RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would getting melton south back be good for the league? Would give MS games against rockback and centrals, with all 3 teams thinking they would be a chance to win. And a small meltonside hub.

I think the inclusions of kyneton and MS would be great and would help keep their juniors at their club as well hopefully.

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would getting melton south back be good for the league? Would give MS games against rockback and centrals, with all 3 teams thinking they would be a chance to win. And a small meltonside hub.

I think the inclusions of kyneton and MS would be great and would help keep their juniors at their club as well hopefully.

Melton South confirmed as staying in the Ballarat league

It’s a huge drop for south to go back to RDFL and if they did they would lose their identity I reckon.

It’s a huge drop for south to go back to RDFL and if they did they would lose their identity I reckon.

How is RDFL so far behind Ballarat and Bendigo? What needs to change for for Riddell to be as competitive or close to those leagues? At one stage they had Sunbury lions Gisborne etc etc and they all left for better endeavours but what could riddell actually do to improve?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How is RDFL so far behind Ballarat and Bendigo? What needs to change for for Riddell to be as competitive or close to those leagues? At one stage they had Sunbury lions Gisborne etc etc and they all left for better endeavours but what could riddell actually do to improve?

Realistically, they probably won't & that's ok.
Population, infrastructure & schools all tip the balance of power in the favour of Balfl & Benfl.
Getting the Eastern Bloc & Gisborne across would be a huge step toward it but as it stands, they appear likely to head elsewhere should they leave their existing comps.

Realistically, they probably won't & that's ok.
Population, infrastructure & schools all tip the balance of power in the favour of Balfl & Benfl.
Getting the Eastern Bloc & Gisborne across would be a huge step toward it but as it stands, they appear likely to head elsewhere should they leave their existing comps.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe one day this league will be a great one. Love the Rdfnl. It will be interesting to know what Kyneton are planning and sounds like Gisborne may head to Ballarat…

Getting Kyneton is a start, very confident kyneton will be first of three new clubs to join over the next 2/3 years

Whats their current identity? Sack coach early in season, all 3 grades getting smashed week in week out.

I get the drop in standard, as Ballarat league is better than riddell, but I'm not too sure getting smashed for the next few years is going to help them and create an identity for players to want to play for the club.

Getting Kyneton is a start, very confident kyneton will be first of three new clubs to join over the next 2/3 years

Kyneton, Gissy Giants and who else? I’d love to see Sunbury make a return from the EDFL

Who do you think the other 2 might be?

Makes sense to me getting kyneton, better home crowds I would think with games against Woodend, Macedon, riddell, Lancefield, Romsey, and giants when they come in.

Kyneton, Gissy Giants and who else? I’d love to see Sunbury make a return from the EDFL

It would take some time, but I reckon East Sunbury would be a good fit, even Craigieburn to stop their yo-yo seasons

East would give a different pov for a Sunbury team, they won't get anywhere in edfl, div 2 at the very best. Better to come to to rdfnl and be ore competitive and get their juniors across as well.

It would take some time, but I reckon East Sunbury would be a good fit, even Craigieburn to stop their yo-yo seasons

East would give a different pov for a Sunbury team, they won't get anywhere in edfl, div 2 at the very best. Better to come to to rdfnl and be ore competitive and get their juniors across as well.

Huge win for Lancefeild. Trying to finish the year with some positives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the post about the rams I thought I would go have a look at them against Macedon yesterday.
Was firstly shocked at the very small crowd , hardly anybody around at all
The bar served nice cold beers and had a chat with a couple of “locals”

From what I saw I actually felt sorry for the rams , they were absolutely horrible , mind you macedon were far from
Impressive either and won’t bother any top sides for quite some time with that side, but the rams are a shambles

The only guy who could play and had skills and fitness was number 3 he was their best player by a country mile , the rest would seriously struggle to get a game in any other side.

After witnessing that performance against a bottom 4 side in Macedon I’d say that the task to lift them off the bottom of the ladder is / would be the hardest job in local football.
Is it true that Ladbrokes are following them around following their losing streak and documenting it ?

