RDFL Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a gee-up blues12 ;) Lancefield a few weeks ago was horrible, Woodend last week cold and then today at Romsey was close to the coldest and wettest Ive ever felt at the footy, even in the days of the old CGFL up at Thornton, Alexandra or Yea . . . . . bloody blizzard. When Mr. McCartney and co. visited us about this time last year to paint the positive picture of the RDFL they cheekily forget to mention how chilly it gets thru June/July :D

On the other side of things, I reckon if Romsey can get their best available 22 up & about they're as good a shot as any come September - Green (B.O.G.)must be polling well even tho the Redbacks dont always list him in the best, Connellan fit & firing, and Im rapt to see Luke Carroll injury free and playing good footy after two plagued years up in the Heathcote DFL :thumbsu:

yer i agree with you about Romsey they have picked up a couple of people and when playing well are unstoppable MORCROFT KICKING ANOTHER 7!!!!!!!

yer i agree with you about Romsey they have picked up a couple of people and when playing well are unstoppable MORCROFT KICKING ANOTHER 7!!!!!!!

Just look at their run home...
Macedon (A)
Diggers Rest (H)
Lancefield (A)
Riddell (H)
Woodend (H)
Kangaroos (A)

Every week is going to very exciting and on the back of 3 on the trot... if they can knock over 6 contenders, they'll be every chance on making a big impact in september!

Just look at their run home...
Macedon (A)
Diggers Rest (H)
Lancefield (A)
Riddell (H)
Woodend (H)
Kangaroos (A)

Every week is going to very exciting and on the back of 3 on the trot... if they can knock over 6 contenders, they'll be every chance on making a big impact in september!
Definitely a tough run home for the Redbacks. Every week is a final for them from here on in. It's great to see it all so tight at the top end of the ladder. Anyone want to have a go at the final six , and the order they will finish in ? Are you better of finishing 3 or 6 than 2nd ?

Definitely a tough run home for the Redbacks. Every week is a final for them from here on in. It's great to see it all so tight at the top end of the ladder. Anyone want to have a go at the final six , and the order they will finish in ? Are you better of finishing 3 or 6 than 2nd ?

Last years finals series has changed, no longer will being 6th and winning in week one put you in the Semi to go through to the GF..

It will run like this

Qualifying Final (Game 1)
1 Vs 2

1st Elimination Final (Game 2)
3 Vs 6

2nd Elimination Final (Game 3)
4 Vs 5

1st Semi Final (Game 4)
Loser Game 1 Vs Lowest ranked winner Game 2 and 3.

2nd Semi Final (Game 5)
Winner Game 1 Vs Highest ranked winner Game 2 and 3

Preliminary Final (Game 6)
Loser Game 5 Vs Winner Game 4

Grand Final
Winner Game 4 Vs Winner Game 6

With Finals coming up and the race so close, what are everyone's thoughts?? It really has been an amazing season of football, I cannot wait for this years finals series, no matter who makes it to the end of the year.

Riddell
Lancefield (W) - Hard to see them lose 2 in a row, but will be a cracking game.
Rockbank (W) - Should account for the Rams
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Rivalry will continue to be strong, but just a bit too good for the Hawks.
Romsey (L) - This will be one of the more interesting games of the year.
Wallan (W) - Wallan not good enough.
Kilmore (W) - Ditto

Finish 1st, 16 wins - 2 losses

Lancefield
Riddell (L) - Game could go either way, getting them on the back of a loss could be too tough.
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Might be too strong for the Hawks.
Romsey (L) - Rivalry, Travis Smith Vs Moorcroft, good matchup...
Wallan (W) - Should win comfortably.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Will be an outstanding contest.
Broadford (W) - The other Roos will cause upsets, this wont be one.

Finish 4th, 12 wins - 6 losses.

Macedon
Romsey (L) - Wont have an opponent for Moorcroft.
Wallan (W) - Will beat the Magpies
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Another cracking game
Melton Centrals (W) - They will get a contest, Centrals just short of class.
Kilmore (W) - Should win Comfortably
Diggers Rest (W) - May determine a finals spot.

Finish 3rd, 12 wins - 6 Losses

Woodend/Hesket
Diggers Rest (L) - The Burra are on fire
Lancefield (L) - Tigers too strong at home
Riddell (L) - Will fire up for the rivalry game, but Riddell too good.
Rockbank (W) - Too good for the Rams
Romsey (L) - Moorcroft the man to stop again.
Melton Centrals (W) - Beware Centrals finishing on a high, toss of the coin.

Finish 7th, 10 wins - 8 losses

Romsey
Macedon FC (W) - Cats still a few missing
Diggers Rest (W) - Danger game, the Burra will lift.
Lancefield (W) - Rivalry game, just a bit too good.
Riddell (W) - Big guns to send a message pre finals
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Hawks will find the going tough.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Of course I am picking the Roos.

