RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this weeks games.

Might drive down and catch Sunbury vs Romsey. I know the Sunbury boys think they have their measure after narrowly missing out the last 2 times. Should be a corker.

The battle for second spot should be a cracker. Or is it the battle for third spot???????;)

Big Round of Footy, love the mind games Mongrel

Broadford Vs Macedon
Massive massive game for the Cats, the Roos have been great at home the past few weeks and if they have a full list to choose from (I mean if Burcul plays) then they will be tough for the Cats to topple, Macedon have struggled the past 8 weeks and only just got over the line against a struggling Rockbank last week. The conditions are likely to suit the Roos who have a big bodied midfield led by Marcus Webb. The Cats sit half a game above Wallan and one game clear of Centrals who face each other this week, a loss here will leave them vulnerable with games to come against Kilmore and Centrals.
Macedon by 8 points

Diggers Rest Vs Woodend/Hesket
The Burra host Hawks Coach Glen Hopkins back at his old home for the first time. The Hawks have been great in the past few weeks, capped off with a fantastic win last week against Broadford after pushing Sunbury all the way the week before. The Burra are cruising on the top of the table and should be able to deal with the Hawks at home, but they certainly won't have it all their own way.
Diggers Rest by 35 points

Kilmore Vs Rockbank
The battle for the wooden spoon heats up when the Blues host the Rams. I heard today that Kilmore is the only ground that Rockbank hasn't been able to win at since they returned to the RDFL. That's a pretty big advantage for the Blues. The Rams pushed Macedon all the way last week in a slight turn of form, but they haven't won a game since knocking off the Blues at home in Round 5. The loser of this game will be one step closer to the wooden spoon..
Kilmore by 10 points

Riddell Vs Lancefield
The Bombers should be able to account for the Tigers at home on the weekend and keep themselves on track for a top 3 finish should the Kangaroos fail to defeat either Romsey or Diggers Rest. The Tigers were disappointing against Sunbury on the weekend, but as a young side, it is to be expected. This is another tough one and puts the Tigers back in the hunt for the wooden spoon, which would be a shame.
Riddell by 60 points

Wallan Vs Melton Centrals
Well, what a game this one shapes up as. The Magpies have had a rough month that is capped off with this match up against a Centrals side that is flying. Not all would be lost for the Magpies if they did drop this game as they will still be in the hunt, but Centrals are coming at both them and Macedon, both sides they face in the last 3 weeks. For Centrals, a loss here will just about signal the end of the finals hunt, a win puts them half a game clear of Wallan with a crunch game in the final round against the Cats.
Wallan by 2 points

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Romsey
Despite the mind games, this game is more about the rivalry for Romsey than anything else, whilst for Sunbury, it is their chance to keep Riddell at bay in the chase for 3rd. Yes, if the Kangaroos win they will jump to 2nd place, but Romsey have the "easier" run home of the two. The Kangaroos are the highest scoring and lowest conceded side in the competition. In their 3 losses this year, they have lost by the barest of margins after leading at 3 quarter time of those games. The question mark over the side will be answered this week, can they keep their minds on the job and avoid talking back to umpires or giving away silly free kicks. The Redbacks are cruising along quietly, this week they have the opportunity to make a statement leading into finals, do they want to make it this week?
Sunbury by 5 points.

Can anyone tell me where to find a junior finals fixture? Been looking on RDFL website, can't find anything relating to finals matches.

finalsbutton.jpg

The battle for second spot should be a cracker. Or is it the battle for third spot???????;)

It was a great battle whatever spot it was for. Sunbury keen to prove they belong in the top three, put together four very good quarters of slug it out wet weather football !

Daniel Gregory another good game this week on Davidson, must be pushing up to be selected in team of the year, playing a key role in the leagues stingyest defence.

It was a great battle whatever spot it was for. Sunbury keen to prove they belong in the top three, put together four very good quarters of slug it out wet weather football !

Daniel Gregory another good game this week on Davidson, must be pushing up to be selected in team of the year, playing a key role in the leagues stingyest defence.

What a fantastic 4 quarter team effort by the Roos yesterday, the entire side had focus on the contest and the ball, they put up a disciplined and impressive display, perfect timing for the run into finals, now they have to maintain it, because despite the comments directed my way yesterday, I won't apologize for the fact that the games they lost this year was due to a slip in discipline.

Romsey now face those questions though as they clearly lost their way after half time, they spent most of the second half arguing between each other and ended up with two reports (although one of those reports still has me scratching my head :D)

Best wishes to Shane Bishop and hopefully he comes through ok...

My Votes for the game.

3. Jared Pretty, was the difference between the two sides on the wing, balanced and uses the ball so well.
2. Daniel Gregory, fantastic job on Matt Davidson, not only able to spoil incoming ball but was able to keep his feet and stay in the contest all day.
1. Shane Bishop, Just worked his backside off all day, was at the bottom of the packs and provided so much grunt for the Roos.

Going to be a massive final two weeks, especially for those fighting for 5th and 6th on the ladder, Centrals are right in the mix, but still might need to knock over Macedon in the final round to get there.

Congrats to the Burra Under 18's that picked up their first win on Saturday, the club and Chris Payne have put in some outstanding work to get the side up and running and the win on the weekend was thoroughly deserved.. :thumbsu:

watch diggers on the weekend which resulted in a solid win for diggers , arguably missing 4 of there top liners in Woods, Marsh , Tuckey , Caton. Hoping to see a Full strength Diggers Vs a Full Strength kangas in LAST round should be a cracker !!

