RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone's having a go at Michael, it's the rules that needs attending to, the fame isjust about impossible to umpire these days as the rules keep changing and so Many grey areas to contend with, the point that was brought to the table was a player being sent off and the team having to play with 17 players for 15 minutes, if a player is sent off then the rule needs to be changed to allow another player to replace the player sent off.

I agree with you mate, but I suppose the league set the standard by giving Romsey a home final last week. Seems the league has allocated certin finals at certin grounds and if a team has a home ground advantage then so be it.

The R.D.F.L didnt set any standard by giving Romsey a home final. It was just following the exact same format from the previous two seasons. Sunbury finished the home and away season in third spot the previous two seasons and played both finals at home. One against Romsey and last year against Wallan.

Whether it is the right thing to do or not iceman, im not sure.... but thats whats taken place for the past 3 years now:thumbsu:

I don't think anyone's having a go at Michael, it's the rules that needs attending to, the fame isjust about impossible to umpire these days as the rules keep changing and so Many grey areas to contend with, the point that was brought to the table was a player being sent off and the team having to play with 17 players for 15 minutes, if a player is sent off then the rule needs to be changed to allow another player to replace the player sent off.

1st Semi Final - Sunday 2.30pm, Riddell Reserve

Predicted Line-Ups.

DRVsRiddell.jpg

This Year:
Round 2: Riddell 9.6.60 lost to Diggers Rest 18.7.115
Round 14 Diggers Rest 12.13.85 def Riddell 10.7.67

Twice these sides have met this year and the result was fairly emphatic both times in the favor of the Burra. The rivalry built between these two sides over the past 6 or 7 years alone make this a must watch fixture this week, a cut throat final, with the best from both teams ready to fire, controversy over the location and the long standing rivalry... This is what local football finals is about.

Diggers Rest - The Burra were simply outplayed by a side that last week look like they wanted to win more, at least in the 2nd half. In the first half of the game, the Burra played strong defensive football and looked dangerous when they went forward, the pressure in the game was certainly there for all to see. Critical skill errors in the 2nd half by the Burra cost them dearly, the Kangaroos went to a finals level, the Burra didn't, hopefully we get to see that standard lift coming into this week's game. If we see the shaky foot skills and decision making from the Burra creep into this weeks game, they play a side that is deadly when it comes to making an opposition team pay for their errors.
Postive: The Burra will have come out of last weeks game having learned that efficiency by foot is vital at this time of the year and will be certain to improve that output in this week's game. They have the ability to spread from the contest and get the ball flowing, but at times last week seemed as though they were holding back when looking to use the spread, which was pretty well covered by the Roos. The Burra again dominated the game in the first half and if they are able to produce that same football this week, but impact the scoreboard, they could put the Bombers away.
Negative: At times, the Burra find it difficult to score heavily, it can be the downfall that when they are controlling a contest, they are not putting enough space on the opposition on the scoreboard, this was again the case last week, where they dominated general play in the first half. This was what I wrote last week and it proved the case again on the weekend, after the Roos were able to get a run on and hit the front, the Burra were unable to go with them.
Key: Without doubt it is the spread from the stoppage or turnover, the back half provide run, which allows the midfield to have several targets coming from behind the ball, the ability to spread opens up the forward 50 for the forwards to get one on one contests, especially Tuckey, who relishes the one on one contest and is rarely beaten. If the Burra can get on top out of the middle of the ground, they will control the run of the game. If the football becomes stop start, like it did last week, then this provides the advantage to the Bombers who will be able to push the numbers behind the ball and to the contest.
Wildcard: Shane Marchewka - Has played predominantly at CHF since the return of Thompson to the line up, he has the leap and is a great mark and strong kick, this week, with Brayden Allen slated for the role on Tuckey, Marchewka could be even more important, he should spend more time in the ruck against Nolan to create that point of difference, Nolan and Thompson will give a similar output to the game, workhorses in the contest that will go head to head and then position themselves as road blocks down the line. Marchewka can play this role, but also sneak forward and be a very dangerous target.

