RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Scores -

Romsey - 21. 19. 145. Def' Melton - 9. 4. 58.
Diggers - 7. 8. 50. Def' by Riddell - 19. 10. 124.
Macedon - 20. 19. 139. Def' Lancefield - 2. 3. 15.
Woodend - 7. 11. 53. Def' by Sunbury - 20. 11. 131.

hahahaha are you serious??? firstly where in my comment did i say i think woodend owe anybody anything?? secondly i was stating a fact it wont be against woodend champ!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

I hear a whisper you will be changing your nickname to The Elephant Man after today mate lol!:D:thumbsu:

I can't believe Rockbank have gone from 8th to 6th in two weeks on the back of two consecutive losses.

Riddell just starting to warm up. Would they have taken premiership favourtism off the redbacks today?

Woodend were a much improved side today, and with waters showing faith in his young brigade i beleive in two years they will be very difficult to beat. IT was also great to see Woodend make a smart decision today and shift their home game from woodend to sunbury. It was a decision in the best interest of both clubs,players and everyone involved:thumbsu:

Agree 100% mongrel riddell definitely flag favorites closely followed by the kangaroos

Romsey trying their best to slip under the radar...:D

Not gonna happen when your undefeated.

(I assume they won today?? website not updated..)

Riddell just starting to warm up. Would they have taken premiership favourtism off the redbacks today?

Woodend were a much improved side today, and with waters showing faith in his young brigade i beleive in two years they will be very difficult to beat. IT was also great to see Woodend make a smart decision today and shift their home game from woodend to sunbury. It was a decision in the best interest of both clubs,players and everyone involved:thumbsu:
Good call on the Hawks DH, but make sure u tell ur #11 to keep his elbows down. Good work by Sunbury to accomodate the hawks today, seems theres alot of work to be done at Gilbert Gordon to get things right. One thing I did notice is the lack of grass on boardman, whats going on there?, oh and old semmo(50 mtr penalty) was up to his old tricks again today. Strange man giving away 50's with gay abandon in the 3rd and last qtrs. Seriously a fifty for asking what the free kick was for?......R.E.T.I.R.E:confused:

Went over and watched Romsey beat Centrals today. No 18, Ben Talbot looked very slow in a young quick team. Bullen tried hard all day,but had little back up.Short dumpy bloke (no.25) kicked 10 for Romsey.

Riddell are definatley the power team and favourites of the comp., closely followed by Sunbury and Romsey.

Allen for the goal kicking, and Wright(Sunbury) for the Bowen??

Agree 100% mongrel riddell definitely flag favorites closely followed by the kangaroos

I did say " Beware the SLEEPING GIANT RIDDELL" 7 weeks ago,havent showd thier full deck yet, and still got thr Rams making 5th.. even if its by default haha:thumbsu::) Watched Macedon yesterday looked ok but I was impressed with Lancefields ability to never stop trying. possibly the youngest senior side i have ever seen. Full credit to Phil Conway, and Dale Joseph for keeping the Tiger boys up thoughout what was a hard day at the office.... Speaking of Phil Conway I think he is one of the good ruckmen in the comps he was great when tigers won the flag I think he is very underated at the present time!:thumbsu:

Bigfooty followers, im in the process of attempting my rdfl top 50 players and would appreciate any insight u guys could provide. There is obviously some standout players at the top clubs, but can u guys give me sum other players u feel should make the list??

ill try and give you a hand deano.
1. aaron blade [rid] [2009 bowen medal winner and should win it this year even missing 4 games so far. if chris judd can win the brownlow missing 3 games. i think i can win my 2nd]
2. cuffy [sun] [came 2nd to me in the bowen only seems fair his number 2 in the top 50]
3. micky allan [rid] [i get a lot of the ball, so when i kick it in to the forward line means he gets a lot of shots at goal. and we all know he slots them though from any where]
4.climo [rid] [this blokes a freak, just smash's threw packs]
5. big fish [sun] [best ruckman in the comp]
6. meach [sun] [been kicking alot of goals for many years. got the chance to play with him in the best side to play in the rdfl for a long time. 2008 riddell side for anyone that didnt know that!!! and i would kick to him more than slugga cos meach was a better shot for goal]
7. pete robbo [rid] [cant drink for sh*t. but can play footy. spewing he and cilmo wanted to play with there mates in the 2006 u/18 granny instead with us, we could have won by more if they did and would of been good having 4 u/18's in that premership side instead of just petty and leachy]
8.lefty [dig] [can win a game off his own boot when his on song]
9. yak [rom] [good ruckman and kicks goals]
10. sims [dig] [been good for a lot of years now]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t watched much of Kilmore this season but they look 10 times better with Jayco at full forward he killed it against his old club, great work to Kilmore maybe the tied has turned now and they can push for that finals spot.

