RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also good to see a coach from the competition put his hand up and say that he would love for his side to gain the experience from a game like this.. Well done...

And why wouldn't ya? Geez if I was in the situation I woulda contacted Peddo a.s.a.p. and tried anything to get my side involved.

The experience would be amazing in terms of their footy, and what about the thrill if Ben shook every opponents hand, maybe posed for a photo or even briefly addressed the young group for a few minutes afterwards it would be something to treasure for a long time.

Kinda spewing I have no pull at home anymore, I woulda raised the possibility of a second trip to Romsey straight away for consideration :confused:

Nope.. The man has a sore leg.. Unfortunately the Footy Show showed a lack of professionalism and did no research, Ben was never going to play this week and after treatment will be out of hospital after 48 hours.

Did you omit cuz to the epworth dr Kennedy? I don't think the footy show would have run the story half cocked, so much crap on here about cuz and a heap of blokes thinking they know whats going on, fact is nothing has been confirmed no dates set so until then who cares

Did you omit cuz to the epworth dr Kennedy? I don't think the footy show would have run the story half cocked, so much crap on here about cuz and a heap of blokes thinking they know whats going on, fact is nothing has been confirmed no dates set so until then who cares

I'm not sure what "omit" cuz to the epworth has anything to do with this at all but anyways...

Exactly the point I was making workhorse, that the statement WAS made that Ben Cousins wouldn't be playing for Romsey this week due to being admitted to hospital... FACT is that Ben Cousins was never playing this week... The fact that he was admitted into hospital to have treatment on an infection has little relevance to him playing a game for Romsey at this stage... If you are running about looking for a troll, next time take more care....

Feel free to head back to the NFL board at any time.

2nd that people getting ahead of themselves until its in concrete ita a load of bullsh$t:p:p

Round 12

Firmly into the 2nd half of the season already and some telling games ahead, while there is a clear standout for Match of the Round, the remaining games have plenty of interest when it comes to percentage for some of the sides fighting out that last remaining finals position!!!

Kilmore (10th, 3-8) Vs Wallan (6th, 4-7)
Last time: Rd 1 - Wallan 9.10.64 d Kilmore 0.0.0
The Blues host the Magpies in what is their final role of the dice for the final spot in the 6 in 2011. What has been so far a rough year for the Blues, that spot in the finals could turn everything around and quickly. What better way to stamp themselves in the race for that spot than a win over arch rival Wallan. While Kilmore lost their entire score from that match, the end result was less than a kick and the Blues will be desperate for revenge for that game. They will have a different line up this time around with the addition of the Gordon Brothers and should be confident that they can take it right up to the Magpies again, especially at home. Look out for a big game from Shane Jacobs against his old side.
The Magpies are playing for that sixth spot themselves, two weeks ago they had a disappointing loss to Centrals, then last week took it up to the Kangaroos in the first half before falling away terribly (they actually led at half time). The season is on the line once again for Wallan, a loss here and they will fall right off the pace and leave the door open for Rockbank and Woodend as well as putting Kilmore back in the race. They will need big things from former Blues Matt Robertson, Dave Cornish and Justin Collis as well as a big performance once again from Shannon Galea.
Should be a ripping game this one and certainly one to keep an eye on!!
Key Players
Kilmore:
Shane Jacobs, Travis Hede, Brent Gordon
Wallan: Matt Robertson, Shannon Galea, Dave Cornish
Prediction: Kilmore by 2 points.

Woodend/Hesket (8th, 4-7) Vs Sunbury Kangaroos (2nd, 9-2)
Last Time: Rd 1 - Sunbury 21.10.136 def Woodend 3.6.24
The Hawks travel to Sunbury to host the Kangaroos this week in what will be a crunch game. While no-one expects the Hawks to do the impossible and win this game, they cannot front up and have a similar result to the first time around. Last week they were smashed by the Bombers and another result like that one this week will put them firmly on the back foot percentage wise. Hopefully they will be strengthened by the return of Ross Waters who missed last week, with Jake Owen also missing it restricts the Hawks goal kicking options. Only 4 goals last week highlights that fact. I understand where the Hawks are at, but I don't understand the logic of switching this game, if the ground was heavy at Woodend it would have been an advantage to the Hawks, on the Roos ground they are going to find the going very tough.
The Roos are playing some very good football, another strong win last week against the Magpies after being pushed until half time, Chris Meacham is in vintage form after another 8 last week, while it was good to see a string of the younger guys named in the best for the game. This game shouldn't pose too many problems for the Roos, it's almost a "by how much" game, a win here will see them a game clear of Diggers Rest if they lose or 2 games clear of Riddell if they drop that game. Either way they will be very well placed for a top two finish.
Key Players
Woodend/Hesket:
James Hepburn, Brendan Fennell, Ross Waters
Sunbury Kangaroos: Dylan Wright, Chris Meacham, Jamie Cuffe
Prediction: Sunbury Kangaroos by 40 points