Riddell - The Bombers come out of last weeks contest with a good strong hitout against the Cats, whilst no one gave the Cats any hope, they were able to push the Bombers all day. With the return of Ben Sonogan to the line up, the Bombers looked balanced and composed though and looked in control of the game. Will the contest provide the Bombers with a strong foothold moving further into the finals series or will the game take too much out of the list. The younger Bombers continue to show their worth though, Rhys Lowry was excellent in defense, while Jarrard Cox was brilliant across half forward and in the middle. The Bombers face a real test here, the Burras being the only side that they have been unable to defeat in 2012.
Postive: The ability to now rotate several young players through the midfield, the Bombers have lost that predictability. The forward set up now rotates through positions making the Bombers forwards extremely dangerous. The form of Jarrod Silvester is also picking up as the season goes on and he feels more comfortable in the line up, his match up with Pete Markworth last week was a ripper.
Negative: The back six, while they have been ever reliable, still have question marks when it comes to height, facing the Burra who have Tuckey, McCabe, Marchewka, Gleeson, Ruane and Laurie up forward, all who can be marking targets. That can be sorted by pushing back Brayden Allen, but that takes away the flexibility the Bombers gain with him in the ruck. Glenn Robertson is also a chance to return after being BOG in the Reserves last week, that will give the Bombers an extra tall that can play back.
Key: The Bombers biggest strength is the ability to back each other in contests and get numbers pushing to the contest, they face a team this week who enjoy the arm wrestle around the stoppage as much as anyone, the key for the Bombers will be winning those contests, because in the two games so far, when the Burra get on top around the contest, the Bombers find it tough to contain their spread.
Wildcard: Levi Moss - Moss has quietly returned to the Bombers line up without fuss, but one thing is for sure, he is definitely a dangerous proposition for opposition sides coming into the finals series, silky skills and exceptional ball winning ability, Moss could have a big say in this contest.

Prediction: This will no doubt be another cracking contest between these two rivals, it might not be the GF that they are used to every 2nd year, but there is plenty on the line. The Burra have had a fantastic season and it would be a tragedy if they were to go out in straight sets, while the Bombers have built beautifully over the course of the season, to be primed for this time of the year, any exit they would see as premature.
Diggers Rest by 18 points.

793143.jpg

The R.D.F.L didnt set any standard by giving Romsey a home final. It was just following the exact same format from the previous two seasons. Sunbury finished the home and away season in third spot the previous two seasons and played both finals at home. One against Romsey and last year against Wallan.

Whether it is the right thing to do or not iceman, im not sure.... but thats whats taken place for the past 3 years now:thumbsu:

I probably used the wrong words in what I was trying to say.
I don't think Romsey were just handed a home final, the point I was trying to get across is I think the league chose which finals were played at which ground a couple of weeks before the ladder was set in stone and if teams happened to get a home final then so be it.

2nd Semi Final - Saturday 2.30pm - Kyneton Showgrounds.

SKVsRom.jpg

This Year:
Round 5: Romsey 11.13.79 def Sunbury Kangaroos 10.12.72
Round 16: Sunbury Kangaroos 7.10.52 def Romsey 5.3.33

Sunbury Kangaroos - The Roos are coming off a fantastic win against the Burra at Kilmore on the weekend, the young Roos players were put under pressure all day but were able to stand tall and carry the side to a win. Captain Jake Powell was the standout through the midfield, not only quelling the influence of Shaun Sims, but providing plenty of drive himself. Young Phil Kaufmann might have just arrived as a senior player, his influence on the game, especially in the 3rd quarter was enormous.
Postive: The belief within the side is growing, they believe at all stages of the game that they are in the contest, reminds me of the Romsey side from last year. The most impressive thing about the current Kangaroos list is the selflessness in the game style, every player is willing and happy to take a back seat if another player is on fire, not only take a back seat, but support them completely, a sometimes rare commodity at local level football.
Negative: If anything was a negative out of last week's game, it would be the ball use going forward in the first half, in a forward 50 with plenty of space, the ball was often pushed deep and wide to the pockets, or bombed to the top of the square, it was always going to be harder to kick goals, the midfield wasn't helped at times with the big forwards calling for the ball long on top of their heads. When the forwards started moving in the 2nd half, the Kangas goal opportunities opened up.
Key: The Roos will need to be on their game this week, the Redbacks will test them at every turn and try to make them reactive. They played it perfectly in the game at Sunbury a few weeks ago and came away with the win, so they will need to stick to their guns this week. The Roos will again look to get the game on their terms as quickly as possible by controlling the tempo of the game, but in the early stages they need the forwards to be on the move so that the midfield have moving targets to kick to.
Wildcard: Mitch Streiff - Had another strong game last week and has stepped up in the absence of Bishop through the midfield. His ability to run and carry the football and break the lines with the ability to kick long on both feet is crucial to the Kangaroos.

