RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Comfortable win for Wallan today. The game was a bit sloppy in patches, but that's not surprising really. The young lady umpire was very good and let the game flow. Rayment was very good for Romsey.

Other results seemed to go as predicted, but no score from the Riddell v Macedon game.

Comfortable win for Wallan today. The game was a bit sloppy in patches, but that's not surprising really. The young lady umpire was very good and let the game flow. Rayment was very good for Romsey.

Other results seemed to go as predicted, but no score from the Riddell v Macedon game.
Riddell Macedon was a draw

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The young lady umpire is Kesia Laker and is very good. No nonsense and for the most part correct calls. And she can bounce the ball well!

What are expecting morgs what would be a pass mark in your eyes after all said and done at 6pm tomorrow?

i Don’t really want to put a number on it, don’t want to get on the wrong side of the new coach in his first game.

The last two times we played Wallan we lost by 265 odd points each time.

at the end of 2019 just getting a team on the park in 2020 seemed a bid ask.
What has happened since is amazing.

tomorrow with only seven or eight players who played in those games in 2019(some missed with injury or have come back to the club) its going to take a while for the side settle into a rhythm.

if we can improve by 200 points on 2019 losing margins realistically is a big step.
i think that and more is definitely possible.

Last edited:
Hey guys .. congratulations on the season returning and being up and running.. it must be so exciting for you all to get back into the thick of it.. I was wondering if there was any radio calls or live streams of matches that I can tune into while up here in Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i Don’t really want to put a number on it, don’t want to get on the wrong side of the new coach in his first game.

tomorrow with only seven or eight players who played in those games in 2019(some missed with injury or have come back to the club) its going to take a while for the side settle into a rhythm.

if we can improve by 200 points on 2019 losing margins realistically is a big step.

the netball has also gone ahead in leaps and bounds as well. And their improvement could mirror the football side 🤞

We had a very well attended jumper/netball uniform presentation last Thursday.
i was speaking to a past premiership captain of the football side and he remarked they never got that many people to a function like that early in the year even when a topside.

Good post mate.

Very much the unknown for Wallan ahead of the game with plenty of new players at Lancefield. Coach is a gun who will ensure parity in the ruck. Well aware of Stef DR from his Eagles days. I've got no doubt you guys will be a very different proposition in 2021 and I know Wallan won't be taking this one lightly.

When it's all said and done, I just think the midfield is where we might come out on top, but much will depend on Brock and Mahoney.

Couple of new guys for us making their debut, but don't know a lot about them.

Good luck, really looking forward to this one.

Hey guys .. congratulations on the season returning and being up and running.. it must be so exciting for you all to get back into the thick of it.. I was wondering if there was any radio calls or live streams of matches that I can tune into while up here in Brisbane?

Good to see you back mate.

Not sure of any live streams or calls, but you can catch the replays here

Still waiting for a radio station to take it on, then I can make a comeback 😂

Good post mate.

Very much the unknown for Wallan ahead of the game with plenty of new players at Lancefield. Coach is a gun who will ensure parity in the ruck. Well aware of Stef DR from his Eagles days. I've got no doubt you guys will be a very different proposition in 2021 and I know Wallan won't be taking this one lightly.

When it's all said and done, I just think the midfield is where we might come out on top, but much will depend on Brock and Mahoney.

Couple of new guys for us making their debut, but don't know a lot about them.

Good luck, really looking forward to this one.
Is it true that wallan have loged a complaint to leage about romsey u19.5 playin unregistered players? they want the points and the pacentage that romsey got wiped. If its true, the leage must act with the interest of the integritey of the competition. pretty bad blue if its true by romsey.

Is it true that wallan have loged a complaint to leage about romsey u19.5 playin unregistered players? they want the points and the pacentage that romsey got wiped. If its true, the leage must act with the interest of the integritey of the competition. pretty bad blue if its true by romsey.

I'm not privy to that information sorry.

Did Romsey play an unregistered player?
i have no idea what happened but if it wasnt obviously deliberate cheating let it go. It’s very hard getting a u19’s team on the park. They are all going to make the finals and plenty of return games during the year to sort out positions. Play on I say.

Good to see you back mate.

Not sure of any live streams or calls, but you can catch the replays here
Thanks so much mate .. always following the socials.. I was excited after finishing with football duties up here last week to check all of the scores and read through all of the team lists.. I'll definitely watch the replays.. thanks for the tip. I hope you guys have a great day!

I must say that I'm shocked to see that live update out at Woodend. Currently 140 to 50 in Romsey's favour.

I really liked the way Lancefield fought back in the game today, they're certainly going to be much improved in 2021. Wallan started like a house on fire and I really thought they were going to win by more, not that 91 points is anything to scoff at. Correct me if I'm wrong Morgs senior but I thought Keaney (#24) at FB played well and looks a real prospect. Waters was good, but I also thought Brock and Mahoney did well in the ruck too for Wallan.

Lots of good performers for the Pies, with Stewart 4 goals, Jonkers, Cox and Morris all playing well.

I must say that I'm shocked to see that live update out at Woodend. Currently 140 to 50 in Romsey's favour.

I really liked the way Lancefield fought back in the game today, they're certainly going to be much improved in 2021. Wallan started like a house on fire and I really thought they were going to win by more, not that 91 points is anything to scoff at. Correct me if I'm wrong Morgs senior but I thought Keaney (#24) at FB played well and looks a real prospect. Waters was good, but I also thought Brock and Mahoney did well in the ruck too for Wallan.

Lots of good performers for the Pies, with Stewart 4 goals, Jonkers, Cox and Morris all playing well.
Stewart played very well, Mahoney very good, Brock not much 😂😂😂

Not sure of numbers but Kearney played centre half back and played well, but Williams played on Perri and I thought was our best player.

I thought we played very well in the contest but we were well beaten in the rhythm of the game. Wallan are very well drilled professional outfit.

on the bright side we were nearly 30 goals better than the last time we played wallan.

On the sad side we have two very fine young men who have suffered serious injuries. Both of whom have done similar injuries in the past, love ya Frosty and Woost.

Last edited:
Stewart played very well, Mahoney very good, Brock not much 😂😂😂

Not sure of numbers but Kearney played centre half back and played well, but Williams played on Perri and I thought was our best player.

I thought we played very well in the contest but we were well beaten in the rhythm of the game. Wallan are very well drilled professional outfit.

on the bright side we were nearly 30 goals better than the last time we played wallan.

On the sad side we have two very fine young men who have suffered serious injuries. Both of whom have done similar injuries in the past, love ya Frosty and Woost.

Definitely, Williams. Played really well. I heard about the 2 blokes later in the night. All the best to them and hopefully all goes well in their recovery.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back