Rd 8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are a very good team, they had games that they should have won. The game vs Geelong was all theirs if it wasnt for Motlop missing easy goals. The Brisbane game was a once in a life time comeback, the only game they lost comfortably and didnt deserve to win was the Sydney game. Trust me this team is good, and its getting better.

Tredrae is finding some form, he is not the same player as last year. Ebert worked him self into the game last week which is a worry because we know how dangerous he is. Let Motlop mark the football and take a set shot and we can bet he wont walk away with a goal. Westhoff is starting to find the ball around the park rather then being relied on as a genuine scoring option.

Their defence is young, developing and underated. Chaplin probably played a career best game last week, he is a very good defender who reads the play well. You have Alipate Carlile who is their monster defender, has good pace, doesnt mind rebounding and likes the hard stuff. He will be a match up on Roughie. And you have Petigrew a versatile defender with great pace but has even done run with jobs on Cameron Bruce, he will most likely get first crack on Buddy.

We all know how good their midfield is, but throw in the development of Salopek and Boak, and theyve added 2 very good mids into their already great rotation. Plus Rodan will cause some headaches.

I am not prepared to whipe this team off, I have watched them every week and they are a good team who just couldnt get over the line or close out games. Their win over Essendon and Saints has sparked them into gear and they will look good against us.

Wow, you must watch alot of port games... agree iwth the above, but we have a weak link in defence in Thurstans...

Also, Chaplin didn't play a career best game, career best games were in the first two finals of last year..absolutely brilliant.

Wow, you must watch alot of port games... agree iwth the above, but we have a weak link in defence in Thurstans...

Also, Chaplin didn't play a career best game, career best games were in the first two finals of last year..absolutely brilliant.

Yeah I am not a big fan of Thurstans. How is Wilson travelling is he expected to be back?

Thankyou i'm not the only one who has realised port haven't played a decent opponent yet. I went to the richmond v stkilda game and not only do stkilda play the most slow-moving boring style of footy and only score when richmond stuffed up, but they shouldn't have even won, and look what we did to richmond had've we kicked straight.
port are rubbish

lost to geelong by 10 points

lost a game to brisbane (decent side) after being up by almost 50

I'll be heading down to Launceston for this one!

I got tix in the Lower Gunns Stand, anyone who's been to Aurora Stadium-are these good seats?

Yes they are Gene,

The Gunns stand is the largest, provides most protection from the breeze, so that's the side the hawks prefer to move down towards our goal.

I always end up with tickets on the other side of the ground (Eastern Stand?) and it's noticeable how often the ball goes down the gunns stand side of the ground.

Yes they are Gene,

The Gunns stand is the largest, provides most protection from the breeze, so that's the side the hawks prefer to move down towards our goal.

I always end up with tickets on the other side of the ground (Eastern Stand?) and it's noticeable how often the ball goes down the gunns stand side of the ground.

Cheers buddy!

Go Hawks!!

Kane Cornes is our danger.. He will shut down Mitchell by doing his octopus hold in the stoppages .. then win plenty the other way. He hurt us last time by keeping Mitch to ~15 possessions and got 30+ and 4 goals himself. He needs to be tagged or Mitchell needs to have a blinder. Gonna be much tougher ask of him with Hodge not there.

I'd like to think where we are now, we are much further advanced from last season and have multiple options to combat Ports midfield. Bateman out also hurts our run and Tassie is a wide oval and run is imperative. Gonna be close.

Kane Cornes is our danger.. He will shut down Mitchell by doing his octopus hold in the stoppages .. then win plenty the other way. He hurt us last time by keeping Mitch to ~15 possessions and got 30+ and 4 goals himself. He needs to be tagged or Mitchell needs to have a blinder. Gonna be much tougher ask of him with Hodge not there.

I'd like to think where we are now, we are much further advanced from last season and have multiple options to combat Ports midfield. Bateman out also hurts our run and Tassie is a wide oval and run is imperative. Gonna be close.

Lol that would be a first a tagger getting tagged.:rolleyes::thumbsu::p

Is Lewis back??

If so it is
Campbell/Taylor, Mitchell, Lewis, Crawford, Sewell, Young

vs

Lade/Brogan, K.Cornes, Salopek, Cassisi, Burgoyne, Boak, Pearce and Rodan (occasionly going into the mid, but mostly playing forward flank).

Good match-ups in the mids there.

I expect Mitch to get considerably shut down after his game v Pies.
I've got a feeling Crawf will have a blinder, and even someone like X, Dasher or Taz to have a massive impact.
Bookmark it:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol that would be a first a tagger getting tagged..

Does Cornes ever get tagged? He won you the game last time so hopefully we will change tactics. Sewell on Cornes would be our choice but we will see if Williams allows it.

Our forwardline is stronger, oth backlines are servicable. I like Brogan and Lade so if we can hose down their influence we will be alright.

Haha

This is the part where we all sprout the usual "this will be a tough game" routine.

Not anymore. I stopped putting money on our opposition when paying good odds because i am going broke. We will SMASH port. Plain and simple. 7 goals. After last year our boys will be after revenge and will slaughter the power all over the ground. Power supporters call me arrogent whatever, the fact is I just dont rate your soft overrated mob. If you dont like it file a lawsuit against me.

7 goals, bookmark it

Anyone else concerned about Choco Williams coaching Buddy the week before we play them?

I could just be paranoid, but I can't help but think it's an advantage for Port. Especially if Buddy plays 100% game time with 7 on the bench.

And as I type this Buddy has just given Sammy the biggest F-O don't argue. Wouldn't mind seeing one of the Burgoynes pull a one week hammy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back