RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gee donegal, thanks for the personal attack, good to see you pass grade 3 spelling, with all the capital letters for each word. a few commas might help too, so we can understand what your saying, maybe matty nichols could give a private lesson before he leaves, so you can make sense next time you write on here!

Yet again I have to correct you, this is what I said last time!

'Still playing finals now you have shot your mouth off? They might make it but their destiny is in the hands of others. I would like to see them in, it is just mouths like you that spoil it for them!!'

And I bet they were monitoring every kick in the SK / MC match - I wouldn't be surprised if they sent them a slab! I would suggest most RDFL people are glad to see Macedon in, particularly after finishing in the bottom half since their return, and the effort by the Clubs Committee to improve themselves. My criticism with you is you're an embrassment to them. The last thing they need is a mouth like you making out you're their head of selectors/recruiting and printing such waffle here. Your statement about Travis above is consistent with your rubbish.

I wish the Cats all the best, but don't get too far ahead of yourselves - you have a long way to go! And for you Donegal - try to think before you write something on this site! A little demonstration of intellect would go a long way!

Yet again I have to correct you, this is what I said last time!

'Still playing finals now you have shot your mouth off? They might make it but their destiny is in the hands of others. I would like to see them in, it is just mouths like you that spoil it for them!!'

And I bet they were monitoring every kick in the SK / MC match - I wouldn't be surprised if they sent them a slab! I would suggest most RDFL people are glad to see Macedon in, particularly after finishing in the bottom half since their return, and the effort by the Clubs Committee to improve themselves. My criticism with you is you're an embrassment to them. The last thing they need is a mouth like you making out you're their head of selectors/recruiting and printing such waffle here. Your statement about Travis above is consistent with your rubbish.

I wish the Cats all the best, but don't get too far ahead of yourselves - you have a long way to go! And for you Donegal - try to think before you write something on this site! A little demonstration of intellect would go a long way!

Very well said. Surprised someone from Macedon doesnt put a muzzle on this bloke if they know who he is. Very un-Macedon like to be so cocky & disrespectful. Despite this i hope Macedon perform well this week. Noticed their star recruit was out on Sat though, if he plays if they will knock over an average Diggers team.

good to see a large crowd yesterday at junior final matches congrats to all the winners now it makes me wonder how many of the u/16 kids will make their way into the rdfl system before being poached by other clubs from the outside and makes me wonder why we continue to let these clubs play in our juniors only to see these kids dissapear into the likes of the ballarat/bendigo/ammos leagues has to make you wonder????

hope riddell dont rest to many this week else there could be a bit of a scare on the cards. i tip wallan by 4 points.

Gee great call Greenbac..... Riddell don't rest players as you now know!!! you were only out by 147 pts.

And playing on a the worst ground conditions. To call it a BOG would be 2 kind. The only grass to be seen was being smoked out behind the pine trees.

We all know we don't play each time twice and we know how the ladder ended up on points but here are two slightly different views.

By Percentage
Riddell 447%
Wood 162%
DR 109%
Mac 108%
Lan 87%
Rom 85%
Wall 83%
MC 80
SK 79%
Kil 63%
Rock 48%

This made me think about those that had their percentages impacted by playing Riddell twice. And also Riddell are the benchmark of the comp. Rockbank, Diggers, Romsey and Kilmore only played Riddell once (lucky them). I then thought i would look at the average losing margin to Riddell. For those that played them twice I added the margin and divided by 2. Some interesting results

Macedon 68pts
Rom 76pts
Wood 82pts
Lan 109pts
MC 120 pts
Diggers 120pts
SK 130 pts
Kil 137pts
Wal 142pts
Rock 155pts

Interesting to see how different club's style of play stacks up against the best team - lessons to be learnt!!!!

who plays when and where this week?

if its how i think it is:

riddell vs woodsy
i think woodsy is the only team that can give em a run for the moeny but probably not this week ill go riddell by 48

diggers vs macedon
surprise to the the cats get in to the finals but i think that diggers will be way too good diggers by 40

wallan vs sunbury
havent seen much of wallan but i know a few sunbury boys are pretty clever and expernced so i think they might just get over hte line by about 16 points

should be a good week of games

who plays when and where this week?

