RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot of positives for kilmore with young players new to senior footy stepping up, and a plus is they have at least 6 players who r walk in starts , things are starting to look up for the blue boys !!!

#44 was Redder ! did play a good game took some good grabs and made some good spoils too ! played loose in the back half when Kilmore had the wind and then when Kilmore dropped a bloke back loose when Wallan had the wind he was freed up again and def made the most of it ....

I think Robbo. Galea and Irons are gonna prove to be handy pickups for Wallan this yr .... once they have a few more games together the midfield should gel and i think its gonna work really well ...

Yeah they will be great ins, though I don't think Robbo galea and irons bet kilmore mid field on Saturday

I dont think they did either , but they look to be handy

I would suggest if you have a problem with spectators at a game, you should speak with an official of the club involved or an RDFL official. I am sure that the Wallan committee would not be happy with spectators abusing opposition. I can also guarantee that Wallan and the League do not condone this behaviour.

I missed Saturday's game but am a regular attendee at Wallan games and will keep my ears open for anyone stepping over the line.

I can guarantee the Wallan Commitee wouldn't be happy if some of their supporters were abusing opposition players (it happens everywhere but some abuse can be personal or vile). If you do have a problem again It Is Me, find someone inside the rooms and tell them your concerns.
Comeback to Wallan and have a day at the footy. Its people like you that keep footy clubs alive.

Ha ha Fenton off to leach of yet another club! Mongrel must have come to his senses and booted this bloke, struggled for last 10 years years yet football clubs keep paying him good money. Congrats mongrel.
Ahh The Whip.... You wanna hide behind a computer screen and bag a bloke who has won 3 senior flags... Would love for you to meet him face to face and tell him he is a leech... Worse part is your probably a former team mate or supporter who once patted his back and told him how good he is... For the record. Yes Feno is past his best. And why clubs keep offering him (and paying him) The money is beyond me... Personaly I wish he was still at Kangaroos... But they got a more than handy replacement in King James... (mean that nicely Jamesy. lol) As for The Whip you are a stain for posting this... I better not know you...
And may god have mercy on your soul if if feno finds out who you are:eek:!!!!
Cos he will look for you.... He will find you and.. he will Smash you:D

how is kane roach going down at melton centrals???

Wingy has succumbed to injury and has retired from football. A shame such a talented individual would have to retire due to the toll injury has taken on his body. Like Paul Lynch of the mid 90's cats just cant get over back and hamstring problems. Centrals will miss his veteran presence around the club.

Its my show or anyone else out there know if the rdfl scores are still being sent out by text msg on a saturday night after the rounds games this season?

Good luck for this saturday, i see the guy from the Laverton Magpies went back, is that correct?

Thanks slyone, good luck to you and your boys too...good win on the wkend aswell for ya's.
Yeah pretty sure he pulled the pin on us as he got a new job down in the western suburbs where he's from, so its abit unfortunate as he looked like he could play abit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks slyone, good luck to you and your boys too...good win on the wkend aswell for ya's.
Yeah pretty sure he pulled the pin on us as he got a new job down in the western suburbs where he's from, so its abit unfortunate as he looked like he could play abit
The Laverton Magpies dont pay a player i have been told, knocked off last years runner up in round one then in round two won very easily, to say they are a happy club at the minute would be an understatement!

Its my show or anyone else out there know if the rdfl scores are still being sent out by text msg on a saturday night after the rounds games this season?

I believe there will be, but it might be in a couple of weeks time due to some issues within the text company...

How are things going for Kilmore with the clearances for the Gordon brothers?? Hopefully some good news on the horizon for the Blues, I still personally think they might have an issue with getting the clearances through if they have contracts but hopefully they can work something out with APW... :thumbsu:

How are things going for Kilmore with the clearances for the Gordon brothers?? Hopefully some good news on the horizon for the Blues, I still personally think they might have an issue with getting the clearances through if they have contracts but hopefully they can work something out with APW... :thumbsu:

They are going to appeals on Monday night so will miss Saturday’s game, Hayden Lamaro from Mernda was in the vote was under contract and want to go to Violet Town he went to appeals and he won, the guy who helped Lamaro is doing the Gordon case. If people are talking up Wallan being a final 6 side I guess Kilmore wont be too far away just going down by a couple of points, without the Gordon’s who have been great in every practice match and 3 others missing due to inj.

