RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about those 3, but i did hear a rumour last year that Diggers Rest could be lnterested in EDFL. It wouldn't surprise me if they did.
I dont know of any club who would want to go to a division 3 compitition, very hard to attract decent players to play div 3. Very hard to attract a crowd actually.

I dont know of any club who would want to go to a division 3 compitition, very hard to attract decent players to play div 3. Very hard to attract a crowd actually.
I'd imagine they'd gauge it by how strong the club is..if they wanted Sunbury Lions or a comparable side to come across I'd say they'd come straight into A Grade.
I'd heard Diggers Rest had some interest previously in coming across how do they go for u18s?

I'd imagine they'd gauge it by how strong the club is..if they wanted Sunbury Lions or a comparable side to come across I'd say they'd come straight into A Grade.
I'd heard Diggers Rest had some interest previously in coming across how do they go for u18s?
Diggers played off in the GF last year and have recruited well and will be even stronger this year, i dont think Diggers would contemplate going into a 3rd division. someone from Diggers might like to comment?

Diggers played off in the GF last year and have recruited well and will be even stronger this year, i dont think Diggers would contemplate going into a 3rd division. someone from Diggers might like to comment?

But still I cant see any RDFL club coming accross, as EDFL they do not charge entry to games so any club would lose there gate receipts not sure what % of a clubs takings that would be but would imagine it would be substancial for a club like Diggers.

Agree it is unlikely that any of the BFL sides are likely to want to go into 3rd division and would probably want to go straight into A grade and doubt the EDFL would let that happen.

Diggers in a "stronger" comp? ...... like theyre even dominating this comp at the moment?!

Any rdfl side would be financially buried and fold within 10 years if they even tried to take on the edfl at this stage, be realistic.

Sunbury lions would just about be the only side worthy mentioning "move" and "edfl" in the same sentence.

Diggers in a "stronger" comp? ...... like theyre even dominating this comp at the moment?!

Any rdfl side would be financially buried and fold within 10 years if they even tried to take on the edfl at this stage, be realistic.

Sunbury lions would just about be the only side worthy mentioning "move" and "edfl" in the same sentence.

:thumbsu:Animosity i totally agree with you, No club in the rdfl could sustain the amount of money that these clubs play with!! if u look back at wallan joining the nfl div 2 poor crowds and standard of football way to strong for them, Craigieburn thought it would be easier then it was in the edfl but have a whole differant bank balance compared to any rdfl team and are struggling at the moment, so it would be club suicide for any rdfl club to entertain the idea, ;););)

Come down tomorrow and watch the first ever BOAGS Preaseason invitational @ the nice ovals at Bulleen Park, Bulleen Rd (300m off freeway exit), where 2010 Premiers RIDDELL FC will take on 7 other 2010 Premiers from different leagues for the $5000K in cash & prizes.
Gates open 10am and day finishes at 6pm. Jumping castle for
Riddell FC are Very good value on BETSTAR betting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh we lack in height but we make up for it with speed and toughness

lol dont want to point out the obivious but wallan aint tough or have speed, i mean u look at last year and you could only run 3 quaters and the only players who could show a bit of muscle have gone to other clubs so i think with todays game u might be lucky to win 5 games but then again maybe u did not have the full team in soo good luck wallan..

lol dont want to point out the obivious but wallan aint tough or have speed, i mean u look at last year and you could only run 3 quaters and the only players who could show a bit of muscle have gone to other clubs so i think with todays game u might be lucky to win 5 games but then again maybe u did not have the full team in soo good luck wallan..

I think we had bout 5 out and we had 8 under 18s playing for us. You guys can have your own opinion bout us, I'm just happy that footy is back. Bring on 2011.

By the way, anyone know who did win the comp that riddel played in today?

looks a way different side then last season, might be a good thing or could mean a long year for the pies

I think we had bout 5 out and we had 8 under 18s playing for us. You guys can have your own opinion bout us, I'm just happy that footy is back. Bring on 2011.

By the way, anyone know who did win the comp that riddel played in today?

South Barwon won it and probly looked the best overall outfit across the day. Pretty good concept I thought, the idea could really grow from what was a pretty enjoyable day out.

I agree with the Iceman glad to see footy's back :thumbsu:

South Barwon won it and probly looked the best overall outfit across the day. Pretty good concept I thought, the idea could really grow from what was a pretty enjoyable day out.

I agree with the Iceman glad to see footy's back :thumbsu:

Thought the day was a really good one.. In the end it was pretty well organised and everyone that attended got a strong footy fix..

