RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumour has it that brian taylor will be hosting this year's bowen medal night with scott mccartney. i was also told that matt nicholls would be doing some player interviews with taylor. can you confirm pickles?

I hope to be having some sort of involvement on the night. Perhaps do a quick interview with winners in tandem with Taylor (if he is confirmed, I hope so).

Rumors had James Petran as the new FF at Riddell.

scary rumour that full backs will b lickin their lips!

You can turn any player like Petran into a full forward in a good side. He has all the skills and can read the play. With the delivery, he could kick 60 in a season.

There are not many good full backs in this comp don't forget Trav

HFF, you broke this story back in December, and it appears as if Van had no faith. While he didn't kick 60 goals, he has had a fantastic season to date.

Looking forward, to a masisve night with you IMS! If it is everything you make it out to be, i will be legless!

What sort of advice could you perhaps give some of the virgins to the bowen?

Best advice is to probably keep your self nice until the Bowen has been awarded. That way you won't boo and jeer at the inappropriate times and then be awarded with "Tool of the Night". That awards is mine!! :D

Also, if you do get a few Bowen votes, don't start speaking to the coaches of opposition clubs telling them how good you are and how they should be looking at acquiring your services next year. That would be pretty bad form. :D

Best advice is to probably keep your self nice until the Bowen has been awarded. That way you won't boo and jeer at the inappropriate times and then be awarded with "Tool of the Night". That awards is mine!! :D

Also, if you do get a few Bowen votes, don't start speaking to the coaches of opposition clubs telling them how good you are and how they should be looking at acquiring your services next year. That would be pretty bad form. :D

Wouldn't happen lol! What your plans in 2008 mate, notice you could be on the move?

Wouldn't happen lol! What your plans in 2008 mate, notice you could be on the move?

Not too sure what will happen next year. At the moment I'm concentrating on helping the Redbacks get over the Burra this week. It would be very difficult for me to leave the Redbacks. They've been really good to me over the last 10 years. But who knows, a lot can happen in the next 6 months.;)

Looking forward, to a masisve night with you IMS! If it is everything you make it out to be, i will be legless!

Slow and steady is the best way to go, once the awards are done get right into it. If the grog starts to slow up, go harder. Organise the next day off.
Remember you not only make yourself look like a fool, but your club.

Gotta love late august/early september! the weather is showing a glimpse of wats to come and the smell of finals footy is well and truly in the air. Riddell are snug atm, can sit back and analyse the weekends matches concentrating on strengths, weaknesses and put theoretical ideas into practice during the week.

Woodend Vs Sunbury:

Get your spot on the fence for a massive game of footy! Battle of the midfields! In short, sunbury have the capasity to knock off the hawks and have done so already, but, finals footy is a step up the kangas cannot take successfully in 2007. woodend by 17 points

Romsey Vs Diggers Rest

Here come the burra! have the list to shake up the finals series! it all depends what diggers side takes the field. Get ready for a big statement saturday.
Diggers by 39 points

Om Man out.

Gotta love late august/early september! the weather is showing a glimpse of wats to come and the smell of finals footy is well and truly in the air. Riddell are snug atm, can sit back and analyse the weekends matches concentrating on strengths, weaknesses and put theoretical ideas into practice during the week.

Woodend Vs Sunbury:

Get your spot on the fence for a massive game of footy! Battle of the midfields! In short, sunbury have the capasity to knock off the hawks and have done so already, but, finals footy is a step up the kangas cannot take successfully in 2007. woodend by 17 points

Romsey Vs Diggers Rest

Here come the burra! have the list to shake up the finals series! it all depends what diggers side takes the field. Get ready for a big statement saturday.
Diggers by 39 points

Om Man out.

Don't rate the Redbacks OM?

Woodend Vs Sunbury:

Romsey Vs Diggers Rest

Diggers by 39 points

Om Man out.

thank goodness we wont here from u again after this weekend om.
get on the redbacks folks,they are certainties:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the tool of the night awards always go to the "Just turned 18" brigade. Last year was hilarious.. Just look for the suits with the white runners to identify.

My advice, go hard from the first bounce. Plenty of time for regrets later. You paid $66, may as well get the most out of it, as quickly as you can.. Unless you are a sore loser, then do everyone a favour and stay sober... Nobody likes it when you cant pay your proper respects to award winners.. Some were a little incapable of doing so last year.

thank goodness we wont here from u again after this weekend om.
get on the redbacks folks,they are certainties:D

Not a bad side mongrel, afterall they did make finals:thumbsu:

But diggers have had a great run upto finals and have molded into a genuine threat for the top 3. romsey on the other hand need to learn how to win again after an ordinary seasons end and momentum will see diggers through.

Sunbury may just prove me wrong...but i dont think so.

