RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question????

Would Clarke oval be the grand final venue if it WAS NOT a goldfields ground???

Next step mark my words will be goldfields talking about clubs in the rdfl merging!!!!

Here is a question for you how can Clarke Oval not be up to standard to host a BFL final but is up to standard to host the RDFL Grand Final very confusing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here is a question for you how can Clarke Oval not be up to standard to host a BFL final but is up to standard to host the RDFL Grand Final very confusing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It not that it’s not up to standard, the BFL doesn’t like to hold finals this far “east”. The Marsh is as far as they will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s also interesting to note that most people on here want Romsey to host the grand final, yet only a few years ago when Romsey were challenging we were all calling for a neutral venue. Clarke oval seems to be the obvious choice to me for a neutral venue.

You say most people on here.Im certain that’s untrue

Why can’t the time keepers perform this at the end of each quarter and team mangers load in the rest of the info when finished ,sometimes we wait days for it to be loaded it’s not rocket science.........
At Macedon, they can't get internet reception on the tablets that run on a wireless internet signal .. I know when we were calling games there, we had to politely ask the club to stop using the eftpos machine so we could plug in directly into the broadband .. we had so many drop outs there it wasn't funny .. we also got slaughtered at Lancefield and Diggers Rest too .. out of all the grounds in the RDFNL; Macedon, Diggers Rest and Lancefield were the hardest to get a wireless signal.. I don't know why it's different for phones.. but it makes sense..
We actually had our best wireless reception at Riddell because the tower was at the ground.. we never had any problems broadcasting there using our wireless internet.. in fact the signal was so good, we could increase our quality of sound going out from our mixer.
It could be done on the phone; personally, I have no idea.. Maryborough clubs have the same problem, which is why it is extremely unlikely youll get live scores from those grounds .. unless someone has a laptop plugged into the broadband directly and not running off wireless.. I know Ballarat has to run live scores, but they get great wireless reception at all their grounds anyway.. geographically they are better position to the towers.
There are probably more tech heads out there that could explain it easier =)

At Macedon, they can't get internet reception on the tablets that run on a wireless internet signal .. I know when we were calling games there, we had to politely ask the club to stop using the eftpos machine so we could plug in directly into the broadband .. we had so many drop outs there it wasn't funny .. we also got slaughtered at Lancefield and Diggers Rest too .. out of all the grounds in the RDFNL; Macedon, Diggers Rest and Lancefield were the hardest to get a wireless signal.. I don't know why it's different for phones.. but it makes sense..
We actually had our best wireless reception at Riddell because the tower was at the ground.. we never had any problems broadcasting there using our wireless internet.. in fact the signal was so good, we could increase our quality of sound going out from our mixer.
It could be done on the phone; personally, I have no idea.. Maryborough clubs have the same problem, which is why it is extremely unlikely youll get live scores from those grounds .. unless someone has a laptop plugged into the broadband directly and not running off wireless.. I know Ballarat has to run live scores, but they get great wireless reception at all their grounds anyway.. geographically they are better position to the towers.
There are probably more tech heads out there that could explain it easier =)

If you can get internet on phones why cant these clubs set up a phone as a WIFI hotspot for several minutes to update quarterly.
Im no tech head but i would assume you would not need super high speeds

If you can get internet on phones why cant these clubs set up a phone as a WIFI hotspot for several minutes to update quarterly.
Im no tech head but i would assume you would not need super high speeds
That's a good point.. I'll raise a few other questions..
- How much does that cost?
- How many other clubs in the competition and the region has it?
- Who is able to set it up?
- Is it worth arranging with a month to go in the home and away season?
- Out of the endless things club volunteers are currently doing, where would this sit in their priority list?
- Currently, how many people use the software to follow the scores LIVE.. 100? 1000? 10,000?
- Is it an easy set up?
If I looked at answering those questions personally, I'd have no idea on all of them.

- Out of the endless things club volunteers are currently doing, where would this sit in their priority list?
- Currently, how many people use the software to follow the scores LIVE.. 100? 1000? 10,000?
- Is it an easy set up?
If I looked at answering those questions personally, I'd have no idea on all of them.

You can run a hot spot through your phone - don't need anything else - no cost, only the data of the person's phone.

