RDFL Thread 2009 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Gotnoskills

I am way past the playing age for Footy, but have watched it for many years since my "retirement". Due to associations with players and former players, I have had the good fortune to be close to the playing and admin, action in the EDFL (A and B Grades), RDFL, and HDFL. Over the past 12 seasons I have attended many games at all these leagues.
EDFL A Grade is a high standard, but generally the lower teams over the past few years have struggled to provide really high quality Footy. By default A grade seconds would not match it with RDFL and HDFL Seniors. B Grade EDFL are generally not comparable to RDFL Seniors. This will vary from year to year depending on which club pays good money to attract class players in A grade, with the resultant positives for B grade.
RDFL is a good standard and is improving year by year. Sponsorship is becoming more widespread and focussed on GF's and Premierships, which, after all, is what intensifies interest at a club.
2010 promises to be a good year for the RDFL. Ignore the rubbish and rediculous comments posted on this thread surrounding what ex AFL Players may be paid, instead hope your team has one of them on board.
Watched the RDFL and HDFL GF's this year. Have to say the latter had more intensity, demonstrated fitness, and commitment, than the former. They were both good to watch though.
What we are after is the best standard of football available irrespective of who we support or who is paying, or not paying players. You can have the best forward in the league, but you need to provide them with supply, and have a defence that can deny the opposition scoring opportunities. The reverse applies.
When a team starts training is less relevant than the quality and intensity before and during the season.

Way to much common sense and football knowledge to be on this thread

:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

heard that G MOORCROFT was the catalyst behind the ppl vs Romsey hotel pokies war - didnt wanna be paid in $1 coins :D
Good point you bring up there Goblues, who do we depend on to help us pay our players??? especially when our club is situated in a one horse town??? How can teams like Romsey pay players like Garrrryyyy??? ANSWER sponsorship from the local PUB!!! It was reported on the news tonight that the people of Romsey have had a win in the Pub losing it's appeal for Pokies @ VCAT, well i dont think the Romsey football Club would be over the moon, a Pub like Romsey find it hard to make money these days without Pokies and if the Publican decides to close the doors, bulldoze the joint and build units, i dont think the locals & the footy club would class it as a win!! I'm not from Romsey but was an advocate for the recruiting of Garryyyy as i would for any club in the RDFL. a NEW HOTEL WAS GOING TO BE BUILT AND THE FOOTY CLUB WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL LOOKED AFTER and some people in the local shire would have been employed. Yes Pokies can ruin lives but they are everywhere these days and no one is forced to play them! You can walk into the TAB inside the Romsey pub and lose money alot faster than putting into a machine!!! Good luck to the RFC as they are a passionate lot of good people.

Good point you bring up there Goblues, who do we depend on to help us pay our players??? especially when our club is situated in a one horse town??? How can teams like Romsey pay players like Garrrryyyy??? ANSWER sponsorship from the local PUB!!! It was reported on the news tonight that the people of Romsey have had a win in the Pub losing it's appeal for Pokies @ VCAT, well i dont think the Romsey football Club would be over the moon, a Pub like Romsey find it hard to make money these days without Pokies and if the Publican decides to close the doors, bulldoze the joint and build units, i dont think the locals & the footy club would class it as a win!! I'm not from Romsey but was an advocate for the recruiting of Garryyyy as i would for any club in the RDFL. a NEW HOTEL WAS GOING TO BE BUILT AND THE FOOTY CLUB WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL LOOKED AFTER and some people in the local shire would have been employed. Yes Pokies can ruin lives but they are everywhere these days and no one is forced to play them! You can walk into the TAB inside the Romsey pub and lose money alot faster than putting into a machine!!! Good luck to the RFC as they are a passionate lot of good people.

