RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fitzy is and has always been a very very good coach chris. However there is so much more to coaching than u or anyone yet to do it will ever understand. Im not in any official role at romsey but am still involved so I wont comment further. But there is so much more about coaching than blooding youth and teaching players where to run. Some day I might post here about fund raising, sponsorship, recruiting, structure,and lots of other jobs the really good coaches take upon themselves. Clubs dont hire coaches to blood kids and finish last. Blooding kids is great but u will neva field the calder cannons side because generally a club will have 5 or 6 good kids coming thru not 22. So fund raising, recruiting etc is just as important. Most coaches in this comp do a few things quite well. But not many go that extra yard to do the rest. Oh and im fairly confident that romseys coach would currently be regarded as the comps best coach, but then again sum people didnt beleive farmer was in the comps best side either lmao
Well let me tell you I am also involved at romsey and believe our current coach is one of he best going around but is only as good as the club performs behind the scence ,see a club can be successfully for periods of time if cashed up as clubs have shown and then take a fall but today you will be caught out with out a plan that gives the club longevity so from your president and all in between to the coach etc the club must operate as a team .
As for Mitch farmer he has been disappointing over the past twelve monthsband on 2013 form would not make the best 22 in the leaugue

fitzy is and has always been a very very good coach chris. However there is so much more to coaching than u or anyone yet to do it will ever understand. Im not in any official role at romsey but am still involved so I wont comment further. But there is so much more about coaching than blooding youth and teaching players where to run. Some day I might post here about fund raising, sponsorship, recruiting, structure,and lots of other jobs the really good coaches take upon themselves. Clubs dont hire coaches to blood kids and finish last. Blooding kids is great but u will neva field the calder cannons side because generally a club will have 5 or 6 good kids coming thru not 22. So fund raising, recruiting etc is just as important. Most coaches in this comp do a few things quite well. But not many go that extra yard to do the rest. Oh and im fairly confident that romseys coach would currently be regarded as the comps best coach, but then again sum people didnt beleive farmer was in the comps best side either lmao

I'll start by saying Pedo is a great coach, no argument. I have no idea really what extra is required to be a coach, or how much each coach does, but one thing which can easily be observed is Romsey is not a struggling club and has lots of support (ie committee). In regards to Fitzy at woodend, do you know that he isn't doing those things listed above???? I had a conversation with him only 3 weeks ago where he said that he and the committee are having meetings to rebuild the club. Working on getting new sponsors, getting the woodend community involved again and getting
the club back to where they want to be. If they have a few extra dollars and support then recruits and success will follow. So in fairness to Fitzy, i think he needs to credited for his work because he didn't walk in on a gold mine.

Well let me tell you I am also involved at romsey and believe our current coach is one of he best going around but is only as good as the club performs behind the scence ,see a club can be successfully for periods of time if cashed up as clubs have shown and then take a fall but today you will be caught out with out a plan that gives the club longevity so from your president and all in between to the coach etc the club must operate as a team .
As for Mitch farmer he has been disappointing over the past twelve monthsband on 2013 form would not make the best 22 in the leaugue
Hey GOOD RESULT cut all the shit, Romsey has been a power house for many many many years the club has always ran as a team just look at our record over the last 15 years or so, with also great people leading our club pres, Vic pres,sec,and treasuries,asst coaches, coaches,netballers, and a likes they have all been great people so you say your involved well who the F*** r u cause with all your shit our club dont want you ????? hey also been reading a few of your older post I'M no bright spark going to Broady west tech as a teen but you want to have a hard look at yourself and your spelling champ, maybe u went to the same school as me?? just you a question??? maybe form 2 was the best 3 years of your life???? as i said F*** off and leave the real people to have a crack as they HAVE done for 15 years not a bad record i reckon....GOOD RESULT.... ;) and as for young Mitch farmer he has had a lot of injuries this year you cant blame a footballer for that now can you GOOD RESULT but u just come on here as u say you are one of us ????? F*** OFF dont think so and bag our players ??? Mitch will be right this week to play and will b up and about just in time for another of our WHAT 12 out 15 finals campaign..... never bag your own bad move:thumbsdown:

