RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a big couple of weeks in the rdfl (dont think i will go away again) and with a couple of big issues to come, it also make's for good reading lt was good to see kilmore bounce back hopefully they have turned the corner and ready to take on such an even comp (does make's for good viewing) the big question i have is at what cost will a club go to to win a flag look at sunbury why would they go after baker again he did the dirty on them eariler in the year, they already have a great line up and to have him come back and do what he has done the other club's say's the club does not care about character and are willing to win at all cost, on another note hopefully james will get off it would be a same for him gone from football forever the one thing i can say about him is he was great with the kids at kilmore. and then there is Romsey WOW

Some developments in the off-field area.

story said:
Aaron James’ time in Victorian football hangs in the balance with the Sunbury Kangaroos spearhead to face the Riddell District Football League tribunal on Tuesday night.
James, 34, is charged with both misconduct and striking after the RDFL investigating officer returned his findings to the league this week.

The investigating officer was looking into an incident in Sunbury Kangaroos’ defeat at Diggers Rest on May 7 involving James and a spectator.

A suspension of any length will mean de-registration for James, who was previously de-registered and re-registered from AFL Victoria within the same season in 2008.

Full story: http://www.macedonrangesweekly.com....l-aaron-james-career-on-the-line/2176213.aspx

Congrats to the three RDFL boys in making the Vic Metor Under 18 Squad Tom Sheridan (Rid) , Lauchie Plowman and Dan Markworth (Mac).
Not sure if they have named a captain yet, but i believe Tommy Sheridan's a chance to get the gig. Bad luck to Jono O'Rourke (another RDFL boy) i'm sure would have made the side if not for a bad Hamstring.

Not sure if they have named a captain yet, but i believe Tommy Sheridan's a chance to get the gig. Bad luck to Jono O'Rourke (another RDFL boy) i'm sure would have made the side if not for a bad Hamstring.

Would be a fantastic achievement for Tommy if this were the case..

Just quietly, how well is Lach Plowman travelling!!! Bottom age and on absolute fire... Kid has a very bright future ahead...

Nathan is an outstanding young man with a very bright future! Took the under 16"s for training on Tuesday night, from what i see there could be a couple of boys a bit unlucky!
Good signs ahead!
Yes they have got a couple of talented boys, Angus Storey just missed out on selection for Metro, been in RDFL squads and Cannons squads three yrs running. Jake Lever. another talented player. u/15 rdfl squad. but plays in the 16s. Ricky Woods is another.

Looking forward to seeing how the young up and coming Broadford side goes against Riddell tomorrow, they have been much improved so far this year with 2 wins on the board, tomorrow is going to be a real tester to see how the young guys are improving.
Centrals and Sunbury should be a pretty solid contest too, both sides don't mind the contested footy, what can Centrals do to quell the height of the Kangaroos though.
Kilmore will be eager to bounce back against the Tigers. Just want to see the young Tigers show some fight, it has been a very tough season so far, and losing John Baker certainly would have knocked out any smiles in the Tigers camp, hopefully they can give tomorrows game a real shake.

Will be good to see a few familiar faces and have a beer at the games tomorrow, with half the sides not playing, hopefully most games get good crowds. :thumbsu:

Re: RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Looks like the Romsey mob may've picked up Mitchy Brewer from the QAFL. He's back in town and would be a huge addition to the young player group they have at the moment
Lol... Nice :D

Admitting Romsey will be there.. Sheez, if I knew that, we wouldn't have to go through the other 15 weeks before it... But are the Redbacks capable, absolutely... But thats nothing new that I should have that opinion, there are quite a few other sides that should be thinking the exact same thing, you included.. That's the aim isn't it??

Yes they have got a couple of talented boys, Angus Storey just missed out on selection for Metro, been in RDFL squads and Cannons squads three yrs running. Jake Lever. another talented player. u/15 rdfl squad. but plays in the 16s. Ricky Woods is another.

You can read all the posts you like and comment on things jokingly or harshly, but there isnt much better than reading posts like this one and seeing these youngsters going well and achieving exceptional things. well done boys keep up the great work. J.Lever he wouldnt be the son of the great A.Lever would he???