Sunbury v Woodend 100 ponits
Wallan v Kilmore 7 points
Rockbank v Broadford 32 points
Lancefield v Macedon 75 points
Melton Central v Romsey 35 points
Riddell v Diggers Rest 28 points

Round 2

Diggers v Melton Central 45 points
Woodend v Romsey 70 points
Broadford v Lancefield 19 points
Rockbank v Wallan 10 points
Kilmore v Sunbury 40 points
Macedon v Riddell 35 points

Round 2

Diggers v Melton Central 45 points
Woodend v Romsey 70 points
Broadford v Lancefield 19 points
Rockbank v Wallan 10 points
Kilmore v Sunbury 40 points
Macedon v Riddell 35 points

i think those will be popular tips for this round. would love to see A.James kick 15+ this week....would be quite amusing

i think those will be popular tips for this round. would love to see A.James kick 15+ this week....would be quite amusing

The Wallen V Rockbank looks the toughest tip - although Macedon at home to Riddell maybe close. A lot of people tipped 6 out of 6 last week in IMS footy tipping. Except for Pickles with 4:eek:

The Wallen V Rockbank looks the toughest tip - although Macedon at home to Riddell maybe close. A lot of people tipped 6 out of 6 last week in IMS footy tipping. Except for Pickles with 4:eek:

I'm pretty sure I won or finished second last year without seeing a match. Its still very early days ...

After a lopsided Round 1, we head into Round 2 with a couple of games that promise exciting conclusions...

Broadford Vs Lancefield
Last year's wooden spooners Broadford showed last week that they will be an improved presence in 2011 against the Rams. While they were outplayed by the Rams fairly comfortably at the end of the day, the signs point to a side that is going to be a competitive unit this year. Without a win in 2010, the Roos will have marked this weeks game down as a target with a much depleted Tigers outfit from last year. The key for the Roos is the back 6. With Grant Wearne and the returning Michael Gillard leading by example for the youngsters, the Roos will gain much of their drive from these young veterans.
The Tigers were blown away last week by a disciplined Cats outfit, but despite the player losses over the off season they still have some stars in the side for 2011. Dan Rebbecchi, Dale Joesph and Glen Caton all played big roles last year for the Tigers and will be expected to play bigger roles this year, roles they are well and truly capable of. With rumours swirling about the return of John Baker to the line up along with Travis Smith and Jay Shewan, the Tigers with a full line up will be more than competitive in 2011. Interest will surround whether club great Simon Choate returns to the senior side after pulling on the boots in the two's last week. Plenty will be more the comfortable that he could handle it.
Sunday Headline: Roos snap losing streak in thriller.
Result: Broadford by 8 points.

Diggers Rest Vs Melton Centrals
The Burra return home for the first time in season 2011 after what seemed to be a second half capitulation against the Bombers in Round 1. There is no doubt that the entire Burras club would have been disappointed with the loss, especially when they were right in the game at half time. The Burra will be especially keen to bounce back after the result and will look for the likes of Cole Laurie, Dan Poynton and Shane Marchewka to back up this week with big performances. Captain Shaun Sims will be looking to lead his side to their first win of the season. From all reports recruit Cam Saliba was impressive last week, he will cover the gap left by Steve Ruane not playing this season. The Burra are notorious for starting slow, but would be doing everything to avoid dropping this game and going 0-2.
Centrals were impressive last week, they have a hard bodied midfield that worked well together and a big leaping ruck duo. Most impressive last week was young Jono O'Brien who looks to have taken another step in his development under Greenshields. Stuart Davis provided plenty of grunt in the midfield, while Tim O'Brien and Justin Watkins provide some dash, they do need to find some support for Brett Payne up forward though who looked as though he was the only target at times and that may play into the hands of the Burra.
Sunday Headline: Burra's on the board, but not without a fight.
Result: Diggers Rest by 28 points.

Kilmore Vs Sunbury Kangaroos
Despite all of the turmoil surrounding the Kilmore FC the last 8 weeks they were able to put a side on the field last week that went within a breath of defeating Wallan. Great to hear that Shane Jacobs decided to stick it out with the club and performed brilliantly in the narrow loss, while Big Footy favorite Trav Hede was back to his best with a BOG. The Blues have been through some trouble, but the players that have stuck with it will certainly provide everything they have for the club. Although they are still waiting for the clearances of the Gordon brothers to come through, the Blues have plenty of talent in the side, hopefully Linton Kemp will come in this week to assist in the back 6 which does seem to be the weakest point for the Blues, luckily they may have one less headache this week ;)
The Kangas started the season with a bang, they demolished the Hawks with superior skills and too much height and talent. Leigh Fishenden is once again going to be a key for the Roos in 2011 and the Blues might find it tough to combat him. The Roos also have several key forward targets this year capable of setting the game alight, while James booted most of the goals last week, it shouldn't go unnoticed that the Blues will have to contend with Chris Meacham, Dylan Wright, Mitch Strieff and Matty Leonard in the Kangas front half, it is a lot of talent and with a midfield that lists Darragh McGovern, Dermott Smythe, Danny Harrison, Ryan Hatty and of course Dean Helmers, the Roos have the means to provide all that firepower with plenty of opportunity.
Sunday Headline: Kangas too classy for plucky Kilmore.
Result: Sunbury Kangaroos by 55 points.