It Kyneton come in then the rams need to go , get back to division 3 Wrfl and try get a couple of wins and try to build something from that as were they are at now they won’t be celebrating any wins in the rdfl anytime soon

Can anyone from from Riddell shed any light on why they have a group of bikers follow them to every single game ?

After the post about the rams I thought I would go have a look at them against Macedon yesterday.

From what I saw I actually felt sorry for the rams , they were absolutely horrible , mind you macedon were far from
Impressive either and won’t bother any top sides for quite some time with that side, but the rams are a shambles

The only guy who could play and had skills and fitness was number 3 he was their best player by a country mile , the rest would seriously struggle to get a game in any other side.

After witnessing that performance against a bottom 4 side in Macedon I’d say that the task to lift them off the bottom of the ladder is / would be the hardest job in local football.
Is it true that Ladbrokes are following them around following their losing streak and documenting it ?

It Kyneton come in then the rams need to go , get back to division 3 Wrfl and try get a couple of wins and try to build something from that as were they are at now they won’t be celebrating any wins in the rdfl anytime soon

Can anyone from from Riddell shed any light on why they have a group of bikers follow them to every single game ?
Things can be turned around easier with a bit of stability.
Re sign the Coach and let him go to work.
Hopefully he has the contacts to get a few more over the line and then more polished performances will come.
Sometimes a Successful Season can’t be gauged on wins and losses.

Things can be turned around easier with a bit of stability.
Re sign the Coach and let him go to work.
Hopefully he has the contacts to get a few more over the line and then more polished performances will come.
Sometimes a Successful Season can’t be gauged on wins and losses.

To be honest I wouldn’t have thought the current coach would want the gig , when a coach is sitting down in the box for the last half I think that says it all, poor bloke would be banging his head against a brick wall, like I said there was only one player who looked like a footballer , they simply can’t compete with the cattle they have.

They would need an extra 20-30 points and $50-$100k in cap to be competitive and that just wouldn’t be sustainable
Like I said it would be the hardest job in local football to turn that side around
Hats off to anyone at having a crack at it and if there’s someone out there that can get it done then he should knighted !

They would need an extra 20-30 points and $50-$100k in cap to be competitive and that just wouldn’t be sustainable
Like I said it would be the hardest job in local football to turn that side around
Hats off to anyone at having a crack at it and if there’s someone out there that can get it done then he should knighted !
Thanks mate I’m the current coach

I’m proud of the boys and the club this year and agree with you it would/is one of the hardest jobs going around in footy to rebuild the club.

At the end of last year the coach and most of the side left which is understandable, it was a credit to Marty the last coach who worked hard to get us over 2mil in upgrades to our facilities and put a side on the park (I love him for that)

This year we have signed over 40 new players and have been able to work really hard to get us a budget that sets us up to be competitive next year (at the start of this year it was an unknown how much we could spend)

This year the boys got to play a game with a Brownlow Medallist, we had the Today Show come to our club and you are right Ladbrokes are doing a story on us now as well, the club is doing all it can to be successful and I believe if the Rams can retain the list and pick up some key players we will be in the mix as shown in the early stages of the year where we were competitive (I disagree we only have one player who would get a game in any other side, we have some really good players, we have no depth when injures occur or juniors to rely on. A few years back the Rams had a thirds side which would be great to bring back)

I'm a footy tragic. I hope and believe that we can turn our fortunes around. If you are keen to support us mate I can send you a PM to buy a membership for next year and you can say to everyone you supported a club that needed it when it counts?

Take care

Leigh

I’m proud of the boys and the club this year and agree with you it would/is one of the hardest jobs going around in footy to rebuild the club.

At the end of last year the coach and most of the side left which is understandable, it was a credit to Marty the last coach who worked hard to get us over 2mil in upgrades to our facilities and put a side on the park (I love him for that)

This year we have signed over 40 new players and have been able to work really hard to get us a budget that sets us up to be competitive next year (at the start of this year it was an unknown how much we could spend)

This year the boys got to play a game with a Brownlow Medallist, we had the Today Show come to our club and you are right Ladbrokes are doing a story on us now as well, the club is doing all it can to be successful and I believe if the Rams can retain the list and pick up some key players we will be in the mix as shown in the early stages of the year where we were competitive (I disagree we only have one player who would get a game in any other side, we have some really good players, we have no depth when injures occur or juniors to rely on. A few years back the Rams had a thirds side which would be great to bring back)

I'm a footy tragic. I hope and believe that we can turn our fortunes around. If you are keen to support us mate I can send you a PM to buy a membership for next year and you can say to everyone you supported a club that needed it when it counts?