From all reports there will be an investigation into the alleged incident on Saturday between Kilmore and Wallan, so if you have something to say or witnessed the incident, best to contact the investigating officer or the league rather than comment on here guys.

Not much in it apparently, you know what the bush telegraph is like, cut it in half then divide by 4 and that's more accurate - all focus out of the Blues camp will surely be on the big local derby this week against Wallan and keeping the battle for 6th spot interesting.

apparently you must of spoken to kilmore ! lol did you ask the sponsor and the local man and wife that tried to help ?????????? guess not
most clubs have a "sponsor person" who approaches sponsors SOBER to get money

Haven’t watched much of Kilmore this season but they look 10 times better with Jayco at full forward he killed it against his old club, great work to Kilmore maybe the tied has turned now and they can push for that finals spot.

I'm at a loss why he doesn't play full forward.. I've only seen him once this year when we covered the game at Woodend and he kicked eight of the most incredible goals in a game in an spell binding performance..

I'm at a loss why he doesn't play full forward.. I've only seen him once this year when we covered the game at Woodend and he kicked eight of the most incredible goals in a game in an spell binding performance..

I am at a loss as to why you would play him at Full Forward, he is one of the best 3 midfielders in the competition.. Maybe resting there, or if he was carrying a bit of an injury, but he is a midfielder, and a damn good one at that!!!

It's like Pav at Freo or Goodes at Sydney - both elite forwards and midfielders. If you play them in the centre there's no one to kick to and when you play them at full-forward there's no one to get the ball to them.

I prefer both Pav and Goodes to play forward, though. You can't beat a classy finisher. If Jayco can kick eight goals with limited supply then he's worth his weight in gold to Kilmore. The onus is on the rest of the Blues' line-up to lift a gear and ensure he gets plenty of opportunities.

apparently you must of spoken to kilmore ! lol did you ask the sponsor and the local man and wife that tried to help ?????????? guess not
most clubs have a "sponsor person" who approaches sponsors SOBER to get money

Sorry thebeak, obvioulsy you're privvy to info I'm not. I didn't actually speak to anyone as you suggest, I sent a text to someone I thought mighta known when the rumours started flying around and his response was "wasnt there mate all parties apparently were a bit pissy not a lot in it" hence why I posted "not much in it apparently."

I agree no point doing business when drinking, no doubt since whatever u are saying happened occured, both parties have sat down and sorted it out. To read your reference to a local "man and wife" is worrying nonetheless :confused:

I am at a loss as to why you would play him at Full Forward, he is one of the best 3 midfielders in the competition.. Maybe resting there, or if he was carrying a bit of an injury, but he is a midfielder, and a damn good one at that!!!

Top 3 midfielders in comp? settle down a bit. Its clear he can play but he is carrying too much weight and not covering enough ground. I can think of 20 midfielders who would be ahead of him this year. I reckon he is better value in forward half too.

ill try and give you a hand deano.
1. aaron blade [rid] [2009 bowen medal winner and should win it this year even missing 4 games so far. if chris judd can win the brownlow missing 3 games. i think i can win my 2nd]
2. cuffy [sun] [came 2nd to me in the bowen only seems fair his number 2 in the top 50]
3. micky allan [rid] [i get a lot of the ball, so when i kick it in to the forward line means he gets a lot of shots at goal. and we all know he slots them though from any where]
4.climo [rid] [this blokes a freak, just smash's threw packs]
5. big fish [sun] [best ruckman in the comp]
6. meach [sun] [been kicking alot of goals for many years. got the chance to play with him in the best side to play in the rdfl for a long time. 2008 riddell side for anyone that didnt know that!!! and i would kick to him more than slugga cos meach was a better shot for goal]
7. pete robbo [rid] [cant drink for sh*t. but can play footy. spewing he and cilmo wanted to play with there mates in the 2006 u/18 granny instead with us, we could have won by more if they did and would of been good having 4 u/18's in that premership side instead of just petty and leachy]
8.lefty [dig] [can win a game off his own boot when his on song]
9. yak [rom] [good ruckman and kicks goals]
10. sims [dig] [been good for a lot of years now]

Gotta give credit to bladey for this post he is a cocky little fella but i guess his results back it up

Ive seen enough games this year to say Romsey are clear favorites followed by roos, riddell a fair way off both still at this stage. i expect macedon to roll bombers this week in big upset.

Top 3 midfielders in comp? settle down a bit. Its clear he can play but he is carrying too much weight and not covering enough ground. I can think of 20 midfielders who would be ahead of him this year. I reckon he is better value in forward half too.

I look forward to your top 20 midfielders list then... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back