RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Yeah very disappointing to hear about this. I'm not from the area but have heard all about Gisborne (never seen them play) and would have loved to have seen Riddell match up against them.

I only just heard this today, have the league changed its logo again?? (one displayed on the website) Haven't been able to do much 'research' but the league is asking clubs to put the 'new logo' onto their jumpers and shorts. I honestly hope that they haven't changed it again! Can someone clear this up???

Yeah very disappointing to hear about this. I'm not from the area but have heard all about Gisborne (never seen them play) and would have loved to have seen Riddell match up against them.

I only just heard this today, have the league changed its logo again?? (one displayed on the website) Haven't been able to do much 'research' but the league is asking clubs to put the 'new logo' onto their jumpers and shorts. I honestly hope that they haven't changed it again! Can someone clear this up???

No... The RDFL has just asked clubs to make sure that they have the logo introduced I think last year onto club gear this year, the 12 month grace period is over...

No... The RDFL has just asked clubs to make sure that they have the logo introduced I think last year onto club gear this year, the 12 month grace period is over...

Thanks for clearing this up IMS, thats what i thought it was.

CAN ANYONE tell me how diggers are going ? or going to go this year ?

Lost Steve Ruane which will hurt a little.. From what I hear they have picked up a couple of handy guys, but Billylid could tell you more about them.. I believe that Campbell Walshe and Dan Reilly may not play also.. But I think Diggers will be looking for improvement from thier younger guys as well as injecting a couple of younger guys from the 18's into the lineup, guys like Stu Clarke, Hannon and the Gleeson brothers... :thumbsu:

I agree that Riddell would be 8-10 goals off Gissy but i'd be very confident of the RDFL's best team (interleague) beating Gissy. The Bendigo FL is a fair bit off some of the best teams in country football, ie. the O & M, GVFL, GFL.
Would have been good to see some of match ups. McKenzie v James would have been a pearler, the old jack-in-a-box v the new one.

If Scooter had thought they would get within 8-10 they would have been at Gisborne on Sunday.

Lost Steve Ruane which will hurt a little.. From what I hear they have picked up a couple of handy guys, but Billylid could tell you more about them.. I believe that Campbell Walshe and Dan Reilly may not play also.. But I think Diggers will be looking for improvement from thier younger guys as well as injecting a couple of younger guys from the 18's into the lineup, guys like Stu Clarke, Hannon and the Gleeson brothers... :thumbsu:

They are keeping things very quiet down at diggers... One of the coaches has been playing them down so far, said they haven't recruited much but he ain't showing his cards. I'm expecting their younger blokes to really lift this team. The Gleeson brothers are ripper players but i think one hasn't done much work because of a mishap at work last year. Hopefully we'll see him out there!

East Keilor Football Club (EDFL B Grade) are looking for a practice match at East Keilor on Saturday 5th April. Seniors, Reserves and Under 18. Sorry about the late notice but we have had a cancelation. Pm me for details. Cheers.

East Keilor Football Club (EDFL B Grade) are looking for a practice match at East Keilor on Saturday 5th April. Seniors, Reserves and Under 18. Sorry about the late notice but we have had a cancelation. Pm me for details. Cheers.

Kangaroos should put there hand up for this one.!!!
MONGREL VS BONNICHI what a match up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets hope Billylid keeps his mouth shut
No biggie mate.. Once clearances go in for them I will have more information about thier football background than thier mothers :D

hows last year captain going ...... munro ..is he playing this year or fishing ?

yeah at the end of the day riddell have a massive point to prove due to last years grand final loss.judging by the aggressive recruiting they have been doing all opposition clubs should be very very worried.and although its no one elses business what they are spending and it is probably jealousy if anyone complains about it.BUT let the truth be known,if u want to destroy the rdfl out of embarrassment from last year,go ahead.but let me say this. every time riddell hit the ground this year their million dollar team will be targeted.would have been nice to have seen them play gissy too seeing they have spent enuf to play in their league.sour grapes maybe but bring it on mercenaries

From an outsiders view, stop sooking mongrel. The way Sunbury finished the year id be worrying about that more than anything else!!
Go hawks!!

Scooter thought about 30 goals difference.

He must have only a 2's like list to pick from. No disrespect but unless Gissys last 6 picked have improved dramatically from last years GF team they are not a 30 goal better team than Riddell. Those sort of estimations remind me of McGuane claiming his 2's and U/18's would beat Woodends 1's team by 10 goals 3-4 years ago.

Wallan's practice match this sunday is now against whittlesea as tungahmah have pulled put if anyone is interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back