Romsey - The big question will be answered this week, are the Redbacks back on track and back in town. They put on a clinic in the opening quarter against Centrals last week, especially Matt Davidson who kicked a "solid" 14 goals for the day. The Redbacks obviously relished the return of the sunshine and will be hoping for much of the same this week. The two games I have seen them outplayed this year have both come on a "heavy" track and if you add the Round 17 loss to Centrals on the day we all thought we might need an ark, the formline in the wet isn't great.
Postive: The swagger was back last week and the Redbacks main forward target was leading the charge. "Davo" bagged another 100 goals this season and after his bag last week will be full of confidence heading into this game against arguably the best Full Back in the competition in 2012.
Negative: Discipline.. It was one of the main reasons for the loss against the Roos earlier in the season, so the Redbacks need to get back to concentrating on winning the contest. There is also the usual injury concerns that have surrounded the Redbacks all year. A couple of key players that might miss through injury could have an impact on the structure, this year though, the Redbacks have the depth to cover them.
Key: Last week, Davidson got his space, especially early, and he had a return of 8 first quarter goals, so the Redbacks need to ensure that he gets the space and the one on one contests inside forward 50 again. If the midfield get space and time to deliver the ball forward, both he and his brother will be tough to shut down on the lead and in one on one contests on the ground.
Wildcard: Ash McNaughton - Has had a relatively injury free season and with the talent in the Redbacks line up is massively underrated. Racks up winning the football and generally uses it pretty well. If McNaughton gets off the leash, the Kangaroos could be in for a long day.

Prediction: This week of football has always been my favorite week of the year. The best 4 sides going at it for the privilege of being a part of the three best sides in the competition and the week before everything tightens up again. Who could have asked for a better match up than last years Grand Finalists going toe to toe for a chance to have a week off and a Grand Final spot for 2012. For those questioning whether or not to travel up to Kyneton for the match, do yourself a favor, don't think, do it, the venue is outstanding, these two clubs have a genuine rivalry and some seriously talented footballers. This game is going to be an absolute ripper.. Think Diggers Rest Vs Woodend/Hesket @ Macedon a few years ago. This could well be a game and day we are still talking about 6 years later!!!!
Sunbury Kangaroos by 1 point in Extra Time.

2053967.jpg

It just doesn't get any better than that pal ! :thumbsu:

Oh.... & this game should be an absolute cracker on Saturday. Do yourselves a favor people and get along to Kyneton to this game cause I reckon we will be talking about this Final for years & years to come, much like we do about that Diggers v Woodend Prelim' at Macedon a few years back which had to be decided in extra time. Weather will be great, venue WILL BE sensational, plenty of talent in both camps. It can't help but be a very very memorable day ! :thumbsu:

I'm pretty sure the rule was slightly altered a couple of years back.
The interpretation was misinterpreted by too many umpires. The rule did state that a player can only be sent from the field after a report. (Seniors)
The problem that was constantly happening, umpires would send players off to calm down then later having to report.
This is an argument that has gone on for years amongst the clubs and league as to the best approach. I think it is not too bad, i have seen in other comps at the first bounce a player put on a block, deemed to be reckless, sent from the field, reported (red card) not to return for the day, replace after 20 min.
I have always been of the opinion that when a player is sent from the field they should be replaced. 20 minutes with 17 men can change the outcome of the game, and as you have said, it comes down to the umpire, what he thinks he saw.

How would you change the rule and how it is implemented?

Well, I agree with mufussa on this one. The send off rule (as it stands today) should ONLY be for the very very serious offences.

Actually IMHO I think the rule had a use buy date. I think that has been reached. And I believe it should be dispensed with. At least at senior level anyway. I think it had a purpose in educating players & eradicating thuggery and I think it has achieved its objective. We are in different times now. The spirit of this rule seems to be a bit ambiguous. And I no longer think the rule is needed or required.
So the short answer is blues12, I'd get rid of it !!!

