• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO

1. Cats
2. Daylight
3. Pies

(Opinion) I don't believe there is any chance Hawks will bring in a guy as their top money earner, and risk pissing off the mid range guys who deserve more.

I think you are right. They aren't the Swans.

Honestly, i'd rather use the PSD option than do that.

We need to make up ground on the competition, so seriously, we should be really making sure that threat is in play over being "fair".

Aish is more than worth imo

If we can get a top 10 pick, who keeps developing like he is, 2 years later for a pick 11-20 + maybe a fringe player or later pick I'll take it every day of the week.

what's Douglas loyalty like, Can we keep him?

That not a concern. I think he is a real concern to be pushed out if we can get Aish and there have to be casualties. However I can see Douglas taking a massive pay cut rather before being sent elsewhere.

Aish is more than worth imo

If we can get a top 10 pick, who keeps developing like he is, 2 years later for a pick 11-20 + maybe a fringe player or later pick I'll take it every day of the week.

11-20 + later pick i'd accept at a pinch, but i really, really want us making sure PSD is in play for as long as possible for us (This is all providing he nominates Adelaide).

I just hate the idea of giving a first round and a player for Aish seeing how much we lost with draft sanctions.

11-20 + later pick i'd accept at a pinch, but i really, really want us making sure PSD is in play for as long as possible for us (This is all providing he nominates Adelaide).

I just hate the idea of giving a first round and a player for Aish seeing how much we lost with draft sanctions.

I don't like us trying to force Lions into PSD pick situation. That to me reeks of dirty trading. It will also come back to bite us in years to come if we need to trade again with them and the shoe is on the other foot. Reputation sticks in trading circles. I know for a fact, even before the saga, no one really tried to trade with the bombers because they were just too difficult about it and complete asshats. I believe Bombers have the least players traded in the last 15 years.

IMO

1. Cats
2. Daylight
3. Pies

(Opinion) I don't believe there is any chance Hawks will bring in a guy as their top money earner, and risk pissing off the mid range guys who deserve more.

+1

The only reason why Pies are in the ball park so to speak is that Balme has been heavily involved in getting Danger to the cattery.

I probably have it more like

1. Cats
2. A few hours of the day have passed.
3. Pies.
4. Daylight.

I don't like us trying to force Lions into PSD pick situation. That to me reeks of dirty trading. It will also come back to bite us in years to come if we need to trade again with them and the shoe is on the other foot. Reputation sticks in trading circles. I know for a fact, even before the saga, no one really tried to trade with the bombers because they were just too difficult about it and complete asshats. I believe Bombers have the least players traded in the last 15 years.

I'm pretty sure the Bombers employ BigFooty posters to handle their trade negotiations.

Might involve us swapping our picks, ie two high first rounders for a top 5 pick and a early second rounder. Passing the Top 5 pick to the Lions.

Might involve us swapping our picks, ie two high first rounders for a top 5 pick and a early second rounder. Passing the Top 5 pick to the Lions.

Personally, i'd be gunning for a similar deal to Polec where we upgrade their picks (i.e first for second, second for third etc). It's where i'd be angling, and, the most fair deal i'd accept if Aish nominated us.

Didn't they also want something better than what they got for Polec?

They got sweet F all for Polec. Not even an outright pick. A previous post of mine posted below.

Not sure why everyone thinks we need to give up a first rounder. I totally agree he's worth it but if he names the AFC we'd be stupid to pay his worth. Here's a summary of the Polec trade (pick 5). Ignore GWS, they're irrelevant.

Before
Port - 14, 34
Brisbane - Polec, 29, 45
GWS - 21, 22

After
Port - 21, 45, Polec
Brisbane - 22, 34
GWS - 14, 29

Port got Polec by downgrading it's first pick 7 places and it's second 11 places.

Brisbane didn't even receive a pick for him, they only got 2 pick upgrades (7 places, 11 places).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ain't fair.

I never said it was, and i don't believe that if he nominates us, that we should be fair.

Were Hawthorn fair with Gunston? Were Sydney with Tippet? Why should we be when we're in a position where we need to make up ground?

They're not too far off the money. The main reason they won't get that is because we have no way of obtaining a top-5 pick to give them (maybe as part of a Dangerfield trade).

A mid-late 1st round pick on its own won't be enough to get the job done.

I thought you may like this as a Norwood fan.

Dont mention that Aish is SA football royalty on their board, apparently it makes their blood boil for some reason. They get really shitty for you saying that.

“I am still comfortable with where it is all sitting, still chatting with the club and you know better than anyone how I feel about Adelaide and the football club,”

99% certainty.

I am sure his contract is dependent on what happens to Danger. He will probably try to sneak in an extra $50k per year or seek a 5 or 6 year deal.

I would be fine for Sloane to get a 6 year deal, he not the kind of player that will drop off. Especially if there is performance triggers in his contract.

ie Top 10 at Clubs B&F etc

That not a concern. I think he is a real concern to be pushed out if we can get Aish and there have to be casualties. However I can see Douglas taking a massive pay cut rather before being sent elsewhere.

For someone worth 500k?

If there are any casualties for signing Aish, everyone who has anything to do with list management at Adelaide deserves to be sacked.

I understand where you are coming from and most of the time, i'd be in a similar thought process.

That said, we're in a unique scenario where we need to make up ground on the competition and any option where we can make up a fair bit of ground for a minimal loss in the short term, should be heavily considered. Every team has moments of dirty trading, that said.

For someone worth 500k?

If there are any casualties for signing Aish, everyone who has anything to do with list management at Adelaide deserves to be sacked.

Why? As of this year clubs have to run at 100% of the salary cap. There isn't as much wiggle room as people may think.

Why? As of this year clubs have to run at 100% of the salary cap. There isn't as much wiggle room as people may think.

Nope, minimum you can still run at is 95% of the salary cap.

Edit: not only that, but you can spend more than 100% the next season, i.e more wiggle room

"- If clubs spend less than the salary cap in one season they will be able to spend more than the cap the following season." afl.com

I thought you may like this as a Norwood fan.

Dont mention that Aish is SA football royalty on their board, apparently it makes their blood boil for some reason. They get really shitty for you saying that.

Im just going there now....should be fun.

“I am still comfortable with where it is all sitting, still chatting with the club and you know better than anyone how I feel about Adelaide and the football club,”

99% certainty.

I am sure his contract is dependent on what happens to Danger. He will probably try to sneak in an extra $50k per year or seek a 5 or 6 year deal.

I would be fine for Sloane to get a 6 year deal, he not the kind of player that will drop off. Especially if there is performance triggers in his contract.

ie Top 10 at Clubs B&F etc

Spot on - he's waiting to find out what happens with Dangerfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back