No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-warns-clubs-on-shady-deals-20150916-gjoao5.html

Listing pretty much all of the rumours people have been claiming Geelong were doing. Hiring family members, planned contract extensions.
I thought the comment regarding needing to report to the AFL if an agreement had been made for an extension on top of a signed deal (I.e two year deal with a verbal agreement for a further two years) was particularly interesting.

You would have to think that any such agreement in relation to free agency could be considered draft tampering given the contract signed by a free agent helps determine draft compensation.

In other words, if Geelong want to offer PD such a deal they better hope it doesn't come to light otherwise fines (for Geelong and PD) and draft sanctions might be in their future.

I just watch it on the replay and I don't think Gillian knows. The body language wasn't that he knows one way or the other. It was he knows some things but he doesn't know the answer to the question "where will Dangerfield be next year". He's probably been approached by both clubs with various questions and scenarios so he knows some things but he doesn't know what he's actually going to do.

It was really a nothing response and I don't know why people are reading so much into it.

because people have to believe the worst.

I thought the comment regarding needing to report to the AFL if an agreement had been made for an extension on top of a signed deal (I.e two year deal with a verbal agreement for a further two years) was particularly interesting.

You would have to think that any such agreement in relation to free agency could be considered draft tampering given the contract signed by a free agent helps determine draft compensation.

In other words, if Geelong want to offer PD such a deal they better hope it doesn't come to light otherwise fines (for Geelong and PD) and draft sanctions might be in their future.
Yep. This was always the case though, he is just making it clear to anyone who might have 'forgotten'.

A few weeks ago, there were quite a few people on here who were adamant that as long as nothing they hadn't signed the second contract it was legal, that is not the case.

The compensation impact is one reason it is draft tampering, the 'price them out with a big 2-year deal then extend for a further 2 at a greatly reduced rate to bring the average down' theory that people were pushing is another.

Not sure why Gill would even need to know if Danger was staying? If he is leaving, then you'd think we would have enquired about both matching and compo picks and how that would play out with the AFL...I was in the staying camp but took Gills comments as gone.
I did think that but if we have loged paperwork for his contract then he would need to know as he has to sign off on it

How can you possibly summise that from his vague comment?
mgc.gif

You're over analysing this and it's going to make you ill.
This comment sounds bad, like you know something and it's bad. He's gone isn't he? :(

Or is it good? Is it good news?! Yay!!! :D

But wait, would you actually know anything? And if you did know something would you tell us?

You used the word ill. That's bad. Danger's gone. :(

But you'd probably only say this if it was good news! :D

Or would you only tell us if it's bad? :(

*Explodes*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This comment sounds bad, like you know something and it's bad. He's gone isn't he? :(

Or is it good? Is it good news?! Yay!!! :D

But wait, would you actually know anything? And if you did know something would you tell us?

You used the word ill. That's bad. Danger's gone. :(

But you'd probably only say this if it was good news! :D

Or would you only tell us if it's bad? :(

*Explodes*

We can't control it so what will be will be

With the release from the AFL to the clubs warning about paying relatives etc I wonder if we've been in the AFL's ear?

There are also the rumours this week in Melbourne about Maguire offering a job prospect to Adam Treloar's girlfriend as a possible enticement reason. There have been rumours for weeks/months about inducements for Paddy. The Collingwood stuff starts to do the rounds and the AFL makes hand waving noises in response.

There are also the rumours this week in Melbourne about Maguire offering a job prospect to Adam Treloar's girlfriend as a possible enticement reason. There have been rumours for weeks/months about inducements for Paddy. The Collingwood stuff starts to do the rounds and the AFL makes hand waving noises in response.

3EzTss4TQ9Qwl8zjEP3ncCuoxjhl8B38Btk8W54gIOinCpReDjLchHh11x7daSYPe3eOVeZVCPSYst0AkVxuOl6GgMnwY3wwXhJUYK3OiKeAVvzvevXoDguBtxb1TAzkVQvFtBsx-_TUsIGrzaTx3N7sJPotCPSWmg9jSKw=w300-h167-nc

Haha, I'm at work and I just saw Tex's tweet to Phil Davis after he posted a video regarding Danger, can someone link it here? It's funny.

With the release from the AFL to the clubs warning about paying relatives etc I wonder if we've been in the AFL's ear?
Here's what makes sense to me. We've got to a point in negotiations with Paddy's management and Geelong where we know that Geelong will try to out-price us in the FA contract with a short but steep contract as a way of avoiding us matching, hence getting him for "free"* rather than losing assets as a part of a trade. They can then offer Danger a very shallow contract extension. We've gone to the AFL and cracked some sads about this being unfair, resulting in the various Ken/Gil comments. We're now back to stage 1 negotiations, where parties are determining which gifs to spread next in the Crows, Paddy Resigning thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back