I'll start by saying Pedo is a great coach, no argument. I have no idea really what extra is required to be a coach, or how much each coach does, but one thing which can easily be observed is Romsey is not a struggling club and has lots of support (ie committee). In regards to Fitzy at woodend, do you know that he isn't doing those things listed above???? I had a conversation with him only 3 weeks ago where he said that he and the committee are having meetings to rebuild the club. Working on getting new sponsors, getting the woodend community involved again and getting
the club back to where they want to be. If they have a few extra dollars and support then recruits and success will follow. So in fairness to Fitzy, i think he needs to credited for his work because he didn't walk in on a gold mine.
Great post mate and time will tell. He has done it before and he will do it again. Just hope he doesn't beat the Rams along the way

wtf? Farmer is injured!!!! Dane beams must also be a hack cos his year has been terrible lol. Mitch farmer id the best kick to a leading forward ive seen in the rdfl. He could masturbate on the sidelines and would still be top 5 picked in the interleague side

Determining who is the best coach is very subjective. Obviously there are some very good coaches in the RDFL. However how do you judge who's the best, a lot of factors come into play, budget, list, quality of support staff, ability to draw players to the club, not to mention all the extra duties already mentioned in previous posts.

Is the coach a good match day coach, teacher, strategist, motivator, can he get the best out of his list, how does he react under pressure, list management, indentifying positional and tactical changes required at the right time, etc, etc.

Hard to judge who's best, because is the playing field level for all coaches ?

I think they all deserve a big pat on the back for what they do.

I would have to say, that from the outside the Lancefield coach has done a great job with the list at his disposal. Seven wins, currently sitting fifth on the ladder, granted a difficult run home, but a realistic chance of making finals.

Hats off to him I reckon.

Determining who is the best coach is very subjective. Obviously there are some very good coaches in the RDFL. However how do you judge who's the best, a lot of factors come into play, budget, list, quality of support staff, ability to draw players to the club, not to mention all the extra duties already mentioned in previous posts.

Is the coach a good match day coach, teacher, strategist, motivator, can he get the best out of his list, how does he react under pressure, list management, indentifying positional and tactical changes required at the right time, etc, etc.

Hard to judge who's best, because is the playing field level for all coaches ?

I think they all deserve a big pat on the back for what they do.

I would have to say, that from the outside the Lancefield coach has done a great job with the list at his disposal. Seven wins, currently sitting fifth on the ladder, granted a difficult run home, but a realistic chance of making finals.

Hats off to him I reckon.

that was my point earlier let there be rock! A great coach creates money for the club. A great coach sources players to get to the top. I dont accept that someone is a great coach if they are down the bottom of the ladder. Different if its their first or second year and they are building but once again the best coaches do whatever it takes to get to the top.too many people make excuses about money, lists, youth, rebuilding etc etc etc. That doesnt get your club results.

that was my point earlier let there be rock! A great coach creates money for the club. A great coach sources players to get to the top. I dont accept that someone is a great coach if they are down the bottom of the ladder. Different if its their first or second year and they are building but once again the best coaches do whatever it takes to get to the top.too many people make excuses about money, lists, youth, rebuilding etc etc etc. That doesnt get your club results.

Spot on Mongrel, I don't see it as making excuses. It is what it is in my case and like I was quoted as saying this week if I'm the reason players, supporters, sponsors aren't supporting Kilmore then I can't/wont realistically put myself ahead of the club because I simply like coaching.

As you suggest we're all accountable to these part time businesses these days and it still has to be results driven.

Yes, but Riddell won a flag in the 90s and then folded up. Macedon also went bust. Lancefield was crippled in the late 90s when it was ghost town. Kept under-18s who won a flag and rebuilt.

While premierships are the pinnacle, people shouldn't underestimate how important it is to these small towns and communities to have a football and netball club. Kilmore is struggling this year, and there's probably not as many people at Clancy Reserve on a Saturday as there were a few years ago, but I bet it's still hard to get a car park on the fence.

I'm all for winning, but clubs have a responsibility to spend within their means. Most local footy clubs just about need a full-time general manager these days considering what the turnover is.

Romsey has been one of the strongest clubs in the modern era and probably will always be a strong club. But Kilmore will bounce back, Wallan will have its day again, Broadford will win a flag sooner or later and Rupertswood will flex its muscle at some stage. You can't spend money on players if you don't have it. Winning a flag will bring in more supporters, but it doesn't necessarily cover the cost.