Now lets look at which towns in the area have pokies ????? and what teams are sponsored by whom ??? ( allegedly )

I am way past the playing age for Footy, but have watched it for many years since my "retirement". Due to associations with players and former players, I have had the good fortune to be close to the playing and admin, action in the EDFL (A and B Grades), RDFL, and HDFL. Over the past 12 seasons I have attended many games at all these leagues.
EDFL A Grade is a high standard, but generally the lower teams over the past few years have struggled to provide really high quality Footy. By default A grade seconds would not match it with RDFL and HDFL Seniors. B Grade EDFL are generally not comparable to RDFL Seniors. This will vary from year to year depending on which club pays good money to attract class players in A grade, with the resultant positives for B grade.
RDFL is a good standard and is improving year by year. Sponsorship is becoming more widespread and focussed on GF's and Premierships, which, after all, is what intensifies interest at a club.
2010 promises to be a good year for the RDFL. Ignore the rubbish and rediculous comments posted on this thread surrounding what ex AFL Players may be paid, instead hope your team has one of them on board.
Watched the RDFL and HDFL GF's this year. Have to say the latter had more intensity, demonstrated fitness, and commitment, than the former. They were both good to watch though.
What we are after is the best standard of football available irrespective of who we support or who is paying, or not paying players. You can have the best forward in the league, but you need to provide them with supply, and have a defence that can deny the opposition scoring opportunities. The reverse applies.
When a team starts training is less relevant than the quality and intensity before and during the season.

Now "THAT" is a good post ! :thumbsu:

Now lets look at which towns in the area have pokies ????? and what teams are sponsored by whom ??? ( allegedly )
Hogans Sponsor Wallan, the Romsey pub sponsor Romsey and i would say the Lancefield pub would chip in up there, The Red Lion sponsor Kilmore, the Crazzyburn sporting Pokie club through a heap at the CFC, what about up there Doona?

Why ????
Surely your not taking the moral high ground there pal ?

Who gives a rats where the money is coming from, as long as it helps our clubs get their teams on the park !
Exactly what i was trying to put across OMNI, you just have to ask Mont, how their sponsorship drive is going at the moment, very hard for clubs to drive and convince the sponsor that they are going to gain as most dont, it's a donation, without the support of sponsors we would not be able to survive!

little? hahaha you dont know the half of it walks has been tryin to get my bro down for 4 years mate....the rest followed because of that reason ill let your mum smack me any day

Interesting considering Walks has only played there the last 3 years not 4. Better fill up on petrol for that smack champ. His olds live 4 hours away. :D

Hogans Sponsor Wallan, the Romsey pub sponsor Romsey and i would say the Lancefield pub would chip in up there, The Red Lion sponsor Kilmore, the Crazzyburn sporting Pokie club through a heap at the CFC, what about up there Doona?

Myself and our vice president were involved with the sponsorship portfolio last season and it's sad to say that we got little (if any) support from either pub in Broadford :(

I love it how you boys talk about "A" and "B" grades in football! Grades are for school and soft ****ter basketballers. It is Seniors or Reserves or Div 1 and Div 2. Please dont mention "Grades" again it makes people sick.

The word you are looking for is drivel . :eek:

Not dribble.

It's a well known fact that you currently occupy both descriptions.. You continually dribble your drivel to the masses here that couldn't give a stuff what you have to say..

If you dont like the RDFL, I look forward to reading your un-educated and empty minded posts on the EDFL B Grade thread.. But that likely wont happen, why? Because you cant help but involve yourself in discussion surrounding our league with a terrible standard, because it is more entertaining than anything else you have seen around locally...

I love it how you boys talk about "A" and "B" grades in football! Grades are for school and soft ****ter basketballers. It is Seniors or Reserves or Div 1 and Div 2. Please dont mention "Grades" again it makes people sick.

The EDFL have A and B grade. They do not call it Div 1 and Div 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just lets hope In the future , thAt soMe RDFL clubs cAn stay aFloAT into the FUture with out going into recess or CKangING there clubs name or leaving the comp.