Don't rate the Redbacks OM?

hey Harry how is Morg's fairing a very good footballer in the big games , but i dare say he is far from 100% fit. Id be wondering from the likes of IMS AND mongrel who they like to face if they happen to get done by woodend. And thats not to say you guys dont have a very good chance of knocking off woodend

Clearly the tool of the night awards always go to the "Just turned 18" brigade. Last year was hilarious.. Just look for the suits with the white runners to identify.

My advice, go hard from the first bounce. Plenty of time for regrets later. You paid $66, may as well get the most out of it, as quickly as you can.. Unless you are a sore loser, then do everyone a favour and stay sober... Nobody likes it when you cant pay your proper respects to award winners.. Some were a little incapable of doing so last year.

Oh.. I forgot.. Make sure you take the day off afterwards.. you will need it... :D

hey Harry how is Morg's fairing a very good footballer in the big games , but i dare say he is far from 100% fit. Id be wondering from the likes of IMS AND mongrel who they like to face if they happen to get done by woodend. And thats not to say you guys dont have a very good chance of knocking off woodend

Not real fussed to be honest Billy.. If you want to win the big one, you have to beat everyone... Simple...

Both sides have a fair rivalry going with the Kangaroos and both would be fired as we would if it was to occur.. I think the top 5 is just about as even as its ever been.. :thumbsu:

Not a bad side mongrel, afterall they did make finals:thumbsu:

But diggers have had a great run upto finals and have molded into a genuine threat for the top 3. romsey on the other hand need to learn how to win again after an ordinary seasons end and momentum will see diggers through.

Sunbury may just prove me wrong...but i dont think so.

time will tell om.i do agree that winning form is good form and diggers have had a great finish to the home and away season.but im a bit like u,it hurts to praise diggers,as it probably hurts u to praise the kangas.thats the beauty of finals tho,everyone comes out of the shadows and gets behind the team they follow.bring on finals

- Get 4 bourbolas per trip,
- hope someone from your team wins and they are not there,
- accept the medal on their behalf,
- wear it around your neck for the rest of the night and let everyone congratulate you on your award!:D

Ladies, Gentleman and Umpires.

Mike has returned after a long sojourn to do his end of season review and possibly, if he gets a chance a match review or two by the end of today. Due to the possibility of a 25 degree day though, Mike may be unable to complete the task in its entirety.

Riddell - Top of the ladder, one loss for the year, possible Bowen Medallist. Riddell have done it all this year. A superb season for the Darrin Rowsell led side, most impressively, it is the youngsters that have stepped up a notch to cover the faithfully departed of Riddell. Losing Lee James, Michael Gadsden, Cory Towers, Peter Robertson etc at the beginning of the year was always going to be a challenge for Scooter to see if he was able to step up to the plate and deliver. Deliver he did, recruiting Michael Allen (Not the brother of Jason thankyou Mr Diamond), Michael's real brother Nathan Allen and Leigh Coles delivered goal kicking and midfield options to the lads under the arched bridge. Add to that youngsters James Petran, Ryan Leitch, Murray McDougall, James Climas and Matthew Shaughnessey and the Bombers picked up 5 ready made senior footballers, a dream every side would love to come true. Not since the fab 4 at the Kangaroos came through the Under 18's to change the face of a club has a group of young individuals had such an impact on the senior side. Riddell has proven themselves a class above the opposition this year and positioned perfectly for "Threepeat". Leading the charge from the middle is Justin Bellville, the "Dreadlocked One" has had the ball on a string so far this year, dominating around the ground at stoppages and using his superb skills to deliver to the dangerous forward line. He has so far been unstoppable and has to be one of the favorites for the Bowen Medal. Jason Allen has again been the best captain in the competition. He is clearly the best CHB in our game at the moment (not dominating stoppages and roving packs thankyou Mr Diamond) and inspire's his side to greater heights every week. He is the key to Riddell's shot at a "Threepeat". Overall, Riddell has the best balanced side in the comp, the most talented side in the comp and at this point are clear favorite to take away number 3 in a row.

Key Players - Michael Allen, Dean Besanko, Heath Wadden, Jason Allen, Justin Bellville, Aaron Blade, James Climas.

Overall season rating - 9.5 (Can improve by not dropping a game)

Next up - Woodend/Hesket

Who are these four you are refering to Mike?

- Get 4 bourbolas per trip,
- hope someone from your team wins and they are not there,
- accept the medal on their behalf,
- wear it around your neck for the rest of the night and let everyone congratulate you on your award!:D

you really are a dweeb....yes it was quite amusing

any chance of posting those appointments or is it a case of what and see til sat and or sunday

i only know my appointment mate, so you blokes will have to wait til sat/ sun, i'm going to be at a footy oval umpiring a final thats about as much as i can disclose:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back