No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will never know, and that is the problem with being a hobbyist -- I mean, Supporter. We are not privy to the reasoning behind players moves, we just have to accept it and move on. I'm not saying we should know every bit of Danger and Mardi's private life but some honesty would be appreciated. Just having him come out with the usual platitudes of: "It was a decision I agonised over (for a couple of days at least), it was really hard to make the call to leave. My heart will always be with the boys at the Crows, but my future lies elsewhere" Ugh, gag me with a spoon. :rolleyes:

I've been saying it on here for months, people do just not realise the influence around the Geelong business and commerce centre that Paddy's future father in law Bruce Harwood holds and along with Frank Costa's business interests in the area, Patrick will be very well set up for life after football and make no mistake that will have had a lot to do with the ultimate decision. Of course I was howled down when I suggested this months ago by the "feminists" but I can live with that. Happy wife : Happy Life should read Happy Life : Happy Wife and Family.

First warning sign should have been the fact Danger wasn't disappointed when Tex was made captain, whereas VB and Sloane were.
Given what a competitive beast Danger is and a great leader, his lack of care about being overseen for the captaincy should have been the first warning.
Secondly, the crap about not having thought about what he will do next season up until last week was an obvious sign.
I would have much preferred he come out early and say that he will go home next season for family reasons rather than consistently lie to the members and supporters.

Having said all this, Nobes has had a few weeks it seems to sort out a good deal, given Judd went for 2 top 5 picks and a 2nd rounder, danger being a tier below, i agree with another clubs recruiter who said Danger is worth 2 top 10 picks and a good player/2nd rounder.

Finally, we've lost much better players than Danger (Modra/Rehn/McLeod/Roo) and still survived/thrived, so we'll be ok in the long run.
I'm just glad this is all over, I'm farkin sick if it. ;)

If Dangerfield made his decision this time last year, which some suggest, then you'd think a combination of the Tippett saga and fallout combined with the handling of Sando's sacking would've played a part. Let's face it - 2011-2014 was basketcase stuff.
Absolutely. The club can't in all honesty say that we have done everything we can to keep him.

We've started to do things better and credit to the new admin for this, but they don't get a blank slate. There's some baggage they inherit.

We dont know what Paddy's true reasons are for leaving though? Was it for Geelong? Was it because of Mardi? Was it family? We may never know properly?

It couldnt be because of the direction our Club was headed because all signs are we are have progressed upwards this year.

If the Club knew Danger was leaving before the finals, should we have even played him?
If the club was trying to win finals, then yes!!!

Good luck to him!!!! I hope we never lose to Geelong as long as he is there..... Genuinely can't wait for his first visit to the AO! Would love a chant of some sort lol

First warning sign should have been the fact Danger wasn't disappointed when Tex was made captain, whereas VB and Sloane were.
Given what a competitive beast Danger is and a great leader, his lack of care about being overseen for the captaincy should have been the first warning.
Secondly, the crap about not having thought about what he will do next season up until last week was an obvious sign.
I would have much preferred he come out early and say that he will go home next season for family reasons rather than consistently lie to the members and supporters.

Having said all this, Nobes has had a few weeks it seems to sort out a good deal, given Judd went for 2 top 5 picks and a 2nd rounder, danger being a tier below, i agree with another clubs recruiter who said Danger is worth 2 top 10 picks and a good player/2nd rounder.

Finally, we've lost much better players than Danger (Modra/Rehn/McLeod/Roo) and still survived/thrived, so we'll be ok in the long run.
I think the club have known for a long time and they both have kept it quiet, agreeing to what he would say to the media, so can't really hold that against him.

On to your last point, we haven't thrived when those players have left, we have misses the finals a lot.

Danger is going to be badly missed by us, not only was he our best by a long way, he was our most consistent by a long way. We need to load up our midfield big time.

Robbo and Gerard are saying on 360 that you can take it as fact that he told Noble 5 weeks ago that he was going leave at the end of the season. How on earth could they possible know that as fact? Sure, you may have some sources, but there is no way you can take this as fact yet. Even Bucks asked 'are we just assuming this?'

I think he is gone too, but there is no way anything is fact yet.

Wait till next year Catrick.

PoshDiscreteFish.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astonishing how many "this seals it posts" there are since Caro's article. That's what it took? After a whole year of being evasive and non-committal? Some of us should evidently exercise considerable caution around real estate agents, lawyers, car salesmen and the like.

Robbo and Gerard are saying on 360 that you can take it as fact that he told Noble 5 weeks ago that he was going leave at the end of the season. How on earth could they possible know that as fact? Sure, you may have some sources, but there is no way you can take this as fact yet. Even Bucks asked 'are we just assuming this?'
People talk and the media have been very confident that he was going for a long time.

I think he is gone too, but there is no way anything is fact yet.
Unless there's been premature dealings...

I think the club have known for a long time and they both have kept it quiet, agreeing to what he would say to the media, so can't really hold that against him.

On to your last point, we haven't thrived when those players have left, we have misses the finals a lot.

Danger is going to be badly missed by us, not only was he our best by a long way, he was our most consistent by a long way. We need to load up our midfield big time.

I honestly believe Walshy knew. It was probably one of the reasons why Tex was named captain and also why Thommo was given another year imo.

I've been saying it on here for months, people do just not realise the influence around the Geelong business and commerce centre that Paddy's future father in law Bruce Harwood holds and along with Frank Costa's business interests in the area, Patrick will be very well set up for life after football and make no mistake that will have had a lot to do with the ultimate decision. Of course I was howled down when I suggested this months ago by the "feminists" but I can live with that. Happy wife : Happy Life should read Happy Life : Happy Wife and Family.

Got no doubt he luvs AFC, and the fact he hasnt shopped himself around where he could have easily gotten 1.2m p.a for 6yrs type contract would suggest this is his main reason for leaving.

I created my account today with extreme optimism to say he was going to stay. My friend was very convincing, in fact he was certain he would stay. Things added up.

Then I got home from work and my wife said "did you hear Dangerfield cleaned out his locker today?", I then told her what Steven said and she replied with; "Jake Kelly said it was his stuff", but isn't he is staying. Things are not adding up as I though.

Reading that article by Caroline Wilson just now makes it very hard to beleive he is staying and even harder to remain confident he will stay.

I hope the tea leaves are wrong but within 3 hours, I fail to see how he could stay now. It's really depressing being a crows fan right now but I hope he has a change of heart stays.

I never bought the "Haven't thought about it" crap for one minute, it was just a fob off to whoever was asking the question that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back