Really, really old retro forgotten games

Remove this Banner Ad

Paradroid- C64

Difficult game, especially without the instructions and little idea what you’re meant to be doing. Recently found out theres a modern PC port so wil check out at some stage.

Atari had some interesting ones. Wait until you discover Custer's Revenge...
And the others!

a few i can remember that i put an amazing amount of hours into

Civilization (the original DOS game)

Indy 500

Railroad Tycoon

Grand Prix 2

a few i can remember that i put an amazing amount of hours into

Indy 500

Grand Prix 2

I was super lucky being gable to play those (and other) games on the Amiga 500.... the graphics and audio was far better. As I discovered later in life (late 90s) playing the pc versions with the EGA graphics and beeps for audio.

Funniest one was a Wheel of Fortune game, the C64 and Amiga 500 versions had better colour than the DOS release (yellow, red and green palette).

Fell in love with Civ, long live India having modern tanks v Spearmen on a culture war cause EAD Rome.

Would later school my sister in Civ2 and nuke everything, granted I was also;
1730082866413.png 1730082894225.png
between what '94 and 99 as PC's were for strategy so you can point click and give a thesis to why you need tile A and if you didn't get it, that means full scale war, and the birth of Firaxis to hate RNG...

Funniest one was a Wheel of Fortune game, the C64 and Amiga 500 versions had better colour than the DOS release (yellow, red and green palette).
played the absolute shit out of that - along with family feud

Also has this game as a kid.

NetworkQRACRally1993.jpg

Saw it in a Lucky/Scholastic Book Club catalogue and begged my mum for it and somehow got her to oblige, which was not a regular occurrence.

Such a great game though for the time. Weather effects and physics, the cars handled differently on tarmac to dirt and from dry to wet conditions. One of the first decent racing games I owned, and got fully into the rally speak for how sharp turns are and what not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played the absolute shit out of that - along with family feud

YES

My cousins had WOF on C64, used to always play it when I was there. I had the DOS versions of WOF and FF in the mid 90s. What I loved most about them was the ability to keep your total amount won game by game... a lot of the more modern releases (mega drive, snes etc) didn't have that feature.

I revisited* them a few years back via abandonware sites.

220px-Desert_strike_gameplay.png

30ish years old could be considered as old and retro :p. The Strike series (Desert, Jungle, Urban etc). My first experience with them (Desert Strike) was on the Amiga, but followed it up by playing the first two sequels on the Mega Drive. Game play was fun and storyline wise I always got a kick out of the villain 2IC in one game, would be the big bad villain in the sequel. Lost track of the series (but think it had an entry or 2 on the first playstation).

Probably not forgotten by those of us who played them back in the day, but EA don't want to touch the franchise :(

I was super lucky being gable to play those (and other) games on the Amiga 500.... the graphics and audio was far better. As I discovered later in life (late 90s) playing the pc versions with the EGA graphics and beeps for audio.

There was a Sale of the Century game I will never forget. Yellow on blue graphics and I was completely shit at it because I was young with little idea of what things really cost and it was in USD 😄

220px-Desert_strike_gameplay.png

30ish years old could be considered as old and retro :p. The Strike series (Desert, Jungle, Urban etc). My first experience with them (Desert Strike) was on the Amiga, but followed it up by playing the first two sequels on the Mega Drive. Game play was fun and storyline wise I always got a kick out of the villain 2IC in one game, would be the big bad villain in the sequel. Lost track of the series (but think it had an entry or 2 on the first playstation).

Probably not forgotten by those of us who played them back in the day, but EA don't want to touch the franchise :(

If you held a gun to my head and said I had to name my top 10 of all time then Desert Strike would be there. One of my favourite series and I wish it would make a comeback (only in the original style). I even had Soviet and Nuclear Strike on PS1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, really old retro forgotten games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back