RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't take the credit, of course you can't you idiot although it kind of sounds like you might be. How the hell would you know what the coach was telling him. You really come accross as someone who comes on here and tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about when it looks to me(and plenty of others) that you know stuff all.

I just cannot stand it when people make comments from heresay especially when its a critical as you are at times. Fly down look at a game and then comment. As someone who pretends to be some kind of journo you should know that unless you see it for yourself don't talk about it like its your opinion or gospel. Trying to be a keyboard hero does your reputation no good at all.

You would not have a clue what any player from just about any teams actual role is so making comment on who should be named best and why holds no credibility when it comes from someone who is a million miles away.

Johnno has come back from not 1 but 2 knee injuries over the past 2 years. Of course its going to take him time to get back to his best. You comment about a miraculous recovery is a smarta$$ comment. Fortunately as others have said johnno is a great bloke and has pretty strong character and would not give the slightest Sh1t what a moron like yourself thinks. The suggestion that he has only just realised he is not going as well as he thinks shows you do not know the first thing about him because I reckon johnno would be a tougher judge on himself than you would.

I didnt see him play at woodend but I can only assume that as a premiership captain , best and fairest winner and interleague player he has well and truely proven himself as a senior footballer. Hopefully next time a player returns from not 1 but 2 knee injuries you can cut them a little more slack.

Oh and one last thing. I suspect that any person from any club in this league that is feeding you information so you can come on here and provide information that can potentially upset people within the club would A/ not be a very good clubman. B/Be on the outer or C/ you are just making it up. In otherwords anyone that is feeding information is an idiot.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No it shouldnt be a report.Why do words warrant a report when head high hits and off the ball incidents somehow dont get seen.?Umpires get paid to umpire and should do just that. Award free kicks when they are there, so please dont get on here and crap on about the umpire not having the correct view, You obviously have a high opinion of yourself as an umpire, to come on here and crap on about not making any mistakes for the entire game:thumbsdown:

Maybe we need to video the remaining games just to show how far from the truth your comments are.

Because the law book says it should be a report, just like it says head high tackles should be a free kick.

And I think I have the credentials to be making comments on umpiring, unlike yourself who has probably never given it a go, but seems to make plenty of comments about it. ;)

Can't take the credit, of course you can't you idiot although it kind of sounds like you might be. How the hell would you know what the coach was telling him. You really come accross as someone who comes on here and tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about when it looks to me(and plenty of others) that you know stuff all.

I just cannot stand it when people make comments from heresay especially when its a critical as you are at times. Fly down look at a game and then comment. As someone who pretends to be some kind of journo you should know that unless you see it for yourself don't talk about it like its your opinion or gospel. Trying to be a keyboard hero does your reputation no good at all.

You would not have a clue what any player from just about any teams actual role is so making comment on who should be named best and why holds no credibility when it comes from someone who is a million miles away.

Johnno has come back from not 1 but 2 knee injuries over the past 2 years. Of course its going to take him time to get back to his best. You comment about a miraculous recovery is a smarta$$ comment. Fortunately as others have said johnno is a great bloke and has pretty strong character and would not give the slightest Sh1t what a moron like yourself thinks. The suggestion that he has only just realised he is not going as well as he thinks shows you do not know the first thing about him because I reckon johnno would be a tougher judge on himself than you would.

I didnt see him play at woodend but I can only assume that as a premiership captain , best and fairest winner and interleague player he has well and truely proven himself as a senior footballer. Hopefully next time a player returns from not 1 but 2 knee injuries you can cut them a little more slack.

Oh and one last thing. I suspect that any person from any club in this league that is feeding you information so you can come on here and provide information that can potentially upset people within the club would A/ not be a very good clubman. B/Be on the outer or C/ you are just making it up. In otherwords anyone that is feeding information is an idiot.

Not to mention a top three finish in the league medal and representation in the team of the year. Good post Ants 22. Johnno's form has been terrific, and his performance over the weekend was further proof of that. You may have been better served to simply congratulate Johnno Matt, rather than place a question mark over his best on ground performance. The other aspect of Johnno that may not be as noticeable is his role as Assistant coach and a leader to youngish team-the fact that he's playing great footy is an added bonus.

But Nichols is co leader of the RDFL tipping. Surely that makes him an expert? As for ABC my tip is A or B or maybe C.

yer and we have some fat chic who has never seen a game of afl leading our work tips, go figure. I guess she is the next caroline wilson ha ha

I am (co) leading the RDFL tipping too, so I must know a little about what's happening

Some of your finest work matty! GOLD :)

Thanks Deano. Good to see I've got some people fired up. Not my fault Johnno has struggled for a kick all season until a few days after I give him a pasting.

Message just in from my Woodend source - " Romsey by 9 points & Shannon Green is a w***er" !........... Then another message - "Gaaaaaaary reported" !

