Banter RDT 163 - More of a Comment, Really

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cricket Australia missed an opportunity at making Maxwell a test match player.

Ability trumps technique.
They tried to make him a test batsmen but he was too impulsive. We were trying to block out a test for a draw in Sri Lanka and Maxwell got out reverse sweeping .

Fair enough

It's worth a go if only for the fact Spielberg directed.
It's a quest/treasure hunt movie set in VR with tonnes of pop culture references in it from the 80's and 90s.
The movie is complete turd compared to the book . They missed or couldn't get the rights to many of the best parts of the book .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous shot my Waugh. Sums him up actually. Was close to or even more talented than Steve but when Steve got dropped and took it back to basics, cut out the aggression and silly shots he came back as one of if not the worlds best batsmen even with a rooted back and shoulders. Amazing talent and great all rounder to begin with.

Ending up in my mind the greatest Test Captain i've seen. Also after coming back into the test side he averaged above 60 for the rest of his career all prior to the superbat era playing against some of the greatest fast bowlers of all time. The epitome of determination. His test series against the Windies in 95 was at another level.

I thought it started slow and sort of meh but around episode 3 onwards it gets sooo good.

I have that show also on my list to watch.

Will echo the above

Was slow to start and was wondering what the fuss was about, but then it really ramped up. There is some real emotional gut-punches that get delivered.

If you want cheap delicious easy drinking beer, Aldi often has German lagers like Paulaner Helles for like $12 for 4 x 500ml cans. Top shelf German beer for the price of a Swanny D

Went today, mine has 5 litre kegs of Paulaner Helles and Hefeweizen for $35, and 12 packs of 4 Pines Kolsch for $28. Had some other decent beers too - Little Creatures and Hoffebrau (s?). Will definitely go back when I've got some money and spend up on the first 3 if they're still there.

What’s the logic behind making cheap fuel cycles fortnightly instead of weekly?

Don’t those pricks make enough money?

I like how the watchdog is basically a toothless tiger. "They must explain to consumers why they're doing it." Won't change a thing.

What’s the logic behind making cheap fuel cycles fortnightly instead of weekly?

Don’t those pricks make enough money?
What's fuel?

Oh, I forgot. You guys can drive places that aren't five minutes away. I remember doing that once.

I like how the watchdog is basically a toothless tiger. "They must explain to consumers why they're doing it." Won't change a thing.

What a novel approach. “The mugger must explain to his victim why he’s mugging him”.

What a novel approach. “The mugger must explain to his victim why he’s mugging him”.

Saudis: "Because we like money."

Watchdog: "Well, everything seems to be in order here. Carry on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back