Finish 2nd, 13 wins - 5 losses

Sunbury Kangaroos
Kilmore (W) - Danger game away, but should win.
Broadford (W) - Tough game against other Roos.
Macedon FC (W) - Will be a fantastic game.
Diggers Rest (W) - Local rivals game, tough game for both sides.
Lancefield (W) - Will be a tough game for both sides.
Romsey (W) - Great game to finish off the season.

Finish 5th, 12 wins - 6 losses (Ok, so I will tip the Roos to win them all, but maybe one or two losses in there, I said MAYBE)

Diggers Rest
Woodend/Hesket (W) - On fire and lift at home
Romsey (L) - Tough game away from home
Wallan (W) - Too good for Wallan.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Rival game, cracking match.
Melton Centrals (W) - Should beat Centrals but danger game
Macedon FC (L) - Tough game to finish with.

Finish 6th, 11 wins - 7 losses.

With Finals coming up and the race so close, what are everyone's thoughts?? It really has been an amazing season of football, I cannot wait for this years finals series, no matter who makes it to the end of the year.

Riddell
Lancefield (W) - Hard to see them lose 2 in a row, but will be a cracking game.
Rockbank (W) - Should account for the Rams
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Rivalry will continue to be strong, but just a bit too good for the Hawks.
Romsey (L) - This will be one of the more interesting games of the year.
Wallan (W) - Wallan not good enough.
Kilmore (W) - Ditto

Finish 1st, 16 wins - 2 losses

Lancefield
Riddell (L) - Game could go either way, getting them on the back of a loss could be too tough.
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Might be too strong for the Hawks.
Romsey (L) - Rivalry, Travis Smith Vs Moorcroft, good matchup...
Wallan (W) - Should win comfortably.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Will be an outstanding contest.
Broadford (W) - The other Roos will cause upsets, this wont be one.

Finish 4th, 12 wins - 6 losses.

Macedon
Romsey (L) - Wont have an opponent for Moorcroft.
Wallan (W) - Will beat the Magpies
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Another cracking game
Melton Centrals (W) - They will get a contest, Centrals just short of class.
Kilmore (W) - Should win Comfortably
Diggers Rest (W) - May determine a finals spot.

Finish 3rd, 12 wins - 6 Losses

Woodend/Hesket
Diggers Rest (L) - The Burra are on fire
Lancefield (L) - Tigers too strong at home
Riddell (L) - Will fire up for the rivalry game, but Riddell too good.
Rockbank (W) - Too good for the Rams
Romsey (L) - Moorcroft the man to stop again.
Melton Centrals (W) - Beware Centrals finishing on a high, toss of the coin.

Finish 7th, 10 wins - 8 losses

Romsey
Macedon FC (W) - Cats still a few missing
Diggers Rest (W) - Danger game, the Burra will lift.
Lancefield (W) - Rivalry game, just a bit too good.
Riddell (W) - Big guns to send a message pre finals
Woodend/Hesket (W) - Hawks will find the going tough.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Of course I am picking the Roos.

Finish 2nd, 13 wins - 5 losses

Sunbury Kangaroos
Kilmore (W) - Danger game away, but should win.
Broadford (W) - Tough game against other Roos.
Macedon FC (W) - Will be a fantastic game.
Diggers Rest (W) - Local rivals game, tough game for both sides.
Lancefield (W) - Will be a tough game for both sides.
Romsey (W) - Great game to finish off the season.

Finish 5th, 12 wins - 6 losses (Ok, so I will tip the Roos to win them all, but maybe one or two losses in there, I said MAYBE)

Diggers Rest
Woodend/Hesket (W) - On fire and lift at home
Romsey (L) - Tough game away from home
Wallan (W) - Too good for Wallan.
Sunbury Kangaroos (L) - Rival game, cracking match.
Melton Centrals (W) - Should beat Centrals but danger game
Macedon FC (L) - Tough game to finish with.

Finish 6th, 11 wins - 7 losses.

I reckon sunbury will lose their last 3 mate and will miss out on the finals.

Riddell, Lancefield, Romsey, Macedon, Diggers, Woodend... thats my final 6.

I reckon sunbury will lose their last 3 mate and will miss out on the finals.

Riddell, Lancefield, Romsey, Macedon, Diggers, Woodend... thats my final 6.

spot on there gull totally agree woodend only have to win one of there tougher games and there last three will be a walk in the park for them

With Finals coming up and the race so close, what are everyone's thoughts
??

Yes indeed mate, should be a cracker this season ! :thumbsu:
Only hope they choose the quality venues to showcase it though !!!!

Unfortunately I was unable to attend any game at the week-end due to a commitment on the slopes. (that is in the mountain, not the other type)

Whilst taking a break from the piste to attempt to get pissed I noticed with amazement that Diggers had once again managed to cause a huge upset by defeating the unbeaten Bombers.
I must say since writing the Burra Boys off early in the season (where's my cheque Fitzy ?) they have taken all before them & now must be a real chance of going one step further than they did last year.
Good job boys. :thumbsu:

I do however have a question for you my perspicacious friend, IMS,Halfull or anyone else for that matter.

