RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree it does make sense to play 18 games, some will say it affects ur salary cap but most clubs could manage it, just pay them over 18 games what you would have for 16 games. Surely the players would be up for a proper draw and the not current fixture we have.
Alternatively you give each player the chance to have two weeks unpaid leave for the season to freshen up.

Salary cap is a waste of time, we saw that with the Deer Park review! Take $10k, $20k off a clubs salary cap, how do you know if they have adhered to it, you don't !
Yes, most of the time you will get away with it, but are you prepared to roll the dice and possibly be stripped of a premiership? Just ask Melbourne Storm.

When you pay in either cash or tab vouchers, it can’t be traced. Just ask Deer Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I hear you Jack. Clubs will rarely get caught, but the day will come where a disgruntled wife, girlfriend, or even a player, will contact the governing body and blow the whistle.

There were disgruntled people everywhere I the Deer Park scandle apparently and nothing proven. Move on never going to prove it there has been salary caps in the past many many years ago, they got the sarse then as you could not police and nothing has changed. The salary cap is the points!

There were disgruntled people everywhere I the Deer Park scandle apparently and nothing proven. Move on never going to prove it there has been salary caps in the past many many years ago, they got the sarse then as you could not police and nothing has changed. The salary cap is the points!
Makes sense AFLL. A reduction in points would hit clubs hard and is much easier to police.

There are clubs that field teams with around 25/26 points you would need to take off quite a few points to make a difference to those teams
i doubt there are many clubs playing with that few number of points and are having success.
but if they played with 25/26 points and owe the league money reduce their points.

What went down at league AGM this week men?
Did much change at Board level?
Was the perfect chance to put some front line, club minded folk into positions of governance.

What went down at league AGM this week men?
Did much change at Board level?
Was the perfect chance to put some front line, club minded folk into positions of governance.
Two club presidents voted on to board. Can’t remember names diggers president and I think riddels.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a club can field a team with 25/26 points, seriously who cares what they are paying there players. They must have 90% 1 pointers, so let them pay what they like what does it matter.
So how much should the league bankroll these clubs.
rumour coming out of the agm one clubs owes 56,000.
just let them continue not paying their way?

Last edited:
Yes that’s what the league are saying,
but the question is can the league enforce the cap.
I don’t see any way the cap be properly enforced, there is just way too many ways to get around it. Personally I would prefer there was no salary cap, I like the idea of the points system which rewards players loyalty to their home club and limits the amount of recruits a team can bring in somewhat. I love local footy and like to keep track of a few different leagues and it is getting tiresome reading threads with page after page accusing teams of cheating the cap!

I’m pretty sure that amount is removed from their salary cap for next year isn’t it?
Assume it is Rockbank? If so does taking 50 grand of there salary cap do anything. Surely they didn’t spend 60 large to lose by 30 goals each week. Happy to be told it’s someone else

Assume it is Rockbank? If so does taking 50 grand of there salary cap do anything. Surely they didn’t spend 60 large to lose by 30 goals each week. Happy to be told it’s someone else
i have no idea what Rockbank owes. But they were not the rumored team team that owes over 50k.

It’s not Rockbank, I’m sure Morgs senior knows which club it is as he has alluded to rumours from the AGM and 56K is a fairly
specific number to throw up on this forum.
I’m aware of the club but I have no interest in sharing it on here, clubs have good times and bad times, I follow a lot of threads on bigfooty and the easy option behind an alias is to get on and shit can a club but I honestly don’t see what enjoyment people get out of it! Although on game day I may dislike certain clubs as a local football person I would much prefer every club sell heaps of food and beer, have great functions and still be around in 100 years.

It’s not Rockbank, I’m sure Morgs senior knows which club it is as he has alluded to rumours from the AGM and 56K is a fairly
specific number to throw up on this forum.
I’m aware of the club but I have no interest in sharing it on here, clubs have good times and bad times, I follow a lot of threads on bigfooty and the easy option behind an alias is to get on and shit can a club but I honestly don’t see what enjoyment people get out of it! Although on game day I may dislike certain clubs as a local football person I would much prefer every club sell heaps of food and beer, have great functions and still be around in 100 years.
I also would like to see a club sell heaps of food and beer and be around for 100 years, so long as they are not prioritising making their player payments over paying their league fees and still being allowed to play finals football.

I also would like to see a club sell heaps of food and beer and be around for 100 years, so long as they are not prioritising making their player payments over paying their league fees and still being allowed to play finals football.
What do you think the penalty should be for being behind on league fees?

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back