I Guess this game must have had a bit in it ! :thumbsu:
Stay tuned I guess ???
Will have the tissues ready for shannon when the Redbacks play the Hawks next. Talk about taking the bait, sheesh:p

Ease up Pickles... everyone is entitled to their opinion which is exactly what this forum is for.. most are in support of Johnno but at the end of the day, odds are that Johnno wouldnt even read the comments on here let alone anyone from the Macedon Football club that would tell him.. Macedon are a fantastic club and he shouldnt be hammered if he's not getting in the bests every week or gets as many kicks as his team mates.. he's doing the best that he can and to play at senior level is a great achievement aswell as having an official leadership role at the club.. :)

As for yesterday at Romsey.. umpires try their best week in, week out without biased.. the reality is, if you don't like how some go about their job and would love to see them hang up the boots.. give Glen Shilling a call, register your interest as an umpire and put the pressure on these guys to earn their spot.. everyone around the club are truly sensational.. umpires make mistakes every week.. they're always learning.. but a good game from an umpires standards is when you walk off the field feeling accomplished that you did the game to the best of your ability.. much like the players.. Gary may not have got a few free kicks that couldve gone his way .. 43 other guys can say the same.. umpires are closer to the action more often than not than the spectators and the view can be very restricted due to players crossing in front of them or a few degrees out of positioning to a contest.. come on over to the Riddell Umpires Association.. it's a great club, awesome people.. just like the 13 other senior clubs and the RDFL governing body =)

Tip of the day,
how do you silence a few dozen unruly lancefield supporters?
Let AJ loose on them for a couple of minutes:thumbsu:

As for yesterday at Romsey.. umpires try their best week in, week out without biased.. the reality is, if you don't like how some go about their job and would love to see them hang up the boots.. give Glen Shilling a call, register your interest as an umpire and put the pressure on these guys to earn their spot.. everyone around the club are truly sensational.. umpires make mistakes every week.. they're always learning.. but a good game from an umpires standards is when you walk off the field feeling accomplished that you did the game to the best of your ability.. much like the players.. Gary may not have got a few free kicks that couldve gone his way .. 43 other guys can say the same.. umpires are closer to the action more often than not than the spectators and the view can be very restricted due to players crossing in front of them or a few degrees out of positioning to a contest.. come on over to the Riddell Umpires Association.. it's a great club, awesome people.. just like the 13 other senior clubs and the RDFL governing body =)

We've got enough umpires to be in a situation where the umps have to earn their spot, but instead Riddell Umpires takes on Ballarat games. If we get more umpires, my bet is they'll just take on even more Ballarat matches.

Not to mention a top three finish in the league medal and representation in the team of the year. Good post Ants 22. Johnno's form has been terrific, and his performance over the weekend was further proof of that. You may have been better served to simply congratulate Johnno Matt, rather than place a question mark over his best on ground performance. The other aspect of Johnno that may not be as noticeable is his role as Assistant coach and a leader to youngish team-the fact that he's playing great footy is an added bonus.

Great to have you back mighty man. Has been a while. Please do not tell me your one of the Woodend ferals stirring up the Romsey players?

Strange that just a few days ago Adam Johnstone's form issues were being blamed on recovery from a knee injury on this forum. His knee must have made a miraculous turnaround as he was named BOG for the Cats today. Can't really take credit, but perhaps Johnno realised maybe he was going quite as good as the Macedon coach was telling him and pulled his finger out. Mind you, without being at the game, it's hard to know if he was really BOG. Has been named in the best a couple of other times this year, reportedly bewildering some when viewing the RDFL website.

Matt please give it arest on the Johnno iisue as its obvious u either dont rate him as a footballer or as a person.I personally rate him highly as both player and person and whilst he may not b a 30 possession 2 goal player as maybe u think everyone in the RDFL should b he certainly leads by example and plays his role.His leadership and general play in the 07 granny are true proof of that .Im not sure u really do have a source at catland but if u do i would think hes a bloke whos a sook n blames other people for his downfalls so once again give it a rest and find another target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows Johnstone is a working class midfielder. When in form he deserves his place in any senior RDFL team. What I said was he is currently out of form. One Macedon player, who I spoke to a fortnight ago when I was in Victoria, said he was struggling to hold his place in the team. The old firm on BF came out of the woodwork to defend him. I then stated he hasn't won too many games off his own boot, barring a final against Riddell a few years ago. The old firm list off his achievements. Never said he couldn't play, just stated he wasn't an A-grader. Just a blue collar onballer. Nothing wrong with that.

Everyone knows Johnstone is a working class midfielder. When in form he deserves his place in any senior RDFL team. What I said was he is currently out of form. One Macedon player, who I spoke to a fortnight ago when I was in Victoria, said he was struggling to hold his place in the team. The old firm on BF came out of the woodwork to defend him. I then stated he hasn't won too many games off his own boot, barring a final against Riddell a few years ago. The old firm list off his achievements. Never said he couldn't play, just stated he wasn't an A-grader. Just a blue collar onballer. Nothing wrong with that.
Cant you just accept that you had a pot at the wrong player, and your effort at creating a bit of a storm came off. Mission accomplished Pickles, what difference does it make if he isnt an A grader anymore?? Just a blue collar onballer you say?, well if there isnt anything wrong with that why bother posting the tripe you did? I'm baffled you would waste your keystrokes to be honest.

