RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard some good news lastnight that the broadford football club have joined with the Wandong junior football club. Wandong have 11 kids moving up to the bford under 18s next year. This is great for both clubs and hopefully some success comes out of this. Congrads to both sides.

Out of interest how would/does a agreement like this work?
Wandong doesn't have a high school so most of their players would go to school either at Kilmore, Broadford or Wallan (meaning most of there friends do too). Say if 8 of those 11 go to Wallan Secondary you would think that most of them would be more likely to play footy for the Magpies instead of Broadford once they have finished playing under 16's.

Quick to anger there go gazza, as you don't understand whats going on let me bring you up to speed. Romsey playing good football so someone stirs the pot (carldan). Then someone from club responds (norman). I just think norman could reference an example of success that didn't result in a club going into recess. I have no problem with what Romsey is doing, pretty sure they know what they are doing, they have played in 3 grand finals in the last 10 years. I will also let the guys at the kangaroos know your looking after their backs.

Good to hear Norman, all the best to him and I hope he gets a chance when he gets to the seniors.
Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree....and I'll let that "TWIT" comment slide....for now.
:D

Hope Romsey is ok and all the hype an talk is made up would be a shame to see a great side tumble down !!!
Romsey is fine Hawker, everyone at Romsey is very happy, some gutless people who hide behind a computer just cant handle other clubs who are going onto finals, when their club is going through a rebuilding stage, this happens to all clubs but some gutless uninformed feeble TWITS cant get their head around it! Romsey had 14 senior players on the wend who are locals, one mercenary who played in the Bullants GF last year played in the reserves coming back after injury, another mercenary who played juniors for Romsey and later played for Lancefield who is the assistant coach also played in the reserves because he missed training. As i said Private message me!

As I said before, I see a message like the one from carldan at least once a year, in every thread across every league, people just want to see one club in trouble then all can be painted with the same brush, but you only have to look at the follow up message to see what point was really trying to be made, and that was to highlight the amount of money being spent at local levels these days, but in reality, the RDFL spends nothing when compared to EDFL, WRFL, BalFL, BenFL and the likes...

While I see the value in some of the points (didn't need the rubbish first post which was based on rumoring and rubbish) in the second post you made carldan, the reality is that it flies directly in the face of where local football stands these days, whether people like it or not, these guys put a lot of time and effort into their football clubs and deserve to be compensated, but to say that any side in our competition is stacked with "mercenaries" or a lack of local talent is quite a stretch..

Lets look at the lists from the weekend.

Romsey - Cam Dawson, Steve Burlak, Mark Strack, Nick Wilson, Phil Romeril, Jackson Mills, Luke Carroll, Travis Thorogood, James Carroll, Jake Bray, Warren Kairns, Andrew Pendlebury and Dan Hartley all are products of the Romsey FNC junior and U/18 program.
Matthew Davidson has family links at the club
Leigh Erwin and Ben Talbot contacted the club and moved from a club 10 mins up the road.
Mitch Brewer, Leigh McInerney and Blake and Dave Henderson have close friendship ties at the club
Dean Smith-Whiting showed up on the doorstep of the club at the start of the 2010 season.
Shannon Green, Ash McNaughton and Brad Mitchell have been around the club for an extended period.

It's not like the Romsey FNC did anything ultra special in the recruiting stakes, even Shaune Austin was recruited through working contacts, and most importantly, ask any one of these players, they all consider themselves Romsey people, and that right there is the strength of the club...

Sunbury - Dylan Wright, Tie Cuffe, Matt Welsh, Dan Ellery, Ben Hunting, Mitch Streiff, Adam Walsh, Nathan Hole, Matt Leonard, Brenton Sutherland, Jacob Opie, Dwayne Tate, Jake Young, Keiron Pepper, Kane Van Roosmalen, Anthony Leonard have all played Senior football this year and are from the Kangaroos juniors/U18 program.
Joeb Ploog, Mark McInerney, Jamie Cuffe, Jake Powell, Chris Meacham, Simon Clarke, Dan Gregory, Leigh Fishenden and Darragh McGovern have all been at the club a couple of years and came through close personal friendships.
Dermot Smythe and Danny Harrison both joined the club with former Assistant Coach Nic Dyer.

So once again, Sunbury didn't do anything out of the ordinary, they just used their own contacts to build a finals side...

I could go on and go through every single side in the Top 6, I think the side with the most external players would almost be Wallan, so just goes to show a little perspective goes a long long way....