The Riddell vs Old Carey game was a bit scrappy (which was always going to be the case after we walked over from the Marby Park Vs Albion game before hand)...
The Bombers started slowly but worked into the game, distinct lack of height in the Riddell outfit though, the back six is really going to be dependant on the midfield getting on top and pushing back to help out when the are not.. Matt Sammut was the standout for Riddell, opposition sides get ready, he is in for a big year. Ruffell looked good up forward with strong leads and the Bombers, when they did get out in the open gave him plenty of good opportunities. Old Carey fielded pretty much a second string side, they had up to 10 changes for the second game and it showed as they demolished West Preston.
The second game the Bombers were completely out classed, Sth Barwon went through the motions early on and if it wasn't for inaccurate kicking the Bombers could have gone down by as much as 10 goals, but they hung in there and would gain a bit out of both games, a solid hitout for many of their players. They went in without Mick Allen, Matty Baird, Levi Moss and Pete Robertson to name a few, the concern with that is that there is not a lot of height there, or defenders.. At this stage I would say that is where the Bombers might face issues...

South Barwon ran out easy winners over Marby in the final, great day and hope to see it continue into the future... :thumbsu:

Thought the day was a really good one.. In the end it was pretty well organised and everyone that attended got a strong footy fix..

The Riddell vs Old Carey game was a bit scrappy (which was always going to be the case after we walked over from the Marby Park Vs Albion game before hand)...
The Bombers started slowly but worked into the game, distinct lack of height in the Riddell outfit though, the back six is really going to be dependant on the midfield getting on top and pushing back to help out when the are not.. Matt Sammut was the standout for Riddell, opposition sides get ready, he is in for a big year. Ruffell looked good up forward with strong leads and the Bombers, when they did get out in the open gave him plenty of good opportunities. Old Carey fielded pretty much a second string side, they had up to 10 changes for the second game and it showed as they demolished West Preston.
The second game the Bombers were completely out classed, Sth Barwon went through the motions early on and if it wasn't for inaccurate kicking the Bombers could have gone down by as much as 10 goals, but they hung in there and would gain a bit out of both games, a solid hitout for many of their players. They went in without Mick Allen, Matty Baird, Levi Moss and Pete Robertson to name a few, the concern with that is that there is not a lot of height there, or defenders.. At this stage I would say that is where the Bombers might face issues...

South Barwon ran out easy winners over Marby in the final, great day and hope to see it continue into the future... :thumbsu:

After watching the games where would you rate the RDFL compared to the other leauges??

Just looking at the recruits that cougarman and jayco have recruited from there respective clubs:eek::eek: One can only imagine if both pedo and jayco stayed at wallan what team they could of pulled together, it will be a good sight to watch master and apprentice this year take eachother on and who will be the victor, never under estiamate the cougar as he can really develop a young player to a key position player and jayco would be one of the nicest blokes you could meet very easy to communicate with witch really helps on the footy field, good luck cougar and jayco;););)

After watching the games where would you rate the RDFL compared to the other leauges??

Really is still pretty hard to judge... The game styles of the leagues really is quite different, Riddell were indeed missing several players, key players at that, as were thier respective opponents.. But the other competitions certainly had more depth and resources than Riddell, but when the game style became contested and physical, the Bombers more than held their own...

Would have liked to have seen this as a two division style competition... Sth Barwon, Marby, Albion and Old Carey in Div 1 and then Riddell, Clayton, West Preston and Mulgrave in the other division.

dunno bout west preston in div 2 they just signed another ex collingwood player prestigacomo dunno how to spell his name but with rocca goodwin and presta look out, proberly put albion div2

dunno bout west preston in div 2 they just signed another ex collingwood player prestigacomo dunno how to spell his name but with rocca goodwin and presta look out, proberly put albion div2

Thats a good point, but going on yesterday that's the way the day played out... Albion Vs Marby was probably the match of the day...

Just looking at the recruits that cougarman and jayco have recruited from there respective clubs:eek::eek: One can only imagine if both pedo and jayco stayed at wallan what team they could of pulled together, it will be a good sight to watch master and apprentice this year take eachother on and who will be the victor, never under estiamate the cougar as he can really develop a young player to a key position player and jayco would be one of the nicest blokes you could meet very easy to communicate with witch really helps on the footy field, good luck cougar and jayco;););)

I’ve watch Jayco play at Craigieburn before he went to Wallan he didn’t really say much on the field just let is footy do the talking, will be interesting to see how he will go coaching. Lot more pressure now coaching and playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back