if its how i think it is:

riddell vs woodsy
i think woodsy is the only team that can give em a run for the moeny but probably not this week ill go riddell by 48

diggers vs macedon
surprise to the the cats get in to the finals but i think that diggers will be way too good diggers by 40

wallan vs sunbury
havent seen much of wallan but i know a few sunbury boys are pretty clever and expernced so i think they might just get over hte line by about 16 points

should be a good week of games

riddell v woodend at 2.45 macy park #1

diggers v macedon at 12.15 macy park#1 both saturday

wallan v sunbury on sunday at riddell 2.30

Very well said. Surprised someone from Macedon doesnt put a muzzle on this bloke if they know who he is. Very un-Macedon like to be so cocky & disrespectful. Despite this i hope Macedon perform well this week. Noticed their star recruit was out on Sat though, if he plays if they will knock over an average Diggers team.

who you calling average?
id like to see another team finish 3rd after losing players like:
steven hoare ( deebs )
campbell walshe
steve ruane
damien janner
andrew page
chris payne
andrew klooster
dan reilley
dave tyquin
andrew bugeja
& leigh rust + ryan underwood for the second half of the season

a fair effort to go better than last year i reckon.

hope riddell dont rest to many this week else there could be a bit of a scare on the cards. i tip wallan by 4 points.

What are we blaming this week Dave - umpires / your op / the mud pit you call a ground / Lee James / better side or just crappy football by Wallan?

Omni’s 2008 R.D.F.L. Team Form - Top 50.

Rank...Player…….....Club……..Score.

1….…Sam Young………Riddell……....70.4
2….…Aaron Blade…..….Riddell……...61.6
3…….Justin Belleville.…Riddell……....56
4….…Blake Whiteway….Wallan……..44.2
5….…Jeremy Jose………Diggers……..44
6….…Kar Weng Ng…….Woodend…...42.9
7….…Brendon Chugg…...Melton……...42
8….…Peter Robertson...…Riddell……..41.6
9.……Lee James………...Riddell……...41.6
10…..Paul Podbury….….Woodend……36.4
11…..Shaun Sims.………Diggers……..36
12…..Blake Henderson…Wallan………35.7
13…..James Petran……...Riddell.……...35.2
14…..Robbie Martin.……Woodend……35.1
15…..Jay Downing.……..Woodend…....33.8
16…..Chris Collins……....Lancefield…..33.6
17…..Tom Waters….……Lancefield......33.6
18…..Sam Bowen.….…...Woodend…….32.5
19…..Leigh McInerney….Sunbury……...28.8
20…..Jason Allen.……….Riddell.………28.8
21…..James Hardwick…..Woodend……..28.6
22…..Brent Sutherland…..Sunbury.……..27.9
23…..Mick Lacy……..….Woodend……..27.3
24…..Steve James………..Sunbury………27
25…..Bobby Johnson…….Sunbury..……..27
26…..Ben Shippard…........Woodend……..24.7
27…..Bevan Green………..Diggers.….…..24.3
28…..Glenn Robertson……Riddell……….24
29…..Ryan Connellan……..Romsey……...24
30…..Glen Nankervis..……Melton……….23.8
31…..Kane Bullen………....Melton………23.8
32…..Guy Donovan……....Woodend……..23.4
33…..David Patterson….…Woodend…......23.4
34…..David Henderson...…Wallan….…….22.95
35…..Craig Thompson……Diggers……….22.5
36…..Jae Wilton…………..Macedon……...22.5
37…..James Climas…..…...Riddell………...22.4
38…..Tim Mcdonald………Riddell………...22.4
39…..Haydn Langborne……Wallan………..22.1
40…..Jason King…..………Kilmore………..21.5
41…..Warren Else...……….Woodend………20.8
42…..Cole Laurie…...……..Diggers.………..20.7
43…..James Wright….…….Macedon……….20.25
44…..David Pante……..…..Macedon………..20.25
45…..Stuart Davis..………..Sunbury.………..19.8
46…..Caleb Plowman……...Lancefield………19.6
47…..Brian Wheelehan…….Melton……..…..18.9
48…..Joeb Ploog…………...Sunbury..……….18.9
49…..Daniel McCabe….…..Diggers...………..18.9
50…..Bryan Mathews……...Macedon………...18.75

Damien Niki…………Sunbury..……….......…18
Daniel Trotta…..…….Macedon..…….......18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good work there OMNI. Shame about the flaw in the system.

Anyway, I had a big weekend (went to Adelaide on Sunday to see Assumption College play) and saw the first half of a shemozzle at Wallan. That ground is the worst in the league and yet Riddell still managed to kick a squillion goals.

My tips for the finals are:
Riddell to beat Woodsy by 65 points.
Diggers Rest to beat Macedon by 2 points.
Wallan to beat Sunbury Kangaroos by 9 points.

