RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

my bad. should of read the post a little better :thumbsu:

how does everyone think theyre teams will go with only a few weeks until the first bouce of the season?

Bowen Medal: Jamie Cuffe (SK) Daniel Sipthorpe (WH)
Roughie: Arnel Davis (DR)
Goalkicking: Lee James (Riddell)
Biggest Movers: Macedon FC
Biggest Sliders: Kilmore

Ladder
Riddell
Woodend-Hesket
Kilmore
Romsey
Macedon
Sunbury Kangaroos

Diggers Rest
Wallan
Melton Central
Lancefield
Rockbank

Premiers:
Riddell Runner-up: Kilmore

Bowen Medal: Chris Collins Smokies: Lucas D'Antonio, Tom Waters, Hayden Langborne, Cam Dawson.

Goalkicking: Lee James Runner-up: Clint Wheatley

Rising star: Ben Pronk Runner-up: Paul Newton

What to expect:
Macedon exposing oppositions with a fast-running, free-flowing game style on their massive MCG. Riddell to flex its muscles with big wins early in the season. James to kick his first 'bag' in R4 against Melton Central. Round 3 match between Romsey and Wallan to be a clash for top spot early on. Kilmore to be topsy-turvy early, before bringing up a streak of wins late in the season.
Lancefield to be ultra-competitive early days, but injuries to weaken them as season draws out (touch wood for Tigers). Rockbank to be non-competitive. Woodend-Hesket to win most games, but not by big margins. Slip under radar again. Romsey to be good one week, bad the next. Will probably be the side no one is confident against.
Sunbury Kangaroos to still be strong, but an ageing list likely to hurt them later in the season. Can the McInerney's keep doing it in the middle? Probably. Do they need more help? Definitely. Al Collins to kick 40 goals for the Cats this year and become the leading forward in the comp for 2009 along with Petran.
Diggers Rest will be okay, but lack class apart from Sims and Davis. The Burra need Cole Laurie to fire. Melton Central will be a better unit, but not playing early games at home will hurt and will be too far back at the halfway mark to make finals.
As for Wallan, who knows? The Magpies possess some class, but in recent years have had to carry too many players below senior standard. Have picked up a couple of players, had no real losses. Should start the season with a bang.

I'm excited

howd they go last year?
and from your perspective how do you think they'll go this year?

We had under 19's last year in the Northern Football league and we finished last with out winning a game. Hopefully they go better this year but with our juniors still ine NFL and they have under 17's we may struggle for numbers. But the committe says we will field a team.

Ladder
Riddell
Woodend-Hesket
Kilmore
Romsey
Macedon
Sunbury Kangaroos

Diggers Rest
Wallan
Melton Central
Lancefield
Rockbank

Premiers:
Riddell Runner-up: Kilmore

Bowen Medal: Chris Collins Smokies: Lucas D'Antonio, Tom Waters, Hayden Langborne, Cam Dawson.

Goalkicking: Lee James Runner-up: Clint Wheatley

Rising star: Ben Pronk Runner-up: Paul Newton

What to expect:
Macedon exposing oppositions with a fast-running, free-flowing game style on their massive MCG. Riddell to flex its muscles with big wins early in the season. James to kick his first 'bag' in R4 against Melton Central. Round 3 match between Romsey and Wallan to be a clash for top spot early on. Kilmore to be topsy-turvy early, before bringing up a streak of wins late in the season.
Lancefield to be ultra-competitive early days, but injuries to weaken them as season draws out (touch wood for Tigers). Rockbank to be non-competitive. Woodend-Hesket to win most games, but not by big margins. Slip under radar again. Romsey to be good one week, bad the next. Will probably be the side no one is confident against.
Sunbury Kangaroos to still be strong, but an ageing list likely to hurt them later in the season. Can the McInerney's keep doing it in the middle? Probably. Do they need more help? Definitely. Al Collins to kick 40 goals for the Cats this year and become the leading forward in the comp for 2009 along with Petran.
Diggers Rest will be okay, but lack class apart from Sims and Davis. The Burra need Cole Laurie to fire. Melton Central will be a better unit, but not playing early games at home will hurt and will be too far back at the halfway mark to make finals.
As for Wallan, who knows? The Magpies possess some class, but in recent years have had to carry too many players below senior standard. Have picked up a couple of players, had no real losses. Should start the season with a bang.

