RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Diggers have the best list with or without Williams IMO but I was told a similar story, not about the injury just that after the summer and in the last week he felt he had unfinished business with Diggers after two GF losses. Still remains to be seen though. What capacity is Sammut going back to Riddell, in what role? Sullivan Kauffman couple of good pickups to a rupo side that is clearly going under the radar a bit and expect them to be very very competitive.

Diggers have the best list with or without Williams IMO but I was told a similar story, not about the injury just that after the summer and in the last week he felt he had unfinished business with Diggers after two GF losses. Still remains to be seen though. What capacity is Sammut going back to Riddell, in what role? Sullivan Kauffman couple of good pickups to a rupo side that is clearly going under the radar a bit and expect them to be very very competitive.
Williams never left Diggers as we are his designated local club. We don't expect to have him at all though. He will play at Port Melbourne in the VFL which is great.

Im hearing fonua is a certainty to play at broady and williams broke his finger and is heading back 2 diggers for 1500 a game

Are you serious 1500 a game. Surely not. His the one that came to Pascoe Vale in 2014 and left to go back to Diggers yeah?

Also Williams tried out at Port a few years back. Not sure his up to playing regular VFL seniors.

Are you serious 1500 a game. Surely not. His the one that came to Pascoe Vale in 2014 and left to go back to Diggers yeah?

Also Williams tried out at Port a few years back. Not sure his up to playing regular VFL seniors.
He is back at Port turbo. Went well there in his last stint playing in a VFL grand final from memory. Won't be playing local footy this year.

Pretty sure he is aiming at an AFL list.

Talent is certainly not the problem and was not the problem when he left Port after a few disagreements with the coach. The next 8 months were not kind to Jase with fitness attitude, however the last 12 months he has been terrific for Diggers and bought into the culture and now (still at a young age) has a better chance of seeing how far he can go.

Hey guys!!
We're getting ready to launch into the RDFNL season on Highlands FM .. if anyone is keen to get involved as special comments or play-by-play.. I'd love to hear from you :)

You betchya he is Turbo.

Kid has enormous ability, just has been through a rough patch. Seems to have a clearer head now and look forward to seeing him test himself in the VFL.

You betchya he is Turbo.

Kid has enormous ability, just has been through a rough patch. Seems to have a clearer head now and look forward to seeing him test himself in the VFL.
If i recall correctly he was considered a little unlucky not to be given a crack at the highest level, goodluck to the bloke.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is the case with Williams other clubs are kidding themselves. He will be the best player competition again & with Diggers other recruits pencil them in
Wasnt williams on the recruit? Surely diggers is well under his standard unless he's just playing for $$$

I'm wondering why all the talk about Williams. Was he dominate in the RDFL in previous years or just a very good player. I'm not doubting he has talent, but from what I know of him not sure he would be one of the better players in a strong metro or country competition. Yes he would most likely play regular seniors, but not sure he would be in the best 10 players in a stronger league club.
But I do hear people on here think his good enough to get a regular game with a VFL club like Port Melb. Umm I'm not convinced but that's only my opinion..

I am not sure about think, he WAS good enough to get a regular game when his attitude and fitness was in the right place. What people are saying is that he has gone through and did at the time some issues outside having football talent that held him back and he did not get the best out of himself. In regards to your question does he have the talent to play regular senior VFL football, IMO 100% he does. IF he is not fit or attitude in right spot then your right he won't and would play seniors in metro league and be just ok, but like a lot of players, if his head and body is in the right place, Williams could play VFL senior footy regularly. He has the talent. His first year at Diggers was very good but looked unfit and heavy and lazy at times, last year he took huge strides and with Paul Sahlberg would rate the two best players in the comp, the Diggers culture and people have done wonders for him and his mindset.

Im hearing fonua is a certainty to play at broady and williams broke his finger and is heading back 2 diggers for 1500 a game
I don't think fonua will be at broadford.. Lancefield less confident at the pub tonight. Kilmore the hot favourite he doesn't have the time to train.good luck to him don't think he has ever been paid at Lancefield.
Will be a star in divvy 3 nfl.

I don't think fonua will be at broadford.. Lancefield less confident at the pub tonight. Kilmore the hot favourite he doesn't have the time to train.good luck to him don't think he has ever been paid at Lancefield.
Will be a star in divvy 3 nfl.
Clearances doesn't back up this comment

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back