RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all reports there will be an investigation into the alleged incident on Saturday between Kilmore and Wallan, so if you have something to say or witnessed the incident, best to contact the investigating officer or the league rather than comment on here guys.

I hope there is mate it would be a bad look for the league if there wasnt! Regardless of the outcome!

Riddell just starting to warm up. Would they have taken premiership favourtism off the redbacks today?

Agree 100% mongrel riddell definitely flag favorites closely followed by the kangaroos

Yeah nice try there boys, but with success comes expectation. ie - "FAVORITSM" !!! And as long as both the Redbacks & the Kangas keep winning & taking all before them then you blokes have got nowhere to hide & had better get used to bearing the label.... No matter how uncomfortable you two both seem to be with it. :eek:
Moreover if neither of you 2 think your sides can handle the pressure best you blokes start losing a few, :p & I'm sure the Bombers or in fact Diggers will gladly step right up "AGAIN" to fill the breach !
God knows these 2 sides have had to deal with the weight of this yoke for many seasons now & it hasn't seemed to hurt their strike rate too much ??? :eek:

Out of interest IMS who are the other two midfielders that you rate in your top three mate ?

To be honest I haven't really thought about it that deeply mate... I cant say for sure that Jayco would be in my top 3 either, but he would be pretty damn close.... The only one I know right now is also the guy that I rate as the best in the competition (outside of Romsey) and that is Pete Robertson....

To be honest I haven't really thought about it that deeply mate... I cant say for sure that Jayco would be in my top 3 either, but he would be pretty damn close.... The only one I know right now is also the guy that I rate as the best in the competition (outside of Romsey) and that is Pete Robertson....

He's having a pretty average season actually pal. (outside of last Sat') A bit of a "lazy coaster" really !!! :eek:

He's having a pretty average season actually pal. (outside of last Sat') A bit of a "lazy coaster" really !!! :eek:

7 times in the best in 12 outings, I have seen him 3 times this year and has been a class above... But only my opinion again, and I do know you expect big things!!! :thumbsu:

I reckon #6 from rockbank fly's under the radar abit and so does Matt Coomans from bford. Both have the ability to change games off their own boot. Too many great midfeilders in this comp to judge tho.

I reckon #6 from rockbank fly's under the radar abit and so does Matt Coomans from bford. Both have the ability to change games off their own boot. Too many great midfeilders in this comp to judge tho.

6 from Rockbank is Nathan Jackel, don't think he's under too many people's radars, very good player although his disposal could be better.

6 from Rockbank is Nathan Jackel, don't think he's under too many people's radars, very good player although his disposal could be better.

I think his disposal is a bit underrated to be honest, it could have a bit to do with a lack of trust in where he is delivering the ball though.. He tends to try to do a bit too much at times and I think that has a lot to do with not trusting the receiver at the other end of the kick...

He definitely isn't underrated within the competition though.... Not in my view...

Matty Coomans maybe, but the reasoning there is that Broadford are a young rebuilding side and some of the top opposition sides wouldn't put a lot of work into stopping matchups, allowing these guys to roam free, as Broadford as a team strengthens so will the reputations of guys like Coomans and Duggan.

Coonmans can play, very similar type of player to Jamie Zerafa.

One player who is extremely underrated and doesn't receive one ounce of recognition here is Brenan Newitt (#4) from Rockbank. He's very highly rated and respected within the club (he aint captain for no reason). One reason he may be underrated is his lack of durability. I can't ever remember him playing a full season. This is the first time in a while injury hasn't hampered him, but work commitments see him overseas at the moment, and let me assure you he was missed on Saturday and one player like that probably would have made the difference.

Coonmans can play, very similar type of player to Jamie Zerafa.

One player who is extremely underrated and doesn't receive one ounce of recognition here is Brenan Newitt (#4) from Rockbank. He's very highly rated and respected within the club (he aint captain for no reason). One reason he may be underrated is his lack of durability. I can't ever remember him playing a full season. This is the first time in a while injury hasn't hampered him, but work commitments see him overseas at the moment, and let me assure you he was missed on Saturday and one player like that probably would have made the difference.