Cant you just accept that you had a pot at the wrong player, and your effort at creating a bit of a storm came off. Mission accomplished Pickles, what difference does it make if he isnt an A grader anymore?? Just a blue collar onballer you say?, well if there isnt anything wrong with that why bother posting the tripe you did? I'm baffled you would waste your keystrokes to be honest.

This forum just doesn't work without me stirring the pot :p

slowly comin out of the closet then KA??

You got me Sprech - I thought the wife and 3 kids would keep my secret safe.:rolleyes: You seem very happy - surprising as Woodends season is in the toilet along with its discipline and the fighting ability of your goal umpires.

You got me Sprech - I thought the wife and 3 kids would keep my secret safe.:rolleyes: You seem very happy - surprising as Woodends season is in the toilet along with its discipline and the fighting ability of your goal umpires.
Hows gisborne going again?? Actually Woodends discipline was brilliant yesterday, their third quarter fightback showed that and the 9 point margin reflected how close the second tier teams are this year. And well done digger on a great 200 for the Hawks.

Hows gisborne going again?? Actually Woodends discipline was brilliant yesterday, their third quarter fightback showed that and the 9 point margin reflected how close the second tier teams are this year. And well done digger on a great 200 for the Hawks.

Gis are struggling but Sunba and Lakers are undefeated and flying.

Matt Nicholls some of the things i see you write in this forum is utter dribble!!!! You don't even live in the area so how can you pass judgement on RDFL players around..... i think you need to step back and have a think about what you are going to write before doing so. Also you of all people have no right to bag out a player seeing as i do remember many many years of you not being picked for the Romsey/Lancefield Under 10's 12's 14 grand final teams because you couldn't even kick so hows about laying off the bagging of other players and maybe giving some encouragement might be nicer...

Freo's NO good

Ourfather

Matt Nicholls some of the things i see you write in this forum is utter dribble!!!! You don't even live in the area so how can you pass judgement on RDFL players around..... i think you need to step back and have a think about what you are going to write before doing so. Also you of all people have no right to bag out a player seeing as i do remember many many years of you not being picked for the Romsey/Lancefield Under 10's 12's 14 grand final teams because you couldn't even kick so hows about laying off the bagging of other players and maybe giving some encouragement might be nicer...

Freo's NO good

Ourfather

For starters, the correct term is drivel, not dribble. Look it up clicky

Secondly, I've been posting on this website for years and all along I've said I was no good at playing footy. Just a battler. Still played over 130 odd games through juniors, U18s and reserves though. Lot of splinters but I loved it.

Also, happy to give both encouragement and criticism. I give as good as I get, don't you worry.

Leave Freo out of it. We're finally coming good after 15 and a bit long seasons.

Everyone having a go at umpires for not making reports at the kilmore v riddell game really need to zip it. As last years event of the young umpire who got whacked shows just why the umpires wouldnt want to report a player. With the moorcroft incident everyone just needs to get over it, may have just about ripped his head off but its not like any other player has copped a high one and the umpire has missed it. At the same time though, the umpiring standard is a bit woeful, yes we know you lot dont have the numbers but an improved standard would cause less controversy. Once again though, crowd members of football clubs abuse a decision that doesnt go their way and start making threats or telling the umpire how they feel which probably puts them under pressure to make decisions for the rest of the game. Everyone needs to improve their attitude to footy and especially the rdfl if the league is to improve at all!

Been reading for a while now. So you could say long time listener first time poster! lol. If Moorcroft was upset at the Umpires. Then Meech had every reason to explode at the umpiring on saturday. Hey I've seen him throw a footy at his opponent this year! What's it gonna take for the umps to call it as they see it!! I'm def not an ump basher! I know they do a thankless job. But they could clearly make there own job easier if they check there ego's at the door. Meech kicked 5 and was clearly held on 6 other occasions right in front of goals. Armstrong played on him most of the day and i will say did as best as he could. Hey Kanga's nearly 70 inside fifty's for the game and only 17 goals! WTF? You guy's are clearly better than that.
Pig, Keep goin. Keep building on what you have. You guy's are not far away.

For starters, the correct term is drivel, not dribble. Look it up clicky

Secondly, I've been posting on this website for years and all along I've said I was no good at playing footy. Just a battler. Still played over 130 odd games through juniors, U18s and reserves though. Lot of splinters but I loved it.

Also, happy to give both encouragement and criticism. I give as good as I get, don't you worry.

Leave Freo out of it. We're finally coming good after 15 and a bit long seasons.

Ive got to give you some credit. Seems you do have some wild fasincation with being some kind of a credible journo and you might be on track

*Make outlandish comments with no first hand knowledge and limited sources with little credilibility- tick

*Talk about the game like you are an expert and criticise people because you know it will get a response even though are no good at it yourself- tick

*Never ever, no matter how concrete the evidence is admit you are wrong-tick

*Write crap not because its factual or credible but because it will get people talking- tick

The only thing that I can truely give you any credit for is having the guts to atleast put your name to all the bullS!t you write.

Well done picklehead keep working hard and in then maybe 15-20 yrs down the track you can fullfil you long awaited dreams of sports journo for the Bendigo advertiser. Your on your way son....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back