I know that Lancefield suffered badly when it lost its footy club. A town isn't a town with a footy club. The problem with country footy these days is that people have forgotten what it's about. It used to be about having a kick with your mates. Now clubs hold reviews and go through vision and do recovery sessions.

There can only be one winner each year and if success determines enjoyment then we're in a lot of trouble.

Yes, but Riddell won a flag in the 90s and then folded up. Macedon also went bust. Lancefield was crippled in the late 90s when it was ghost town. Kept under-18s who won a flag and rebuilt.

While premierships are the pinnacle, people shouldn't underestimate how important it is to these small towns and communities to have a football and netball club. Kilmore is struggling this year, and there's probably not as many people at Clancy Reserve on a Saturday as there were a few years ago, but I bet it's still hard to get a car park on the fence.

I'm all for winning, but clubs have a responsibility to spend within their means. Most local footy clubs just about need a full-time general manager these days considering what the turnover is.

Romsey has been one of the strongest clubs in the modern era and probably will always be a strong club. But Kilmore will bounce back, Wallan will have its day again, Broadford will win a flag sooner or later and Rupertswood will flex its muscle at some stage. You can't spend money on players if you don't have it. Winning a flag will bring in more supporters, but it doesn't necessarily cover the cost.

I know that Lancefield suffered badly when it lost its footy club. A town isn't a town with a footy club. The problem with country footy these days is that people have forgotten what it's about. It used to be about having a kick with your mates. Now clubs hold reviews and go through vision and do recovery sessions.

There can only be one winner each year and if success determines enjoyment then we're in a lot of trouble.
Good to see you have still been keeping a eye on us down here Mathew always good to here from you ??? HAY GOOD RESULT NO COME BACK??

Spot on Mongrel, I don't see it as making excuses. It is what it is in my case and like I was quoted as saying this week if I'm the reason players, supporters, sponsors aren't supporting Kilmore then I can't/wont realistically put myself ahead of the club because I simply like coaching.

As you suggest we're all accountable to these part time businesses these days and it still has to be results driven.

definately doona. Im sure most people would agree that guys like yourself, lancefields coach, fitzy and leeroy are all doing everything possible to rebuild your clubs and are all on the right track!!!

Beleive me I have nothing but respect for all the coaches in the comp.

I can only relay my thoughts about the two clubs ive been involved with. Firstly pedo for romsey not only is a great coach with previous premiership success and tactically one of the best ive seen, but also does all the other stuff I mentioned earlier. He recruits, he sources sponsorship, he goes far and beyond what the normal job description entails.

when I coached the kangas I had the support of the president alan walters and we would talk on the phone ten times a day. Id find the players and we would put our heads together and source the funds to get them. We were forever coming up with plans to raise money, organise functions, fundraises,etc etc etc. Whateva we needed we chased. So my point remains, u can be a good coach and just run a football department or u can be a great coach and do far and beyond the normal job description. Hopefully that adds some insight to any aspiring or current coaches to look outside the box. Because some of that extra effort could see teams like centrals, rockbank,wallan etc push right up the ladder in the next few years

definately doona. Im sure most people would agree that guys like yourself, lancefields coach, fitzy and leeroy are all doing everything possible to rebuild your clubs and are all on the right track!!!

Beleive me I have nothing but respect for all the coaches in the comp.

I can only relay my thoughts about the two clubs ive been involved with. Firstly pedo for romsey not only is a great coach with previous premiership success and tactically one of the best ive seen, but also does all the other stuff I mentioned earlier. He recruits, he sources sponsorship, he goes far and beyond what the normal job description entails.

when I coached the kangas I had the support of the president alan walters and we would talk on the phone ten times a day. Id find the players and we would put our heads together and source the funds to get them. We were forever coming up with plans to raise money, organise functions, fundraises,etc etc etc. Whateva we needed we chased. So my point remains, u can be a good coach and just run a football department or u can be a great coach and do far and beyond the normal job description. Hopefully that adds some insight to any aspiring or current coaches to look outside the box. Because some of that extra effort could see teams like centrals, rockbank,wallan etc push right up the ladder in the next few years
Well said Mongrel spoke like a true man who loves to be around and has helped build 2 great clubs that what they are today,loves the people,the clubs, the league, and what more very passionate and loyal person......As for you GOOD RESULT there is a town not that far away that needs a pres, vice pres, sec, treas, and a couple more players they have already a few lambs running around there oval only have to DAG there asses and they need sponsors so be quick its called TOOBORAC they would love you its a 1 man gig there come clean????????

