Not open for further replies.
b: erwin ash bullen
hb:joseph wearne caton
c:robertson blade green
hf: sims allan jackal
ff: cornish meacham hepburn
r: j cuffe d wright
int: bell zerafa

There's only 19 players in your team though !

Here's a go at mine.

B. Bullen, Caton, Powell
HB. Casson, Erwin, Jacobs
C. Jackel, Robertson, Green
HF. Sims, J. Cuffe, Smith-Whiting
F. Allan, Meacham, M. Davidson
R. Fishenden, Blade, D. Wright
I. N. Ash, Zerafa, B. Gordon, Galea

This would be mine at this stage going on the performances I have seen from individuals in 2011 not including Romsey.... (As well as games played and number of times named in the best)

Using pure performance as a guide, Brett Caton and Darragh McGovern would be in this side...

Code:
  B          Nick Ash (Rid)            Grant Wearne (BF)          Kane Bullen (MC)
   HB       Nathan Jackal (RB)          Jae Wilton (Mac)            Kris Marsh (DR)
   C        Craig Marshall (DR)       Peter Robertson (Rid)       Haydn Ross (Rid) 
   HF        Shaun Sims (DR) ©          Ash Fleming (Mac)         Shane Jacobs (Kil)
   F         Mick Allen (Rid)          Chris Meacham (SK)          Jamie Cuffe (SK)
   R       Leigh Fishenden (SK)        Shannon Galea (Wal)         Dylan Wright (SK)
   I        Brent Gordon (Kil)          Cam Casson (Rid)          Jake Armistead (RB)
            Jono O'Brien (MC)

This would be mine at this stage going on the performances I have seen from individuals in 2011 not including Romsey.... (As well as games played and number of times named in the best)

Using pure performance as a guide, Brett Caton and Darragh McGovern would be in this side...

Code:
  B          Nick Ash (Rid)            Grant Wearne (BF)          Kane Bullen (MC)
   HB       Nathan Jackal (RB)          Jae Wilton (Mac)            Kris Marsh (DR)
   HF        Shaun Sims (DR) ©          Ash Fleming (Mac)         Shane Jacobs (Kil)
   F         Mick Allen (Rid)          Chris Meacham (SK)          Jamie Cuffe (SK)
   R       Leigh Fishenden (SK)        Shannon Galea (Wal)         Dylan Wright (SK)
   I        Brent Gordon (Kil)          Cam Casson (Rid)          Jake Armistead (RB)
            Jono O'Brien (MC)

How many would you have in from Romsey IMS ?

How many would you have in from Romsey IMS ?

Tough to say mate, it's why I leave the club I am involved in out of stuff like this (learnt the hard way early RDFL thread style :D)

I see much more football from them so I could possibly put up to 8 or 9 that would mount a case, 6 of those would almost be considered certainties!!

On the same note, I go a bit harder on the Kangas blokes in the same way... There is probably a couple of them that would be a bit stiff....

Code:
            Jono O'Brien (MC)

With all due respect IMS, how does Ash Fleming make it based on your above criteria. In the best twice, both sixth best and against Lancefield and Broadford (not in the top six). Sixteen goals in nine matches at an average of 1.77 all scored against teams not in the top six. Just stating the statistics !

With all due respect IMS, how does Ash Fleming make it based on your above criteria. In the best twice, both sixth best and against Lancefield and Broadford (not in the top six). Sixteen goals in nine matches at an average of 1.77 all scored against teams not in the top six. Just stating the statistics !

Yep, stats are fine.. His performance in the game I saw him play (which I am basing most of this on) and having played 9 games gives him enough games, when coming from a pure CHF point of view, 1.77 goals a game is a pretty solid return, have to remember, I am calling it based on a CHF.. Not the strongest competition within the RDFL, we don't have any screaming out to be selected.. When looking at the goal kicking list he is the top listed CHF and that is a return from 9 games.. It's pretty solid going.

Remember, I also made this side based on no Romsey representatives..

