RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm NOT suggesting there has been any betting scandal whatsoever; however i have to back up Pete’s Pie on this one. I was told before the count (on Sun) who would win and what would happen in the last round. There has definitely been a leak, and the league should be a tad embarrassed. I know it's not the Brownlow but for future credibility of the medal (calling the result), and just overall anticipation on the night it shouldn't happen again! I know there's a few people being coy on this one as i'm aware of few people and posters that knew this was the case!

It's wrong if there was a leak and the people in those positions of trust should be sanctioned by the club delegates - I'm a wee bit confused there's some big allegations on here but surely if Pickles was laying bets he didn't benefit from some inside info :confused:

It's wrong if there was a leak and the people in those positions of trust should be sanctioned by the club delegates - I'm a wee bit confused there's some big allegations on here but surely if Pickles was laying bets he didn't benefit from some inside info :confused:

There is no way I had information on the Bowen Medal count. The only info I had was second hand off someone else who reckoned they knew, and that happens every year. If you scroll back to Monday's posts, I actually tipped Belleville!!!

Also, Scott McCartney didn't have enough time to get the Bowen liftout on the tables. I'm sure you can get a copy from RDFL house.

There is no way I had information on the Bowen Medal count. The only info I had was second hand off someone else who reckoned they knew, and that happens every year. If you scroll back to Monday's posts, I actually tipped Belleville!!!

Also, Scott McCartney didn't have enough time to get the Bowen liftout on the tables. I'm sure you can get a copy from RDFL house.

It was your lift out, you could have done it for him, instead off hassling everyone that came in the door for a bet :D just as bad as somebody on a beach in bali selling postcards. :p

It was your lift out, you could have done it for him, instead off hassling everyone that came in the door for a bet :D just as bad as somebody on a beach in bali selling postcards. :p

I gave it to him three days before the count, so its not my responsibility :D

For those who are desperate to see it email my at news@freepress.com.au and I'll send you the PDF's of the four-pages.

Good on ya mate, thought they were being a tad harsh :thumbsu:

In this blokes opinion,to mention the past in a coach of the (current) YEAR is not valid.No doubt a potential "threepeat" and taking back to back as a personal coach is a great achievement yes. But the critics will be absolutely silenced if dixon can take his boys to the big one,quite frankly i wouldnt have been suprised if the rockbank coach got the award for actually coaching the rams off the bottom of the ladder let alone being a more than competitive 'cellar dweller' team in season '07 or even Simon Choate, for a lad his age to be as competive as lancefield have been this year has also been a feat in its own.

To put it simply,I think the award could have went to quite a few canditates,but dixon was a worthy winner overall.Some were "stiff" ... but it isnt an understatement.

Chris Collins is the coach:thumbsu:

come on matty, get those votes up would you!!! or someone who has the power to do so, a lot of peple are wanting to know where they got votes from, which round/s.

after speaking to a heap of players the general feeling was that they felt that the bowen is gettinh to prictable, and not rewarding the "true" best players.

would there be any chance that the leauge can introduce a "coaches award".
where the coaches award 3 2 1 votes to the opposition player they think that had the most influenece. alot like the way the coaches do it in the TAC CUP. a mate of mine who was a star in his top age year told me that he would have rathered won the coaches award than the morrish (he didnt win either), he felt the coaches award was more true to how they played.

would anyone be interested in doing that? dose anyone think that would work???

we all know that the umpires job is hard enough as it is, and im sure that with making sure the game runs smooth, watching for free kicks, ect ect, that the upire wouldnt remember if a player kicked the first 2 goals and had 10 plus possises in the first quater to help set up the game for his team, but im sure that the coach of the oppossing team would know those facts?

ive got it on good information that mr nicholls will be leaving us soon for different pastures. a job for cricket victoria, can you confrim pickles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does any1 know know how wheels went in the b&f at centrals ?

He was equal runners-up with Bullen and Rock Martin. Nankervis won the B&F and was well deserved, Wheels obviously had a great year and was unfortunate to miss games throughout the season.

all im gonna say is i knew that you knew who won, not gonna get too much into it but to to keep things a mystery either a person that you told, told me or maybe i did actually hear it from the horses mouth:eek:! you say you tipped belleville but you had bonnici at those short odds so know1 would take him, well if i was you i wouldnt have said who i knew was gonna win either:D anyways i know you will try and talk your way out of it because you made abit of cash by giving some ppl juicy odds and know1 would be happy about that, and they shouldnt be either!

