RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on kings, are you not even willing to reserve your judgement until the end of the year? Do you really think a coach out coaching the other can be 100 point difference, i think players would have to make up for quite a large portion of that.
In alot of peoples eyes we will see the coach of the year in 3 weeks. Lets wait until then.
Kings why just criticise 1 out of 23 in the team of the year, Have a crack at the whole side yourself. Let us all see how wrong or right you may get it.

Coach of the year should be the premiership coach. Rowsell in his 2nd year has taken Riddell to the top after losing some gun players. Lee James was the premier forward last year. Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in the RDFL when people won't vote for a team that has had some great success.

They're you go son !

Thanks Bears Boy. The Bowen that I always shake my head at and I think Woody will get a laugh out of this was Mark Power's 2nd Bowen in 1996. He won with 15 votes after finishing 3rd behind Alamo and Segidis both from Melton. During the year Power was reported for kicking, spitting and tripping and on all three charges got off on a technicality.

Something I noticed to come of this years league BnF's was that goalkicking wont get you votes.

Seniors - David Cornish (Kilmore) - 73 goals - 3 Votes (1 point in 3 different matches) - included one bag of 10, one of 8 and four matches in which he kicked 6

Reserves - Nathaniel John (Romsey) - 59 goals - 0 Votes - included one bag of 10 and one of 9

Under 18's - John Baker (Romsey) - 74 goals - 0 votes - included one bag of 11 and one of 9

Do goalkickers go unnoticed? Are they less important than the midfielders? Just wanting others opinions on why this may be ...

Thanks Bears Boy. The Bowen that I always shake my head at and I think Woody will get a laugh out of this was Mark Power's 2nd Bowen in 1996. He won with 15 votes after finishing 3rd behind Alamo and Segidis both from Melton. During the year Power was reported for kicking, spitting and tripping and on all three charges got off on a technicality.

Wasn't aware of that KA. Have to let him tell me the story over a beer some time! I'm sure the story would have got hell of lot better over the years. Good to see him play a role in their win on the weekend, how'd he go?

Something I noticed to come of this years league BnF's was that goalkicking wont get you votes.

Seniors - David Cornish (Kilmore) - 73 goals - 3 Votes (1 point in 3 different matches) - included one bag of 10, one of 8 and four matches in which he kicked 6

Reserves - Nathaniel John (Romsey) - 59 goals - 0 Votes - included one bag of 10 and one of 9

Under 18's - John Baker (Romsey) - 74 goals - 0 votes - included one bag of 11 and one of 9

Do goalkickers go unnoticed? Are they less important than the midfielders? Just wanting others opinions on why this may be ...

Always the way-midfielders with reps (know the umpires),or have distinctive physical features i.e interesting haircuts or carry the ball a little more than others get up in the votes. The top two most years are pretty spot on as it was this year, after that you can throw a blanket over the rest. Umpires also around the onballers a lot. Umpires dont always have a good understanding of which backman has a game winning performance or Forwards who work hard at some of the important but less recognised facets of th game and kick their 3-4 goals. Occurs in the AFL so of course it will occur in our league! Cornish unlucky not to get a few more votes-does he bag the umpires?

I thought it a bit strange also that Nathaniel John didn't poll a vote. he couldn't have won it any way as he was reported and suspended. I also thought John Baker would have polled a few. Very stiff. The forwards and backs don't get enough recognition in my opinion.

As far as the betting scandal is concerned I'm happy to lay it to rest also. Lets get on to the more important things this weekend, who will go into the granny and who will go to the prelim?

Can anybody give me more info as to the alleged "outburst" of Brian Taylor on Monday night? I heard that he gave the Romsey table a spray for being noisey while he was talking. It has also been alleged that he is pulling his son out of the club because he doesn't want him to play with "Romsey Scumbags".

If this is true, I'm pretty dissapointed that it was said publicly. Romsey are a great club and are made up of a majority of great people. Every club has a few people that can get carried away at times. Everyone can remember when they were 18 and they could all remember going over the top at some stage. Let's not get too concerned about the behaviour of a couple of young blokes that went too hard too early. We've all been there and I'd be very surprised if BT himself could honestly say he's never been there or done that:thumbsdown:

Can anybody give me more info as to the alleged "outburst" of Brian Taylor on Monday night? I heard that he gave the Romsey table a spray for being noisey while he was talking. It has also been alleged that he is pulling his son out of the club because he doesn't want him to play with "Romsey Scumbags".

If this is true, I'm pretty dissapointed that it was said publicly. Romsey are a great club and are made up of a majority of great people. Every club has a few people that can get carried away at times. Everyone can remember when they were 18 and they could all remember going over the top at some stage. Let's not get too concerned about the behaviour of a couple of young blokes that went too hard too early. We've all been there and I'd be very surprised if BT himself could honestly say he's never been there or done that:thumbsdown:

I didn't hear what you have just written Harry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear what you have just written Harry.