- 117 posts.. in lets see, six years.. 12 months in a year.. 1.5 posts a month.. that's excessive use..
- Good on you for having a crack at the goals and the boundary back in the day before it became essential for the Association to fill all those positions .. nice work.. good to see you're out there enjoying the game and have been for a long time in various roles..
- Fair call on not giving it a go .. there is no abuse that comes from the sidelines but that's something I won't debate..
- This is the point that made me think twice about responding to this message.. you say that umpires don't get punished and the bad umpires continue to go on and on and on.. I disagree with this statement.. fair enough, you can drop an umpire.. so another umpire has to come and take their place.. more often that's an umpire who has to double up.. so naturally, you are going to get very tired by the second game and not make the best decisions all the time and may umpire to the level of the one you've just dropped for supposively doing a bad performance.. yes, numbers are like that and on a weekly basis, umpires were doubling up because of lack of numbers and if you continue to drop umpires due to poor form, then more umpires will double up..
The reality is .. and its a fact... the amount of extra work that Mike and the coaching staff have done outside their work hours by going to conferences, hosting extra information sessions and ensuring that our field umpires have the best available information and coaching resources that could possibly be accessed.. it is remarkable.. I should just stop replying to these messages.. its not worth going into on a public forum but I'm deeply passionate, respectful and full of admiration for the guys that run the association, especially at coaching level.. I won't accept any negativity on the Association because the guys that run it are the best the Association has had with more resources available to them.. the standard is the best it has been on the field.. and there is none of this 'and the bad umpires keep going on and on and on and on..' especially if you're making reference to a particular umpire, who is a bloody good guy.. we've seen all the leading umpires on more than two occasions and this said umpire has done a great job.. thats a fact.. I'll air this through the radio.. the newspaper.. the record.. webTV if I have to.. because the team is doing a damn good job ..

What the Devil are you smoking ??? It must be some God evil shit, cause I just cant follow your thought process Pal !!! o_O

WHO the Hell is Mike ??? WHY the Hell does he have a coaching staff ??? WHAT Association are you talking about ???
WHO is negative about this Association ??? WHICH Umpire is a bloody good guy ??? WHO is WE ??? :confused:

Are you drunk ???

Perhaps you should indeed stop repling to my posts.........Because you are NOT making any sense ! :confused:o_O:confused:

Please dont drive a car or operate heavy machinery today Chris. :thumbsu:

Oh & 118 posts is not excessive. I NEVER said it was. But thanks to YOUR maths I think we can now call you a...... "Regular" eh ?:)

2nd Semi Final - Saturday 2.30pm - Kyneton Showgrounds.

SKVsRom.jpg

This Year:
Round 5: Romsey 11.13.79 def Sunbury Kangaroos 10.12.72
Round 16: Sunbury Kangaroos 7.10.52 def Romsey 5.3.33

Sunbury Kangaroos - The Roos are coming off a fantastic win against the Burra at Kilmore on the weekend, the young Roos players were put under pressure all day but were able to stand tall and carry the side to a win. Captain Jake Powell was the standout through the midfield, not only quelling the influence of Shaun Sims, but providing plenty of drive himself. Young Phil Kaufmann might have just arrived as a senior player, his influence on the game, especially in the 3rd quarter was enormous.
Postive: The belief within the side is growing, they believe at all stages of the game that they are in the contest, reminds me of the Romsey side from last year. The most impressive thing about the current Kangaroos list is the selflessness in the game style, every player is willing and happy to take a back seat if another player is on fire, not only take a back seat, but support them completely, a sometimes rare commodity at local level football.
Negative: If anything was a negative out of last week's game, it would be the ball use going forward in the first half, in a forward 50 with plenty of space, the ball was often pushed deep and wide to the pockets, or bombed to the top of the square, it was always going to be harder to kick goals, the midfield wasn't helped at times with the big forwards calling for the ball long on top of their heads. When the forwards started moving in the 2nd half, the Kangas goal opportunities opened up.
Key: The Roos will need to be on their game this week, the Redbacks will test them at every turn and try to make them reactive. They played it perfectly in the game at Sunbury a few weeks ago and came away with the win, so they will need to stick to their guns this week. The Roos will again look to get the game on their terms as quickly as possible by controlling the tempo of the game, but in the early stages they need the forwards to be on the move so that the midfield have moving targets to kick to.
Wildcard: Mitch Streiff - Had another strong game last week and has stepped up in the absence of Bishop through the midfield. His ability to run and carry the football and break the lines with the ability to kick long on both feet is crucial to the Kangaroos.