I'm excited

Diggers will not only make the finals but will finish top 3.

Heard a few rumors to come out of Kilmore last night....

1. Mo Kakour - to definately return to West Coburg
2. Ken Ingrham - to definately return to West Meadows

and.........

3. Dave Cornish - to return to Wallan

My sources tell me the Cornish rumor is all but a done deal and only waits on the formalities.

Perhaps my sources have been led astray or perhaps someone is just trying to stir the pot, I'm not sure. All I can say is that my source has always been reliable in the past. Anyway, it's up for discussion, so if anyone can confirm or deny, please go right ahead.

and.........

My sources tell me the Cornish rumor is all but a done deal and only waits on the formalities.

Perhaps my sources have been led astray or perhaps someone is just trying to stir the pot, I'm not sure. All I can say is that my source has always been reliable in the past. Anyway, it's up for discussion, so if anyone can confirm or deny, please go right ahead.

$hit I hope your proven wrong Harry Im still on Riddell v Kilmore until i hear otherwise

Well Ladies and Gentlefolk, Season 2008 is almost upon us and the exciting times are ahead for the year.

Riddell are again looking to be the dominant side in the competition. Recruiting Lee James, Chris Meacham and Sam Young has obviously put them at the forefront of favoritism. But what effect on the youngsters? Will James Petran, James Climas, Ryan Leitch and Murray McDougall get the same opportunities with the guys that have come in. With James, Meacham, Harrison, M.Allen, Blade etc already in the forward line, where do the others fit? Might just be balancing the lineup that will be Scooter's challenge. I am sure Mark Power will be more than helpful in ensuring that his side for 2008 will be successful. Premiers
Woodend/Hesket have been quiet so far over the pre season. Losing Dale Cuinik to Kyneton will be a loss. I have also learned that the Hawks will lose Daniel Salpietro and Pete Manser overseas to county cricket. The Hardwick brothers are another rumoured departure. Will be interesting to see whether all of these players leave. Darko and Nick Hannett would be contemplating retirement. But the Hawks haven't stopped there. Michael Lacy should be available for up to 10 games and the secretive ex AFL recruit that has trained with the Hawks (Nick Holland) should ensure that the Hawks are not far from everyone's lips. 3rd
Sunbury Kangaroos are again quiet in the pre season. Losing the league best and fairest after one year is not ideal for the Roos, he will take some covering. Not sure on some of the names on the transfers list and what impact they will have come season time, are they Senior players? Who knows. But the Roos kept Bonnici under wraps for quite a while, have they got another diamond? 2nd
Romsey have again recruited well over the preseason but may have also lost a few. Morgan gone to Heathcote, is he due to return soon? Kairns has been linked with Sunshine, he would be a massive loss. Tim Cox, a stalwart of the club has been linked with Port Colts, again, would be a massive loss. The positives are the fact that they have been able to hold on to 3 very talented youngsters. Cam Dawson, Danny Harrison and Ben Sullivan remaining with the Redbacks. Adrian Baker is an interesting recruit, as long as he can hold his temper. 5th
Diggers Rest will be licking thier collective lips with the return of the sensational Arnel Davis. The forwards such as Leigh Rust and Craig Thompson will now receive less attention and be able to become more damaging and potent with the dangerous Davis cruising the 50. Sims, Heritage and Laurie will again be the trio to stop through the midfield while Jose is getting better every year he plays. The key for Diggers is the close games. Last year they just couldn't win them (Except for the WH game), winning those changes attitudes. 6th
Wallan are the new kid on the block with something to prove. I dont care how much they have struggled in the past, they will come back with recruits and be ready to fire from the first bounce. I too have heard that David Cornish will be returning to the Pies, while another big name may also be heading to Wallan, Keep your ear to the ground. While I don't know too much about the existing players, except maybe Daff Fowler, expect Wallan to be right in the mix. 4th
Lancefield improved so much last year and cannot afford to go backward this year. Chris Collins led them well last year and will look to add more excitement to the lineup. The return of Ben Talbot is a massive plus. But the loss once again of Scott Clarke and added to that the loss of Jay Shewan, 2 guys that will be hard to cover for the Tigers. Expect to see development within the ranks as the younger players step up another level. 7th
Macedon will be the most improved side in 2008. Several recruits will ensure that they are competitive and ready to play some much improved and exciting football in 08. Watch for the younger guys to step up again without as much responsibility, especially the likes of James Wright. The resurgence of the Cats may just begin in 08. 8th
Kilmore by all reports where flying early in the pre season, big name recruits, new found enthusiasm. It was all happening. What has gone wrong? Kaakour is staying at WC, Ingram is injured and not playing, if he does it will be back at Westmeadows, Cornish going to Wallan and from all reports I have been given, quite a few others unsettled. Goudge is a star and Hede is getting better, but Kilmore will need plenty from some others if they are to be up there this year. Sapiano is a decent pick up as is the ruckman from Craigiburn. I have tipped them down the ladder, but anything could happen with Kilmore in 08. 9th
Melton Centrals will improve in 08, but thier main problem is, so will everyone else. My sources tell me that Brian Wheelahan is not fully fit and may struggle to play early. Centrals have recruited Rick Scott from Melton South, a proven goal kicker. With some of the players heading into 2nd seasons Centrals will be more balanced, but just not enough yet, hopefully they persist with Mark Greenshields though. Listening to him last year was a pleasure. He is a very good coach. 10th
Rockbank has been the quietest team. Heard nothing, they need everything. Had heard mumbles of the Rams losing Krul. If they do, they will be in severe trouble, they have already lost a talented Stancliffe. Cant say much though, nobody knows what they are doing. 11th

