RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going for riddell to beat kangaroos. if kangaroos win the premiership, mongrel may well declare helmers as the best player to ever take the field of play - we can't have that.

hawks to beat romsey, if only so one hawks team wins this week. :mad:

carn the hawks (as in hawthorn)

you think your tough enough to be starting these games disco?if you had actually met me you would know yhat im passionate about footy and i speak very highly of all quality players,and yes about myself too.but u seem 2 want to start something here,so im up 4 it.just come and introduce yourself some time

you think your tough enough to be starting these games disco?if you had actually met me you would know yhat im passionate about footy and i speak very highly of all quality players,and yes about myself too.but u seem 2 want to start something here,so im up 4 it.just come and introduce yourself some time

it's nothing to do with toughness, mongrel. if you wish to chat to me about things over a beer sometime, i'm more than happy to meet you. if you think i want to head out the back to sort it out that way, you've got the wrong man.

for the record - much of what i say is tough in cheek. i've never once said you can't play, or aren't passionate about your footy. i was just bemused at your willingness to put your own name forward for accolades, be they deserved or not.

it's nothing to do with toughness, mongrel. if you wish to chat to me about things over a beer sometime, i'm more than happy to meet you. if you think i want to head out the back to sort it out that way, you've got the wrong man.

for the record - much of what i say is tough in cheek. i've never once said you can't play, or aren't passionate about your footy. i was just bemused at your willingness to put your own name forward for accolades, be they deserved or not.

i merely mentioned the players from macedon that would be candidates for that team.if u look at the previous posts you will find i was already nominated.thats the only reason my name came up amongst the other macedon players.i didnt bother responding to your post at the time because i knew you had me totally wrong.but u continued it on b4 so i decided to respond.a beer sounds like a great idea tho:D

i merely mentioned the players from macedon that would be candidates for that team.if u look at the previous posts you will find i was already nominated.thats the only reason my name came up amongst the other macedon players.i didnt bother responding to your post at the time because i knew you had me totally wrong.but u continued it on b4 so i decided to respond.a beer sounds like a great idea tho:D

sounds like beers are on me if i misconstrued it that badly.

come on guys we have got to be serious, this weekend Riddell to thump Kangaroos by 40pts and Woodend will beat Romsey by 35pts
all one way games this week, Sorry Guys

$1.25 for the favs that are going to romp it in, and $2.30 for the roughies, you make me laugh nicholls.

odds are extremely skinny this week. Matt must be scared wthe punters might get a bit back after cleaning us up on Bowen. Wodend @1.40 with 5 changes (including their biggest star...ssshhhhhh i didnt let it out woody) is way under odds but romsey at just 2.10 not very enticing either.
cmon matt i understand your gonna be alittle under value but this is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

odds are extremely skinny this week. Matt must be scared wthe punters might get a bit back after cleaning us up on Bowen. Wodend @1.40 with 5 changes (including their biggest star...ssshhhhhh i didnt let it out woody) is way under odds but romsey at just 2.10 not very enticing either.
cmon matt i understand your gonna be alittle under value but this is ridiculous.

Sorry fellas I didn't adjust the market.

Riddell held a five goal lead at qtr time, the Kangaroos fought back to lead at the main break, the Bombers held a slight lead at the final break, before kicking away slightly to record a four goal win. Best for Riddell IMO were: Aaron Blade, Jason Allen, Heathy Wadden (although he missed some soda goals) and Leigh Harrison (who was the difference in the second half). For the Roos, I thought Bonnici was the igniter in the second term with some excellent individual efforts, but I thought Leigh McInerney was absolutely sensational. The big Idol in G. Ploog or as we like to call him "The Simo Destroyer" was also great with some "dukeish" grabs and a nice taunt to the crowd. The umpiring was very good all day, but there was a bit of a blue in the last quarter when Harrison dropped a mark, the ump blew the whistle to pay it and then had to call a ball-up. From that play the ball went down the Roos end where they had a shot at goal, fortunately for the Bombers it missed. Then about 60 seconds later Heath Wadden dropped a mark which was ultimately paid and then he too missed! But I thought the umps were very good all day. Not much atmosphere at Romsey though I thought, people were too spread out. The surface looked a treat though!

