RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no finals schemozzle.. The board made their decision on where and when finals would be hosted. The same as they do every year.. Unfortunately for some and luckily for others.. Its a decision that has been made and passed at board level.. Story finished.

You forgot to add 'In my opinion' - If you think there is no schemozzle you must be on the RDFL payroll. Your not the guy I see walking around in a RDFL jacket? You can't be serious that you think the RDFL have done the best thing here for Football! The only thing I would agree with you is that the Board made the decision - I don't think Scott is that silly!

If I finished third or sixth I'd be going all out to win in week one of the finals, then tank the following week against Riddell, get your players right for a prelim, then hope to catch the Bombers off-guard in the granny!

mate if you finished third or sixth im pretty sure you would be going all out to win in week one its an elimination final

You forgot to add 'In my opinion' - If you think there is no schemozzle you must be on the RDFL payroll. Your not the guy I see walking around in a RDFL jacket? You can't be serious that you think the RDFL have done the best thing here for Football! The only thing I would agree with you is that the Board made the decision - I don't think Scott is that silly!

in my opinion games should be held at grounds we play at week in week out not maccy park

i actually played on both grounds at maccy park yesterday for school footy and i would be preying for rain if i was scheduled there again because at the moment ive only got about 60% of the skin on my legs. The centre square on both centrals and bloods grounds may aswell be paved because there is no chance youd even be able to stick a fork into the ground. its practically rock.
also, regarding the bloods getting canteens at the RDFL final, is this perhaps some sort of apology to the BFL over the comments made in the RDFL record? They kicked up quite a stink about it on the BFL website and the letter that was sent to scott mcartney and the other bloke (allan matthews?) was posted. they didnt seem to happy about the article so maybe this is an agreement the leagues have come to as some sort of requital?

i actually played on both grounds at maccy park yesterday for school footy and i would be preying for rain if i was scheduled there again because at the moment ive only got about 60% of the skin on my legs. The centre square on both centrals and bloods grounds may aswell be paved because there is no chance youd even be able to stick a fork into the ground. its practically rock.
also, regarding the bloods getting canteens at the RDFL final, is this perhaps some sort of apology to the BFL over the comments made in the RDFL record? They kicked up quite a stink about it on the BFL website and the letter that was sent to scott mcartney and the other bloke (allan matthews?) was posted. they didnt seem to happy about the article so maybe this is an agreement the leagues have come to as some sort of requital?

Did ya get a kick GleeBomb?

Hmm I was told today that it was the senior club running the day. Irrelevant if it is the junior or senior club, it should be a senior R.D.F.L club running the day. I would prefer Rockbank or even better Macedon running the day than the Bloods. Considering both Rockbank and Centrals compete with sponsorship dollars against the bigger clubs in Melton and Melton South (which we are disadvantaged) I would have thought that this would in some way help out with our financial situations. The league needs to have a serious look at this and really need to look after the senior clubs in the R.D.F.L and their futures and not line the pockets of clubs outside of it!

Get your B.B.Q. & Booze on the hill George come Finals Day cause Riddell & Woodend will want to support an RDFL club mate - thats for sure ! :thumbsu:

Help me out Matt - final system??? Whats your take. At least in the BFL the highest placed team gets a home final. Does any one one here like this system? Understand revenue raising with the extra finals but how have they come up with this finals system? 100.7fm tonight - I am all over this.

Your kidding I wouldn't be using the BFL as an example for anything, a lot of unhappy clubs looking for a way out is what I hear.

What is Melton Juniors then....last i checked they were in the RDFL too.

I think the BFL is stuffed. I have a friend who is on the committee at one of the clubs and it is a shambles. He reckons BFL cant handle it. Ballarat Clubs hat eold RDFL clubs, there is a real faction amongst league.

The BFL manage a few other leagues too and they are struggling to manage. Then you have petrol costs etc.

Its going to be an interesting 18 months.

I dont think we could have them in our current comp, but mike was on the right path, the BFL clubs are not as good as they think they are!!!
Melton South been looking for an out for last 3 years and to go back to rdfl, fines and league costs etc

Melton South been looking for an out for last 3 years and to go back to rdfl, fines and league costs etc

well hopefully the rdfl jump on all these clubs with itchy feet and entice them back.arrrrhhhhh the old days at clarke oval grand final day,gissy v sunbury, melton v darley,etc etc. faaarking huge.the rdfl if managed correctly could become the most talked about competition anywhere.it already is well on the way.add the power clubs and look out.powerhouse

What is Melton Juniors then....last i checked they were in the RDFL too.

I think the BFL is stuffed. I have a friend who is on the committee at one of the clubs and it is a shambles. He reckons BFL cant handle it. Ballarat Clubs hat eold RDFL clubs, there is a real faction amongst league.

The BFL manage a few other leagues too and they are struggling to manage. Then you have petrol costs etc.

Its going to be an interesting 18 months.

I dont think we could have them in our current comp, but mike was on the right path, the BFL clubs are not as good as they think they are!!!

WRONG ...... RDJFL I believe, BIG difference Pal !
The juniors have there Finals, & good luck to them.
We have ours....... get that ? OURS, not the F****** BFL !
They can Die a slow death for all I care, & if Melton Bloods have any sense they will see the writing on the wall & ditch that League before they suck the clubs last $$$ of Life out it !

Lets not Fool ourselves here the Melton Bloods will be the ones trying to make a Buck on that Final.... & I dont care how they try & camourflage that fact..... by hiding behind their juniors, but they wont be getting ONE cent of my hard earned on that day.

And whats more I am gunna try & eat my way & drink my way through all of the Centrals Boys Food & Booze !