My top five for the Bowen Medal is:
1. Blake Whiteway
2. Sam Young
3. Chris Collins
4. Lee James
5. Brendan Chugg.

Note: PickleBet will not be operating on the night.

Omni’s Ladder at end of Home & Aways...(Revised 5th Edition) !

Riddell……..……72
Woodend….…….60
Diggers...………..44
Sunbury..…......…44
Wallan......……….42
Macedon...………38

Lancefield..…...…36
Melton.....……….36
Romsey...……….28
Kilmore…….……28
Rockbank……….12

Bowen Medal………. Sam Young (Riddell)
Roughie…………….. Sam Bowen (Woodend) or Peter Robertson (Riddell) or Jeremy Jose (Diggers) or Brendan Chugg (Melton) or James Wright (Macedon) or Chris Collins (Lancefield)

Hey Omni, perhaps one of my last questions! - congrats you got it right, we didn't need the 6th edition!!!! The only part I find a bit strange is you said this later in the week.

So when they win, & they will, lets not insult their performance by saying the Kangas postulated & “ Laid Down “ so as they could gain some perceived advantage come Finals time, but that Melton rose to the occasion, withstood the pressure of the situation, played some good hard footy & won by 18 pts.

Did you change your mind half way through the week and didn't give us a 6th edition? ;););)

Hey Omni, perhaps one of my last questions! - congrats you got it right, we didn't need the 6th edition!!!! The only part I find a bit strange is you said this later in the week.

So when they win, & they will, lets not insult their performance by saying the Kangas postulated & “ Laid Down “ so as they could gain some perceived advantage come Finals time, but that Melton rose to the occasion, withstood the pressure of the situation, played some good hard footy & won by 18 pts.

Did you change your mind half way through the week and didn't give us a 6th edition? ;););)

Lets just say I got what I set out to achieve hey pal & leave it at that ! ;)
You really dont need me to spell it out do you ? :cool:

Some good work there OMNI. Shame about the flaw in the system.

Anyway, I had a big weekend (went to Adelaide on Sunday to see Assumption College play) and saw the first half of a shemozzle at Wallan. That ground is the worst in the league and yet Riddell still managed to kick a squillion goals.

My tips for the finals are:
Riddell to beat Woodsy by 65 points.
Diggers Rest to beat Macedon by 2 points.
Wallan to beat Sunbury Kangaroos by 9 points.

My top five for the Bowen Medal is:
1. Blake Whiteway
2. Sam Young
3. Chris Collins
4. Lee James
5. Brendan Chugg.

Note: PickleBet will not be operating on the night.

What flaw ?.......... that you didn't think of it first ! :eek:

Everyone on here knows that I'm a big fan of the league and how they run the show, but I have a criticism of Saturday's finals at MacPherson Park.

As a football lover and a reporter on the RDFL, I was excited about the "double header" when it was first announced, but looking at the schedule, I am now not as excited about this weekend.

For me, there are five games that I am desperate to watch.

Firstly, the Riddell v Woodend-Hesket senior qualifying match. Hands down, the most intriguing game of the afternoon.

Secondly, the Wallan v Kilmore reserves clash. Saw the Magpies on Saturday against Riddell and they are a good unit. I believe the Blues have qualified some very handy players too. They had two big clashes in the home and away season too. This match will clash with the senior qualifying final.

Thirdly and fourthly, both Under 18s matches. They should be crackerjacks!!!!!!!

Fifthly, the big elimination final between Diggers Rest and Macedon. I love both of these clubs and the way they go about business. The Cats are the story of the season. If you look back to where they were three/four years ago and where they are now, it's quite incredible. The Burra continue to play good footy despite losing a heap of players and they have some genuine stars.

And that is not including the netball. And everyone here knows how much I LOVE watching netball!

I know the double header situation is the best result, rather than having three venues over one weekend, but I think the club's should be pushing for the top-five to return next season. Even if Broadford return.
It's the fairest system of them all, rewards the top sides and makes finals games simple and easy to watch and follow.

I had some old ex-Lancefield footballer ring me on Friday night and abuse me for getting my story wrong regarding the RDFL finals series. It took me 15 minutes to calm him down and try and convince him that it wasn't the highest ranked winner from the elimination finals that played the winner of the qualifying final. He couldn't believe it. The top-six finals system is a shambles and needs to be fixed. Bring back the FIVE!