Bowen Medal - Lee James (Riddell) or Kane Bullen (MC)
Goalkicker - Lee James (Riddell)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down in the city for work next week, wondering perhaps if the RDFL has a lighting cup or games scheduled this weekend or next week?

Would not mind getting out to a venue or two just to have a look and make my own assumption on the standard of football?

Are their many over 35's still getting about in the leg or has it been taken over by generation Y's?

i can see woodend up the top again.. theyre 18's side was skilled footballers.
i can see diggers making the top 5 also, those games that were lost last year may just be won games this year.

i cant wait .. :D

and.........

The rumor of Cornish returning to wallan has been circulating around our club in the last week. But i'm sure Kilmore wont let him go easy.

Down in the city for work next week, wondering perhaps if the RDFL has a lighting cup or games scheduled this weekend or next week?

Would not mind getting out to a venue or two just to have a look and make my own assumption on the standard of football?

Are their many over 35's still getting about in the leg or has it been taken over by generation Y's?

The Redbacks are playing Jacana at Romsey on Saturday if you're keen. Just pop down and ask for Harry, I'm sure being an old Romsey boy we can sort you out with a brew or two!!

howd they go last year?
and from your perspective how do you think they'll go this year?

Yeah exactly what iceman said we have struggled the last couple of years though we have got a few talented u17s coming up but depth will be a major issue though

The rumor of Cornish returning to wallan has been circulating around our club in the last week. But i'm sure Kilmore wont let him go easy.

Why should they plenty $hitcanned him when he left ;) In all seriousness though I too was told last night that there's a big big chance this could be happening - either way it makes for a great fortnight's reading in the lead up to round one :thumbsu:

i watched heatchote vs riddell today...pretty close match they were pretty even, heathcote ended up winning by 3 or 4 goals

both clubs were down 5-6 players so it was more of a match where they were trying to scrape the cobwebs away before the season. I think if both clubs were full strength they would be very similair in terms of ability...

*just a tip for other clubs in the riddell league this year, look out for sam young...if he stays fit, he'll win the bowen...if you dont shut him down he'll dominate, looked pretty dominant today

On behalf of Heathcote FC, thanks to Riddell for a good hit-out yesterday. I'm sure we all know how hard it is to organise practice matches/venues etc. this close to the season but we definately got alot out of the game. Riddell will be hard to beat yet again this season in the RDFL, and i would have to 2nd catters078 in saying that Sam Young will be a dominant on-baller in the comp this year if his knees hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back