Rockbank Vs Wallan
This match up could be one of the games of the round. Both sides have recruited well over the off season and both had good first up wins in Round 1. The Rams will be looking to build on Round 1 at home against a dangerous opposition, but they have a hard at it midfield that prides itself on being first to the ball. Nathan Jackal, Travis Johns and Jamie Zerafa form a midfield that will be very hard to stop when they get going and despite the loss of Michael Kennedy, they have a young ruckman in Matty Krul that will give them plenty of first use opportunities. While he was a little quiet last week, big forward Brent Henry is capable of kicking a bag and has had his best preseason yet.
The Magpies will be up and about after their big win over the Blues last week. Recruit Matt Robertson was pivitol in the result, as was the returning Dave Cornish. With plenty of young bodies to run and carry the football along with the experienced stars, the Magpies have legitimate claim to a finals tilt in 2011. But it is games like this week that will count for so much in the long run. The Magpies are notorious poor travellers and they front up this week against a battle hardened unit that will not take a backward step. This game could have it all...
Sunday Headline: Rams a finals contender.
Result: Rockbank by 15 points.

Woodend/Hesket Vs Romsey
Romsey to win.

Match of the Round
Macedon Vs Riddell
Two sides ready to face each other coming off fantastic wins in Round 1. This is clearly the match of the Round as two finals contenders clash to determine just where they sit early in 2011.
The Cats demolished their opponents last week, kicking off the game in style early. They controlled the game from the first bounce and barely relented for the entire 4 quarters. This game will see whether the Cats look to impliment the full ground press on likely finals opponents and whether they are disciplined and fit enough to see it through. The Cats are blessed with young talent, and if you are a local footy fan they are exactly the type of side that you want to go and watch. James Wright, Josh Clough, Pete Markworth, Jae Wilton, Mark Strickland, Matt Dettman and Tim Dettman. Its a list that is all class and ability and all home grown. Throw in recruit Jason Davies, Coach Al Meldrum who is in vintage form as well as Aaron Christianson who is as fit as I can remember seeing him. It's a good sign not only for 2011 but for the future of the Macedon FC.
The Bombers showed they are still to be considered the yardstick with their 2nd half demolition of the Burra. Haydn Ross was the standout as sides continue to underestimate the impact that he can have on the game. With Brian Ruffell slotting nicely into the forward line next to Mick Allen and Peter Robertson cruising around CHF, the Bombers are once again one of the favorites in 2011. Much of the talk around the Bombers though is the lack of height in the Ruck and the back half, the Cats will need to take advantage of this around the ground, with Daniel Sandle and Al Meldrum sharing the ruck duties, Glenn Robertson will have his work cut out trying to contain them. If the press is used by the Cats this week, they will have to be on their game as the Bombers are the one side that have the foot skills to pick it apart and hit up targets.
This match should be a ripper though and well worth the admission price.
Sunday Headline: Bombers pressed, but still the standout.
Result: Riddell by 18 points.

Yeah, I think last week was pretty much straight forward, might get a little tougher in the next couple of weeks.. 3 pretty interesting games this week tipping wise. Broady Vs Lanny, Rockbank Vs Wallan and I think that the Macedon V Riddell game could possibly spring a surprise, not that I tipped it :p

Will be interesting in the Rockbank vs Wallan match to see Zerafa(ex Lavo Magpie) resume hostilities with Irons(ex Coburg Dist) in the midfield !

And my tip is Wallan by 18pts ! Robbo,Galea and Irons will be better off for the hitout last week together and i think they can control the Midfield and give plenty of drive down to Cornish and the young blokes ..

OOOOOOooooh join in the chorus and sing it one and all, join in the chorus coz Broadford's on the ball . . . . .

Not that anyone outside the 60km speed limit at Broadford cares, but after some down times and 20 straight losses the Roos' celebrated their first win since the 2nd last round in 2009 this arvo. The ressie's snapped a similar lengthed streak so she'll be a big night Im tipping.

Saw the first half at Broadford and it was a three point ball game with two really young sides running around with enthusiasm and moving the ball quickly. Plenty of one on one contests, it was a truly entertaining battle . . . . bugger all floods/zones/cluster's, kinda what footy used to be like :thumbsu:

Like our mob, Lancefield will benefit from putting time into the kids as there were plenty of positive signs there today. Baker's return provides a target up forward and if what IMS says about Trav Smith and 1-2 others returning they're gunna give plenty of cheek in 2011.

Shoulda stayed at Broadford to hear that great song, as she was all one way traffic when I got over Greens Pinch and hit Clancy Reserve. Think it was 20.19 to 4.6 in the end, and with no Jamesy out there I reckon whatever Sunbury have outlayed on the big man may pretty much seals the deal as they were mighty impressive without him this arvo.

Romsey had to work all day to beat Woodend Im told, Diggers got over Centrals by about 5 goals, Wallan made it back to back wins down at Rockbank, and I got a text to say the Macedon/Riddell game got called off early when one of the Riddell lads suffered a leg injury. Here's hoping it's not real bad one and the lad in question makes a speedy recovery. Im sure OMNI can bring us up to speed when news comes to hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back