What a great season so far it's been with the competition evening out. Congratulations to Slugga on kicking his 100th(Fair effort) Can anyone even compete in the finals with Riddel? Great team of the year side in last weeks record. Not one weak player and not one weak line? How would this side compare with a Ballarat team? My Bowen medal winner would be Jose or for a roughie Collins from Lancefield

Everyone on here knows that I'm a big fan of the league and how they run the show, but I have a criticism of Saturday's finals at MacPherson Park.

As a football lover and a reporter on the RDFL, I was excited about the "double header" when it was first announced, but looking at the schedule, I am now not as excited about this weekend.

For me, there are five games that I am desperate to watch.

Firstly, the Riddell v Woodend-Hesket senior qualifying match. Hands down, the most intriguing game of the afternoon.

Secondly, the Wallan v Kilmore reserves clash. Saw the Magpies on Saturday against Riddell and they are a good unit. I believe the Blues have qualified some very handy players too. They had two big clashes in the home and away season too. This match will clash with the senior qualifying final.

Thirdly and fourthly, both Under 18s matches. They should be crackerjacks!!!!!!!

Fifthly, the big elimination final between Diggers Rest and Macedon. I love both of these clubs and the way they go about business. The Cats are the story of the season. If you look back to where they were three/four years ago and where they are now, it's quite incredible. The Burra continue to play good footy despite losing a heap of players and they have some genuine stars.

And that is not including the netball. And everyone here knows how much I LOVE watching netball!

I know the double header situation is the best result, rather than having three venues over one weekend, but I think the club's should be pushing for the top-five to return next season. Even if Broadford return.
It's the fairest system of them all, rewards the top sides and makes finals games simple and easy to watch and follow.

I had some old ex-Lancefield footballer ring me on Friday night and abuse me for getting my story wrong regarding the RDFL finals series. It took me 15 minutes to calm him down and try and convince him that it wasn't the highest ranked winner from the elimination finals that played the winner of the qualifying final. He couldn't believe it. The top-six finals system is a shambles and needs to be fixed. Bring back the FIVE!

I think the RDFL have had good intentions but there are some real lesson to be learnt. This is not a dig at Wallan, but I believe the problems have stemmed from bring in an eleventh side. It has brought in an unbalanced draw and the introduction of the final 6 (I'm not sure if this was a trade off to get the Clubs on side). It has also introduced byes which most teams aren't that happy with. I really don't know what benefit an eleventh teams has brought, happy to be advised otherwise. If we bring in a 12th team it would take out the bye but would we have 22 home and away games, or still an unbalanced draw? I'm sure the RDFL will have a good long look at this season, and there are a lot of positives, but there are definitely areas that need review.

good to see a large crowd yesterday at junior final matches congrats to all the winners now it makes me wonder how many of the u/16 kids will make their way into the rdfl system before being poached by other clubs from the outside and makes me wonder why we continue to let these clubs play in our juniors only to see these kids dissapear into the likes of the ballarat/bendigo/ammos leagues has to make you wonder????
Yeah it was a great day of footy but was unfortunetly spoilt with a bit of an all in brawl which got pretty ugly after the Sunbury V Melton U 16 game. The Sunbury kid that started it should get a year i reckon

who you calling average?
id like to see another team finish 3rd after losing players like:
steven hoare ( deebs )
campbell walshe
steve ruane
damien janner
andrew page
chris payne
andrew klooster
dan reilley
dave tyquin
andrew bugeja
& leigh rust + ryan underwood for the second half of the season

a fair effort to go better than last year i reckon.

Only because you underachieved last year. I believe Diggers have one of the more talented lists in the league yet they havent fired a shot over last 2 seasons. They always seem to have players out or other excuses. Is Hopkins really the supercoach he is made out to be? Happy to be proven wrong this finals series...

Nicholls.. It's not always about you, maybe the league should have given you a call first to find out what games you wanted to watch and worked the weekend around you.
The only problem with a top six is that it requires 3 games to be played in 2 days in the first week. maybe the system this year is under scrutiny but when more sides join the comp a 6 fits in nicely.who knows the system may be changed next year.
Everybody knows that the double header has it's faults but also its advantages, if you don't give a crap about the reserves it suits you. from 12 o'clock you get to see 2 very good games of finals football.
Ultimately for the league and spectators it would be great for a club to have the required amount of lighting and host a night final then the football junkies could get to watch 9 games of football, and the league would also be able to collect from another gate. At this stage no clubs in this league are in that position so until then, deal with what you've got.
correct me if i'm wrong but don't some other leagues play all finals on Saturdays not mixed around to suit spectators and obviously gate takings. be happy you get 2 days of finals to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back