Banter RDT CLXXXVI - Trucko’s Salty Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caught Dune part 2 last night, was unsurprisingly excellent. (But also understandably not for everyone)

This came up in my newsreel today - pretty accurate:

View attachment 1925608
Read the books as a teenager. Growing-up in grey 70’s London, amidst constant union strikes, race riots, borderline poverty, etc, This epic story of Universe building blew.my.mind.
I hope they continue to adapt the lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lacked proper context and was inundated by hype from my friend.

I thought it was very good but came out a little confused about the 'best film and villain ever' posts I'd been seeing online (I believe at one point early it was the highest rated film on IMDb?). Certainly nowhere near that category for me, not that there's any shame in that.

Probably just not quite my genre.

I lacked proper context and was inundated by hype from my friend.

I thought it was very good but came out a little confused about the 'best film and villain ever' posts I'd been seeing online (I believe at one point early it was the highest rated film on IMDb?). Certainly nowhere near that category for me, not that there's any shame in that.

Probably just not quite my genre.
Does this mean you haven't seen the first one? Plenty of context there I thought.

Does this mean you haven't seen the first one? Plenty of context there I thought.
Probably more read the books. I thought this one did a good job filling it in for the most part, just felt I lacked the nuances of the cultures involved etc.

It didn't really make me want to see the first or read the books. But that's largely because it's not really my genre, not a criticism of the film at all.

Thought Javier Bardem was the easy stand out from the cast.

Probably more read the books. I thought this one did a good job filling it in for the most part, just felt I lacked the nuances of the cultures involved etc.

It didn't really make me want to see the first or read the books. But that's largely because it's not really my genre, not a criticism of the film at all.

Thought Javier Bardem was the easy stand out from the cast.

Do you generally go to the cinemas to see part 2's of films you haven't seen part 1 of?

Just seems like an odd decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back