Take care

Leigh
Hats off to you then if you are in there having a crack
There’s not many that would do it and once again it would be the hardest job in local footy have absolutely no doubt

I’ve said before the club has done some good things ie: swanny playing , and I’m 100% sure that there are some good people behind the scenes busting their freckles out to get some success.
But you would know personally just how hard that job is and from what I seen Saturday it’s going to be a very long hard slog

Who ever number 3 is that’s your captain next year , he has to be the first signed and maybe bought into behind scenes getting in some players ?

100% if your bringing in up to 40 players it’s hard and would no doubt be paying overs on some of those as you just have to take what’s on offer as season becomes close
And if there’s no depth then obviously that is a huge problem as well
From what people have said on here that it always seems to be 2 steps forward 3 steps back with the club ?
Once those steps back are sorted then that’s when improvements will come

Again hats off to you for getting in there having a crack and I do hope you have the patience and time and are given the and resources it’s going to take to turn the place around

Take care

Leigh
Well said Leighroy.

I came back to the club back at the end of the 2019 season to oversee the footy program and assist in eliminating the debt which had been in place from previous administrations.

Marty did a great job in recruiting and attracting new players to the club. We managed to get a thirds up and it attracted a few new players to the club. Whilst the wins didn’t come. He changed the club for the better with his work.

I left the club late in 2021 again as I wanted to coach my own team again. The clubs debt was wiped by the time I had left. A position which hasn’t been in since the mid 2010’s. I am proud of my contribution to the club. I was awarded life membership and president awards in my return to the club.

Leighroy is a quality person and the club will improve under his stewardship. I have absolute confidence that he is going have a positive impact on the ongoing history of the club.

You’re spot on about Macedon, what they are paying some players is embarrassing for what they are dishing up.
And announcing players are signing long term deals. LOL!!

Then again when you run a raffle that needs no further commentary it wouldn’t surprise anyone.

Anyways Lancefield win over Riddell was one of the better wins I’ve seen in a long time.
Haven’t attended much RDFL but I thought the game was actually very impressive and the character Lancefield played with too pull off an upset like that is a credit to everyone at the club.

Some observations from previous pages.
GisborneGiants inclusion to the comp is good thing and I expect them to be competitive from the get go.Dont think they come in as celllar dwellers.Will get some from Gisborne who don’t have the commitment and drive to play Bendigo league which is miles above Rdfl.
This will bring the number of teams to 10 which rids a bye and should go to an 18 round comp playing every team twice.

Melton South and Kyneton not a good fit in my mind.Centrals already offer a point of difference for the town and Kyneton would be too strong over time and reduce Woodend and Macedons recruiting pool.Interesting to see what transpires.

Heard a whisper around Gisborne that giants seniors won’t happen until 25.albeit with only 19’s again next year it still makes senior recruiting a tough task for the start.

Some observations from previous pages.
GisborneGiants inclusion to the comp is good thing and I expect them to be competitive from the get go.Dont think they come in as celllar dwellers.Will get some from Gisborne who don’t have the commitment and drive to play Bendigo league which is miles above Rdfl.
This will bring the number of teams to 10 which rids a bye and should go to an 18 round comp playing every team twice.

Melton South and Kyneton not a good fit in my mind.Centrals already offer a point of difference for the town and Kyneton would be too strong over time and reduce Woodend and Macedons recruiting pool.Interesting to see what transpires.

I think Kyneton would be a good get for the league. Means other teams will have to find away and pull their socks up. Keep melton centrals over in the BFL or WRFL. I would love to see my club in the Rdfnl again but I can’t see it happening. Positive times ahead for this great league and bring it on I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back