RDT CLXVVV - BigJohnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen the Sopranos but I've heard it's terrible
The Sopranos Hbo GIF

Is Lost on Netflix?

Never saw it, but its on my list (along with Sopranos and GoT) of shows I probably need to watch.

Currently watching Sports Night (finishing up a Sorkin binge). Weird seeing 90s footage from New York with the twin towers.

Where did you find sports night? It’s on my list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you kinda know what happens and I assume you do as someone with the internet, the ending of GoT is a lot more bearable than people who watched it live will tell you. It's still not good in any sense but you at least see how the creators tried to set it up.

Lost is a masterpiece. If you go into it knowing it was a early/mid 00s network show, ie there was no overarching master plan, and a lot of mysteries won't have an overly satisfying resolution, if they even get one, and just focus on the fact it has one of the best cast of characters of any show ever, you can't not love it.

I've never seen the Sopranos but I've heard it's terrible
I loved Lost but it suffered through that lack of master plan.

GoT had a master plan but it suffered through failing to execute the master plan.

BB both had a master plan, and nailed it.

Where did you find sports night? It’s on my list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ended up getting it via non-legal ways, as it does not appear to be accessible via any streaming platform.
Likewise with Studio 60.

In terms of the Sorkin shows
West Wing
(Daylight)
Newsroom
Sports Night
Studio 60

Lost didn't need a master plan. As Ochre said, you become that invested in the characters that you need to know how they all end their arcs.

The ending is satisfying despite what the all the internet heroes would have you believe.
Am a JJ Abrams fan, and loved Michael Emerson in Person of Interest so will check out Lost next I think.

I think at the time when Lost came out, I was already watching Prison Break, Heroes and The OC. I guess 4 American drama's was too much for teenage me.

I've started watching The Mole on Netflix. As someone largely unfamiliar with this type of show it's not too bad. Few annoying people but that's the nature of these shows in general I find.

Had every mystery been amazingly wrapped up in a little bow, it would've been better but that was never realistic for a early 00s network drama. It was a big deal that the creators were even able to convince the network to give them an end date instead of the show just running until it was cancelled

I've started watching The Mole on Netflix. As someone largely unfamiliar with this type of show it's not too bad. Few annoying people but that's the nature of these shows in general I find.
The other half and I both LOVED the mole when we were kids - I’ve watched old episodes on YouTube.

I love the fact even though this new reboot is American it’s in QLD - terrific area for a game like the mole.

We’ve watched all 5 episodes out so far, she’s convinced she knows who it is - I do understand where her thinking is. If this is correct, this mole is a very good actor.
A lot better than some of the others pretending 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other half and I both LOVED the mole when we were kids - I’ve watched old episodes on YouTube.

I love the fact even though this new reboot is American it’s in QLD - terrific area for a game like the mole.

We’ve watched all 5 episodes out so far, she’s convinced she knows who it is - I do understand where her thinking is. If this is correct, this mole is a very good actor.
A lot better than some of the others pretending 😂

I put on a thriller and try to guess the bad guy straight away and way over analyse things so I've been sitting there arguing both sides of who might and might not be the Mole for any given scenario. So at this point in my head it could be anyone.

I'm only just learning that it's a benefit to try and convince others that you might be the Mole because then they end up getting the boot for voting incorrectly

So random thing I learned today, and shows what the Mandela effect can do to you...
I'm not the only one who didn't know that C3PO wasn't all gold in the original trilogy, one of his lower legs is actually silver

As someone who could recite that movie backwards whilst standing on my head how have I never noticed this..

I put on a thriller and try to guess the bad guy straight away and way over analyse things so I've been sitting there arguing both sides of who might and might not be the Mole for any given scenario. So at this point in my head it could be anyone.

I'm only just learning that it's a benefit to try and convince others that you might be the Mole because then they end up getting the boot for voting incorrectly
Im usually like that with detective books and similar - I’m usually pretty good at working it out. the other day I read one that completely beat me three times over - had to applaud the author

I've now watched so much reality TV that I can't watch an episode without over analysing the edit to a ridiculous degree. Thankfully I'm still terrible at it so have been horrendously wrong the past two Survivor seasons and actually been shocked at the ending.

Took the kids to the library today and grabbed a few books:

Shantaram - which I've heard amazing things about.

The Boys Club - appears to be a sort of expose (dunno how to make an accent) on the shitty background dealings of the AFL. Will either satiate my anger and need for blood with league at the moment or make me even angrier.

Later - a newish Stephen King book. Reading his stuff is like taking a holiday from reading coz it's so easy to get through.

Some good scores from a public library!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back