No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep Danger, Douglas, Sloane, do u think we can still get Aish under the Cap? What will be a good deal to keep Brisbane happy? Pods and Reilly I think will also hang up the boots?

In short Yes. Will have a few contracts come off the books as you stated. I can also see them almost forcing Thompson to retire or not re-signing Douglas if we couldn't squeeze him in. I don't think it would come down to that because I think we have room for a $300-$400k pa player like Aish.

In short Yes. Will have a few contracts come off the books as you stated. I can also see them almost forcing Thompson to retire or not re-signing Douglas if we couldn't squeeze him in. I don't think it would come down to that because I think we have room for a $300-$400k pa player like Aish.

Aish won't be on 350k if we get him.

On their board they are expecting top 5 pick.

Yeah that wont happen. If Aish wants to come back home and nominates us they will get our first rounder + maybe a player. You always get unders in these situations.

Yeah that wont happen. If Aish wants to come back home and nominates us they will get our first rounder + maybe a player. You always get unders in these situations.

As long as Aish doesnt have a breakout year. You wouldnt want him to with the Clubs B&F and a top 10 in the Brownlow. We may end up passing what we get for Danger to the Lions.

As long as Aish doesnt have a breakout year. You wouldnt want him to with the Clubs B&F and a top 10 in the Brownlow. We may end up passing what we get for Danger to the Lions.

Every possibility of that happening. Especially if Danger goes to someone like the Pies where they look destined for a top 10 pick this year.

Every possibility of that happening. Especially if Danger goes to someone like the Pies where they look destined for a top 10 pick this year.

The Pies are definitely my smokey of getting Danger, I know that Balme was knee deep in the Danger negotiations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies are definitely my smokey of getting Danger, I know that Balme was knee deep in the Danger negotiations.

If Danger decides to leave, and that's a big if, here are my clubs in order I think he will go to:

1. Hawks
2. Cats
3. Pies

I'd be a touch disappointed if we gave up a first and a player seeing Aish is uncontracted.

I'd be a touch disappointed if we gave up a first and a player seeing Aish is uncontracted.

We will have to give up something substantial for the trade to get through the AFL and deemed fair. Aish is a top 6 pick and looking like a gun. If we cant offer them a top 10 pick something else will have to be involved (aka another 1st round pick or player).

We will have to give up something substantial for the trade to get through the AFL and deemed fair. Aish is a top 6 pick and looking like a gun. If we cant offer them a top 10 pick something else will have to be involved (aka another 1st round pick or player).

meh - what goes around comes around. Bock at the time of signing with GC is worth more than Aish I reckon - lets use the AFL guidelines to what they consider "reasonable" (eg late first round wasnt it ??)

meh - what goes around comes around. Bock at the time of signing with GC is worth more than Aish I reckon - lets use the AFL guidelines to what they consider "reasonable" (eg late first round wasnt it ??)

But we lost Bock to a rare circumstance. If GC didnt enter the comp Bock would have probably finished his career here.

On their board they are expecting top 5 pick.
They're not too far off the money. The main reason they won't get that is because we have no way of obtaining a top-5 pick to give them (maybe as part of a Dangerfield trade).

A mid-late 1st round pick on its own won't be enough to get the job done.

If Danger decides to leave, and that's a big if, here are my clubs in order I think he will go to:

1. Hawks
2. Cats
3. Pies
IMO

1. Cats
2. Daylight
3. Pies

(Opinion) I don't believe there is any chance Hawks will bring in a guy as their top money earner, and risk pissing off the mid range guys who deserve more.

Honestly, i'd rather use the PSD option than do that.

We need to make up ground on the competition, so seriously, we should be really making sure that threat is in play over being "fair".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back