You can read all the posts you like and comment on things jokingly or harshly, but there isnt much better than reading posts like this one and seeing these youngsters going well and achieving exceptional things. well done boys keep up the great work. J.Lever he wouldnt be the son of the great A.Lever would he???
Yes, that is correct GO GAZZA. J Lever is the son of A Lever. You should know, you were the one he kicked with at half time all those years ago ;)Thank you for your support of the Romsey Football Club, we really appreciate it!! There is an exceptional bunch of talent down at the Redback Juniors at the moment with a lot of father son players. ie Will Dippa - is a gun:thumbsu:, is the son of the great Mark Dippa; There is a Dawson; a Brinkhuis, a Day, a Beer, a Connellan, 2 Smileys, a Parker, hopefully 2 Lingards not to far away, and maybe one day there might be either a Dyer or Smith there hopefully.. I don't know to much about being a great... but i was only great at getting splinters in my ass and looking after you little buddy when you got lippy to the opposition :thumbsu: but i would love you to come down to see the talent, that our club has, like many other clubs in the league have, on show on Sunday mornings at the home of the red and black.:footy:
Look forward to catching up for a quiet one GO GAZZA at our next home game this Saturday - - - Seniors
PS: If you wanted to know who Connalinko is, instead of asking on FACEBOOK and one of my good mates giving me up!:mad: You should have asked the great Houdini, "Wiper" -- he has my number!!! look forward to catching up for that beer GO GAZZA
Leave my tiges alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also forgot Brett Lockens boys... who there father was a freak and powerful:thumbsu: and skinners all have great talent and will go places to ,all father sons playing at our club>>..:footy:

Are you Romsey or Lancefield? Your address says Lancefield but the heart says Romsey.
Matthew Matthew Matthew... Its like the mechanic shop in Lancefield:confused: sponsors a great club 8 klms down the road AT ROMSEY ....also young Matty i live at NORTH ROMSEY and my post code is 3434 .5 ,,,same as a mate who lives up near the golf course there at sth TOOBORAC but doesn"t matter champ i love my tiges :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Are you Romsey or Lancefield? Your address says Lancefield but the heart says Romsey.
Theres nothing wrong with living in one town and supporting another. Thats the small town mentality that exists in Lancefield and may well be why they are in the spot they are right now. There is a world beyond the potato farm.get out there.

is that the great A Lever that nearly one woodend a gf in the reserves in 1993 after he kicked 5 in a half of football.if it is Romsey are blessed having his son playing under the father/son rule
Yes, that is correct GO GAZZA. J Lever is the son of A Lever. You should know, you were the one he kicked with at half time all those years ago ;)Thank you for your support of the Romsey Football Club, we really appreciate it!! There is an exceptional bunch of talent down at the Redback Juniors at the moment with a lot of father son players. ie Will Dippa - is a gun:thumbsu:, is the son of the great Mark Dippa; There is a Dawson; a Brinkhuis, a Day, a Beer, a Connellan, 2 Smileys, a Parker, hopefully 2 Lingards not to far away, and maybe one day there might be either a Dyer or Smith there hopefully.. I don't know to much about being a great... but i was only great at getting splinters in my ass and looking after you little buddy when you got lippy to the opposition :thumbsu: but i would love you to come down to see the talent, that our club has, like many other clubs in the league have, on show on Sunday mornings at the home of the red and black.:footy:
Look forward to catching up for a quiet one GO GAZZA at our next home game this Saturday - - - Seniors
PS: If you wanted to know who Connalinko is, instead of asking on FACEBOOK and one of my good mates giving me up!:mad: You should have asked the great Houdini, "Wiper" -- he has my number!!! look forward to catching up for that beer GO GAZZA
Leave my tiges alone

Quick query guys, what was the score this weekend between Riddell and Broadford? Right league, I hope... :)

Yep, right league..

Riddell 14.16.100 def Broadford 5.5.35

Yep, right league..

Riddell 14.16.100 def Broadford 5.5.35

Thankyou, a true Ally ;)

Another Ally (ShaunDuggan) pointed me towards the HS today in regards to this game (page 61 apparently) but as I don't have access to the Sun today I thought I'd come here and see what he was on about... guess it wasn't the score! :)

That was in his twilight of his career and it was 8 goals champ:D

Love your work Big Boy, Might get my self down there to see the youngsters in action:thumbsu:. Might just be a certain Captain Blood (Jack Dyer)playing for the Redbacks in years to come.:):)

CONNALINKOOOOOHHHH........YOU BEAUTY!

Local paper a bit stiff in saying Sunbury poached Baker from Lancefield.

Also a write up about James fronting the tribunal. Did the tribunal sit last night or tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back