Re-do the 2023 draft (Rolling edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just used to the NBA culture. They don't hold back on their criticism of youngsters as soon as they're drafted and why should we? because they're 18 year olds? I don't subscribe to this.
I've been following the NBA since 1986. Your style of posting and how the experts during an NBA or NFL draft critique a kid are miles apart.

Secondly, kids in the USA are a minimum of one year removed from school, before they declare for a draft. A lot of the kids are 20 or 21 and a little bit more worldly (as they can be considering how insular the USA can be), before going pro. They not potentially reading criticism from "experts" while they're still finishing year 12. If they are, it's much more constructive, with a focus on what they need to improve to be successful.

Reading this reveals 1 Bigfooty rule to follow and 1 D&FA rule to follow.

1. People need to stop arguing with Dan. He's wrong most of the time on most topics.

1a. The most sensible thing for "re-do" and "winners and losers" of draft years yet to play is avoid strong views either way. So many times there are clubs declared big winners just after the draft only for 5 years later those touted selections to not have come on, and vice versa.

I've been following the NBA since 1986. Your style of posting and how the experts during an NBA or NFL draft critique a kid are miles apart.

Secondly, kids in the USA are a minimum of one year removed from school, before they declare for a draft. A lot of the kids are 20 or 21 and a little bit more worldly (as they can be considering how insular the USA can be), before going pro. They not potentially reading criticism from "experts" while they're still finishing year 12. If they are, it's much more constructive, with a focus on what they need to improve to be successful.
lol in the NBA, fans boo rookies if they don't like the pick.

Reading this reveals 1 Bigfooty rule to follow and 1 D&FA rule to follow.

1. People need to stop arguing with Dan. He's wrong most of the time on most topics.

1a. The most sensible thing for "re-do" and "winners and losers" of draft years yet to play is avoid strong views either way. So many times there are clubs declared big winners just after the draft only for 5 years later those touted selections to not have come on, and vice versa.
such as..

you realise it's a rolling edition, so it's not a re-do. Thought that was pretty clear.

It was a joke mate.

I don't think its sensible to second guess the choices made by the clubs when we've barely got any data to work off and many of the kids are types that will take longer to develop.
Sensible is boring af though.

If you or all the others who are derailing this thread don’t want to contribute to it in the spirit in which it was created, you do realise that you can just scroll on by, don’t you?

No-one has a gun to your head to be in here.

I also don't think it’s at all constructive to create a thread which is guaranteed to stir people up, and then when you get push back start counter punching and escalating the hostility.

Some people just live for the drama I guess.
An awful lot of the pushback is “playing the man”, rather than the “ball” though, or is pushback about the nature of the thread, rather than actual constructive arguments about where any of you would redraft them, if they all went back into the pool and it was re-held today.

He has a right to post a thread stating where he would redraft them if the draft was held again today, and to invite discussion as to where others would, just as you have a right to not post in here or read it, if you think it’s too soon for such a thread.

95% of this thread is pretty much completely off the track that the thread was started for.

Just a whole lot of “look at me, look at me” attention seeking posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-do the 2023 draft (Rolling edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back