RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning lads, not sure who got me but geez I was on fire before I went off injured. Spent first qtr on pine and had a handful of kicks and a handful in the first half of the second term before one of the Burras slung me into the turf and drove my shoulder into the hard ground. After six gruelling hours at the Northern I've found out I ripped the tendons holding my shoulder together. Will probably require an op but they wont be able to assess my properly until the swelling goes down. All I know s that drugs dont take the pain away! Thanks for all the kind text messages last nght, much appreciated. Probably karma for doing football an injustice by pulling the boots back on. Some good matches yesterday? Most results went the way I expected. Although Diggers smashing Romsey was a fair upset.

Morning lads, not sure who got me but geez I was on fire before I went off injured. Spent first qtr on pine and had a handful of kicks and a handful in the first half of the second term before one of the Burras slung me into the turf and drove my shoulder into the hard ground. After six gruelling hours at the Northern I've found out I ripped the tendons holding my shoulder together. Will probably require an op but they wont be able to assess my properly until the swelling goes down. All I know s that drugs dont take the pain away! Thanks for all the kind text messages last nght, much appreciated. Probably karma for doing football an injustice by pulling the boots back on. Some good matches yesterday? Most results went the way I expected. Although Diggers smashing Romsey was a fair upset.

matt that is what us footballers call a tackle. not his fault you couldn't handle it. and the ground was in magnificent condition, it was not hard at all. so dont go saying that it was a deliberate action to hurt you. but good on your for having a crack playing anyway.

Diggers to good for Romsey yesterday .Diggers didnt have a bad player and were coached very well .Matt a question for you (does the team sheet need to be given to the umpire before the game can take place as the umpire for the u18s refused to start the game until we gave him the team sheet ,we advised him that we believed we had up until half time to hand it in ,he flatly rejected this and demanded the sheet before he would start the game .We advised him that we were waiting on a couple of late comers before we could hand in the sheet ,still he refused so we gave him the sheet and played the match with 17 players

Diggers to good for Romsey yesterday .Diggers didnt have a bad player and were coached very well .Matt a question for you (does the team sheet need to be given to the umpire before the game can take place as the umpire for the u18s refused to start the game until we gave him the team sheet ,we advised him that we believed we had up until half time to hand it in ,he flatly rejected this and demanded the sheet before he would start the game .We advised him that we were waiting on a couple of late comers before we could hand in the sheet ,still he refused so we gave him the sheet and played the match with 17 players

No mate the rule says that the team sheet must be handed to the umpires before the commencement of a match. I think you can change it up until half time.

Matt didn't you get injured the last time you decided to defect the club who cared and looked after you so you could go and play beside Robbo- do you think there might be a lesson in that.

Refer to RDFL By Laws:
RULE 9. TEAM LISTS/TEAM SHEETS.
(a) Secretaries or team managers of opposing teams must, not later than the commencement of the first quarter, exchange team lists containing the names and registration numbers of the players competing in the match and the number each player is wearing. The original of the list is to be given to the umpires PRIOR to the commencement of the game.

As an umpire I would of requested the team sheets and told the club that if those players turn up, to come in at half time and add the players.

Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

regarding u18s ran onto park with 16 players 14 fit tough decisions been made majority of kids just want to play football one player has asked 4 clearence rest of team happy with stance club has taken regarding 2s kilmore very undisplined 8 send offs to wallans 1 mostly 4 mouth off to umpire

A lot can happen in a week - what happened with Wallans 18s yesterday are the rest still "happy".

Haha you mean when you tried to run around the man on the mark after only pushing back a few metres. Was a good fair tackle. You've almost made it sound malicious. But best wishes on the recovery. Hope it wont affect your typing.

was standing right behind matt and heard it..

thought he was playing for a free kick and had done a heart string when he didnt return, although unfortunate to have done bad damage.
have to agree with burger, ground is in great condition. and was nuthing wrong with the tackle.

good 3 wins for diggers yesterday too.
romsey 1's paid the price for mouthing off.. thinking there was 7 or 8 50 m penalties including 2 100 meters when the game was in the balance
but diggers were the better team for most of the day anyway.

some of the names who left romsey last year seem to be big losses, in the 18's and the ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refer to RDFL By Laws:
RULE 9. TEAM LISTS/TEAM SHEETS.
(a) Secretaries or team managers of opposing teams must, not later than the commencement of the first quarter, exchange team lists containing the names and registration numbers of the players competing in the match and the number each player is wearing. The original of the list is to be given to the umpires PRIOR to the commencement of the game.

As an umpire I would of requested the team sheets and told the club that if those players turn up, to come in at half time and add the players.

thanks for your input this answer is very clear

was standing right behind matt and heard it..

thought he was playing for a free kick and had done a heart string when he didnt return, although unfortunate to have done bad damage.
have to agree with burger, ground is in great condition. and was nuthing wrong with the tackle.

Sorry fellas, didn't mean it to sound like the tackle was malicious. It was definitely just one of those incidental things. I shouldn't have tried to take the man on. Wasn't bagging Romsey's ground either. But there is no sting out of the surface like we've been used to over the years. Its still one of the better surfaces going around though. Can't complain in these tough times.

Matt didn't you get injured the last time you decided to defect the club who cared and looked after you so you could go and play beside Robbo- do you think there might be a lesson in that.

Don't believe everything you hear. I was never cleared to Kilmore and have only ever played at Lancefield before Saturday. That clearance that was lodged last year was a practical joke. I've played two games in as many seasons and finished with season ending injuries.

Anyway, we should be talking about much more important things, ie. who is going to beat Riddell, and how? Or how exciting is this round of matches going to be: Diggers v Kilmore, Wallan v Macedon, Rockbank v Woodend-Hesket, Kangas v Riddell, Lancefield v Centrals.

Don't believe everything you hear. I was never cleared to Kilmore and have only ever played at Lancefield before Saturday. That clearance that was lodged last year was a practical joke. I've played two games in as many seasons and finished with season ending injuries.

Anyway, we should be talking about much more important things, ie. who is going to beat Riddell, and how? Or how exciting is this round of matches going to be: Diggers v Kilmore, Wallan v Macedon, Rockbank v Woodend-Hesket, Kangas v Riddell, Lancefield v Centrals.

Stop the bombers !

Play them on there ground mid july and hope it rains like hell

But what about your shoulder??

Fair to say some bodies just aren't built for football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back