Yep, stats are fine.. His performance in the game I saw him play (which I am basing most of this on) and having played 9 games gives him enough games, when coming from a pure CHF point of view, 1.77 goals a game is a pretty solid return, have to remember, I am calling it based on a CHF.. Not the strongest competition within the RDFL, we don't have any screaming out to be selected.. When looking at the goal kicking list he is the top listed CHF and that is a return from 9 games.. It's pretty solid going.

Remember, I also made this side based on no Romsey representatives..

Fair Enough !

Heard some good news lastnight that the broadford football club have joined with the Wandong junior football club. Wandong have 11 kids moving up to the bford under 18s next year. This is great for both clubs and hopefully some success comes out of this. Congrads to both sides.

Round 13 - Call to Arms

The run to finals is officially upon us and some huge games ahead for all sides this week...

Kangaroos (2nd, 10-2) Vs Kilmore (9th, 4-8)
Last Time - Kangaroos 20.19.139 def Kilmore 4.6.30
The Kangaroos are back in fine form and this week host a Blues side coming off a big win against Wallan that has them firmly in the race for sixth spot. None are currently in better form that Roos big forward Chris Meacham who again booted a bag last week. The Blues will be desperate to find a counter for Meacham as well as John Baker. Dylan Wright has been in great form through the midfield, which has allowed the Kangas to cover the loss of Darragh McGovern in recent weeks. The Roos have talent across the board and it will be important for the Blues to put them on the back foot, if the Kangas are allowed to roam free and without pressure then they will dictate the game and never give the Blues a look in. Kilmore has plenty of talent of their own, especially throughout the midfield, with the Gordon brothers, young guns Alex Desmond and Codey Phillips, Trav Hede and spiritual leader Adam Goudge who should return this week from injury. Of course they will need to nullify the effect of the Kangas duel ruck combo in Fishenden and Cuffe to allow the midfield to get involved. If Kilmore can get on top in the middle, and Shane Jacobs plays forward as he has done in recent weeks, then the Blues just might have the avenue to goal that they desperately lacked early in the year. Much will depend on whether Brent Gordon plays as to whether Jacobs can spend maximum time up forward.
The Blues will throw everything at the Kangaroos without doubt, but the Roos class across the ground might just be too much for the 2nd tier Blues players to deal with.
Key Players
Kangaroos:
Fishendon, Cuffe, Meacham, Wright.
Kilmore: Jacobs, Desmond, Hede, Peckham
Prediction: Sunbury Kangaroos by 40 points.

Riddell (3rd, 9-3) Vs Macedon (4th, 9-3)
Last Time - Macedon 7.6.48 def Riddell 7.4.46
Many will call this the match of the round and for the quality of football on display it may well be. But ill explain later why I don't think it is.
The Bombers are the in form team of the competition in recent weeks, leading up to their demolition of fellow finalist Diggers Rest last week. The addition of Rob Henry and Rob McMahon have been a boon for the Bombers, but it is the midfield that have really started to step up and stamp their authority. Cam Casson, James Climas and of course Pete Robertson have been superb in recent weeks while Mick Allen is on fire up forward and will take some stopping. There is also no coincidence that the Bombers line up is more measured with the return of Grant Puxley.
The Cats have been travelling along nicely since they dropped their 3rd game of the season, although missing Al Meldrum, the return of Darren Goodwin to the line up has added the contested ball winner that was missing earlier in the year, while Ash Fleming is finding more of the ball each week, the Cats will need these two firing in coming weeks as they attempt to lock down a spot in the top 3. This game is super important for the Cats if they want to achieve this goal, they were able to get away with a win against the Bombers last time due to a serious leg injury to Matt Sammut, but the Bombers will be out to make a statement after that loss.. Huge game for both sides, both are still in the race for 2nd spot, a loss here would just about consign them to a finish of 4th or 5th.
Key Players
Riddell:
Allen, P.Robertson, Casson, Ash
Macedon: Fleming, Wright, Goodwin, Dettman
Prediction: Riddell by 35 points

