RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half way mark of the season, thinking about doing a report card for the half way point, but might hold off until everyone has played each other once.. Thoughts??

In the meantime, plenty of contributors on here.. What are your thoughts at the half way mark?

Top 6:
Premiers:
Runners Up:
Bowen Medal:
Roughie:
Goal Kicking:
Rising Gun:
Biggest Improver 2nd half of year:
Biggest Slider 2nd half of year:

Half way mark of the season, thinking about doing a report card for the half way point, but might hold off until everyone has played each other once.. Thoughts??

In the meantime, plenty of contributors on here.. What are your thoughts at the half way mark?

Top 6:Ridd,Sunb,Roms,Diggers,Rock
Premiers:Ridd (hopefully Kangas or Romsey though haha)
Runners Up:Sunbury/Romsey
Bowen Medal:p.Robertson
Roughie:J.Ploog
Goal Kicking:J.Baker
Rising Gun:M.Dipietro haha:thumbsu: Serious answer J.Young (Sunbury)
Biggest Improver 2nd half of year:Woodend

Guys I had the pleasure of watching Jordan Taylor (Son of Brian and brother of Ryan Taylor)play on Saturday for the Pioneers,If Riddell could get this young man back to his home club in the near future would be a big boost for the bombers in the future He was great on the weekend in the win over Calder.Stands around 190cm and 80 kgs at the ripe old age of 19.

Top 6:
Premiers:
Runners Up:
Bowen Medal:
Roughie:
Goal Kicking:
Rising Gun:
Biggest Improver 2nd half of year:

I'll have a crack at it:
Premiers: Romsey
Runners Up: Sunbury
Bowen Medal: Mark Strack (Rom), Haydn Ross (Rid)
Roughie: Dylan Wright (Sun), Tom Mainey (Rock)
Goal Kicking: Mathew Davidson (Rid)
Rising Gun: Tierone Cuffe (Sun)
Biggest Improver 2nd 1/2 of Year: Woodend
Biggest Slider 2nd 1/2 of Year: Hard one to pick but possibly Macedon

Premiers: Riddell
Runners Up: Romsey
Bowen Medal: Shannon Green (Romsey)
Roughie: Cam Casson (Riddell)
Goal Kicking: Mathew Davidson (Romsey)
Rising Gun: Mark Strickland (Macedon)
Biggest Improver 2nd 1/2 of Year: Woodend
Biggest Slider 2nd 1/2 of Year: Wallan

Can someone please provide me with a webpage showing team lists and jumper numbers for each player?

Thanks.

Don't believe there is one. Your best bet is the record. Maybe someone can start a thread

Scores haven't been updated for the last couple of rounds but its pretty close in the tipping. Couple of tough ones this week - Romsey v Kangas and Rockbank v Kilmore.

Interesting read today in the review newspaper regarding the footy at Woodend on the weekend. Seems as though the ground was a major contributing factor in the result. I see that one side managed 21 scoring shots on goal in the same conditions ??? Were the Woodend boys sinking "2 inches into the ground" like the Roo boys are claiming they were ??

Scores haven't been updated for the last couple of rounds but its pretty close in the tipping. Couple of tough ones this week - Romsey v Kangas and Rockbank v Kilmore.

All updated.. Was busy reliving the highlights of the Gold Coast :D

Interesting read today in the review newspaper regarding the footy at Woodend on the weekend. Seems as though the ground was a major contributing factor in the result. I see that one side managed 21 scoring shots on goal in the same conditions ??? Were the Woodend boys sinking "2 inches into the ground" like the Roo boys are claiming they were ??

The game was at Woodend!!! What more can be expected :cool:

OMNI'S Final Ladder Prediction.

Romsey...........72
Riddell.............60
Sunbury..........56
Diggers...........56
Macedon.........44
Woodend........36

Wallan..............32
Rockbank..........28
Kilmore.............20
Melton.............16
Broadford.........12
Lancefield.......................................................................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bwahahaha lol, ground was the same for both teams.

Bwahahaha lol, ground was the same for both teams.

Yeah thats what i assumed :confused: Then i thought maybe the Woodend boys had special boots to deal with such atrocious conditions week to week, therefore enabling them glide across the muddy turf easier.

Yeah thats what i assumed :confused: Then i thought maybe the Woodend boys had special boots to deal with such atrocious conditions week to week, therefore enabling them glide across the muddy turf easier.

They would be more accustomed to the conditions being their home turf, it has been the same for a very long time, it is one reason why Woodend are one team that has a distinct advantage on their home turf...

They would be more accustomed to the conditions being their home turf, it has been the same for a very long time, it is one reason why Woodend are one team that has a distinct advantage on their home turf...

Turf? Not much turf there. I've been saying for years that Gilbert Gordon needs a major overhaul/relocation. Great for cricket, horrible for footy. Sits on the side of a hill and has a spring underneath. Rain = quagmire.

Ideally you would utilise the space at the old racecourse, have two grounds and try and have really good senior/junior facilities.

Must be some advantage :eek:, noticed Broadford Seniors only managed 1 behind for an entire game of football there Saturday.

Must be some advantage :eek:, noticed Broadford Seniors only managed 1 behind for an entire game of football there Saturday.

It's an advantage, no doubt. But not to the extent that opposition teams can't score (heck, Broadford's 2's won on the same ground on the same day). Any suggestions otherwise is a cop out.

It's an advantage, no doubt. But not to the extent that opposition teams can't score (heck, Broadford's 2's won on the same ground on the same day). Any suggestions otherwise is a cop out.
So true JB, and to use it as an excuse it poor form. One thing that does have to be done though is a levelling out of the ground. It crowns massively in the middle and when viewing from, say, inside ur car on the fenceline, you cannot see the top rail of the opposite side fence. Would be a huge job but as some say, the racecourse is a more than adequate replacement for the down time. I'd say the only reason for not using the racecourse would be the lack of a clubroom, change rooms are great but a pres's lunch with a view of the ground is not an option atm:(GO Hawks

So true JB, and to use it as an excuse it poor form. One thing that does have to be done though is a levelling out of the ground. It crowns massively in the middle and when viewing from, say, inside ur car on the fenceline, you cannot see the top rail of the opposite side fence. Would be a huge job but as some say, the racecourse is a more than adequate replacement for the down time. I'd say the only reason for not using the racecourse would be the lack of a clubroom, change rooms are great but a pres's lunch with a view of the ground is not an option atm:(GO Hawks

Knowing the playing field is very handy - do you think the players will pay a price having to play in the mud every 2nd week?? It would have to take more out of them than a team that plays on a good surface every 2nd week.

From what I hear.. Racecourse oval isn't that flash either.. which is a shame.. the juniors have another month of footy left on it but might even struggle to get to play on it in anything other than poor conditions anyway.. sigh..

Great to see McMahon's transfer complete. If he is fit he will be an incredible in for Riddell. Add Chooka Henry for the 2nd half of the year and it really puts Riddell in a strong postion in the run into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back