RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bray going to Riddell is a good get for them. Taking Rupo from 2nd bottom to a Preliminary Final in 2 and half years is a fantastic effort in the EDFL. Has experience at coaching in the RDFNL albeit some years ago now. Looks like Riddells list is in fairly good shape already and now they have attracted this coach i feel their fortunes may change in 2024. From what i hear he was loved by all the players at Rupo.
Big loss for them IMO.

Bray going to Riddell is a good get for them. Taking Rupo from 2nd bottom to a Preliminary Final in 2 and half years is a fantastic effort in the EDFL. Has experience at coaching in the RDFNL albeit some years ago now. Looks like Riddells list is in fairly good shape already and now they have attracted this coach i feel their fortunes may change in 2024. From what i hear he was loved by all the players at Rupo.
Big loss for them IMO.

Flag favourites for me lol. Going to be a cracking year next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kyneton are favs for me if they don’t lose to many, Manuel will tear this league apart if fit enough, getting on in age. Another great thing with Kyneton coming into the league is it would be a fantastic grand final venue. Diggers will have some recruits up their sleeve, never discount diggers. Riddell looking to improve drastically and still prob short a key position backman depending on how they want to use Sonogan. Sherman will be working the phones hard, Wallan goes bang with Stewart, Woodend have a taste of success, a great 2024 to come with a better standard on some cracking grounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about needing a backman, our against points are second best in the league. We needed a key forward and a number 1 ruckman, both of which we have now plus some.
Totally agree, from memory with Sugar Sonaghan the problem has always been when he’s back ya want him fwd and vice versa. But with Galea, Swallow, Chahine you could play Sonaghan back full time if ya wanted.

Big loss for them IMO.

After Daniel Nolan probably the best coach my son has played under. I'll miss him as he's a good bloke first and foremost.

Galea now at Riddell in a league with average key defenders…

Galea has won back to back VFL lead goalkicker award, numerous EDFL premier league goalkicking awards, but it’s Cam Manual that’s going to dominate?… 🤣

Galea kicked 101 not so long again in edfl premier league, Manual kicked 36 in Bendigo…
Manuel is a midfielder. 36 is a decent return. “Not so long ago” he was also winning league B&F’s in the Eastern league. He will dominate. You can lock that in.
Doesn’t mean Galea won’t as well.

Manuel is a midfielder. 36 is a decent return. “Not so long ago” he was also winning league B&F’s in the Eastern league. He will dominate. You can lock that in.
Doesn’t mean Galea won’t as well.
That’s more concerning them, he hit 25 touches in only 3 of his last 10 games with a number of games being in the mid teens. He’s either more playing forward or not finding enough footy as a mid.

Cam Manuel is one of the best mid forwards I have ever seen
Wait til you see Lancefield’s new star…
Andrew Hall going to turn it on this year. And great bloke that helps the club coach juniors. Greatest mid/fwd you’ll ever see my friend.

Kyneton are favs for me if they don’t lose to many, Manuel will tear this league apart if fit enough, getting on in age. Another great thing with Kyneton coming into the league is it would be a fantastic grand final venue. Diggers will have some recruits up their sleeve, never discount diggers. Riddell looking to improve drastically and still prob short a key position backman depending on how they want to use Sonogan. Sherman will be working the phones hard, Wallan goes bang with Stewart, Woodend have a taste of success, a great 2024 to come with a better standard on some cracking grounds.
Problem with Kynetons ground is, the netball facilities are not up to standard for finals.

That’s more concerning them, he hit 25 touches in only 3 of his last 10 games with a number of games being in the mid teens. He’s either more playing forward or not finding enough footy as a mid.
Manuel has averaged 37 goals a year the past 2 years. Galea has averaged 38.5 goals the last 2 years. Not that great for a stay at home full forward. Is that also concerning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back