rd2 captain selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn cox, johnson or cross? I just wanna go with B Johnson, he is up against the dees, surely this is a good thing.

Mate i am in the same boat as you. How ever for me its between Cross and Cox.

You got Cross the ball freaking magnet who will dominate against melbourne.

Or you got Cox vs Adelaide's lack of ruckmen. He will get 40 hit outs and 30 possi's i recon.

Its basically a flip the coin thing, or which ever one you like more.

Thats why i am leaning towards Cross.

Damn cox, johnson or cross? I just wanna go with B Johnson, he is up against the dees, surely this is a good thing.

That is my choice as well.

Cox or BJ. I honestly can't decide.

Cox's record over Crows has been great, and with two rookie ruckman it's hard to pass up. BJ might get double teamed.

Ill check the weather, although i do have a sneaky feeling craig might try something with Cox. Like putting a defender on him as a tag, or making him accountable with burton on him, or something weird like that. Dunno why, just a hunch.

Hayes looks a likely type too, obviously Brown is a real chance again nathan brown, who did a fine job against pav. But i prefer the ball coming from black, lappin, power, notting, johnstone. Rather than Bell, Carrx2, headland and mcmanus (s******).

Lot of folks thinking about Cox for Capt this week.

I'm not so sure. Yeah, he's got an awesome previous 5 game avg against them, and this time he's up against two rookie ruckmen, but I know if I was Woosha, this would be the reason I'd be planning on decreasing his game time and giving Seaby a good run through the ruck. If he's carrying any niggles, limited game would be a good thing for him. Unless the game is close, I just feel Cox will get a fair reduction in TOG. IIRC, this happened once or twice last year in "gimme" games?

The fact that Cox is expected to dominate the Adelaide ruck is the main reason I think he mightn't score as highly this week. I reckon a safer bet is a high scoring midfielder (ie Cross) or forward rotating through midfield (ie BJ).

I'm not so sure. Yeah, he's got an awesome previous 5 game avg against them, and this time he's up against two rookie ruckmen, but I know if I was Woosha, this would be the reason I'd be planning on decreasing his game time and giving Seaby a good run through the ruck. If he's carrying any niggles, limited game would be a good thing for him. Unless the game is close, I just feel Cox will get a fair reduction in TOG. IIRC, this happened once or twice last year in "gimme" games?

The fact that Cox is expected to dominate the Adelaide ruck is the main reason I think he mightn't score as highly this week. I reckon a safer bet is a high scoring midfielder (ie Cross) or forward rotating through midfield (ie BJ).

Games at AAMI against the Crows are nearly always close. I dont see Woosha taking any chances against such quality opposition in reference to TOG. Cox played 89% and Seaby 81% against Brissy, so both ruckman saw a fair amount of gamtime.

Thats a very good point thebaxters :thumbsu:. It may be incorrect but there is a slight chance of that happening.

For cross lets say this isn't the case and he will play basically the whole game, unless he needs to come of for a rest etc. So as far as saftey goes Cross seems the best one to go with. Plus his 149 he scored against melbourne last time he played against them at the MCG is very pursuasive.

I think i will go with my heart and pick Cross as Captain and Cox as vice :D.

I hope i have made the right choice.

Adelaide have a very strong side.
I would expect a very close match and I would say Cox would get alot of TOG. However they could possibly move Cox up forward and let Seaby do the ruck work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the weather predicted to be poor this weekend in most states, i will either go for J Brown or Hayes. Most likely Hayes as he will be playing in perfect conditions under the roof at the Dome

Priddis as captain :thumbsu:

Hoping to make up for my dismall first up score of 1665

Mattner 55
Symes 50
Stanton 37
Dyson 22
Bird 16
McIntosh 46
Deledio 57
Waite 40

Want to push for 2,000 this week. :thumbsu:

Cross (C)
Chad Cornes (VC)

Also i traded goodes for marc murphy

I know dont trade in the first week but its jsut yeh goodes is jsut foul!

Is this a good trade all not? it aint gonna influence me as ive already done the trade hahaha

Cross (C)
Chad Cornes (VC)

Is this a good trade all not? it aint gonna influence me as ive already done the trade hahaha
No it isn't, you've just sold a keeper for someone you'll need to spend another trade on later.

Cross (C)
Chad Cornes (VC)

You did what i was going to do. However Goodes will come good, its just it takes time for him. He will start firing sooner rather than later, so IMO you just wasted a trade.

I was tempted to go with Dal Santo v Carlton.. however i think ill stick with Cox v Adel (that average is to good to go against)

Remove this Banner Ad

rd2 captain selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back