RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your support Doona but I just took it in my stride. I know I wasn't guilty of the allegations and hopefully people who know me would believe that too. I happily decided to post under my name because I was prepared to back up what I have to say. I know who petespies is and he is a very good bloke, and believe it or not he actually had a wager through my agency. I've been in the journalism caper for long enough now to know that criticism like that can only be taken as water off a duck's back.
The 20 to 1 will test your bank balance in the next couple of weeks,no leaks there hopefully it becomes fact and Rocky and i can buy you a few drinks.

I hear that all Romsey players got off at the Tribunal, including players who were Red Carded.

No wonder Halfullonfence hasn't been on this week, he is due to play Romsey on Sunday and is no doubt filthy - and rightly so.
Don't know what happened with one of his players at the Tribunal but he was reported by Scott McCartney, good luck getting off that.

Any updates Beats?

Does Scott McCartney think he is Ian Collins? Leave the reports up to the umpires

Oh :eek: if you know petespies then its fair to suggest he's talking thru his wallet and wasn't serious in the allegations then? Geez he nearly got you in a fair bit of strife

never pulled my wallet out matt, anyways done and dusted matter!
the old saying is that your only as good as your fringe players, who of the remaining four sides do people think to have the best all round seniors list, down to the 22nd person picked, consistency throughout the four quarters can sometimes steal a finals game......

never pulled my wallet out matt, anyways done and dusted matter!
the old saying is that your only as good as your fringe players, who of the remaining four sides do people think to have the best all round seniors list, down to the 22nd person picked, consistency throughout the four quarters can sometimes steal a finals game......

Woodend-Hesket has the best depth for mine. While their best 22 is not as good as Riddell's, they have some excellent players in the reserves who are up to senior standard.

Are the Woodend-Hesket seniors falling apart at the crunch time of the season?

Apparently some big names got the chop from the ones last night.

I heard that both Rick Dowling and Wazza Else were to be axed ... unbelievable! I think four others might have been nudged out too. Will confirm later.

With Matt Stacey out with a hammy, I think they were even going to put Darko in the side, despite not being able to train freely on Tuesday night.

Giddings will look like a genius if the blokes coming in can step up and do the job, but alternatively will look like a goose if they don't bring anything to the table.

Dowling kicked seven goals from three quarters just a few weeks ago, albiet against Rockbank, and has been very handy around the big sticks in the four games I seen him play this year. Big Wazza is a thumping kick and even if his defensive skills have been down slightly this year, should be kept in the side purely for his excellent kickouts.

With Stacey out, Sipthorp will probably have to take some rucking duties which will ultimately see Connellan dominate again and stop Sippy running riot around the ground.

I heard that both Rick Dowling and Wazza Else were to be axed ... unbelievable! I think four others might have been nudged out too. Will confirm later.

With Matt Stacey out with a hammy, I think they were even going to put Darko in the side, despite not being able to train freely on Tuesday night.

Giddings will look like a genius if the blokes coming in can step up and do the job, but alternatively will look like a goose if they don't bring anything to the table.

Dowling kicked seven goals from three quarters just a few weeks ago, albiet against Rockbank, and has been very handy around the big sticks in the four games I seen him play this year. Big Wazza is a thumping kick and even if his defensive skills have been down slightly this year, should be kept in the side purely for his excellent kickouts.

With Stacey out, Sipthorp will probably have to take some rucking duties which will ultimately see Connellan dominate again and stop Sippy running riot around the ground.

We'll wait and see on Sunday, I couldn't see that happening. Dowling may not want to play against Romsey as both times he has been extremely well held.:D

We'll wait and see on Sunday, I couldn't see that happening. Dowling may not want to play against Romsey as both times he has been extremely well held.:D

I know Dowling well enough to know that he would have been extremely hungry to give Jimmy a lesson. And I guarantee you, Dowling and Stacey won't be playing. My insider tells me Else was to be dropped, but haven't heard from him/her this morning. I couldn't see them axing their best defender in an elimination final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have a good insider Matt (which is a bit disappointing from a hawks perspective).Got a few things spot on mate! But please check your source for a piece of unreliable info they've passed onto you i.e Wazza being dropped-never mentioned, was never going to happen and is completely wrong (wont make the guy feel great if he reads rubbish like especially when its far from the truth)! Maybe your informer has seen that he's been named on the bench (purely for match-up reasons) and got a little carried away. The insider musn't be a true Hawker anyway as i'm sure they would have waited until just before the game to let a few things out of the bag and not Thursday night!!!!!! While you’re on fire mate any chance chasing down some ins and outs for other teams-namely Romsey!