Romsey - The big question will be answered this week, are the Redbacks back on track and back in town. They put on a clinic in the opening quarter against Centrals last week, especially Matt Davidson who kicked a "solid" 14 goals for the day. The Redbacks obviously relished the return of the sunshine and will be hoping for much of the same this week. The two games I have seen them outplayed this year have both come on a "heavy" track and if you add the Round 17 loss to Centrals on the day we all thought we might need an ark, the formline in the wet isn't great.
Postive: The swagger was back last week and the Redbacks main forward target was leading the charge. "Davo" bagged another 100 goals this season and after his bag last week will be full of confidence heading into this game against arguably the best Full Back in the competition in 2012.
Negative: Discipline.. It was one of the main reasons for the loss against the Roos earlier in the season, so the Redbacks need to get back to concentrating on winning the contest. There is also the usual injury concerns that have surrounded the Redbacks all year. A couple of key players that might miss through injury could have an impact on the structure, this year though, the Redbacks have the depth to cover them.
Key: Last week, Davidson got his space, especially early, and he had a return of 8 first quarter goals, so the Redbacks need to ensure that he gets the space and the one on one contests inside forward 50 again. If the midfield get space and time to deliver the ball forward, both he and his brother will be tough to shut down on the lead and in one on one contests on the ground.
Wildcard: Ash McNaughton - Has had a relatively injury free season and with the talent in the Redbacks line up is massively underrated. Racks up winning the football and generally uses it pretty well. If McNaughton gets off the leash, the Kangaroos could be in for a long day.

Prediction: This week of football has always been my favorite week of the year. The best 4 sides going at it for the privilege of being a part of the three best sides in the competition and the week before everything tightens up again. Who could have asked for a better match up than last years Grand Finalists going toe to toe for a chance to have a week off and a Grand Final spot for 2012. For those questioning whether or not to travel up to Kyneton for the match, do yourself a favor, don't think, do it, the venue is outstanding, these two clubs have a genuine rivalry and some seriously talented footballers. This game is going to be an absolute ripper.. Think Diggers Rest Vs Woodend/Hesket @ Macedon a few years ago. This could well be a game and day we are still talking about 6 years later!!!!
Sunbury Kangaroos by 1 point in Extra Time.

2053967.jpg

Thought It may be timely for someone from the Umpiring group to make comment on the last few days of discussion.

The fact is the Umpires Senior Coach is on record stating that in his opinion teams should not play with 17 after a card is given for the simple reason that the player could then go to the tribunal, be found not guilty, yet the team has played with one less. However the umpires are not in control of making the rules and at the moment in remains that teams will play with one less when a card is given.

To clear a few things up and keeping it simple:
Yellow Card: Player may return to the field after 15mins. He cannot be replaced during the 15mins. Yellow cards are used for 'cooling off - non reportable offences' like a late bump, low level abuse of an umpire etc. It can also be used for low level reportable offences that generally attract 1 week.

Red Card: Player may not return to the field AT ALL. He cannot be replaced during the 15mins. Reds cards are given for serious reportable offences that attract 2 weeks or more and must go to the tribunal.

Don't have the stats in front of me, however I don't think we would have had more than 10 Red Cards in seniors for the whole year! They are only given out for the most serious reportable offences.

If we made the simple change that the player could be replaced, I think the system would be very good.

Thanks for your imput Mr RDFL Umpires, its much appreciated.:thumbsu:

I'm interested in your thoughts please regarding your paragraph I've highlighted here.

Would it concern you if reporting Umpires faced with this type of scenario were in fact doing everything in their power to persuade the reported player or his Club to accept the set penalty so it would not be tested at Tribunal level ?

Would it interest you if the reporting Umpire faced with this type of scenario was giving evidence at the Tribunal which dramatically contradicted EVERY other witnesses account of what took place, including the oppositions Captain & the host grounds President ?

Would it be right & proper that Umpires faced with this type of scenario, did everything in their power to convict the reported player so as to justify their actions ?

