RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL clubs are sharing the potential revenue split. Being played at Clarke Oval is of very little benefit of Lions. The ground is the best positioned to host the GF from a location perspective and is strong enough from a facilities perspective

RDFNL clubs are sharing the potential revenue split. Being played at Clarke Oval is of very little benefit of Lions. The ground is the best positioned to host the GF from a location perspective and is strong enough from a facilities perspective
And don’t have to bow to goldfields which have put to rest .then all clubs can prosper and make a dollar.

Oh my. What a day out in Woodend. So cold. Tough for all involved and all things considered a pretty good game. Woodend were right in it up until about 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter when Wallan finally found their feet. Quite a few changes probably had a bit to do with it and then lost Viani early.

Thought Layley was brilliant, Brock and Davies good too. Mannix continues to be a very dangerous option forward.

Woodend lost Pound early and got great service out of Franzi, Gawthrop and Vistarini.

The chips and gravy were sensational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard on Saturday finals to be split between Lancefield and Romsey with Granny at Romsey.
great to hear.
seems RDFL consulted there clubs an are actin on the results. great to see lancfield getting the games, its like the old days.
Hope they get a blockbusta finals series and get great support from the local communitees

This might be a really unqualified suggestion from an outsider but I’ve read that the rdfl is seeking more sides.

Would it be possible that the rdfl would actively target a club like Castlemaine?
While it would certainly extend the league’s boundaries they appear to be roughly within 1 hrs travel for most clubs in the league which isn’t too unreasonable.
They seem to be really struggling in the Bendigo League and perhaps playing in a league closer to Melbourne could actually assist with recruitment and sustaining themselves away from a major league.

This might be a really unqualified suggestion from an outsider but I’ve read that the rdfl is seeking more sides.

Would it be possible that the rdfl would actively target a club like Castlemaine?
While it would certainly extend the league’s boundaries they appear to be roughly within 1 hrs travel for most clubs in the league which isn’t too unreasonable.
They seem to be really struggling in the Bendigo League and perhaps playing in a league closer to Melbourne could actually assist with recruitment and sustaining themselves away from a major league.
Just did a quick check it would take 1 hour and 9 minutes from Arnold’s creek to get to Castlemaine’s home ground. Which is the similar to Broadford which used to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Why not …

Well, what an odd game today. Lancefield came out all guns blazing and with a pretty clear game plan and at halftime it was 27-20. Wallan was struggling to get out of the grip Lancefield had, which was a credit to them, and I think the break came only too soon.

Like they've done before Wallan was like a completely different side in the 2nd half. They got their run and carry game going, became far more accurate when going for goal and by the end, it was 136-21. Quite the turn around really. I thought Corey Grinlay was Outstanding with Corey Baker right in there too. Nathan Fowler's presence around the ground was also very telling.

Lancefield had some good contributors and I thought Jayden Williams kick-ins were first class. Falcone very good too. Very surprised Alexander Ryan didn't get a mention in the best considering his very good run with role today.

Very surprised with the margin up in Macedon.

Well, what an odd game today. Lancefield came out all guns blazing and with a pretty clear game plan and at halftime it was 27-20. Wallan was struggling to get out of the grip Lancefield had, which was a credit to them, and I think the break came only too soon.

Like they've done before Wallan was like a completely different side in the 2nd half. They got their run and carry game going, became far more accurate when going for goal and by the end, it was 136-21. Quite the turn around really. I thought Corey Grinlay was Outstanding with Corey Baker right in there too. Nathan Fowler's presence around the ground was also very telling.

Lancefield had some good contributors and I thought Jayden Williams kick-ins were first class. Falcone very good too. Very surprised Alexander Ryan didn't get a mention in the best considering his very good run with role today.

Why the surprise Auck?

very good summary.

very disappointing second half.

Al Ryan was very good. His first senior game after three games in the twos. After not having played since the u12,s. Injuries delayed his debut but I think there are many more games to come.

Why the surprise Auck?

I just thought after the last time they met and with Woodend's performance last week that, they might have got closer than 98 points.

very good summary.

very disappointing second half.

I reckon you guys have really come on well despite the fade out. Tommy's clearly doing a really good job there.

Al Ryan was very good. His first senior game after three games in the twos. After not having played since the u12,s. Injuries delayed his debut but I think there are many more games to come.

Wow, that's really impressive. Really caught my eye and playing on a very good player. Good luck for the rest of the year. More wins are coming I reckon.

I just thought after the last time they met and with Woodend's performance last week that, they might have got closer than 98 points.

I reckon you guys have really come on well despite the fade out. Tommy's clearly doing a really good job there.

Wow, that's really impressive. Really caught my eye and playing on a very good player. Good luck for the rest of the year. More wins are coming I reckon.
thanks. I think we can surprise someone before the end of the year

So guys, what sort of options are we looking at?

At a guess, I think no games for the next 2 weeks. No offence to any team, but I don't see the top 4 changing. EDFL forum has thrown around a top 6 finals series if the season is shortened and we've done this before, so it would be easy to implement and give players something to aim for. Thoughts?

At a guess, I think no games for the next 2 weeks. No offence to any team, but I don't see the top 4 changing. EDFL forum has thrown around a top 6 finals series if the season is shortened and we've done this before, so it would be easy to implement and give players something to aim for. Thoughts?

Don’t mind going with the final 6 or final 5 atleast.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t mind going with the final 6 or final 5 atleast.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back