Simple as - on an Iphone, turn on personal hotspot, log the ipad in using the relevant password - Off you go .....

Absolutely no excuse not to at least post quarter by quarter scores.

Macedon is very poor for either 3g or 4g so I don't think that is as easy an option as you think. It is fine in Sunbury but not out there.
That’s it then Goldfields Announcement all games at Macedon for the remainder of 2018 are moved to Clarke Oval due to inability to get 3G 4G or any giggle bites for reception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe this is the most telling reason for a lack of scores, and I’m sure people will say it’s easy to do but some clubs struggle for volunteers and they have a handful of people running around like lunatics all day doing other jobs and the live scores just doesn’t rank high enough in importance, and in my opinion nor should it.

I know we live in an age of people wanting their information immediately but is it really that big a deal? I go and watch my team most weeks and when I get home I jump online and catch up with what’s gone on around the rest of the league. If it is really that important for you to know the score of a game at every second of the day then go to the game, they will have a scoreboard.

On another note Centrals had a great win on Saturday against Woodend, was good to see our young team get some reward for effort after a tough run against a lot of the top teams.

Personally would like to see some more football talk on this forum, not so long ago this was one of the best getting around!

I believe this is the most telling reason for a lack of scores, and I’m sure people will say it’s easy to do but some clubs struggle for volunteers and they have a handful of people running around like lunatics all day doing other jobs and the live scores just doesn’t rank high enough in importance, and in my opinion nor should it.

I know we live in an age of people wanting their information immediately but is it really that big a deal? I go and watch my team most weeks and when I get home I jump online and catch up with what’s gone on around the rest of the league. If it is really that important for you to know the score of a game at every second of the day then go to the game, they will have a scoreboard.

On another note Centrals had a great win on Saturday against Woodend, was good to see our young team get some reward for effort after a tough run against a lot of the top teams.

Personally would like to see some more football talk on this forum, not so long ago this was one of the best getting around!
Was also a great league that’s gone to the shit also

It's easy to say why not go to a game, but many people are at games wanting scores from other games. There's many reasons why people want scores during the game, and if live scores aren't provided in some cases, details aren't being updated until 3-4 hours after the game.
Live scores are compulsory in other leagues, and considering the league is providing the equipment they should be compulsory in this league too.
This has been an issue for a number of years, and something that should have been addressed a while go.
If there's no reception at grounds for live scores look at other methods to provide scores for every quarter. All clubs have social media, it takes a minute to post the score at the end of every quarter.

I agree, as frustrating as it is there are far more important issues but the ability to broadcast in this era of technology is a pretty handy way of self promoting both league and club.
I know myself if I'm tied up at footy myself, or whatever RDFL game Im at I can always get a score from dudes at all games but the APPs are bloody handy too when utilised correctly.

FWIW I vote Macedon FC should get Beats to do their live scoring - I'm yet to not access a score from a Macedon game so his personal coverage must the best up on the Mountain or whatever spot he watches from set up the timekeepers there :D:p:thumbsu:

Was also a great league that’s gone to the shit also

Plenty in worse positions unfortunately Dave but of course could be better.

I must admit having been around the Riddel District a bit over the last month I regret not biting the bullet and coming for a kick in the league when I had the option. Some of your venues and the settings they are in are awesome. Appreciate what you have got and work to make it great again.

To those clubs thinking of getting out I reckon you have rocks in your head!

Plenty in worse positions unfortunately Dave but of course could be better.

I must admit having been around the Riddel District a bit over the last month I regret not biting the bullet and coming for a kick in the league when I had the option. Some of your venues and the settings they are in are awesome. Appreciate what you have got and work to make it great again.

To those clubs thinking of getting out I reckon you have rocks in your head!
Never too old Roota. You’re still only a lad.

- Is it an easy set up?
I’ll help throw a few answers here for you Chris.
Cost wise next to nothing
How hard would it be for someone from the Homeside to punch in the scores at the end of a qtr ?
30 seconds ?
Plenty of other regions have live score updates , in fact I would say the rdfl would be one of the last to have this ?
Does it matter if it’s only 20 people using the live updates app ?
I can guarantee that number would grow at a rapid rate once word got around that the league was running a live up to date score app.

And like many I scroll through loads of leagues looking up results and once I get to the rdfl I find that their results are most of the time last to be entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back