Romsey (1st, 11-0) Vs Melton Centrals (9th, 4-7)
Last Time: Rd 1 - Romsey 18.11.119 def Melton Centrals 6.8.44
Prediction:
Romsey

Broadford (11th, 2-9) Vs Rockbank (7th, 4-7)
Last Time: Rd 1 - Rockbank 13.16.94 def Broadford 11.5.71
The Roos performances since their loss to Woodend/Hesket a few weeks ago have been vastly improved, culminating in last weeks narrow loss to the Burra. The week before they also pushed the Cats for 3 quarters proving that they are improving every week, for now they just have to improve their consistency so that they can provide that sort of effort every week. They have proven now that they can compete.
The Rams took it up to Romsey last week making it a clean sweep of pushing the top sides to the limit, but can they take the next step now, so far this year they have dropped a couple of games that they probably should have won, which have left them in this position fighting for a spot in the finals. If they manage to get there, they are going to be a danger side to face, but they first have to conquer Broadford at home, and it won't be an easy task. Broadford would have targeted this game as a possible win so will throw everything that they can at the Rams, right from the first bounce.
Key Players
Broadford:
Grant Wearne, Shaun Duggan, Michael Gillard
Rockbank: Nathan Jackal, Matthew Krul, Leigh Sobotnicki
Prediction: Rockbank by 24 points

Macedon (5th, 8-3) Vs Lancefield (12th, 0-11)
Last Time: Rd 1 - Macedon 23.17.155 def Lancefield 3.6.24
The Cats have had a good few weeks, winning games against the lower rank sides and doing it well, with a few sore bodies they have had the opportunity to rest a few guys up and the players carrying injuries having the chance to get over them. Next week they face Riddell and then finish off the season with Romsey and the Kangaroos. They certainly won't be taking this game lightly though, and are in pretty good form with a 10 goal win against Kilmore last week.
The Tigers played their best game of the season last week and fell agonizingly short of a maiden win against Centrals, falling by just 2 points. The positive for the Tigers is the one I mention every week, they are getting senior football into a good group of youngsters and hopefully can continue to do so, while blooding others as well.
Key Players
Macedon:
Jae Wilton, Jason Davies, Darren Goodwin
Lancefield: Dan Rebbecchi, Phil Conway, Dale Joesph.
Prediction: Macedon by 75 points.

Match of the Round
Diggers Rest (3rd, 9-2) Vs Riddell (4th, 8-3)
Last Time: Riddell 17.12.114 def Diggers Rest 8.4.52
Clearly the match of the round with these two sides effectively playing for third. The Burra had a scare last week against Broadford, being pushed to the limit before finally getting over the line for a 5 point win. The strength of the Burra is that they just want to get the job done, when finals roll around, that is when they will hit the switch and go to another level, they are the kings of it, when everyone writes them off, back they come with a statement. They were without their Captain last week and hopefully he returns for them this week, while a couple of their other injured players (Shane Marchewka and co) hopefully won't be too far away. If the Burra drop this game, they may just finish the season in 4th place, which can only mean one thing, a first week match up with Macedon....:eek:
The Bombers are travelling along very nicely, they have a strong list of players available now (apart from Sammut and Moss which are season long injuries) and have blown away their opposition in the last couple of weeks. Mick Allen has shot to the top of the goal kicking with two big bags and the forward set up seems to be working very nicely for them. They had 41 shots on goal last weekend, which is a big effort against a Hawks team that had been travelling up until that stage quite well. Peter Robertson is staking his claim to a Bowen Medal, while the rest of the midfield is ensuring that the forward set up gets plenty of opportunity. A win here puts them only a game behind the Kangaroos with a meeting with them in Round 16 and a strong percentage in third. A loss will confine them to a likely finish in either 4th or 5th and a final against the Cats.
Key Players
Diggers Rest:
Shaun Sims, Cole Laurie, Brett Caton
Riddell: Peter Robertson, Mick Allen, Haydn Ross.
Prediction: Riddell by 8 points.

its certainly not relevant to you or woodend now pal!!!!!!!
LOL, ur carrying on like woodend owes you something for the privelage to maybe be involved in the game. Get over yourself Grubby 3. I agree with IMS that Lancefeild would be the most beneficial club.

LOL, ur carrying on like woodend owes you something for the privelage to maybe be involved in the game. Get over yourself Grubby 3. I agree with IMS that Lancefeild would be the most beneficial club.