Load up Georgie, your gunna need it ! :thumbsu:

well hopefully the rdfl jump on all these clubs with itchy feet and entice them back.arrrrhhhhh the old days at clarke oval grand final day,gissy v sunbury, melton v darley,etc etc. faaarking huge.the rdfl if managed correctly could become the most talked about competition anywhere.it already is well on the way.add the power clubs and look out.powerhouse

Im from Darley and i can guarantee that we have no intention on heading back to the RDFL at all. Your right about the BFL being a wank- It is and the ex-RDFL sides are constantly robbed at tribunals and the like due to the pricks at the BFL trying to protect what they have had for so long. Admittedly the BFL is run by an ex Darley player but the majority of people up there are Ballarat tools hung up on the days that Plugger was a junior and their league was respected. I love the passion of the RDFL and the days growing up supporting the devils in the RDFL will never again be repeated with the clinical bulldust of a comp that we are involved in now. The old grudges, dust ups, passion and loyalty that clubs had was great but if a supporter swears at a game in the BFL the club gets punished, hell we even had a guy reported for eye gouging a few weeks ago and the player who was supposed to have been gouged said it never happened, the local paper had a photo of the incident which showed a high tackle that was no where near the eyes, the player had never been reported and the other player had no visible marks yet the tribunal said they find him guilty without explanation. Whats better is that they suspended for 1 week- how is eye gouging ever 1 week? its 8 or nothing. The Ballarat side we played had a player tried for kicking, our player missed weeks injured, the kick was deliberate, high and found guilty- same result, 1 week. The league are littered with flea bags but the RDFL doesn't have enough quality sides for us to entertain coming back. We have had players in the past 2 years that were fringe players in our 2's that play solid seniors at Centrals and even one that made the RDFL side of the year. The RDFL has a better feel but it needs to lift on field

Just wanting to know when young Brett Maher From Kilmore will be getting a run in the 1sts? his a really good young football and you couldnt hind a better back flank anywhere. he will be the difference between the Blues under 18s winning the grand final and not. he does just bring great skill to the side also just great man. cant wait to see the kid in action really soon,,,, good luck young boy.

There is no finals schemozzle.. The board made their decision on where and when finals would be hosted. The same as they do every year.. Unfortunately for some and luckily for others.. Its a decision that has been made and passed at board level.. Story finished.

Just towing the party line there again eh pal ?
You did get those Ten pieces of silver didn't you pal when you decided to dipense with your SOUL ? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two leagues what do you think !

Division 1: Division 2:
Sunbury Kilmore
Melton Macedon
Melton Sth Lancefield
Darley Romsey
Gisborne Wallan
Riddell Central
Kyneton Rockbank
Bacchus Marsh Kangas
Greenvale Broadford
Woodend Trentham

Your dead right Omni - IMS should change his name to - APATHY - he used to have b***s, but not anymore! He has turned into a compliant whimp!

100% right.. I should have used IN MY OPINION before.. The reality is, I never said that I agreed with the decisions of where the games are held, I have my own opinions on that and they differ to everyone elses... But the reality is, the RDFL board made the call on the final locations, there is no point coming up with petty arguments about which fence is too close to the goal posts... The venues have been decided, lets move on to the action on field.. If the senior Melton club have any ownership on game day then it is a disgrace.. No doubt, totally agree.. But the information that I have received, and I can only go by the information I received not heresay, is that Centrals couldn't host both games, and as George explained, that is fair enough, so the Bloods juniors are hosting the canteen on the main ground. Whatever people's choices are in buying from which canteen is your own decision. I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with the venues chosen, merely attempting to pass on the facts of the finals games that were given to me.

Just towing the party line there again eh pal ?
You did get those Ten pieces of silver didn't you pal when you decided to dipense with your SOUL ? :eek:

I may have sold my soul but I would still never wear that thing you call a male shirt that you wore to the Centrals Macedon game last week.... :eek:

WRONG ...... RDJFL I believe, BIG difference Pal !
The juniors have there Finals, & good luck to them.
We have ours....... get that ? OURS, not the F****** BFL !
They can Die a slow death for all I care, & if Melton Bloods have any sense they will see the writing on the wall & ditch that League before they suck the clubs last $$$ of Life out it !

Lets not Fool ourselves here the Melton Bloods will be the ones trying to make a Buck on that Final.... & I dont care how they try & camourflage that fact..... by hiding behind their juniors, but they wont be getting ONE cent of my hard earned on that day.

And whats more I am gunna try & eat my way & drink my way through all of the Centrals Boys Food & Booze !

Load up Georgie, your gunna need it ! :thumbsu:

do i sense another mission of smuggling alcohol into the ground coming up omni ???

I may have sold my soul but I would still never wear that thing you call a male shirt that you wore to the Centrals Macedon game last week.... :eek:

let me guess the pink top came out to dance at the centrals game to show off the cannons ??
where you dabbling in male prostitution again in the lovely town of melton???, just remember what the police told you last time they caught you doing that !!

Hey ease up on the apparel pal.......... Guess some of us are just leaders & some of us are mere followers ! Which are you ?

I can really see you soon champ modelling the latest in official RDFL wear............. Say an RDFL Moo Moo or perhaps an RDFL Caftan or Navy Blue & White RDFL adorned Poncho maybe ?

Just make sure you dont forget to wear your Mansiere this time eh.

do i sense another mission of smuggling alcohol into the ground coming up omni ???

let me guess the pink top came out to dance at the centrals game to show off the cannons ??
where you dabbling in male prostitution again in the lovely town of melton???, just remember what the police told you last time they caught you doing that !!

Try grey with canary yellow stripes cardigan.

For gods sake " Get a Room " you two imbeciles, you could both do with the release !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back