Banter RDT CLXXXIV - BigSpeakerbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How fvxking high do you need to be to come up with the storylines for Rick and Morty?

There's also a fairly high level of intelligence involved too. A lot of it is pop culture ripping off - I assume you're referring to the current spaghetti situation which comes from another very famous sci-fi story.

A lot of people not happy with the current season as they feel like it's been dumbed down as it's not wrestling with Rick's dark side but I find it a bit better when it's more chilled and less heavy.

There's also a fairly high level of intelligence involved too. A lot of it is pop culture ripping off - I assume you're referring to the current spaghetti situation which comes from another very famous sci-fi story.

A lot of people not happy with the current season as they feel like it's been dumbed down as it's not wrestling with Rick's dark side but I find it a bit better when it's more chilled and less heavy.

I'm liking this season as I've liked all the others. It is less dark, if that can be possible given what I've just witnessed, but I am unaware of the sci-fi nod it is ripping off/paying homage to.

R&M is about the level of sci-fi I can enjoy. Am keen to test the theory though. See how high I need to get to come up with a good episode

I'm liking this season as I've liked all the others. It is less dark, if that can be possible given what I've just witnessed, but I am unaware of the sci-fi nod it is ripping off/paying homage to.

R&M is about the level of sci-fi I can enjoy. Am keen to test the theory though. See how high I need to get to come up with a good episode

I'm still waiting for more Evil Morty - my favourite episode is still the The Ricklantis Mix-up with the R&M cops and presidential campaign.

Did you get into Solar Opposites? It's as good and crazy, probably more pop culture references but the sub story of the people in the wall is awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd probably turn out like my dreams where I think "this is brilliant, this is the book/script/comic/video game I'm going to write" and then I wake up and realise all the plot holes and intellectual property issues. Like last night's Capcom vs X-Men vs Disney vs Everything by way of Saw x Mortal Kombat fighting game. The characters were kept in dog cages (appropriate when there was a bout between Scooby Doo and Sam from Sam and Max at least) and if you won the fight you were given extra room/grew so that you could contain the space wolf gestating inside you. The losers remained small and cramped and were torn apart when the foetal space wolf entered the next stage of development.

Batman was watching.

I'm still waiting for more Evil Morty - my favourite episode is still the The Ricklantis Mix-up with the R&M cops and presidential campaign.

Did you get into Solar Opposites? It's as good and crazy, probably more pop culture references but the sub story of the people in the wall is awesome.

I really struggled to get into SO. I need to give it another chance. The problem I have is being banned from watching R&M (and SO by association) while my wife is going to bed. Cricket is fine, apparently.

So yeah I definitely do need to revisit SO and give it a decent run. I haven't watched R&M back in a while save for the most recent season just as this one launched, but there's a couple of episodes that stick out. Gerry as that submissive slug is funny as ****, as is narcissistic Beth hooking up with herself/clone. And I think fairly early episodes like that reality singing/music episode with Ice Cube.

Sorry for spoilers everyone, get on board already.

I really struggled to get into SO. I need to give it another chance. The problem I have is being banned from watching R&M (and SO by association) while my wife is going to bed. Cricket is fine, apparently.

So yeah I definitely do need to revisit SO and give it a decent run. I haven't watched R&M back in a while save for the most recent season just as this one launched, but there's a couple of episodes that stick out. Gerry as that submissive slug is funny as *, as is narcissistic Beth hooking up with herself/clone. And I think fairly early episodes like that reality singing/music episode with Ice Cube.

Sorry for spoilers everyone, get on board already.

So why are you banned from watching it at bed time?

It'd probably turn out like my dreams where I think "this is brilliant, this is the book/script/comic/video game I'm going to write" and then I wake up and realise all the plot holes and intellectual property issues. Like last night's Capcom vs X-Men vs Disney vs Everything by way of Saw x Mortal Kombat fighting game. The characters were kept in dog cages (appropriate when there was a bout between Scooby Doo and Sam from Sam and Max at least) and if you won the fight you were given extra room/grew so that you could contain the space wolf gestating inside you. The losers remained small and cramped and were torn apart when the foetal space wolf entered the next stage of development.

Batman was watching.

Do you also have dreams where you've made up some super lame yet catchy tune that you continue to sing it in your head for the first 3 hours after waking up?

Batman was watching.

This bit is entirely too predictable. What about 2 hours worth of people shooting the Bat signal into the air trying to summon some super hero assistance but it turns out Batman actually suffered a gross blinding incident in his youth and the mask is simply to hide his hideous scars scolded eyeballs from ever being seen. Batman wasn't watching at all.

I should add I'm pretty sure I had this copyright infringing dream entirely because my friend mentioned a Street Fighter game that had Goku in it which I immediately segued to the recently announced midquel taking place between Dragonball and Dragonball Z. That's all it took.

This bit is entirely too predictable. What about 2 hours worth of people shooting the Bat signal into the air trying to summon some super hero assistance but it turns out Batman actually suffered a gross blinding incident in his youth and the mask is simply to hide his hideous scars scolded eyeballs from ever being seen. Batman wasn't watching at all.

I'm more surprised he wasn't whacking off.

Do you also have dreams where you've made up some super lame yet catchy tune that you continue to sing it in your head for the first 3 hours after waking up?

I have the song but I either forget the tune as soon as I wake up or realise which real song I ripped off.

So why are you banned from watching it at bed time?

Turns out my wife is a psychopath. We are getting absolutely towelled up in the cricket and I legitimately turned it off as per Cricket thread chat and she rolls over and says "what happened to the cricket?"

Sheeeeeesh. But yeah she can't fall asleep to the chaos of Rick and Morty playing in the background, it's just Australia getting smacked in an ODI that is so peaceful to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back