RDFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bomber5 said:
Would Timmy still be available for the Under 18's at Macedon? Had a terrific season with the Mores, played a significant role in their premiership side

Tim will be too old for 18's now.. Will also be a very handy senior player in this comp....

Woodend Information

Can anyone here give me a bit of a run down on the Woodend Football Club? How are they looking for this season and where are their strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks! :thumbsu:

Can anyone here give me a bit of a run down on the Woodend Football Club? How are they looking for this season and where are their strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks!

caveman said:

Thanks!

Should go real close, but I did hear at work today that coach Gonzales has told the playing group that they must play 2 practice games if they're to be considered for round 1 - tough call with Woodend still alive in the cricket finals.
This is what happens in country towns footy rolls in cricket rolls into footy and so on . . .

good news for kilmore... the "freak" matt robertson has returned from the whitsundays and was on the training track last night!

Interesting young man Matty, hope for Kilmore's sake he hangs about. Hey Gazz or Van have the club planned a reunion for the Buddy Fatchen coached reserves side of 1996?

On the reunion front Lancefield won the seniors in 1996 so I guess there'd be a back to at Tigerland also during the season

I went down to watch the sunbury roo's play their intra club last nite, a few new faces round the club including 2 talls who dominated play across the board and a young rover looking player, one of the talls looked to be sporting an old benalla saints jumper and the rover was wearing a now no existant cgfl interleague jumper, does ne one no who these new blokes are and are they playing there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zippa said:
I went down to watch the sunbury roo's play their intra club last nite, a few new faces round the club including 2 talls who dominated play across the board and a young rover looking player, one of the talls looked to be sporting an old benalla saints jumper and the rover was wearing a now no existant cgfl interleague jumper, does ne one no who these new blokes are and are they playing there?

Word has it that Sunbury gun Sam Young is playing with the Sunbury Kangaroos-Great for the roos if so. Can anyone confirm or deny this strong rumour. A quick kick in the guts for Nifty Need more money Massina. I'm led to believe he is trying to get Dale Cuinik back to Kyneton after refering to him and others in a similar position as part-time footballers (quoted in the Midland Express). Surely his infested dribble has finally caught up with him. Maybe Nev should relax, take a dribble pill and throw on a beatles record -after all Nifty 'Money can't buy you love'.

woody07 said:
Word has it that Sunbury gun Sam Young is playing with the Sunbury Kangaroos-Great for the roos if so. Can anyone confirm or deny this strong rumour. A quick kick in the guts for Nifty Need more money Massina. I'm led to believe he is trying to get Dale Cuinik back to Kyneton after refering to him and others in a similar position as part-time footballers (quoted in the Midland Express). Surely his infested dribble has finally caught up with him. Maybe Nev should relax, take a dribble pill and throw on a beatles record -after all Nifty 'Money can't buy you love'.

Where talking about a guy who is a Victorian Country Footy selector Woody. What have you ever done in the world of Football? Sat in a pub knockin back cold ones pretending you know what your talking about? I'm a Bendigo bloke but I happen to know that Neville Massina is a quality coach.:mad:

Toadfooty said:
Where talking about a guy who is a Victorian Country Footy selector Woody. What have you ever done in the world of Football? Sat in a pub knockin back cold ones pretending you know what your talking about? I'm a Bendigo bloke but I happen to know that Neville Massina is a quality coach.:mad:

at last we have found nevs love child (or is this nev himself ) what is his track record the last 6 years or so :eek:

BIGPAWS23 said:
at last we have found nevs love child (or is this nev himself ) what is his track record the last 6 years or so :eek:

He's coached a V.F.L club, what have you done sunshine?:cool:

Toadfooty said:

there has been many coaches that have coached at V.F.L. level without leaving thier club with a bebt <so whats youre point Toadfooty:confused:

BIGPAWS23 said:
there has been many coaches that have coached at V.F.L. level without leaving thier club with a bebt <so whats youre point Toadfooty:confused:

hey hey hey whats the go
ive got gossip that you want to know
the hawkes are squawkin lots of talk
if the coach dont listen some will walk
some are saying he is a gun
some are saying he's got it all wrong
i am backing the tigers to win
and nev will have the final grin

Toadfooty said:

Toe rag,
Remind me about Nevs track record when he coached the Bendigo Bombers Sunshine or his last couple years at Marybourough, or the state he left the club in. Perhaps you can let me know whether he has ever coached a side without a extremely large cheque book. Surely the true test a of a fantastic coach is how they can assemble a side and structure a game plan and eventually win games without a s>hit load of money. Granted he's won a couple of premierships but at what cost- Here's something to ponder toadfish After coaching Woodend for several years and drying up their funds they struggled for the next five or six years. After coaching Maryborough and leaving the club in debt, they to have struggled to survive since. And guess where Kyneton's heading (see the pattern that is starting to emerge). So yes this may be coming from a bloke who drinks at a pub and shares his views and opinions on footy-but isn't that what this website is all about? Don’t get upset about the opinions of blokes that make this website so successful Toadaway. Just out of intereset frog legs what's your idea of a quality coach?

