Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude.
Zero cases?
There will be a vaccine eventually.
I don't think it needs to be totally eradicated for everything to resume to normal.
We will eventually build immunity to it and there will be a vaccine.
It may take time, but sick people go to the footy every week.

Essentially there already is a vaccine. As with many of these diseases, that's not the hard part. The hardest part is proving it's safe to give to the masses. This takes a number of years basically. This is so highly contagious (up to 5m airborne from breathing 4 to 5 days before symptoms are shown) that we will most likely all have it by the time any vaccine is fit for human distribution and use.

They are doing this on 130 active cases, it's too far gone now to suddenly allow fans back if it stays at 130 forever. Italy went into lockdown and the numbers exploded even worse than before the lockdown and it's not showing any signs of slowing down.

Get prepared for no fans at any games for 2020 and i'm serious when i say that, for as long the government keeps allowing international flights into this country then this is not going to stop.

PS: worst part is the damn government going to raise prices to recoup losses, ditto the footy clubs and AFL.

Agree with this pretty much. This isn't going away for at least a few months.

Going to be facinating to see how ch7 approach the lack of crowd noise.
Can't see them going with just silence and commentary. Hopefully they will amplify the sounds of the game in general.

If the crickets anything to go by, it's weird. Probably no need for the "sounds of the game" segment haha Will sound a lot like training I suppose

Watch it from home you loser
He can’t. His missus is a druggy fan. Imagine listening to a druggy fans opinion on footy for an entire game. Rather take my chances with Ebola let alone Coronavirus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if fans are not allowed to be around each other for fear of breathing on each other............................................

then why are 44 players allowed to play football when they tackle each other, wipe spit on themselves, wipe sweat, bleed and spit droplets into the air where other players can run through.

So if fans are not allowed to be around each other for fear of breathing on each other............................................

then why are 44 players allowed to play football when they tackle each other, wipe spit on themselves, wipe sweat, bleed and spit droplets into the air where other players can run through.
Same reason that 500 people cant buy groceries together.
Hopefully this virus exterminates the weak people on this planet and we get on with life.
We can't just go on mass producing and think it's all going well.

Sports events are a big sample. Small samples don't get called off... let's hope our beloved footy players don't shop at a local cafe with 3 people in it...

How dumb

If the crickets anything to go by, it's weird. Probably no need for the "sounds of the game" segment haha Will sound a lot like training I suppose
We have seen this before with cricket though, to an extent.
The Pakistan 'home' games in the UAE have virtually nobody there.

CLUB STATEMENT – AFL AND AFLW GAMES

The following statement is from Richmond CEO, Brendon Gale:

"Richmond supports the decision around mass gatherings by the Government and the AFL, to protect the health and safety of the community.

We understand the serious nature of COVID-19, and we will continue to comply with the latest advice from the government and health authorities to protect our own players and staff, as well as our Club members and supporters, and the broader community.

We know that our fans will be disappointed to be unable to attend our upcoming AFL and AFLW games - we love to play in front of the Tiger Army, and we know they’re eager to attend our games.

While access to the Club and our games is not possible right now, the Club will continue to engage its members and supporters during this time, to keep them informed and connected to the Club.

The Club will delay the unfurling of the 2019 premiership flag until it can share the moment with its loyal and passionate Tiger Army at the MCG."

Membership and Ticketing information

All fans who purchased public tickets to our Round 1 game against Carlton are eligible for a refund and will be contacted directly by Ticketek.

The Club understands our supporters will have further questions regarding their 2020 memberships, entitlements, corporate hospitality, and events, as the current situation evolves, and we will endeavour to update you all as soon as we can.

The Club, League and entire industry is adapting as information becomes available and we ask for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.

They should not be.
This is what I cannot fathom ATM

Going to be facinating to see how ch7 approach the lack of crowd noise.
Can't see them going with just silence and commentary. Hopefully they will amplify the sounds of the game in general.
THey wont' play next week mate.
AFL has some time to move more slowly than everyone else.
BY Monday or Tuesday the whole thing wiil be postponed

(just my opinion, no source)

We have seen this before with cricket though, to an extent.
The Pakistan 'home' games in the UAE have virtually nobody there.

Yup! I reckon it will take some getting used to. It will keep feeling like practice games where you have to pinch yourself...no wait....it's Round 4!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Back