Some low scoring matches on the weekend are all grounds suffering from a wet winter? Melton got the jump on Wallan and hung on all day. Fairly solid side Melton Wallan looked to be missing a few heads but still no excuse they had enough of the play but couoldnt penetrate Meltons defense,

Some low scoring matches on the weekend are all grounds suffering from a wet winter? Melton got the jump on Wallan and hung on all day. Fairly solid side Melton Wallan looked to be missing a few heads but still no excuse they had enough of the play but couoldnt penetrate Meltons defense,

Not all grounds are rooted Cal, our ground is holding up ok and should be in good nick for the first week of the finals. Gotta add how appreciative the Kilmore FNC were of all the guys and girls from Rockbank who come in afterwards.
What was the go at Sunbury? Ground a heavy 10 or a hard fought contest between the two 50's? Macedon found some touch at the wrong time damn it, and Wheels has his men still alive with a fortnight to play. Going to be a cracker Rd.18 clash down at Melton.

B. Sylvester Caton Ross
HB. Woods Erwin Marsh
C. Bishop Farmer P. Robertson
HF. Ruane Tuckey Dawson
F. M. Allen M. Davidson Meacham
R. Fishenden B. Henderson Green

I. J. Cuffe Sims Heritage Strieff

My team of the year after round sixteen.

A few changes since last posted.

B. Caton Gregory Marsh
HB. Powell Sylvester Erwin
C. Woods Farmer Heritage
HF. Pretty Tuckey Sonogan
F. Meacham Davidson Ruane
R. Fishenden Bishop Green

I. Mitchell J. Cuffe P. Robertson B. Henderson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team of the year after round sixteen.

A few changes since last posted.

B. Caton Gregory Marsh
HB. Powell Sylvester Erwin
C. Woods Farmer Heritage
HF. Pretty Tuckey Sonogan
F. Meacham Davidson Ruane
R. Fishenden Bishop Green

I. Mitchell J. Cuffe P. Robertson B. Henderson
Coach?

Not all grounds are rooted Cal, our ground is holding up ok and should be in good nick for the first week of the finals. Gotta add how appreciative the Kilmore FNC were of all the guys and girls from Rockbank who come in afterwards.
What was the go at Sunbury? Ground a heavy 10 or a hard fought contest between the two 50's? Macedon found some touch at the wrong time damn it, and Wheels has his men still alive with a fortnight to play. Going to be a cracker Rd.18 clash down at Melton.

Doona The Kangaroos ground is well and truly stuffed. Not only the field but also around it. I seriously dont know how the ground got sighned off on to play on Sat. Riddell and Sunbury on par both shit.

Doona The Kangaroos ground is well and truly stuffed. Not only the field but also around it. I seriously dont know how the ground got sighned off on to play on Sat. Riddell and Sunbury on par both shit.

I spose we've had an old fashioned winter so most grounds would be praying for an early change to spring. Cant remember all the finals venues, I know Kilmore have 1v2 the first week (is it one out on the Satdy?) are the other nominated grounds in ok shape???

On a more serious note - on behalf of everyone involved at the Kilmore FNC I wanna wish wish Peddo all the very best. Not the place to discuss whats happened but just say I hope ya feeling better soon mate. If the events of the past few days don't galvanise the Redbacks and get them up and about, then I dunno what will. Romsey could click into gear from here on in ......

What a fantastic 4 quarter team effort by the Roos yesterday, the entire side had focus on the contest and the ball, they put up a disciplined and impressive display, perfect timing for the run into finals, now they have to maintain it, because despite the comments directed my way yesterday, I won't apologize for the fact that the games they lost this year was due to a slip in discipline.

Romsey now face those questions though as they clearly lost their way after half time, they spent most of the second half arguing between each other and ended up with two reports (although one of those reports still has me scratching my head :D)

Best wishes to Shane Bishop and hopefully he comes through ok...

My Votes for the game.

3. Jared Pretty, was the difference between the two sides on the wing, balanced and uses the ball so well.
2. Daniel Gregory, fantastic job on Matt Davidson, not only able to spoil incoming ball but was able to keep his feet and stay in the contest all day.
1. Shane Bishop, Just worked his backside off all day, was at the bottom of the packs and provided so much grunt for the Roos.

Going to be a massive final two weeks, especially for those fighting for 5th and 6th on the ladder, Centrals are right in the mix, but still might need to knock over Macedon in the final round to get there.

Any news on the above mentioned reports IMS ?

Any news on the above mentioned reports IMS ?

Come on my old mate. U sunbury guys need to stop worrying about what's happening with other clubs and control only what u can. Yes I know it helps your chances if all romseys guns get rubbed out but the bad news is that farmer and Davo will be available for finals. Along with mcnaughton, pretroro, Blake Henderson, Dave Henderson, dale Keenan, Steve burlak, Damian walker, jake bray and all the other players that wouldn't have made a difference in a 2 goal win at sunbury. Just to add more fire I wasn't there either.......But what would I know about sunburys team???????

I thought the best man on the ground was the same one at the end, who had to be carried off after contact to the head. No wonder the afl wants to stop the head contact from happening, love to see the footage from the guy who had it all on his phone. Would show the facts one way or the other. What a great player everyone loved to watch due to his courage and never say die attitude. Sunbury need to take a leaf out of his book to go all the way. Every team would love to have him in there team.

I'm guessing by your post you're talking about kill mores ground and I gotta say that was the worst ground I think I've played on not just for the year but forever there was just mud pit after mud pit.

It might not be too bad at Kyneton. The surface is usually top notch. The sun is shining brightly at Bendigo, but I heard it absolutely belted down in Romsey last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back