Got any more cutting words in that extensive vocabulary slyone. Careful, you may damage your keyboard trying to control that aggression.

As I said before, I see a message like the one from carldan at least once a year, in every thread across every league, people just want to see one club in trouble then all can be painted with the same brush, but you only have to look at the follow up message to see what point was really trying to be made, and that was to highlight the amount of money being spent at local levels these days, but in reality, the RDFL spends nothing when compared to EDFL, WRFL, BalFL, BenFL and the likes...

While I see the value in some of the points (didn't need the rubbish first post which was based on rumoring and rubbish) in the second post you made carldan, the reality is that it flies directly in the face of where local football stands these days, whether people like it or not, these guys put a lot of time and effort into their football clubs and deserve to be compensated, but to say that any side in our competition is stacked with "mercenaries" or a lack of local talent is quite a stretch..

Romsey - Cam Dawson, Steve Burlak, Mark Strack, Nick Wilson, Phil Romeril, Jackson Mills, Luke Carroll, Travis Thorogood, James Carroll, Jake Bray, Warren Kairns, Andrew Pendlebury and Dan Hartley all are products of the Romsey FNC junior and U/18 program.
Matthew Davidson has family links at the club
Leigh Erwin and Ben Talbot contacted the club and moved from a club 10 mins up the road.
Mitch Brewer, Leigh McInerney and Blake and Dave Henderson have close friendship ties at the club
Dean Smith-Whiting showed up on the doorstep of the club at the start of the 2010 season.
Shannon Green, Ash McNaughton and Brad Mitchell have been around the club for an extended period.

It's not like the Romsey FNC did anything ultra special in the recruiting stakes, even Shaune Austin was recruited through working contacts, and most importantly, ask any one of these players, they all consider themselves Romsey people, and that right there is the strength of the club...

Sunbury - Dylan Wright, Tie Cuffe, Matt Welsh, Dan Ellery, Ben Hunting, Mitch Streiff, Adam Walsh, Nathan Hole, Matt Leonard, Brenton Sutherland, Jacob Opie, Dwayne Tate, Jake Young, Keiron Pepper, Kane Van Roosmalen, Anthony Leonard have all played Senior football this year and are from the Kangaroos juniors/U18 program.
Joeb Ploog, Mark McInerney, Jamie Cuffe, Jake Powell, Chris Meacham, Simon Clarke, Dan Gregory, Leigh Fishenden and Darragh McGovern have all been at the club a couple of years and came through close personal friendships.
Dermot Smythe and Danny Harrison both joined the club with former Assistant Coach Nic Dyer.

So once again, Sunbury didn't do anything out of the ordinary, they just used their own contacts to build a finals side...

I could go on and go through every single side in the Top 6, I think the side with the most external players would almost be Wallan, so just goes to show a little perspective goes a long long way....

I think you'll find that in the case of Sunbury Joeb Ploog, Jake Powell and Leigh Fishenden also played junior footy at the club at some point.

I think you'll find that in the case of Sunbury Joeb Ploog, Jake Powell and Leigh Fishenden also played junior footy at the club at some point.

Just goes a bit further into qualifying my point really ;)

Look out sly, looks like you have a fan/stalker :eek:

Both are only available occasionally due to work commitments and do not wish to play seniors, they are filling in to assist the reserves coach. I think Sam has played 3 or 4 games and Tim 2 or 3. Would be great to have them in, they both would make a difference but it is not to be.

Both are only available occasionally due to work commitments and do not wish to play seniors, they are filling in to assist the reserves coach. I think Sam has played 3 or 4 games and Tim 2 or 3. Would be great to have them in, they both would make a difference but it is not to be.

Fair enough.. It's a shame they are not available more often, certainly would go a long way to support the youngsters in the Tigers line up, both are premiership players... Hopefully they are able to put their hand up to play seniors into the future to give the youngsters a chop out...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much external players at Wallan. From our 22 on the weekend, 17 played juniors at Wallan, 3 play for us after moving to Wallan, 1 was recruited 3 years ago by Pedo, and 1 came to us cause he is a good mate with most of our players. Add to that, our coach, ressies coach and 18s coach all live in Wallan.

Not much external players at Wallan. From our 22 on the weekend, 17 played juniors at Wallan, 3 play for us after moving to Wallan, 1 was recruited 3 years ago by Pedo, and 1 came to us cause he is a good mate with most of our players. Add to that, our coach, ressies coach and 18s coach all live in Wallan.