There are too many great midfeilders in this comp to sit here and debate about it all night. I reckon defenders dont get enough credit for all the hard work they put in. Its My Show i would love to see your top 20 defenders in the comp are since you seem to know everything lol ;)

There are too many great midfeilders in this comp to sit here and debate about it all night. I reckon defenders dont get enough credit for all the hard work they put in. Its My Show i would love to see your top 20 defenders in the comp are since you seem to know everything lol ;)

Maybe if ya mate Coomans went to a bank flank he could get a gig in that list ;) Young Matt reminds me so much of one of the best back flank/centreman I got to coach in Johnny Rowe.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...

I will say that anyone can do a top 20 list of anywhere, it is all opinion based, everyone will have a different opinion... I also don't want to sit around going through a list of 20 defenders in order, so I will compromise, I will give you my top defender from each team, how's that?

Romsey - Leigh Erwin
Sunbury - Jake Powell
Riddell - Nick Ash
Diggers Rest - Brett Caton
Macedon - Tim Dettman
Rockbank - Tom Mainey
Wallan - I can't think of a standout
Woodend/Hesket - James Hardwick
Kilmore - Travis Hede
Melton Centrals - Kane Bullen
Broadford - Grant Wearne
Lancefield - Dale Joesph

Again though, only my opinion.. I am sure there will be others that agree or disagree, for some of those clubs (especially the top sides) you could name anywhere between 3 and 6 blokes as their best backmen though!!!

I will say that anyone can do a top 20 list of anywhere, it is all opinion based, everyone will have a different opinion... I also don't want to sit around going through a list of 20 defenders in order, so I will compromise, I will give you my top defender from each team, how's that?

Romsey - Leigh Erwin
Sunbury - Jake Powell
Riddell - Nick Ash
Macedon - Tim Dettman
Rockbank - Tom Mainey
Wallan - I can't think of a standout
Kilmore - Travis Hede
Broadford - Grant Wearne
Lancefield - Dale Joesph

Again though, only my opinion.. I am sure there will be others that agree or disagree, for some of those clubs (especially the top sides) you could name anywhere between 3 and 6 blokes as their best backmen though!!!
Freak!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freak!!!!!

Nah, just a know it all apparently :p

By the way, before the flood of responses come pointing out the guys who are not playing in the back line this year, this list is who I THINK is the clubs best backman, not necessarily the guys that are there week in week out, I do realize that players change positions quite regularly :rolleyes:

Romsey - Leigh Erwin
Sunbury - Jake Powell
Riddell - Nick Ash
Macedon - Tim Dettman
Rockbank - Tom Mainey
Wallan - Here Here??? Peddo used to rate him
Kilmore - Travis Hede
Broadford - Grant Wearne
Lancefield - Dale Joesph

IMS you're a Freak!!! ;)

b: erwin ash bullen
hb:joseph wearne caton
c:robertson blade green
hf: sims allan jackal
ff: cornish meacham hepburn
r: j cuffe d wright
int: bell zerafa

Good effort... Um.. Few big calls though...

The equal leading goal kickers in the competition would have to be a bit stiff..

what do i know...im only a stickwaver..but thats why this is a discussion forum..

Not having a shot at you, you had a crack at a side, most won't, just get ready though, people will have a shot at you for it.. :D

Not having a shot at you, you had a crack at a side, most won't, just get ready though, people will have a shot at you for it.. :D

i realise you werent having a shot...its just some players seem to stick in the head others dont...for varying reasons...meach shows great leadership,willingness to bring others into the game respect (both giving and recieving) as well as being a good bloke:D

i realise you werent having a shot...its just some players seem to stick in the head others dont...for varying reasons...meach shows great leadership,willingness to bring others into the game respect (both giving and recieving) as well as being a good bloke:D

Meach is a rubbish bloke!!! :eek:

Nah, I would have him in my TOY at this stage too, but I would certainly have Mick Allen and Matt Davidson there too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back