Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

THere's a romance about both tbh. I definitely know a few diehards across a bunch of football codes who prefer the loungeroom experience over being at the match in general.
Oh yeah, I'm definitely watching the game at home on the big screen. I'll celebrate the moment with the family, have a sip of the Blue Label I've saving for the first flag and then it's straight in the Uber to Freotown. Peak price time be damned.

Yokai!

Believe me when it comes time my lid will go to the moon

I had a dream the other night , humour me 😁
It was me with Caleb Serong , Dogga , Luke Ryan , wee hours of the morning. arms around each other , drunk as skunks belting out the Cruel Seas “ Honeymoon is Over Baby “ in some bar in Melbourne following our first GF win .
Singing along in the background were all you people and all the Freo faithful

Lovely Dream 🤞
I had a dream I was walking away from the MCG after we won the Cup and the Queen song “We are the Champions” was belting out of my phone on loud speaker. The jubilant Freo crowd joined in of course!

Only trouble is, it was during the 2015 finals when I had the dream🤨

But, but I can dare to dream again!

I might be the odd one out, but I'll never go to a Grand Final.

Not the biggest fan of Melbourne at the best of times, and I definitely wouldn't want to be there if (IF) we lose.

But mostly, especially for our first one, I wanna be IN Freo painting the streets purple. I wanna be at the Sail and Anchor, absolutely toasted and loving it, surrounded by other toasted and long suffering supporters belting out Purple Rain so loud they hear us in Two Rocks.

Then we can all head back to my place and watch the replay on continuous loop and clean out my liquor cabinet, I'm sure the missus and kid won't mind. ;) It is Saturday after all.

That's my GF dream anyway, had it for a few years now.
Our entire Docker family were at the GF in 2013 and participated in the Freo March from Fed Square to the MCG
It is something that is imprinted on my brain forever.

It was soul destroying walking back to the hotel after our loss. I couldn’t even answer phone calls from well meaning friends I was that gutted. No-one spoke and it was a long walk back to the hotel.

Just to make the gut wrenching day even worse, we had a group sitting behind us at the MCG who were only there to get a skin full and spilt their beer all over our group sitting in front of them.

Would I do it again?

I honestly don’t know.

Our entire Docker family were at the GF in 2013 and participated in the Freo March from Fed Square to the MCG

It was soul destroying walking back to the hotel after our loss. I couldn’t even answer phone calls from well meaning friends I was that gutted. No-one spoke and it was a long walk back to the hotel.

Just to make the gut wrenching day even worse, we had a group sitting behind us at the MCG who were only there to get a skin full and spilt their beer all over our group sitting in front of them.

Would I do it again?

I honestly don’t know.
Sounds like I'll see you at the Sail, 3:30 pm on Saturday the 28th of September with the rest of the Freo family.

We don't all need to be in Melbourne to celebrate it.

Plus we've all gotta be at the airport to welcome the boys home with the cup, I still have vivid memories of those images in '92 when the Eagles got back from Melbourne. I still can't listen to "The boys are back in town" by Thin Lizzy without shuddering. Childhood trauma.

Would I do it again?

I honestly don’t know.
That’s why you have to.

I was on a ferry hopping between Croatian islands and the connection wasn’t great (first world problems) when the game was played so finally watched the whole thing and god damn there were some outrageous plays. Serong, Young, Treacy, Chapman, Amiss etc etc. We are very pretty to watch at full flight.

I was on a ferry hopping between Croatian islands and the connection wasn’t great (first world problems) when the game was played so finally watched the whole thing and god damn there were some outrageous plays. Serong, Young, Treacy, Chapman, Amiss etc etc. We are very pretty to watch at full flight.
it was almost surreal. which is why we have to embrace these moments :)

Would I do it again?

I honestly don’t know.
the night before was awesome!!!

I deleted a few 'friends' after that match, when they kicked us in the guts

I might be the odd one out, but I'll never go to a Grand Final.

Not the biggest fan of Melbourne at the best of times, and I definitely wouldn't want to be there if (IF) we lose.

But mostly, especially for our first one, I wanna be IN Freo painting the streets purple. I wanna be at the Sail and Anchor, absolutely toasted and loving it, surrounded by other toasted and long suffering supporters belting out Purple Rain so loud they hear us in Two Rocks.

Then we can all head back to my place and watch the replay on continuous loop and clean out my liquor cabinet, I'm sure the missus and kid won't mind. ;) It is Saturday after all.

That's my GF dream anyway, had it for a few years now.
We went in 2013 and 2014 - we didn't feel sick at the 2014 one and actually enjoyed it. The build up, the energy at the MCG, and just everything around it are things I will never forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to be in Croatia from 9th Sept so will only get to see the first week of the finals. So badly planned!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

What’s the best way to be able to watch while I’m away? It’ll be just my luck that after 30 years of membership, they’ll snag this one while I’m halfway round the world. 😳😳

I might not see it happen, but fmd I’ll celebrate hard if it does happen!! 💜⚓

I’m going to be in Croatia from 9th Sept so will only get to see the first week of the finals. So badly planned!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

What’s the best way to be able to watch while I’m away? It’ll be just my luck that after 30 years of membership, they’ll snag this one while I’m halfway round the world. 😳😳

Get a 1 month WatchAFL.com.au subscription for when you’re away. It’s basically every game/show on FOXTEL.

Don’t worry IP, you’ll hear the singing from half a world away.

TNT thundering around the globe.

I fly out the 29th August and come back 24th September so I miss the finals and come back GF week.

I am doing Oktoberfest on the Saturday in Munich which will be prelim final day in Australia.

I am seriously hoping it will be a celebration of Freo making the 2nd GF.

I fly out the 29th August and come back 24th September so I miss the finals and come back GF week.

I am doing Oktoberfest on the Saturday in Munich which will be prelim final day in Australia.

I am seriously hoping it will be a celebration of Freo making the 2nd GF.
Similar to us - we fly out on August 14 and get back on September 23. Think we are in Frankfurt for the prelim, or will that be a bye round?

we try to never be away for the GF weekend (just in case)

"OGs"? Other girlfriends?
OnlyGrans

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

Back