That's my point, a majority of sides would have players from their home town... Or at least heavily linked to the club.. The stuff about going out and buying a premiership etc is just rubbish...

Gotta give credit to bladey for this post he is a cocky little fella but i guess his results back it up

Everyone has been asking me about this post that clearly I didnt put up, one guess Palmer sitting on his backside not working bored shitless, pretty funny I thought but was not me, as for my real top 20 players I would put Pete Robbo number 1 and then about 20 blokes in no order as equal as good as one another. cheers bladey:footy:

Romsey is fine Hawker, everyone at Romsey is very happy, some gutless people who hide behind a computer just cant handle other clubs who are going onto finals, when their club is going through a rebuilding stage, this happens to all clubs but some gutless uninformed feeble TWITS cant get their head around it! Romsey had 14 senior players on the wend who are locals, one mercenary who played in the Bullants GF last year played in the reserves coming back after injury, another mercenary who played juniors for Romsey and later played for Lancefield who is the assistant coach also played in the reserves because he missed training. As i said Private message me!

Gee ease down brother, Only simply saying it would be bad if all the rumours were true. On your side mate, loosen the reins a little.. Maybe some checks bounced or something:D:D
Whats with the private message gaga?? U wanna a lap dance? can be arranged might be good for u he he xoxoxox

Goodness me!! been off bigfooty for a week and its gone nuts. I Havent forgotten my top 50 folks, ive just been getting my foot fixed.ill continue it in the next few days.

Fellas give it a rest with all the crap of clubs not paying players and mercenary type talk. No one has a problem with it if a person has facts in front of him and puts his name to it, but otherwise i find it fairly pointless potting! go kangas

theres 1200 u saved for the week

as i said before, i see a message like the one from carldan at least once a year, in every thread across every league, people just want to see one club in trouble then all can be painted with the same brush, but you only have to look at the follow up message to see what point was really trying to be made, and that was to highlight the amount of money being spent at local levels these days, but in reality, the rdfl spends nothing when compared to edfl, wrfl, balfl, benfl and the likes...

While i see the value in some of the points (didn't need the rubbish first post which was based on rumoring and rubbish) in the second post you made carldan, the reality is that it flies directly in the face of where local football stands these days, whether people like it or not, these guys put a lot of time and effort into their football clubs and deserve to be compensated, but to say that any side in our competition is stacked with "mercenaries" or a lack of local talent is quite a stretch..

Romsey - cam dawson, steve burlak, mark strack, nick wilson, phil romeril, jackson mills, luke carroll, travis thorogood, james carroll, jake bray, warren kairns, andrew pendlebury and dan hartley all are products of the romsey fnc junior and u/18 program.
Matthew davidson has family links at the club
leigh erwin and ben talbot contacted the club and moved from a club 10 mins up the road.
Mitch brewer, leigh mcinerney and blake and dave henderson have close friendship ties at the club
dean smith-whiting showed up on the doorstep of the club at the start of the 2010 season.
Shannon green, ash mcnaughton and brad mitchell have been around the club for an extended period.

It's not like the romsey fnc did anything ultra special in the recruiting stakes, even shaune austin was recruited through working contacts, and most importantly, ask any one of these players, they all consider themselves romsey people, and that right there is the strength of the club...

Sunbury - dylan wright, tie cuffe, matt welsh, dan ellery, ben hunting, mitch streiff, adam walsh, nathan hole, matt leonard, brenton sutherland, jacob opie, dwayne tate, jake young, keiron pepper, kane van roosmalen, anthony leonard have all played senior football this year and are from the kangaroos juniors/u18 program.
Joeb ploog, mark mcinerney, jamie cuffe, jake powell, chris meacham, simon clarke, dan gregory, leigh fishenden and darragh mcgovern have all been at the club a couple of years and came through close personal friendships.
Dermot smythe and danny harrison both joined the club with former assistant coach nic dyer.

So once again, sunbury didn't do anything out of the ordinary, they just used their own contacts to build a finals side...

I could go on and go through every single side in the top 6, i think the side with the most external players would almost be wallan, so just goes to show a little perspective goes a long long way....

if my club went broke i would contact the wishing well too!!!!
riddell's 91/92 sides were made up of work contacts, they all worked at the re-developed mcg. Romsey are paying big money pleas don't try and hide the fact!!!!

if my club went broke i would contact the wishing well too!!!!
riddell's 91/92 sides were made up of work contacts, they all worked at the re-developed mcg. Romsey are paying big money pleas don't try and hide the fact!!!!