Must have a good insider Matt (which is a bit disappointing from a hawks perspective).Got a few things spot on mate! But please check your source for a piece of unreliable info they've passed onto you i.e Wazza being dropped-never mentioned, was never going to happen and is completely wrong (wont make the guy feel great if he reads rubbish like especially when its far from the truth)! Maybe your informer has seen that he's been named on the bench (purely for match-up reasons) and got a little carried away. The insider musn't be a true Hawker anyway as i'm sure they would have waited until just before the game to let a few things out of the bag and not Thursday night!!!!!! While you’re on fire mate any chance chasing down some ins and outs for other teams-namely Romsey!

Well I'm glad I was reasonably close to the mark. As for Romsey, I can't see too many changes made from last week's game. Matt McLellan had a pretty sore left shoulder after the Diggers Rest match and there was suspicion on whether he would get up, but I believe he is okay to go. Our own Harry Wilson had a lot of ice on his ankle but should be good to go. Burlak had issues with his hip but is right.

Something I noticed to come of this years league BnF's was that goalkicking wont get you votes.

Seniors - David Cornish (Kilmore) - 73 goals - 3 Votes (1 point in 3 different matches) - included one bag of 10, one of 8 and four matches in which he kicked 6

Reserves - Nathaniel John (Romsey) - 59 goals - 0 Votes - included one bag of 10 and one of 9

Under 18's - John Baker (Romsey) - 74 goals - 0 votes - included one bag of 11 and one of 9

Do goalkickers go unnoticed? Are they less important than the midfielders? Just wanting others opinions on why this may be ...

i think they do go unnoticed, had a look at the last game of the year between rid and the roos, mick allen kicked 8 and didnt poll one vote, was clearly best a flield and could get a single vote.

had a look at another game, in the 2's hewwit from WH kicked 7 and leggett from WH kicked 5 or 6 and neither got a vote in game where they won by 25 plus goals.

would people be interested in a coaches award???

Well I'm glad I was reasonably close to the mark. As for Romsey, I can't see too many changes made from last week's game. Matt McLellan had a pretty sore left shoulder after the Diggers Rest match and there was suspicion on whether he would get up, but I believe he is okay to go. Our own Harry Wilson had a lot of ice on his ankle but should be good to go. Burlak had issues with his hip but is right.

Now that's a bit more of a balanced approach Matt! Seeing you've always got along with the Woodend boys, i hate to think you're giving other teams an unfair advantage with inside gossip while we get nothing back in return. Be handy if the insider shut his/her mouth for a little while and let us get on with the big task of playing an inform Romsey team! Any chance you'd leak the source or a least give us a cryptic clue (i know you journos love that) to who this proud and loyal Hawk would be?

Now that's a bit more of a balanced approach Matt! Seeing you've always got along with the Woodend boys, i hate to think you're giving other teams an unfair advantage with inside gossip while we get nothing back in return. Be handy if the insider shut his/her mouth for a little while and let us get on with the big task of playing an inform Romsey team! Any chance you'd leak the source or a least give us a cryptic clue (i know you journos love that) to who this proud and loyal Hawk would be?

The only clue I'll give is that they are not a player.

Harry's Happenings - The Finals Edition

Saturday 8th September - Romsey Park

Sunbury Kangaroos v Riddell

This is going to be a MASSIVE game. The Roos are in red hot form and are looking for their first entry into the BIG DANCE. The Roos had a huge opening half to last weeks clash against the Hawks showing that they have the fire power early to match the league's big boys Riddell. It was an 8 goal 1 point to 1 goal 1 point 3rd quarter though that saw the Hawks back in front at the last change. Did the Hawks outplay the Roos or did the Roos switch off mentally thinking the game was going to win itself after half time? Either way the Roos have showed the opposition that they have a tendancy to drop off the pace for a stage of tha game. If this is the case any side who plays them will know that they have to keep up with them and weather the storm and wait for the opportunity to arise when the game can be stolen back. Personally, I don't think this is the case. I think the Roos played well while their opponents played only a half of the game. This could spell trouble for the Roos.

The mid-field has been boosted the last couple of weeks with the inlcusion of Jamie Cuffe. He has lightened the load of Steve James in the middle and is also very dangerous up forward where he will out mark any defender. Bonnici has obviously now been recognised as the premier onballer inthe league and will once again be relied on heavily to win the ball from the stoppages. Mix in Helmers, McInernies and Niki, the Roos look to have all the cattle required to receive their entry ticket to the DANCE FLOOR.

What more can be said about Riddell? They are the minor premiers, losing only one game in the home and away season. The likes of Petran and Allen up forward have create, not headaches, but migranes for defenders and have consistantly taken apart the leagues premier defenders. Fed with "lace out" ball from their slick midfield, the Riddell forwards need only mark the ball, casually go back and slot the thing from, from the majority of the time, right in front. A nice job if you can get it!! This week will prove a huge battle in the middle with Mick Burnett facing a huge task in trying to outplay both Cuffe and James. In my opinion it won't really matter who wins the ruck, as Riddell's premier mid-fielder, Belleville will rove to either side's ruckman and do it well. Teaming up with Blade, Coles, McDonald, Belleville will have a lot of support around the stoppages. He won't tag anyone, he doesn't need to. Quite often he will run to where the ball will go next and genuinely beat his opponent for the ball. The Riddell defenders are also exceptional at what they do. Led by the captain Jason Allen, their run off half back is second to none in this league. They run, carry and deliver the ballup the field with precision. Not to mention the ever crafty Wadden and Besanko. These guys alone can turn the game on a 20 cent piece in the matter of 2 minutes.