Well said Mongrel spoke like a true man who loves to be around and has helped build 2 great clubs that what they are today,loves the people,the clubs, the league, and what more very passionate and loyal person......As for you GOOD RESULT there is a town not that far away that needs a pres, vice pres, sec, treas, and a couple more players they have already a few lambs running around there oval only have to DAG there asses and they need sponsors so be quick its called TOOBORAC they would love you its a 1 man gig there come clean????????

I used to love going to the footy at Tooby as a kid, quite often it has been commented that someone should fix it up and perhaps have it available in winter if grounds in the area were "unplayable."

I always argued that being one of the HDFL clubs it woulda been an ideal joint for a finals venue, or for interleague etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol it's so easy to get people fired up of course romsey is and has and will continue to be a great club never bagged any one from the past and of course farmer has injuries only stating the obvious if he was not injuired would have obviously made the team.
As for my spelling yep have a disability and not ashamed to mention it so perhaps if there isn't anything more important to bag but my spelling continue to do it have had to deal with it since I was 9 years old but I have a crack ,

As for the footy have been involved in the past a while ago and are one of those great people that was involved not bagging the club was making a point on how clubs not romsey can be successfully they have shown that and as explained the formula ain't hard
Chill out boys and don't read between the lines

Also again re farmer he is not in good form was not saying he was not good or capable obviously had lots of injuries

Good result can u explain to some of us less intelligent people how farmer is not in good form? All the romsey people on here are suggesting that he is out injured????? It would seem a difficult concept to be playing good football from the sidelines???? Ohhh and mongrel especially if he is busy masturbating as u posted earlier. ABSOLUTE GOLD

Good result can u explain to some of us less intelligent people how farmer is not in good form? All the romsey people on here are suggesting that he is out injured????? It would seem a difficult concept to be playing good football from the sidelines???? Ohhh and mongrel especially if he is busy masturbating as u posted earlier. ABSOLUTE GOLD
Once again just was commenting people need to take a chill pill no one having a go at any one and yes as I stated he has been injuired and in out of side so has not got form !
That what the conversation was about so stop jumping up and down boys it was just a view
Obviously if he was not injuired so much would have better form drrrr that's obvious no one having a crack at his ability
Grow up boys !!!!

Once again just was commenting people need to take a chill pill no one having a go at any one and yes as I stated he has been injuired and in out of side so has not got form !
That what the conversation was abouYt so stop jumping up and down boys it was just a view
Obviously if he was not injuired so much would have better form drrrr that's obvious no one having a crack at his ability
Grow up boys !!!!
also it's a women's opinion shit you guys really take this crap serious it's only a game boys

Sorry to divert away from Romsey talk but does anyone know when finals venues will be announced? Any whispers? Have not heard a great deal. Is the gf locked in for Lancefield?

also it's a women's opinion shit you guys really take this crap serious it's only a game boys
"It's a woman's opinion", Good Result? Seems the RDFL Big Footy forum may have its first transsexual member. Welcome aboard. This time last week your profile mentioned you were a 45 year old male. Now it says you are female!! You have had a busy week, sex change and 50 odd posts on this site. Lets hope the change goes better than your first 2 weeks on here!

Thanks for the ugly thoughts of you getting geared up in your wifes dresses when shes at work.
What you do in your personal time other than drinking coffee is your business, but thumbs up to you you for coming out of the closet!

"It's a woman's opinion", Good Result? Seems the RDFL Big Footy forum may have its first transsexual member. Welcome aboard. This time last week your profile mentioned you were a 45 year old male. Now it says you are female!! You have had a busy week, sex change and 50 odd posts on this site. Lets hope the change goes better than your first 2 weeks on here![/quot

hahahahaha who was the moron that bagged this thread a month ago for being dead???? Ooops it was me. Sum funny posts getting around at the moment.

good result has been great value!!!! I might have to take u out on a date.its the whole lady boy thing its turning me on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back