As I was viewing the results on the RDFL web site I discovered the reason perhaps why Diggers were able to get the points over Riddell.

For a slab of Jimmy IMS what was that pal ????

Know a thing or too, can you tell me how Luke Walkers season has been, heard through a friend that next year might be heading to Sunbury as Ben Goggins from his Seddon/Yarraville days is up there as a asst.

Know a thing or too, can you tell me how Luke Walkers season has been, heard through a friend that next year might be heading to Sunbury as Ben Goggins from his Seddon/Yarraville days is up there as a asst.

Walks season has been pretty good. Really good form playing in the guts early on then he fractured a rib or 2 in the interleague game. Has played forward since then(hasn't missed a game though) but returned to the midfield against Lancefield on the weekend. Ask their coach if he thinks Walks is playing good footy. Was hilarious watching him go off on Saturday. :D

Have heard the Sunbury rumour myself and know that Taz (Goggins) and Walks are mates from the Sed/Yarra days. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes and can understand why he would wanna but on the other hand, I never believe anything until I see it with your own eyes or hear it from the source myself.

Would Kyneton be a good fit for the RDFL?

If so where would there current day team be on the ladder of the RDFL (The one's) ?

IMO i think they would be around 5-7 position on the ladder .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If so where would there current day team be on the ladder of the RDFL (The one's) ?

This season they have been up and down, but their best 22 would have them sitting in the top 2 of the RDFL in my opinion.

In previous years they would be about 5-7.

It would be a bigger drawcard for more support down at the club as it has to travel up to Bendigo every 2nd week.. they would definitely get more supporters to every game... the list is young and it's really coming along... if the Picione's are on the list, more interest for the league... they'd be winning more games than in the BFL... this season in the RDFL has been more balanced.. fewer beltings and any team is a chance to win on a given day if you compare the likes of Rockbank getting close to Riddell, Lancefield and Macedon while Broadford has been competitive.. maybe 6th?

Listen up fans of the RDFL!!!!

Your local community radio station 100.7 Highlands FM will be broadcasting LIVE from Lancefield this Saturday from 1:30pm as the top 2 sides in the competition face off in the biggest game of 2009 ... Lancefield host Riddells Creek in an epic showdown... can the Bombers bounce back from their loss to the Burra or will the Tigers re-affirm themselves as premiership contenders?

Tune in to the RDFL Sports team with Parko, Lukey, Jay, Dochouse and Yeendy as they bring you all the action that will include constant around in the grounds in the AFL while bringing you the quarter by quarter scores of matches throughout the RDFL.

If you're at the game, tune in for the first half and be in with a chance to win 2 movie passes by participating in BRAIN STRAIN, the half time quiz where a member from each club faces off in a series of questions about their own team...

Catch all the action from 1:30pm this Saturday on 100.7 Highlands FM the voice of sport in the ranges

With the introduction of the new (2030 melbourne growth), Sunbury population will be seen to grow to over 70k.

Diggers Rest population projections will be around the 14k to 16k ( current population around 2250 )

And the Water gradens/Hill side to grow to around 150k-200k and Melton to grow around another 50k.

What impacts will this have on smaller town's in the comp.

Diggers' Rest has 4 junior side's at the moment in 12 years time this could mean 15 sides.

The rdfl has to look to the future ......

7th would be about right they are a rabble

This season they have been up and down, but their best 22 would have them sitting in the top 2 of the RDFL in my opinion.

In previous years they would be about 5-7.

top two not a chance they pulled one out of their asses beating eaglehawk and have since been on the end of some of the biggest hidings immaginable

It would be a bigger drawcard for more support down at the club as it has to travel up to Bendigo every 2nd week.. they would definitely get more supporters to every game... the list is young and it's really coming along... if the Picione's are on the list, more interest for the league... they'd be winning more games than in the BFL... this season in the RDFL has been more balanced.. fewer beltings and any team is a chance to win on a given day if you compare the likes of Rockbank getting close to Riddell, Lancefield and Macedon while Broadford has been competitive.. maybe 6th?

spot on call ctl this has been my point from the start of the year , winning brings in more dollars and bigger crowds who wants to go and watch a 25 goal thumping week in week out.
the rdfl is becoming very close with a lot of talent coming in would be one of the most even seasons for a very long time riddell deserve to be flag favourites but you could toss a coin and it could be any of the current top 5 imo

Just curious to know does anyone know or believe if there will be any senior coaching positions available for next year?

I heard a rumor the other day that diggers will not allow a coach longer than 6 years, if true would this be Hopkins last year regardless of a result. It doesn't sound right to me. I'm sure somebody from diggers could confirm or deny.

I heard a rumor the other day that diggers will not allow a coach longer than 6 years, if true would this be Hopkins last year regardless of a result. It doesn't sound right to me. I'm sure somebody from diggers could confirm or deny.

Not sure if that is completely true. I know that Fitzy has always said he would not coach a club for longer then 5-6 years. If he decided to stay I am sure that the club would give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back