Perhaps it was said in a comedic fashion and has been taken out of context by people who were under the influence. I guess you shouldn't pay too much credence to stories told by people who've been on the turps. I know BT's son and he's a great kid, I'm sure he'd be pretty annoyed if his old man did say that. Anyway, I'll move on.

Anyone got any ins and outs for this weeks finals?

As for the spray, alot in the room would have thought it could have been better. The lads were very noisey and showed little repect for the talker, he pointed them out, asked them to tone it down and fair enough, sometimes when you try and put a message out to everybody, not everybody listens, point out a couple of individuals or a particular group they hear it. They did sort of quieten down a little.
Yes they are young and got into it early.
:thumbsu: BT was very professional in the way he did it. I thought he was brilliant. :thumbsu:

Always the way-midfielders with reps (know the umpires),or have distinctive physical features i.e interesting haircuts or carry the ball a little more than others get up in the votes. The top two most years are pretty spot on as it was this year, after that you can throw a blanket over the rest. Umpires also around the onballers a lot. Umpires dont always have a good understanding of which backman has a game winning performance or Forwards who work hard at some of the important but less recognised facets of th game and kick their 3-4 goals. Occurs in the AFL so of course it will occur in our league! Cornish unlucky not to get a few more votes-does he bag the umpires?

How quickly we forget....didn't a full forward win the Bowen two years ago? Granted, he did kick a ton of goals (literally) but in the same breath, it was running backmen and midfielders that supplied him.

Nothing in it Harry, BT pretty much asked them to pull their heads in while people were up on stage talking which to their credit they did.
As for the other comment didn't hear anything and didn't hear anyone else comment on the night.

I think it was a good night, everyone was pretty well behaved and a well deserved win by Bonnicci.

Nothing in it Harry, BT pretty much asked them to pull their heads in while people were up on stage talking which to their credit they did.
As for the other comment didn't hear anything and didn't hear anyone else comment on the night.

I think it was a good night, everyone was pretty well behaved and a well deserved win by Bonnicci.

Fair enough then. I've met BT a few times when he has come down to Romsey's club rooms and he's great bloke, that's why I would've been dissapointed had he actually made those comments.

Anyone got any ins or outs? Are people holding their cards close to their chests this late in the year?;) Any news on the tribunal results?

I know you blokes have decided to let the whole inside info/betting thing slide but it was quite slanderous on the young fella to even suggest that initially.

Petespace seemed fairly adament in his statements and then did a massive backflip which should be commended - but what about the rep of young Pickles that may have been tainted the past few days by all this?

I know you blokes have decided to let the whole inside info/betting thing slide but it was quite slanderous on the young fella to even suggest that initially.

Petespace seemed fairly adament in his statements and then did a massive backflip which should be commended - but what about the rep of young Pickles that may have been tainted the past few days by all this?

Thanks for your support Doona but I just took it in my stride. I know I wasn't guilty of the allegations and hopefully people who know me would believe that too. I happily decided to post under my name because I was prepared to back up what I have to say. I know who petespies is and he is a very good bloke, and believe it or not he actually had a wager through my agency. I've been in the journalism caper for long enough now to know that criticism like that can only be taken as water off a duck's back.

Thanks for your support Doona but I just took it in my stride. I know I wasn't guilty of the allegations and hopefully people who know me would believe that too. I happily decided to post under my name because I was prepared to back up what I have to say. I know who petespies is and he is a very good bloke, and believe it or not he actually had a wager through my agency. I've been in the journalism caper for long enough now to know that criticism like that can only be taken as water off a duck's back.

Sonds like a guilty man talking to me!!!!!
Now matt you must now know some tribunal results.
Are the rest of us unconnected people allowed to know ar has IMS gone to the supreme court and got an injunction, just like they did aganst channel seven.:D
by the way I was joking at the start...

Sonds like a guilty man talking to me!!!!!
Now matt you must now know some tribunal results.
Are the rest of us unconnected people allowed to know ar has IMS gone to the supreme court and got an injunction, just like they did aganst channel seven.:D
by the way I was joking at the start...

Cheers mate, no idea about the tribunal though. Up to my ears in work today :thumbsu:

Oh :eek: if you know petespies then its fair to suggest he's talking thru his wallet and wasn't serious in the allegations then? Geez he nearly got you in a fair bit of strife

I hear that all Romsey players got off at the Tribunal, including players who were Red Carded.

No wonder Halfullonfence hasn't been on this week, he is due to play Romsey on Sunday and is no doubt filthy - and rightly so.
Don't know what happened with one of his players at the Tribunal but he was reported by Scott McCartney, good luck getting off that.

Any updates Beats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back