Pitfall was awesome.

There was a remake around 2000ish too from memory
44174ca81359521b9774321179dc9684.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Pitfall was awesome.

There was a remake around 2000ish too from memory
44174ca81359521b9774321179dc9684.jpg

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I had either a demo or the full version for this remake of it. I sucked at it but I remember thinking at the time how amazing it looked.

The original game was also buried within that game!!

I didn't have Pitfall on Atari, but on Commodore 64. Funny thing is I just played it without knowing the objective, found the swinging mechanic fun and jumping on the crocodile heads.

I could have sworn that the original was also released at the arcade ? I remember playing it on a top down/sit down arcade cabinet many moons ago.

All my mates had Atari 2600’s. But my parents decided to get me an Intellevision much to my disgust. In the end it boasted better graphics and I even had a speech module you plugged in so there was actual voices in some games!!! All my 2600 owning friends were soon crowding around my TV .

The original game was also buried within that game!!

I didn't have Pitfall on Atari, but on Commodore 64. Funny thing is I just played it without knowing the objective, found the swinging mechanic fun and jumping on the crocodile heads.

I could have sworn that the original was also released at the arcade ? I remember playing it on a top down/sit down arcade cabinet many moons ago.
I’ve never heard of a Pitfall arcade machine, but who knows?

Maybe it was a bootleg cabinet?

Suggestions like Lode Runner, Bubble Bobble, Pitfall... They are old, but not sure I'd consider them 'forgotten'. They were all commercial successes.
Known to our generation anyways. Unknown to the new gen .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was life at primary school year 1 View attachment 2140494
Granny's Garden? That got a fair work out in early primary school for me too.

Out of nowhere I stumbled back upon this game and had a flood of nostalgia when trawling for another long lost game a few years back (to little success). Until then I'd completely forgotten all existence of it.

I also loved this and still own it. It was a sort of Space Invaders clone, but better imo.

That's so cool you still have it. Our Atari/ColecoVision combination was the only console we had as kids (and they were hand me downs from my older sister and brother), but we still loved them. I had to go to a friend's place to play SNES or the Master System.

As a result we kind of moved towards the games we had on PC as time went on. It wasn't until the N64 came out and my cousin let us borrow his for a few weeks that we were able to convince mum and dad that we NEEDED one. The trade off then was "Well if you're getting that, you won't want the Atari any more so can we sell it?" I was hesitant because I really loved a lot of those games, but it was the only way I was getting a N64.

I still remember feeling sad as I watched the guy who bought it hand over a single $50 note for an Atari/ColecoVision combo with about 30 games.

This was life at primary school year 1 View attachment 2140494

When you couldn't wait to go to computer lab at school

View attachment 2140496
Ok, I’m dating myself here, but I have fond memories of playing Raft Away River on Apple II in primary school. It was a multiplayer “edutainment” game to teach kids to problem solve and work together.

The screenshots are in colour, but I played it on the original Apple II green Fallout style monitor.

IMG_6941.jpeg
IMG_6939.png
IMG_6940.jpeg

That's so cool you still have it. Our Atari/ColecoVision combination was the only console we had as kids (and they were hand me downs from my older sister and brother), but we still loved them. I had to go to a friend's place to play SNES or the Master System.

As a result we kind of moved towards the games we had on PC as time went on. It wasn't until the N64 came out and my cousin let us borrow his for a few weeks that we were able to convince mum and dad that we NEEDED one. The trade off then was "Well if you're getting that, you won't want the Atari any more so can we sell it?" I was hesitant because I really loved a lot of those games, but it was the only way I was getting a N64.

I still remember feeling sad as I watched the guy who bought it hand over a single $50 note for an Atari/ColecoVision combo with about 30 games.
I tried never to sell anything. I guess you could call me a bit of a collector. I still have all my original consoles and games including Atari/NES.

The only ones I sold and deeply regret is lending my SNES and all my games to a workmate. He kept it for a year and then claimed he couldn’t find it. I ended up settling for an expensive dinner as compensation.

My mum forced me to sell my Link’s Awakening game for Game Boy at a garage sale.

And I let a mate convince me to trade in Super Mario 64 to EB Games so I could buy a Gamecube game.

My only regrets. I hung on to everything else. Hoarder that I am, lol.

If I were little older maybe I'd have kept more stuff. I'm from the 80s so everything was from my parents and old stuff either went to the tip or the Trading Post. We had a hand-me-down Amiga that was pretty good that I wish we kept but the only thing I genuinely miss is my old MegaDrive. Still my favourite gaming platform to date. After I got my PS1 we boxed away the MegaDrive and I remember a couple years later trying to plug it again and it wasn't compatible with any of our new TVs. Then I think it just went to the tip.

I don't have Instagram but I regularly get Retro Six on my FB reels and he mods, repairs and restores old and sometimes pretty unique gaming systems from Atari to Amiga and anything else including more modern stuff like original Xbox and PS1. It's really fascinating especially when he gives a bit of a history lesson about the platform.

I tried never to sell anything. I guess you could call me a bit of a collector. I still have all my original consoles and games including Atari/NES.

The only ones I sold and deeply regret is lending my SNES and all my games to a workmate. He kept it for a year and then claimed he couldn’t find it. I ended up settling for an expensive dinner as compensation.

My mum forced me to sell my Link’s Awakening game for Game Boy at a garage sale.

And I let a mate convince me to trade in Super Mario 64 to EB Games so I could buy a Gamecube game.

My only regrets. I hung on to everything else. Hoarder that I am, lol.

Yeah I think I held on to the feeling of loss from that original console and as a result never sold anything else. At home now, in addition to my PS5 and Switch, I still have my original Gameboy, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, Vita, and PS4, and a SNES I purchased off Ebay just to have one.

Last edited:
Did the reverse, sold everything and spent the last couple of years getting what I originally had back. Plus stuff I played but never owned.

Only thing I've got from my childhood is the Donkey Kong Game & Watch.

I don't have Instagram but I regularly get Retro Six on my FB reels and he mods, repairs and restores old and sometimes pretty unique gaming systems from Atari to Amiga and anything else including more modern stuff like original Xbox and PS1. It's really fascinating especially when he gives a bit of a history lesson about the platform.
I just finished setting up a Retroid Pocket 4 Pro. It’s an Android-based handheld gaming system. I put just about everything on it. It’s got full game collections of anything from Apple II/ZX Spectrum/DOS through Atari/NES/SNES through Game Boy/GBA/Lynx/Game Gear and right up to Dreamcast/GameCube/PS2. The only thing holding me from adding even more games is they don’t make micro SD cards big enough yet, lol. Along with a pretty graphical menu that shows info, box art, screenshots and videos as you scroll through the games.

It’s my own personal video game museum. So, when I see games like are posted in this thread, I can grab it and check them out. It’s the kind of console I dreamed about as a kid. Every game in my pocket, so to speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, really old retro forgotten games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back