Don't be surprised to see an upset here, if Riddell have taken their break a little too lightly and the Roos fire up again, we could be in for a cracking nail biting affair. This game will be played on the best ground in the league bar none. I'm not talking about facilities, purely the surface. The weather looks like it will be sunny and 20 degrees. No excuses out there tomorrow. Should be ENORMOUS. Harry's Tip: Riddell by 16 points.

Sunday 9th September - JJ Clancy Reserve - Kilmore

Woodend Hesket v Romsey

With a surprise defeat last week at the hands of the Roos the Hawks will be out to spill bood this week. Knowing that thay have made their job very difficult, they now have to get to the BIG DANCE via an alternate route, a slight detour through Romsey. Rather than the smooth trip they thought they would face the road has become a little more bumpy. With a few rumours floating around that the Hawks will be without Stacey and Dowling, many may think that the Hawks could be in trouble. The last time these two sides met, in round 18, the Hawks got over the line by 39 points but only after leading the match at 3/4 time by 2 points. Stacey was convincingly beaten in the ruck and Dowling was held to 1 goal. So, given that those two players didn't have much influence on the game and the Hawks still won the game convincingly, what should be different if these two don't end up lining up on Sunday? Well, for starters Connellan will be rucking against the Hawks second best ruckman, the Redback defenders will now be playing on second or third best forwards. Which could see the a little more freedom for the Redbacks across the ground. The Hawks rebounded out of defence very well with "Ninga" playing well along with captain Adam Johnstone. Sipthorpe will always be troubling for any side, unless he is forced to share some of the ruck work. This is something I can't see happening. With the other rumor that Darko may return, all he would need to do is be some sort of contest in the ruck and let Podbury and Sipthorpe feed off either ruckman.

The Redbacks had a big win last week. Whilst it was never a given, the Redbacks led by 4 points at half time, only to put the foot down in the 3rd quarter to kick 3 goals 4 points to 1 point and in the last quarter kicked a further 5 goals 3 points to Diggers' 1 goal. Leading the way was the captain Brydan Morgan, who lifts for finals football and is rarely beaten at this point of the season. Ben John lifted also in the 3rd quarter showing the run and carry needed to win big games. This game will be a big encounter, with the Haws knowing that Romsey can match them all around the ground. It will be the endeavour and the steel nerve that will decide the winner of this game. Most will be tipping the Hawks, comfortably, and why not, they finished higher, smashed the Redbacks twice during the home and away season. Finals is different. I'm a little biased. Harry's Tip: Romsey by 4 points.

Good luck to the U18's when they tackle Macedon this week. Let's hope there is no rubbish like last week. Halffull, best of luck to your boys also mate:thumbsu: Good luck to the girls in the netball, all grades and teams.

Good luck to all players pulling them on this week. God I Love Finals:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Harry.

Wasn't aware of that KA. Have to let him tell me the story over a beer some time! I'm sure the story would have got hell of lot better over the years. Good to see him play a role in their win on the weekend, how'd he go?

He was good. Still has a massive presence on the field and makes a lot of the opposition very uncomfotable with his verbal abuse. Like Glen McGrath loves to find a bunny early. Thought you might be heading to Warnenbool for Sandle's bucks - the red roughy is struggling for numbers!

Reports I have heard from the last time Riddell and Sunbury Kangas met, J Belleville was very well held by James House. Can the boy pull this off again? He will need to for the Roos to cause an upset. Can't go past Riddell for mine, but looking forward to a good contest.

Woodend going in at less than full strength against and in form and experience finals campaigner in Romsey. This is where I can see an upset. Season form suggests Woodend will win, but I can see Romsey getting up in another great game.

Good luck to everyone this week, and I just hope all the headlines are about football on Monday!

i'm going for riddell to beat kangaroos. if kangaroos win the premiership, mongrel may well declare helmers as the best player to ever take the field of play - we can't have that.

hawks to beat romsey, if only so one hawks team wins this week. :mad:

carn the hawks (as in hawthorn)

i'm going for riddell to beat kangaroos. if kangaroos win the premiership, mongrel may well declare helmers as the best player to ever take the field of play - we can't have that.

hawks to beat romsey, if only so one hawks team wins this week. :mad:

carn the hawks (as in hawthorn)

Woodend-Hesket's reserves and thirds should romp it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back