Is it appropriate for Umpires caught in this type of situation to fabricate their Tribunal evidence in an attempt to "Save Face" ?

What the Devil are you smoking ??? It must be some God evil shit, cause I just cant follow your thought process Pal !!! o_O

WHO the Hell is Mike ??? WHY the Hell does he have a coaching staff ??? WHAT Association are you talking about ???
WHO is negative about this Association ??? WHICH Umpire is a bloody good guy ??? WHO is WE ??? :confused:

Are you drunk ???

Perhaps you should indeed stop repling to my posts.........Because you are NOT making any sense ! :confused:o_O:confused:

Please dont drive a car or operate heavy machinery today Chris. :thumbsu:

Oh & 118 posts is not excessive. I NEVER said it was. But thanks to YOUR maths I think we can now call you a...... "Regular" eh ?:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funniest post ive read for a long time!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael O'Keeffe is the senior coach of the Riddell Umpires Association and has a panel that include coaches of all disciplines of umpiring in OUR competition.. it includes several observers who go out and access the performances of each umpire .. this is the case for every final.. we often sit alongside each other at finals because, you know.. we do broadcast games and we cover every angle there is with the league.. do you have any idea how our league works.. seriously.. you think I'm on the wacky tabacky.. but you're a good guy.. you're a passionate supporter and the club needs people like you to drive it.. come over and say hi on Sunday..

I'm tired and this is sinking down to this person's levels.. but Omni has been one to have a fair crack at our radio calls in the last 12 months and when offered a special comments gig and a chance to do interviews for us on a weekend.. he accepted and then backed down..
He willingly is critical of our umpires.. and yet despite having been a field and goal umpire in years gone by.. doesn't take the time to meet and understand the guys behind it.. I'm stooping to stupid lows on this forum as it is out of character for me and I feel horrible for being critical of someone with a critical opinion.. but I see more criticism and less positiveness from this guy towards anything on here.. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or feel stupid and idiotic for putting these words down.. I would say the latter..

I'm tired and this is sinking down to this person's levels.. but Omni has been one to have a fair crack at our radio calls in the last 12 months and when offered a special comments gig and a chance to do interviews for us on a weekend.. he accepted and then backed down..
He willingly is critical of our umpires.. and yet despite having been a field and goal umpire in years gone by.. doesn't take the time to meet and understand the guys behind it.. I'm stooping to stupid lows on this forum as it is out of character for me and I feel horrible for being critical of someone with a critical opinion.. but I see more criticism and less positiveness from this guy towards anything on here.. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or feel stupid and idiotic for putting these words down.. I would say the latter..

Omni like everybody else is entitled to his opinion Chris.

Umpiring as has been said on here before, is a thankless task, and people will always be critical of umpires one way or the other.

Keep up the great work with your radio commitments, you are doing a great job.

What are your tips for the weekends matches ?

Been scrolling through some of the head to head match ups that could take place this weekend from both games. They are mouth watering to say the least. 4 very even teams across the board. here is some likely match ups to tease any supporter trying to decide whether to turn up or not

1. TUCKEY VS B.ALLEN
2. CATON VS RUFFELL
3. RUANE VS ASH
4. WOODS VS SAMMUT
5. SIMMS VS MOSS
6. MARSHALL VS ROBERTSON
7. HERITAGE VS CLIMAS
8. THOMPSON VS NOLAN
9. BLACK VS SYLVETER
10. RYAN VS BAIRD

1. FISH VS HENDERSON
2. WELSH VS PETRORO
3. OPIE VS MITCHELL
4. MEACHAM VS ERWIN
5. MURPHY VS GREEN
6. PRETTY VS MCNAUGHTON
7. KAUFMANN VS BURLAK
8. STREIFF VS FARMER
9. PLOOG VS DAWSON
10.CUFFE VS LEVER
11. GREGORY VS DAVIDSON

Been scrolling through some of the head to head match ups that could take place this weekend from both games. They are mouth watering to say the least. 4 very even teams across the board. here is some likely match ups to tease any supporter trying to decide whether to turn up or not

1. TUCKEY VS B.ALLEN
2. CATON VS RUFFELL
3. RUANE VS ASH
4. WOODS VS SAMMUT
5. SIMMS VS MOSS
6. MARSHALL VS ROBERTSON
7. HERITAGE VS CLIMAS
8. THOMPSON VS NOLAN
9. BLACK VS SYLVETER
10. RYAN VS BAIRD