In the reserves, huge upset with the Kangaroos rolling the Hawks. Very lackluster performance from the Woodend-Hesket boys. One of the best reserves quarters of footy was seen in the second term.

In the Under 18s, Woodend-Hesket booted three goals in the first five minutes and didn't look back. Diggers Rest had enough of the ball but didn't use it.

Riddell held a five goal lead at qtr time, the Kangaroos fought back to lead at the main break, the Bombers held a slight lead at the final break, before kicking away slightly to record a four goal win. Best for Riddell IMO were: Aaron Blade, Jason Allen, Heathy Wadden (although he missed some soda goals) and Leigh Harrison (who was the difference in the second half). For the Roos, I thought Bonnici was the igniter in the second term with some excellent individual efforts, but I thought Leigh McInerney was absolutely sensational. The big Idol in G. Ploog or as we like to call him "The Simo Destroyer" was also great with some "dukeish" grabs and a nice taunt to the crowd. The umpiring was very good all day, but there was a bit of a blue in the last quarter when Harrison dropped a mark, the ump blew the whistle to pay it and then had to call a ball-up. From that play the ball went down the Roos end where they had a shot at goal, fortunately for the Bombers it missed. Then about 60 seconds later Heath Wadden dropped a mark which was ultimately paid and then he too missed! But I thought the umps were very good all day. Not much atmosphere at Romsey though I thought, people were too spread out. The surface looked a treat though!

In the reserves, huge upset with the Kangaroos rolling the Hawks. Very lackluster performance from the Woodend-Hesket boys. One of the best reserves quarters of footy was seen in the second term.

In the Under 18s, Woodend-Hesket booted three goals in the first five minutes and didn't look back. Diggers Rest had enough of the ball but didn't use it.

In the Seniors.

N. Allen No 2 clearly BOG - 21 kicks 10 handballs & 8 marks,
J. Belleville 17 kicks 11 handballs.
A. Blade 12 kicks 10 handballs.
J. Petran 4 goals.
H Wadden 4 goals.
L. Harrison 3 goals.

Riddell held a five goal lead at qtr time, the Kangaroos fought back to lead at the main break, the Bombers held a slight lead at the final break, before kicking away slightly to record a four goal win.
Not much atmosphere at Romsey though I thought, people were too spread out. The surface looked a treat though!

Not much atmosphere, where were you? on the golf course. The Roos supporters got right into it, with great vocals, roo chants and everything, maybe next time you should move around the whole ground, not just sit in your car next to a 80 year olds tea party. :D

As for the huge upset in the 2s, i think it may only be you that underated the boys so much. To be honest, i didn't think it would have been a result like that. I did think that if we played our best football we could have won.
:thumbsu: Congratulations to the boys on gaining entry into another Grand Final, well played and deserved. :thumbsu:

Congratulations to both Riddell and Woodend for also having sides going into the big one. I think it was diggers and riddell that went through in the netball? :confused:

After seeing Ressies result & hearing about some of the changes in the Hawks side,there sounds like all is not well north of the Divide.Romsey may be a big chance to take 1st semi out.How many goals did Dowling kick this year,you don"t drop someone who is a key forward.How interested would he have been yesterday in the Ressies.
As 4 Hawks 18s very good effort ,even though Diggers had enough of the Ball (after 1st 5mns) They did not allow Diggers forwards the room to enuff create scoring opps.
Hoping Burra 2s get up 2day so I can be there with them next week along with the 18s

The Lancefield Football Club held their B&F vote count last night. Winners were: Phil Conway beat Simon Choate in the seniors, Matty Crozier beat Wayne Kraus in the reserves, Luke Malone beat Chris Burkett in the u18's. Netball A grade was taken out by Anna Soldatic and the B grade saw Nicole Sheehan winning.:thumbsu:

The Lancefield Football Club held their B&F vote count last night. Winners were: Phil Conway beat Simon Choate in the seniors, Matty Crozier beat Wayne Kraus in the reserves, Luke Malone beat Chris Burkett in the u18's. Netball A grade was taken out by Anna Soldatic and the B grade saw Nicole Sheehan winning.:thumbsu:

Hey that Anna Soldatic goes ok JB ! ..................................... & she aint to bad apparently at netball either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back