Melton Centrals (10th, 4-8) Vs Diggers Rest (5th, 9-3)
Last Time - Diggers Rest 10.9.69 def Melton Centrals 4.11.35
Many would see this as a straight forward result for Diggers, but this game marks a long standing rivalry between the two Melton council sides that has greater consequence on the season.
Both sides were on the receiving end of big losses on the weekend, Centrals to the undefeated Romsey and Diggers to the in form Bombers, but the loss to Diggers meant they tumbled to 5th on the ladder, while other results meant that the fight for 6th opened right up for Centrals, meaning much hinges on this result. There is no secret that Centrals, while needing to beat all of the sides in the race for 6th, also need to claim a scalp of a top 5 side and they will be hoping that this week is their opportunity. Centrals have been faced with a horror injury list in 2011, but have continued to scrap and fight, giving themselves every chance to be in the mix for the finals spot. Kane Bullen is as inspirational as ever and was clearly Centrals best last week, while Brett Payne is an elusive forward that can be tough to contain if he gets going, he also proved last week that he can score in quick bursts. Centrals need to use that to their advantage.
The Burra have also been struck with the injury curse, they are still missing a couple of players with hand injuries, as well as some availabilities and suspensions. With the run home to finals upon us, the Burra will be hoping that everyone now starts to become available so they have plenty of match fitness going into the time of the year that they are always at their best. So much of the Burra's best football still relies on the same names, Sims, Laurie, Heritage, Clarke. Kris Marsh is underrated within the league, he reads the football so well across the half back line and makes good decisions when he has it, Brad Sluggett provides much of the run for the Burra and has added contested football to his game.
This is a big game for these two sides, the Burra can ill afford to take Centrals lightly and Centrals are at the crossroads, they simply have nothing to lose now, they will throw everything at the Burra in the hope of a win and a real shot at 6th spot.
Key Players
Diggers Rest:
Sims, Marsh, Marshall, Laurie
Melton Centrals: Bullen, Payne, Watkins, J.O'Brien
Prediction: Diggers Rest by 20 points.

Romsey (1st, 12-0) Vs Woodend/Hesket (8th, 4-8)
Last Time - Romsey 17.17.119 def Woodend/Hesket 12.5.77
Prediction:
Romsey win

Lancefield (12th, 0-12) Vs Broadford (11th, 3-9)
Last Time - Broadford 15.11.101 def Lancefield 12.5.77
Att Lancefield, this is your opportunity, don't miss it. A home game, against a side that plays on a small ground, that sit just above you on the ladder and have a youthful side that is learning.
Att Broadford, this is your opportunity, don't miss it. Playing a youthful side that is building and haven't won a game, the opportunity to really throw your hat in the race for 6th spot after a wonderful win last week against Rockbank, how will you respond?
That's right, I believe that both of these sides have opportunity this week, it is a question of how each will respond. The Tigers line up is full of youthful exuberance, they have quality kids in the Under 18's that are more than capable of playing senior football and if they play this week, they are a chance of causing an upset and notching their first win of the season, but they have to be able to maintain the ability to break and find space as well as defensive pressure on the opposition for 4 quarters, that is going to be the biggest ask on the young Tigers.
The Roos have a real chance now, on the back of last weeks win, to win 2 in a row, which hasn't happened for a while, and throw their hat in the ring for the now wide open 6th position. How they will respond after a big win last week is the question that everyone will be asking though, can they be a realistic threat to 6th spot, I know many will say no way (especially someone from Macedon way who told me there is no way that Woodend or Centrals could make the top 6 and I was kidding everyone when I mentioned it in the write up each week, yet, only 6 games to go and both are right in the mix, BF have this week, Kilmore, Wallan and Centrals, so their fate is firmly in their own hands), but the Roos are a sneaky chance at finals after last week, they do have Romsey and Riddell in their last 6 games, but also have 4 games that they must have a belief that they have opportunity to win in!! A big week coming up for the Broadford FNC, a win here and it's game on, a loss and it is bye bye.
Key Players
Lancefield:
Joesph, Conway, Rebbecchi, Caton
Broadford: Wearne, Duggan, Coomans, Collier
Prediction: Broadford by 15 points.