Bigfooty followers, im in the process of attempting my rdfl top 50 players and would appreciate any insight u guys could provide. There is obviously some standout players at the top clubs, but can u guys give me sum other players u feel should make the list??

Bigfooty followers, im in the process of attempting my rdfl top 50 players and would appreciate any insight u guys could provide. There is obviously some standout players at the top clubs, but can u guys give me sum other players u feel should make the list??

What's the criteria Mongrel ?

Most of the top 50 will be from the top four clubs I would have thought.

How about Craig Marshall from Diggers, Kane Bullen from Melton Centrals and Nathan Jackel from Rockbank.

What's the criteria Mongrel ?

Most of the top 50 will be from the top four clubs I would have thought.

How about Craig Marshall from Diggers, Kane Bullen from Melton Centrals and Nathan Jackel from Rockbank.

bomber26 perhaps if people just mention who they think are the elite and a couple of players they feel deserve to make the cut that are flying under the radar 4 whatever reason

bomber26 perhaps if people just mention who they think are the elite and a couple of players they feel deserve to make the cut that are flying under the radar 4 whatever reason

Can I vote for myself?? Wait.. What?? :D

Heard a rumor that a RDFL Senior Coach, Assistant Coach and a Committee Member physically assaulted their clubs major sponsor (who was KO'd, hospitalised etc) in a drunken incident when they couldn't get their way...anyone heard anything about this? Is this just BS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumor that a RDFL Senior Coach, Assistant Coach and a Committee Member physically assaulted their clubs major sponsor (who was KO'd, hospitalised etc) in a drunken incident when they couldn't get their way...anyone heard anything about this? Is this just BS?

i have since apologised:D

come on guys, perhaps give me the best 4 or 5 players from your club so i can finalise the leagues best 50 players.
any thoughts on who is number 1???

come on guys, perhaps give me the best 4 or 5 players from your club so i can finalise the leagues best 50 players.

Sunbury: In no particular order, Smythe, McGovern, Ploog, Fishenden, J. Cuffe.

In no order mate:

Mick Allen
Leigh Erwin
Brenton Sutherland (Bogut)
Shannon Green
Cam Casson

Wallan: shannon galea, matt Robertson, Justin colliss, David Cornish, Chris boxtel, Leigh irons.

Much more to the story...

Sunbury: Dylan Wright, Jamie Cuffe, Darragh McGovern, Jake Powell
Diggers: Shaun Sims, Brett Caton, Jeff Heritage, Stuart Clarke
Riddell: Mick Allen, Pete Robertson, Grant Puxley, Haydn Ross
Macedon: James Wright, Darren Goodwin, Jae Wilton, Ash Fleming
Rockbank: Nathan Jackal, Matt Krul, Tom Mainey, Jamie Zerafa
Wallan: Matt Robertson, Shannon Galea, Dave Cornish, Justin Collis
Woodend: Ross Waters, James Hepburn, Jesse Waters
Kilmore: Shane Jacobs, Brent Gordon, Alex Desmond
Lancefield: Glen Caton, Dan Rebbecchi
Broadford: Grant Wearne, Shaun Duggan, Michael Gillard
Centrals: Kane Bullen, Justin Watkins, Jono O'Brien

Number one is a tough one this year.. Good luck

There ya go.. :D

OK here goes guys and i expect plenty of ridicule. However there was numerous people logged in when i started this discussion, so if u werent prepared to offer your suggestions b4, sit back and appreciate that it is MY OPINION ONLY.

I will anounce my number 1 to 50 over the next 25 days. I will announce two a day starting from number 1.

number 1, Dylan Wright Sunbury Kangaroos
number 2, Brett Caton Diggers Rest

OK here goes guys and i expect plenty of ridicule. However there was numerous people logged in when i started this discussion, so if u werent prepared to offer your suggestions b4, sit back and appreciate that it is MY OPINION ONLY.

I will anounce my number 1 to 50 over the next 25 days. I will announce two a day starting from number 1.

number 1, Dylan Wright Sunbury Kangaroos
number 2, Brett Caton Diggers Rest

Only 2 a day??? You suck... :p

Wallan: shannon galea, matt Robertson, Justin colliss, David Cornish, Chris boxtel, Leigh irons.

Totally agree with this list and good to see Irons get a mention , i think he's had a decent first yr in the RDFL, the young bloke is an old school footballer nothing really fancy but is an absolute goer and most of the times gets the in and under jobs done and is excellent with the quick accurate hands out of tight spots

And Galea and Collis have been standouts all yr .

Dont think Robbo has been as good as he can be but he's still been very handy ..

hahahaha are you serious??? firstly where in my comment did i say i think woodend owe anybody anything?? secondly i was stating a fact it wont be against woodend champ!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back