With all this money being SPlAShed around the leauge its bound to happen.

Why ????
Surely your not taking the moral high ground there pal ?

Who gives a rats where the money is coming from, as long as it helps our clubs get their teams on the park !

No moral high ground here (its a personal choice to play them or not). Was making a point of BFL towns and clubs benefiting from sponsorships from pokie establishments not too many of the RDFL clubs get the same chance???

Just lets hope In the future , thAt soMe RDFL clubs cAn stay aFloAT into the FUture with out going into recess or CKangING there clubs name or leaving the comp.

With all this money being SPlAShed around the leauge its bound to happen.

Not sure how changing a name can help keep you afloat, if anything it might be more about changing an image.
As for money being splashed around, it is more about where it is coming from, if a club only raises a budget by the extra funds raised i would assume the finances would still keep clubs alive. It would be a extremely large risk for any club committee to pay more money than they have, in the hope of making more money. If you've got it spend it, if you don't, keep your club alive first.

Explains why Diggers Rest didn't make the GF this year, there sponser burnt down :D

Exactly what i was trying to put across OMNI, you just have to ask Mont, how their sponsorship drive is going at the moment, very hard for clubs to drive and convince the sponsor that they are going to gain as most dont, it's a donation, without the support of sponsors we would not be able to survive!

No moral high ground here (its a personal choice to play them or not). Was making a point of BFL towns and clubs benefiting from sponsorships from pokie establishments not too many of the RDFL clubs get the same chance???

Sponsorship can be Tax deductable Sly .... that is if you have a good accountant ! :cool:

I know the local Wallan watering hole has a TAB, but does it have Pokies as well ? And do you blokes approach em every year to give the Club a sling ?

& Mr Halffull..
Whats to stop Macedon FC from say approaching the Vic Tavern in Gissy for example, for some sponsorship $$$$ Pal ??? I"m sure plenty of the local Cats Faithful frequent the place. They can only say NO !..... Then perhaps remind em that you will pass on their answer to all & sundry around the Township & Club !
Also..
Kilmore could approach their Local Race Course. Diggers, Sunbury Kangaroos & even Riddell could approach any or all the Pokie Venues in Sunbury. Rockbank & Centrals could do the Same in Melton proper. Woodend could go to the Kyneton RSL.

If these Venues or any Local Pub for that matter wont play ball, then let em know that you will pass on that sentiment to your Township & Club. Its not as if those type of Venues aint making plenty of cash..... & it mostly all comes from the surrounding community !

See if that approach guys will make them more amiable ! :thumbsu:

Isnt the EDFL the league where the goal posts are a pile of jumpers, and if the ball goes over the fence the score don't count?:D The only grades I know are my A grade Cricket team and my C grade Basketball team:D

Essendon District Football League - Marbo Park won the A grade premiership and Oak Park won the B grade premiership and will now be promoted at A grade. Glenroy finished last in A grade and will play B grade in 2010. The EDFL is a real league with real goal posts and the scores are as important as any comp.:D

sorry boys my comment was just meant to be a bit of tongue in cheek

firslty - in terms of ex afl players - good on the clubs for trying the get them into the league - its only gonna make the league more appealable in the future, and if a few boys miss out on a ones spot cos of this doesnt this only make us stronger again with competition for spots??

secondly....where the sponsorship comes from should not matter where money is made but how well you sell the product to the proprietor!!

a good place will put money into a good club knowing they will get support in return - having said this the KFNC had the race track as a sponsor only to have a function there where we paid bout $60 for a ticket and still had bar prices on top - with such a young club this was a flop as young apprentices couldnt attend.....and it appeared that trackside was really out to make profit on the nite rather than a long term profit by providing the sort of hospitality that would have us back there on saturdays and sundays for social sessions...instead....we opt for the local which gives good support n gets its share in return!!!

good support comes from a good brand i say....and both parties need to sell theire product not for rght now....but the future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back