Where and when did I say that Romsey weren't paying money, on the contrary, I stated that the players were compensated and duly so... The crap that clubs go on with "we don't pay our players" is a fallacy and, well, a bucket of crap.. Every side that aspires to be successful needs to be able to provide remuneration, it's just the way local football is these days...

Sheesh, love how nobody actually reads a post these days, you write something about where and how players end up at a club and all of a sudden you are saying that nobody gets paid.. Take your time people, read what has been written before attempting to jump all over it, it gives you a little more credibility in your response.

Where and when did I say that Romsey weren't paying money, on the contrary, I stated that the players were compensated and duly so... The crap that clubs go on with "we don't pay our players" is a fallacy and, well, a bucket of crap.. Every side that aspires to be successful needs to be able to provide remuneration, it's just the way local football is these days...

Sheesh, love how nobody actually reads a post these days, you write something about where and how players end up at a club and all of a sudden you are saying that nobody gets paid.. Take your time people, read what has been written before attempting to jump all over it, it gives you a little more credibility in your response.

Geez tall poppy syndrome if I've ever seen it. A mate coaches a mob up the bush, won a flag last year and recently come under similar barrage on their BF thread.

Instead of being critical about who spends what, lets all take a look in our own backyards. Club's pay what they choose too, and pay players whatever they deem that players worth is to their organisation. Been happening for a long time now and will continue to happen down the track.

Take my old mob for instance. On Satdy 17-18 of the 22 has played juniors at Broadford. The majority of that side came into senior football over the past 4-5 years under myself, Bill Neilson or now Matt Finch. I remember one of my proudest days in coaching was in 2008 when all 21 seniors players against Mt.Pleasant had played juniors for Broadford. We didn't win and to anyone outside our club no one cared . . . but we sure did.

Time has now come that perhaps our local boys maybe aren't quite good enough to truly get to the ultimate due to a lack of certain types of players. I'd be disappointed for them lads if the BFNC didn't go and shop around and add some size and experience to the group in the next year or two and allow these 21-22 years olds a chance of playing finals footy. No one could begrudge the club after 4-5 years of "playing locals" if we now went and recruited a bit. The only non locals during my time were virtually via my circle of friends, so we haven't actually recruited for a long time now.

I said when we come across, that we'd battle to contest finals until our expenditure on players got near the $50k mark and I stand by that, although maybe that figure may need to be a fraction more in the current climate.

The better run clubs manage to generate coin to stay up for longer, whilst the lesser beneficial clubs load up for their crack at it every so often.

To me it's more jealousy towards Romsey and Sunbury at present rather than a genuine interest in payments of footballers in general. If you got it, spend it, if you haven't you gotta ask yaselves why and have a look within before pointing the finger at other clubs.

Well said Doona. This topic can or will continue for the rest of the year if we let it.

Any guesses as to who might fill the 6th spot on the ladder come finals time? There are currently 6 teams in contention for the 1 spot (mathematically 2 spots, but unlikely).

I'll have a crack at Woodend. Should win 2 games, and if they play to their potential, could win all 4.

Any thoughts?

Well said Doona. This topic can or will continue for the rest of the year if we let it.

Any guesses as to who might fill the 6th spot on the ladder come finals time? There are currently 6 teams in contention for the 1 spot (mathematically 2 spots, but unlikely).

I'll have a crack at Woodend. Should win 2 games, and if they play to their potential, could win all 4.

Any thoughts?

Would love to see Broadford sneak in and then if they lose to Riddell first week we all can complain about how much they spend :D Going through it with the guys at work today and we think possibly Woodend also, especially after Rockbank narrowly went down last week.

In saying that plenty of games will have a say yet - if Broadford can beat Kilmore and Wallan before playing Melton last round it may keep everyone on their toes ;)

Would love to see Broadford sneak in and then if they lose to Riddell first week we all can complain about how much they spend :D Going through it with the guys at work today and we think possibly Woodend also, especially after Rockbank narrowly went down last week.

In saying that plenty of games will have a say yet - if Broadford can beat Kilmore and Wallan before playing Melton last round it may keep everyone on their toes ;)
Woodends intensity in the first quarter last week was top class, if they kept it up for four quarters they would certainly make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back