If people genuinely thought that I knew the Bowen result then they are fools. Not only are you accusing me of some pretty damaging things, but also the league. The RDFL exec are not fools and there is no way the Bowen result would have been leaked. The top-three players were the best three this year. Perhaps some other players were stiff not to get as many votes as they did, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

all im gonna say is i knew that you knew who won, not gonna get too much into it but to to keep things a mystery either a person that you told, told me or maybe i did actually hear it from the horses mouth:eek:! you say you tipped belleville but you had bonnici at those short odds so know1 would take him, well if i was you i wouldnt have said who i knew was gonna win either:D anyways i know you will try and talk your way out of it because you made abit of cash by giving some ppl juicy odds and know1 would be happy about that, and they shouldnt be either!

I hope you arent hiding behind an alias making those coments. Put your name next to them and show you have some credibility.
As for bonicci being so short, did you actually see the results. He was bog in over half the games. Of course he would be short. Just like bellville was.
It was only ever going to be between the two of them hence why he was able to offer some pretty good odds for the outsiders.
So next post you make acusations in, write your name at the bottom as matt has his at the top, so we all know who you are.

If people genuinely thought that I knew the Bowen result then they are fools. Not only are you accusing me of some pretty damaging things, but also the league. The RDFL exec are not fools and there is no way the Bowen result would have been leaked. The top-three players were the best three this year. Perhaps some other players were stiff not to get as many votes as they did, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

sorry for accusing you mr nicholls, but im not actually accusing- i am making a statement that it was leaked and i hope they can look at this and make it better for the future, for the credibility of this league alot of people that know (and there is a few on bf) will say nothing, even if you did get told the rumoured result (or rumour who won and how much they won it by) second hand, if it turned out true down to the exact vote then that is still pretty shameful on your account:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I hope you arent hiding behind an alias making those coments. Put your name next to them and show you have some credibility.
As for bonicci being so short, did you actually see the results. He was bog in over half the games. Of course he would be short. Just like bellville was.
It was only ever going to be between the two of them hence why he was able to offer some pretty good odds for the outsiders.
So next post you make acusations in, write your name at the bottom as matt has his at the top, so we all know who you are.

i dont wanna cause trouble and im not making your so called 'acusations', lets just leave this topic alone and stop denying that it has happened and hope that next year there are improvements made, that is all im after, and i thought ppl who had any bets on deserved to know, and if they dont care then it means nothing anyways

If your information is so solid Pete you should name where it came from. From where I'm sitting you're making some pretty harsh accusations that could be seen as "Assassination of Charactor". I know Pickles pretty well and I would back him that he wouldn't take bets on something he knew the outcome of. Given the fact that with those fragile wrists, he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, he wouldn't be putting him self in harms way for the sake of a few $$$. Not likely at all. :thumbsdown:

If your information is so solid Pete you should name where it came from. From where I'm sitting you're making some pretty harsh accusations that could be seen as "Assassination of Charactor". I know Pickles pretty well and I would back him that he wouldn't take bets on something he knew the outcome of. Given the fact that with those fragile wrists, he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, he wouldn't be putting him self in harms way for the sake of a few $$$. Not likely at all. :thumbsdown:

for sake of this assassination of character thing i will do a backflip coz as we know harry, matts heart is in the right place and i couldnt see him in a betting scandal either, but like woody said- there was a rumour of what the positioning of the results were and the amount of votes that were the differance, both before and after the last game, and when the rumour turns out to be 100% correct could it hardly be called a rumour, it would have to be a really really lucky guess or have come from a reliable source.. true????

for sake of this assassination of character thing i will do a backflip coz as we know harry, matts heart is in the right place and i couldnt see him in a betting scandal either, but like woody said- there was a rumour of what the positioning of the results were and the amount of votes that were the differance, both before and after the last game, and when the rumour turns out to be 100% correct could it hardly be called a rumour, it would have to be a really really lucky guess or have come from a reliable source.. true????

I understand what you're saying pete and I haven't taken offence to this. But I heard the same rumour you did about the votes but I never knew the result. Last year everyone thought Sims and Jose would fight it out, and no one gave Ruane a chance. There was even talk of leaked information. It turned out to be wrong. There will not be any betting next year, for fear that this may come up again. It was supposed to be bit of fun and there wasn't huge money at stake. I'll have to apply for my bookies license over summer without cricket on the agenda :D

I understand what you're saying pete and I haven't taken offence to this. But I heard the same rumour you did about the votes but I never knew the result. Last year everyone thought Sims and Jose would fight it out, and no one gave Ruane a chance. There was even talk of leaked information. It turned out to be wrong. There will not be any betting next year, for fear that this may come up again. It was supposed to be bit of fun and there wasn't huge money at stake. I'll have to apply for my bookies license over summer without cricket on the agenda :D

the rumour WAS the result so we could hardly call it a rumour because it was 100% on the money, i really hope it can be looked at for years to come, as it may not mean much to some but besides a premiership medal some would say that it is the next best thing not just for the player but also for a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back