RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

5th april, time not sure was told that numbers and ground condition will make that decision, and to be played at taylors lake ground. hope that helps should be a good game if all players are playing, whould be interesting to see who will line up on big patty wiggins, am told he dominated for the lakers when they played at skilled stadium the other week, big unit that is hard to get around, good mark

should be a good indication for riddel, lakers are looking for a big year, top 4.

Has anyone from Riddell got the details of the pactice match with Taylors Lakes? Date time and venue would be great.

Not sure Kings, but I'd love to get along to that one. I have a few mates that play at the Lakes, and given that a few of the guys playing at Taylors Lakes didn't make the cut at Keilor, their standard is still pretty high.

5th april, time not sure was told that numbers and ground condition will make that decision, and to be played at taylors lake ground. hope that helps should be a good game if all players are playing, whould be interesting to see who will line up on big patty wiggins, am told he dominated for the lakers when they played at skilled stadium the other week, big unit that is hard to get around, good mark

should be a good indication for riddel, lakers are looking for a big year, top 4.

This is a great match up. Wiggins is a nutter on the track. They also have Bucky at CHF so that is a good match up for Allen. TL also have a good full back - McKenzie so if James plays that will also be a good contest.

With Marbo Park now in A grade TL will be a huge chance to win the flag this year. They were the only team to beat Marbo last year and with Wiggins and Crowe back will be strong.

For all those interested,
Romsey take on Donna's mob Thursday night under lights at Romsey starting at 6pm. Will be a good opportunity to see where Romsey are at in 2008.

Any other praccy's scheduled for this week at any stage?

Ice who were your best players on Sunday? What was the bloke's name who wore no. 9?

That was Hayden Langbourne who wore number 9, clearly our best player and will only get better as he gets fitter. Other good players were Tim Fennell, Chris Coleman, Nick Goodwin, Tommy Holgate and Shannon Galea.

For all those interested,
Romsey take on Donna's mob Thursday night under lights at Romsey starting at 6pm. Will be a good opportunity to see where Romsey are at in 2008.

Any other praccy's scheduled for this week at any stage?

$hit I hope you meant my mob (Broadford) otherwise Harry Wilson has double booked :D and I think the game will kick off about 6.15 maybe 6.30pm

Please dont look at the game as an indication for Romsey, as we'll probably be missing close to 10 of our senior side with the game for our blokes aged 18-23, with a couple over that - we just needed a hit out after we lost a game that we were meant to play yesty (Sunday)

That was Hayden Langbourne who wore number 9, clearly our best player and will only get better as he gets fitter. Other good players were Tim Fennell, Chris Coleman, Nick Goodwin, Tommy Holgate and Shannon Galea.

Thought Tim Fennell was heading up to the Central Murray for big $$$ with another Marby bloke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romsey also lost to roxburgh park by around 5-6 goals on saturday in another praccy match over the wkend

Thought Tim Fennell was heading up to the Central Murray for big $$$ with another Marby bloke?

Not sure about that, he has been training with us for a few weeks now and played all our praccy games.

Yeah sorry Iceman27 was told him and jon bell were heading to Cohuna - see 3 clearances lodged to Cohuna (CMFL) all of which have been rejected by Marby, the most recent was lodged a week back.
http://centralmurrayfl.vcfl.com.au/memdb_transfers.asp

Yeah sorry Iceman27 was told him and jon bell were heading to Cohuna - see 3 clearances lodged to Cohuna (CMFL) all of which have been rejected by Marby, the most recent was lodged a week back.
http://centralmurrayfl.vcfl.com.au/memdb_transfers.asp

Jon Bell played for marby on sunday in the 2's

No scores for the kilmore game sorry just spoke quickly to a bloke from kilmore

Jon Bell played for marby on sunday in the 2's

No scores for the kilmore game sorry just spoke quickly to a bloke from kilmore

Watched up till just after half time of the Wallan game then headed over to Ack to check out the end of the Kilmore game..

Wallan looked ok, for the early stage of the season some really good clean skills from some of the midfield, Langbourne in particular was a standout, first hands on ball after most ruck contests.. Very impressive :thumbsu: Also interested to watch Fowler up forward.. Moved pretty well I thought...

Kilmore were beaten by about 70pts.. But had some good things to smile about, Cornish always looked dangerous.. Matty Robbo looked alot more involved than against Oakers and got plenty of it, including a couple of nice grabs.. Most impressive was the young 17 year old Ruckman.. He's a big unit the boy, also found a bit of the ball, with a little work on his skills he will be a very handy bonus running around in the ruck this year for Kilmore... :thumbsu:
Oh.. And so I dont upset him by leaving him out, Van was very good again... Goudge is just a star.

Oh.. And so I dont upset him by leaving him out, Van was very good again... Goudge is just a star.

There's one of Harry's boys, just getting warmed up for the "Halfful Super League"!!

On another note, Romsey were beaten by Roxburgh Park on Saturday. From all reports Roxburgh Park have recruited very well, although were said to be missing the 07 BNF and a few other senior players. After discussing the game with the coaches, it was bought to my attention that Romsey had 7 of last years starting 22 on the ground on Saturday. Those that played were Warren Kairns, Luke Baker, Justin Binney, Ryan Connellan, Danny Harrison, Cameron Dawson and Ben Sullivan. The rest of the side was made up with new recruits in Adrian Baker, Clint Wheatley, Adam Kearney and Warren Carton, a number of up and coming U18's and a few borderline 1's/2's players. So whilst Romsey were dissapointed to be beaten on the day, we're pretty happy with the hit out and have identified a couple of areas that need to be worked on. When any side has this many players that haven't played together there are always going to be a few creases that need to be ironed out.

Top 5 Romsey players on the day, IMO, were Warren Carton, Ben Krywyn, Adam Kearny, Ryan Connellan and Luke Baker.

I also heard, from a pretty useless and unreliable source that, Shane Geddes would be playing for the Kangaroos this year as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back