1. FISH VS HENDERSON
2. WELSH VS PETRORO
3. OPIE VS MITCHELL
4. MEACHAM VS ERWIN
5. MURPHY VS GREEN
6. PRETTY VS MCNAUGHTON
7. KAUFMANN VS BURLAK
8. STREIFF VS FARMER
9. PLOOG VS DAWSON
10.CUFFE VS LEVER
11. GREGORY VS DAVIDSON

:D

Michael O'Keeffe is the senior coach of the Riddell Umpires Association and has a panel that include coaches of all disciplines of umpiring in OUR competition.. it includes several observers who go out and access the performances of each umpire .. this is the case for every final.. we often sit alongside each other at finals because, you know.. we do broadcast games and we cover every angle there is with the league.. do you have any idea how our league works.. seriously.. you think I'm on the wacky tabacky.. but you're a good guy.. you're a passionate supporter and the club needs people like you to drive it.. come over and say hi on Sunday..

I DO NOT CARE WHO THE UMPIRES ARE or WHO THEIR COACH IS or WHAT THEIR OBSERVERS DO !!!
That clear enough for you ??? o_O
And I really couldn't give a toss HOW our league works. BUT am more than happy that it does !..... Work that is.:thumbsu:

I GO TO THE FOOTBALL TO WATCH THE GAME !.......................................NOT THE UMPIRES !!! :confused:

Although I have many friends that are Umpires (Some of them ARE actually Human too ! :eek: )......& I wish them all well. :thumbsu: I am sure that they will NOT be offended to learn that I go to the Game to watch the Players & the Contest. Not see them running around.

Oh & I eagerly await the day Chris when your broadcast DOES infact "Cover every Angle" !...... But good luck with that. :thumbsu:

So would I ! :thumbsdown:

I'm tired and sinking.. but Omni has a fair crack.. he accepted and then backed down..
He willing.. and yet despite having umpire in years gone by.. doesn't take the time to meet and understand the guys behind.. I'm stooping to low is character for me and I feel someone.. but I see more guy on here.. I don't feel him or feel stupid and idiotic for putting down.. I would say..

By the way, STOP editing other people posts & taking them out of context when replying (It is totally unacceptable & against the rules of the site !)
Otherwise this type of thing (above) can happen !!!
Moreover, continue to enjoy your stay. :) :thumbsu:

It just doesn't get any better than that pal ! :thumbsu:

Oh.... & this game should be an absolute cracker on Saturday. Do yourselves a favor people and get along to Kyneton to this game cause I reckon we will be talking about this Final for years & years to come, much like we do about that Diggers v Woodend Prelim' at Macedon a few years back which had to be decided in extra time. Weather will be great, venue WILL BE sensational, plenty of talent in both camps. It can't help but be a very very memorable day ! :thumbsu:

Great day at Kyneton today. Great venue, great playing surface, congratulations to Woodend fc on putting on a great day.

Well done to the Kangaroos on a fantastic win over Romsey, very good never say die team effort. A well deserved weeks rest, and sit back and watch with interest who of the other three teams make it through to the big one.

Great day at Kyneton today. Great venue, great playing surface, congratulations to Woodend fc on putting on a great day.

Well done to the Kangaroos on a fantastic win over Romsey, very good never say die team effort. A well deserved weeks rest, and sit back and watch with interest who of the other three teams make it through to the big one.

I think Romsey's poor kicking for Goal after half time may have had something to do with the result 1 Goal 10 points

Great day at Riddell today, great crowd, great venue (not so great surface) and a cracking senior game with no influence from the umps ;)

Best 3 sides of 2012 left, and all 3 on their day capable of producing the goods. Sunbury wanting a bruising affair next week no doubt, on a day that promises to be another cracker.

I think Romsey's poor kicking for Goal after half time may have had something to do with the result 1 Goal 10 points
Sunbury 9.10. To Romsey 4.13. I would say both sides had Poor Kicking. Sunbury 4 goals 6, to 1 goal 8, after half time. :confused:

I couldn't get to the game but was able to tune in to 100.7, Its great that we have the radio available, despite what some people may think of the broadcast:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back