Match of the Round
Wallan (7th, 4-8) Vs Rockbank (6th, 4-8)
Last Time - Wallan 15.7.97 def Rockbank 9.12.66
This is the biggest game of the round in the context of the remainder of the season, two sides that are fighting it out for 6th spot. The Rams have been able to slide into 6th on the back of two straight losses due to losing by less than their rivals. The Magpies will need to respond after another big loss last week to the Blues, they have now lost 4 in a row and are under mounting pressure to put in a performance worthy of a finalist. The continued good form of Shannon Galea is a positive, but they need more from the key players in the line up. Matt Robertson is rated as one of the premier players in the competition, but at times looks almost disinterested, Justin Collis has played good football in patches and Dave Cornish is kicking goals, but is having no where near the impact he has had in previous years. With rumors of a falling out at a function, it seems as though there is a push back to the Wallan we first saw enter the competition before a bit of a clean out, the reality is, on the face of it, Wallan should be the leading contender for 6th spot, but they continue to put in performances that contradict that thought.
The Rams have pushed some of the best sides in the competition to the limit this year, but keep dropping games that they really should be winning. They have a quality list with names like Johns, Zerafa, Jackal and Krul as well as two of the best youngsters in the competition in Sobotnicki and Armistead, but they just seem to miss the opportunity when it is there in front of them. They have a big 6 weeks ahead and anything less than finishing 6th would be a disappointing result, because if they make it to finals they will be a tough side to front up against. After this game they have to face Sunbury, Riddell and Diggers Rest as well as "should win" games against Centrals and Lancefield, a loss here for either side means they will finish on 6 wins, it won't be enough!!!
Key Players
Wallan:
Galea, Robertson, Collis, Cornish
Rockbank: Jackal, Johns, Sobotnicki, Krul
Prediction: Rockbank by 3 points.

Good luck to all sides this week!!!

Just wondering how many Romsey players have to turn their GPS on to find the place. Probably the same amount that, word has it, are still waiting for their money. Could be a very long wait from what I hear. Still, at least Benny will get paid, just hope there's something left over for the ones that made it this far.

Just wondering how many Romsey players have to turn their GPS on to find the place. Probably the same amount that, word has it, are still waiting for their money. Could be a very long wait from what I hear. Still, at least Benny will get paid, just hope there's something left over for the ones that made it this far.

Wow what a Goose making up stories to make your self feel better. Looser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has been paid at Romsey fool, try and derail some other club everyone happy at Romsey! Private message me for a chat!

Bet you never see that private message :D

Hear this crap every year.. Different teams different year, blah blah blah

"Carldan", I for 1, am a great supporter and a financial sponsor of the Romsey Football Club.

Like many others, you have thrown the bait this year, and I have now taken it.You are another uninformed 'TWIT' who is trying to bring down a team that is hoping to improve the standard of the RDFL.

I have met with, and spoken to all players, over the last 3 weeks, regarding player conditions and payments. I am yet to meet a player who has not been paid what he is owed or is unhappy with the club!!!

I was part of the Gisborne team of the early 90's, when Riddell won the flag in 2nd division, and then went on to win the next 2 in first division. They single handidly, changed the way the RDFL is today, and good on them.

You obviously support a lower ladder team this year, and can't handle the success of others.

Riddell, Sunbury, Diggers, Romsey,etc are trying achieve the best they can, as are others.
As IMS said to Slyone, "bet you never see the private message"

You are a TWIT, and where money issues are concerned, put your name to it!!!

Tour de France,nothing to do with footy, Bigger than Americas cup??Go Cadel!!! Like an old diesel engine..... Takes a bit to wind up, but doesn't stop when he gets going

G'day Norman,

I'm a bit older than you, judging by your playing history, and seen a few leagues myself. I also know the Riddell players you speak of.
I humbly suggest that if you think your money is helping to improve the league you are kidding yourself. What it does is deny opportunity to developing junior players who will in turn seek their chances elsewhere. In turn, once they do find those opprtunities they will possibly (but not always) become the very types that you currently find yourself paying for now, except some other club will be doing it, and so it goes.
Personally I would rather watch 2 bottom teams full of players who have been developed through the under age teams having a red hot go for their club than 2 teams full of mercenaries playing for a pay check...to me the first is local footy the second is called the AFL.
Now we obviously have a different point of view and frankly,I couldn't care what you do with your money. But if I was you or anyone else putting my hand in my pocket I'd make sure your CLUB was successful rather than your TEAM. Head out today (that's right, in the cold and rain) and throw some of that coin into the juniors, you may be able to find a premiership down the track that didn't cost you an arm and a leg. If you do that you may be able to enjoy a cold one at the footy every week with premiership players rather than having to organize re-unions every 10 years to see them.