woody07 said:
Toe rag,
Remind me about Nevs track record when he coached the Bendigo Bombers Sunshine or his last couple years at Marybourough, or the state he left the club in. Perhaps you can let me know whether he has ever coached a side without a extremely large cheque book. Surely the true test a of a fantastic coach is how they can assemble a side and structure a game plan and eventually win games without a s>hit load of money. Granted he's won a couple of premierships but at what cost- Here's something to ponder toadfish After coaching Woodend for several years and drying up their funds they struggled for the next five or six years. After coaching Maryborough and leaving the club in debt, they to have struggled to survive since. And guess where Kyneton's heading (see the pattern that is starting to emerge). So yes this may be coming from a bloke who drinks at a pub and shares his views and opinions on footy-but isn't that what this website is all about? Don’t get upset about the opinions of blokes that make this website so successful Toadaway. Just out of intereset frog legs what's your idea of a quality coach?

I think a quality coach needs two things- A quality commitee and quality footy support staff. Obviously for Maryborough to be so far in debt with the injuries they had in 2004, the commitee was obviously not working to full capacity. A great coach has to have fresh ideas and be happy for players to push themeselves to the next level, I.e- Scerri, Orton, Ruffle (Bendigo Bombers) and there is another at the Pioneers as well. And a coach (just like a player) must stand the test of time.

Geez, u r really copping a bucketload on this thread, TF.
My comments, by comparison, on the BFL thread are very mild but I agree in the main with the thoughts of your combatant on here.

Toadfooty said:
I think a quality coach needs two things- A quality commitee and quality footy support staff. Obviously for Maryborough to be so far in debt with the injuries they had in 2004, the commitee was obviously not working to full capacity. A great coach has to have fresh ideas and be happy for players to push themeselves to the next level, I.e- Scerri, Orton, Ruffle (Bendigo Bombers) and there is another at the Pioneers as well. And a coach (just like a player) must stand the test of time.

History tells me Toad that Nev has not stood the test of time with several of the clubs he has coached-so by your own definition Nev is not a great coach. And yes a good coach needs valuable support from a loyal committee, however by all reports if Nev doesn't rate a committee member their time in that position is numbered i.e Justin Murphy Ex president of Kyneton. Sometimes blaming the committee can be a cop-out rather than genuine excuse for things gone wrong. I'd love to see Nev coach for under ten thousand dollars at a club that is middle of the road and see how he goes. At this point in time he's coaching for anywhere between 15,000 -20,000 dollars (depends who you listen to) and failed to get a middle of the road team(I’m being generous) like Kyneton a finals birth. I hate to say it Toad the signs are not great this year-with 17 transfers lodged at this stage for players to go elsewhere-If he was a good a coach as you make him out to be, why are there so many players leaving, surely it's not coincidence! It's great to see a few of the boys you have mentioned try for the next level, but is that Nev pushing them or is the aforementioned taking on that responsibility themselves. Word has it Mark Scerri was always going to try out for the Bendigo Bombers regardless of Nevs input. You're obviously a fan of Massinas but i've listened to him talk (mainly dribble) on a number of occasions and witnessed first hand how he runs his football department-On both fronts i dont rate him. Perhaps he's a nice guy!!! Looking forward to your response Toad-It's my last word on this issue because this is a RDFL thread-My apologies to fellow threaders for putting up with mine and Toads dribble (interesting dribble none-the-less).

woody07 said:
History tells me Toad that Nev has not stood the test of time with several of the clubs he has coached-so by your own definition Nev is not a great coach. And yes a good coach needs valuable support from a loyal committee, however by all reports if Nev doesn't rate a committee member their time in that position is numbered i.e Justin Murphy Ex president of Kyneton. Sometimes blaming the committee can be a cop-out rather than genuine excuse for things gone wrong. I'd love to see Nev coach for under ten thousand dollars at a club that is middle of the road and see how he goes. At this point in time he's coaching for anywhere between 15,000 -20,000 dollars (depends who you listen to) and failed to get a middle of the road team(I’m being generous) like Kyneton a finals birth. I hate to say it Toad the signs are not great this year-with 17 transfers lodged at this stage for players to go elsewhere-If he was a good a coach as you make him out to be, why are there so many players leaving, surely it's not coincidence! It's great to see a few of the boys you have mentioned try for the next level, but is that Nev pushing them or is the aforementioned taking on that responsibility themselves. Word has it Mark Scerri was always going to try out for the Bendigo Bombers regardless of Nevs input. You're obviously a fan of Massinas but i've listened to him talk (mainly dribble) on a number of occasions and witnessed first hand how he runs his football department-On both fronts i dont rate him. Perhaps he's a nice guy!!! Looking forward to your response Toad-It's my last word on this issue because this is a RDFL thread-My apologies to fellow threaders for putting up with mine and Toads dribble (interesting dribble none-the-less).
woody your facts are spot on will just see what happens through the year! HE IS A NEV SUPPORTER wonder if nev coached him??? he does have a lot say if nev did coach him he must be loaded

hawkeye60 said:
woody your facts are spot on will just see what happens through the year! HE IS A NEV SUPPORTER wonder if nev coached him??? he does have a lot say if nev did coach him he must be loaded "rich toad"
woody what else is happening their? any gos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back