RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck with the season ahead. feeling ripped off got to wait another week till Lancefields first game.
On the bright side feeling very confident we will have a much better season than the past few.
its grate to have footy an netball so close. there seems to be a buzz in the towns we play in and a good feeling about the competition. the week of will give you a chance to rate the oppositon. i think lancefield will have a good season, hope so anywey

Good luck with the season ahead. feeling ripped off got to wait another week till Lancefields first game.
On the bright side feeling very confident we will have a much better season than the past few.

All the best to your blokes, morgs. Really looking forward to getting started and talking footy again.

I just had a look at RDFL under 19.5 and only 5 teams? That’s very scary if true
its a sign of the times. edfl premier has only 6 i think. the kids have deserted footy. wrl also strggling for numbers. Love to see wat afl victoria is doing to help the leagues. but if kids dont wanna play, theres not much leagues can do.

All the best to your blokes, morgs. Really looking forward to getting started and talking footy again.
anyone attend the season launch? hereing that it was really good night and BT and brad scott were good. they even had a Australian netballer in there. seems theyre being professinal and lets hope were in for a good season. theyve got a bit to prove with all there talk about how Goldfields held them back, bring on footy and netball

I heard tonight there may only end out being 4 sides. The age group has huge issues just about everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder if the AFL and to a much lesser extent AFLVic have become so focused on taking over NSW and QLD they've simply forgot about their bread and butter here in Victoria.

On another note, new lights are up at Wallan. Look sensational.

I heard tonight there may only end out being 4 sides. The age group has huge issues just about everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder if the AFL and to a much lesser extent AFLVic have become so focused on taking over NSW and QLD they've simply forgot about their bread and butter here in Victoria.

On another note, new lights are up at Wallan. Look sensational.

They do look good but jeez the amount of money spent on that ground by the council could of built 7 pools by now too much money spent on fly in footballers not local grown players

Romsey in massive trouble numbers wise for reserves I’ve been told, could be a few forefits which is unfortunate, Romsey always have had good numbers.
Woodend getting a club 18s going is a positive, Paul Podbuty and his team doing good things there, but like previous posts junior numbers are a major concern especially for the smaller clubs

They do look good but jeez the amount of money spent on that ground by the council could of built 7 pools by now too much money spent on fly in footballers not local grown players

7? We only have a couple down here in Craigieburn, so not sure why a much smaller place would have 7 and the locals don't seem to be complaining about the ongoing success they've had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of 1 pointers down at Wallan last time I checked.
Sounds like you’ve been swimming down the shallow end of the pool again Champ!

Heard selection was very interesting at Riddell last night?

Would love more details!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plenty of 1 pointers down at Wallan last time I checked.
Sounds like you’ve been swimming down the shallow end of the pool again Champ!

Heard selection was very interesting at Riddell last night?

Would love more details!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely you know a bit more. Care to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok to talk about an obvious issue that everyone is aware off, but how about offering some idea's for a solution
Alright. Here's a start at a club level. The senior players need to get more involved with the juniors in their clubs. I've been involved as a parent in a couple of clubs and the first interest the seniors have in the juniors is when they are of age and then it's in form of a demand that they move up to 19s. The junior families only hear from the seniors when there's a fundraiser on or when they want a crowd at the home games to get the bar sales up. How about generating the community feel with the younger kids - go help at training, watch their development, go to junior games (especially the 17s), develop relationships and get the kids barracking for their senior clubs like they do their AFL clubs. Then they might aspire to play with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back