Speaking of REUNIONS.

As part of our 25 year celebrations the SUNBURY ROVERS / KANGAROOS are having a REUNION DAY. All past players, netballers, committee members, supporters etc inlcuding members of the 2006 / 07 Reserves grade premiership teams are invited to attend.
When: SATURDAY 06th AUGUST 2011
Where: Home game against the "old enemy" Diggers Rest.
Celebrations will continue into the evening with live band Backlash playing.
(no they're not the same band that was meant to play at the 10 year reunion!)
Come along and see the current teams perform (and tell 'em later how much harder it was in your day :D) catch up with old mates and reminisce about the old times - remember, the older you get, the better you were.
Pass the word around and bring along any photos / memorabilia you may have.

You do know they went into recess after that flag, may want to choose a better example next time!

And you want to stick to your own kind!!!!!! What is it with all these tossers trying to bring down and rubbish great clubs like Romsey and Sunbury in the last few posts? P:confused:

"Carldan", I for 1, am a great supporter and a financial sponsor of the Romsey Football Club.

Like many others, you have thrown the bait this year, and I have now taken it.You are another uninformed 'TWIT' who is trying to bring down a team that is hoping to improve the standard of the RDFL.

I have met with, and spoken to all players, over the last 3 weeks, regarding player conditions and payments. I am yet to meet a player who has not been paid what he is owed or is unhappy with the club!!!

I was part of the Gisborne team of the early 90's, when Riddell won the flag in 2nd division, and then went on to win the next 2 in first division. They single handidly, changed the way the RDFL is today, and good on them.

You obviously support a lower ladder team this year, and can't handle the success of others.

Riddell, Sunbury, Diggers, Romsey,etc are trying achieve the best they can, as are others.
As IMS said to Slyone, "bet you never see the private message"

You are a TWIT, and where money issues are concerned, put your name to it!!!

I myself play for for broadford this year who are a lower ladder team but still agree with everything you say mate. The power house sides like romsey, riddel and sunbury only bring a better standard of footy to the rdfl. We plan to be right up there with you guys within the next few years without having to spend the big bucks but if yous have the money there then i say go for it :thumbsu:

G'day Norman,

I'm a bit older than you, judging by your playing history, and seen a few leagues myself. I also know the Riddell players you speak of.
I humbly suggest that if you think your money is helping to improve the league you are kidding yourself. What it does is deny opportunity to developing junior players who will in turn seek their chances elsewhere. In turn, once they do find those opprtunities they will possibly (but not always) become the very types that you currently find yourself paying for now, except some other club will be doing it, and so it goes.
Personally I would rather watch 2 bottom teams full of players who have been developed through the under age teams having a red hot go for their club than 2 teams full of mercenaries playing for a pay check...to me the first is local footy the second is called the AFL.
Now we obviously have a different point of view and frankly,I couldn't care what you do with your money. But if I was you or anyone else putting my hand in my pocket I'd make sure your CLUB was successful rather than your TEAM. Head out today (that's right, in the cold and rain) and throw some of that coin into the juniors, you may be able to find a premiership down the track that didn't cost you an arm and a leg. If you do that you may be able to enjoy a cold one at the footy every week with premiership players rather than having to organize re-unions every 10 years to see them.
I also help the junior footballers down there, and have done for a few years, as my son is now a member of the under 9's in his first year.

We were at the groud this morning, in the rain, for an 8.00am start. Got home tonight after watching all 6 games at 6.00

As for the rest of it, we'll have to agree to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back